Legacy Heights Senior Living Community - Charlotte, NC

I enjoyed the staff and environment. The layout seem to work well. The staff were engaging with the residents. The community also see to have a good sense of the challenges of Alzheimer's

The community was neat and clean. The rooms were very clean as well as s viral beautiful dining areas. I was able to briefly see an activity which was a pianist. Nevertheless, I did not notice men there for that activity and I would welcome a little more diversity for my uncle.

A tour for care

I toured this community for the care from my father. We liked the activities and the staff was caring.We liked the community for being clean and maintained. The menu was appealing and we liked the list of activities.

First community I visited. Residence where engaged in an activity. Nicely decorated and residence where well groomed. Liked the smaller dining areas but could use more color in these rooms. Wasn't to sure about the points rating used for personal care and med management. I would need to better understand before committing.

After our first month @ Legacy I am very pleased with the attention they have given my mom in insuring things go well for her. The staff is very friendly and cooperative and supportive. Easy to access staff if questions arise. Facility is very nice and well kept up. Meals seem very balanced and well presented

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Legacy Heights has been a good one, overall. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. They're very diligent and consistent when it comes to checking in on the residents and getting them out of their rooms for meals and activities. I also like that they have their own physical therapy staff and in-house doctors. However, we have had a few issues with the medication service.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about Legacy Heights Senior Living Community. We are very glad that your overall experience with our community has been positive. We would very much like to speak with you about your concerns about the medication service. Please contact us directly so we can discuss and address your concerns. Thanks again!

We loved Legacy Heights. It's at the top of our list at the moment. The facility was nee and cheerful and I found the pricing reasonable.

Caring and attentive staff

Our experience with Legacy Heights has been a very good one, overall. It is a nice looking place, and the staff is friendly and very attentive to the needs of the residents. The care they provide is excellent.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I especially liked the RN, she seemed like a very competent person. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Rushed through tour, but looked good.

This is one of the places I toured when I was looking for options. It was a good community. Everyone else was pretty friendly, but I wasn't too crazy about the lady that did the tour. I felt like I was rushed. All of the communities seemed to be about the same price. I don't really remember all the care services they offer, so that is hard to rate, and also I didn't see any activities, because we rushed through so fast.

We moved my mom into Legacy Heights one month ago. We had visited 7 assisted living homes prior to choosing it. What really stands out about it is both the cleanliness of it and the friendliness of all the employees. Never have I walked in and smelled that odor that is common in many homes. The staff is always around to help in any way possible. So far we are very pleased with Legacy Heights and would recommend it highly to others. Mom is currently on the basic level of care with medication being administered to her 3 times day. Activities are scheduled daily and include, bingo, music, spiritual leaders, volunteer groups like scout troops, people that paint nails, do crafts etc. with the residents

One and half years in, many things have changed.

Our expereience over the past 1 1/2 yrs has been just that, an experience. My loved one is in the memory care building and the sales pitch was wonderful but does not follow through. I was sold a "montosourri" lifestyle for the residents, but the care staff does not pariticpate unless a tour is coming thru or a prescription is written for PT or OT to do it.
The most simple requests (i.e. yogurt for lunch or with lunch) can turn into the biggest ordeal. You must bring the yogurt in yourself if you want them to have it. I though meals were included with the monthly fee?
They are quick to diaper a resident, and slow to change that diaper. You really need to be hands on for the first 90 days after moving your loved one in.
It's not a bad place, but i do feel like i need a "nanny cam" sometimes.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and share your concern. To better serve you, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Our dedicated staff is committed to providing the utmost care and services to all residents. Your feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to focus on as we strive to uphold and improve the quality of standards that each resident deserves. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to serve you and your loved one.

Shay Lingerfelt
Executive Director
Legacy Heights

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with the service here! We've had experience with other communities and this one is an improvement in every category. The management here are outstanding! They are personable, very active, and really know all the residents. We had quite a few tours lined up and didn't feel the need to look further after seeing Legacy Heights!

I really have no major complaints abo...

I really have no major complaints about them, and up until recently, I would have given them a 4. Due to recent events, I'm beginning to think this may not be the best situation for my loved one, who is still very mentally capable. However, I have confidence in them. The staff are very cooperative and nice, and I hope this works out. It's a great place, and it just might not be the right place for my loved one.

Legacy is a first class operation

Legacy is a first class operation. Good staff, clean facility, and overall a nice senior living center.

I loved them!

I loved them, they didn't have an opening and they don't take medicaid at all. They were smaller, and friendlier, and brighter. It was very happy feeling place, the way they had it decorated. I've also spoken with friends who have loved ones there and they are extremely happy as well.

They're trying really hard to improve it

I have had an issue the last week or so with my moms bathroom floor being sticky, there was kind of an accident and there were some soiled spots on the carpet and there were some spots in the bathroom they did have them supposidly clean the carpet and mop the room the next day but there were still some spots on the carpet and the bathroom was stickier than ever. Overall I'm pretty well satisfied and I guess any place you are there are going to be staff that are more efficient than others or do their job better. I go everyday so when I'm there of course I know they're nice to her but I can observe some other folks and the way they're treated, maybe not so kind, but it's just particular members of the staff and I know the memory care director has said that she's been doing a lot of interviewing and there would be some faces that we would not see. It's just that there are a few bad eggs in the staff, but I feel better about the care that she gets, in a way.

GREAT facility!

I chose Legacy for simple reasons. It is the highest rated ALF in the county, it was quaint, homey & modern. The staff did not seem overworked and very kind, compassionate people. Legacy feels more like a resort than an assisted living facility. My Dad suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm & stroke 4 years ago. My Mom recently passed from cancer and my husband and I were not going to be able to give him the time and care he needed. He needed to come out of his shell. He is unable to make any long term memories, but it is very independent otherwise only requiring some minor queues to him get through his day. His apartment is VERY spacious and warm and he is doing well so far. There are always a few hiccups in the beginning but through open communication things are being worked out for the better. It is a learning experience for us as well as the staff. The biggest thing for me was proximity to my home. Legacy is only 15 minutes from my home which makes it easy for me to spend QUALITY time with my Dad. Ballantyne is an upscale neighborhood and now HE has a better address than we do!

Take tours, ask questions, do your homework. It will help put your mind at ease. You will feel guilty at first until you see them thriving. Best Wishes.

My Observation.

Since 3 weeks my Mom lives in the Assisted Living ,Legacy Hights, she needed to be moved from an Independant Lving Place she was happy there. Unfortunately she fell and fractured her hip, was in Rehab for 8 weeks and could not return to her old place. She is 92!
Of course a new place at that age is an adjustment, I can only say, that Legacy Hights lacks warmth from the Staff, not all, but the smiles and friendliness is mossing.
Her room is very nice,the DR are many and clean, the Ambiance very nice, you can sit outside, most are cold 76-78F .For my Mom a routine has not been established yet.

Multiple dining rooms

The community is very conveniently located for our family and is close to the church our loved one would be going to. It seems less expensive then the comparable communities. The dining is set up into smaller multiple dining rooms rather then one large dining area. The staff was on the ball; they were all very friendly and helpful. We spoke to about 6 or 7 residents and each one of them said they were happy here at Legacy Heights. Dawn McKenzie from A Place for Mom was very very helpful. She set up all the appointments and provided us with good advice on how to prepare my loved one for the move.

Working out the kinks

We are currently still working out some small kinks but they are working with us to try and fix the issues. Overall we are happy and think we are in the right place and would be able to recommend them to anyone.

This is the one

This is the most heart wrenching decision you will have to make. I toured 10 different facilities! All 5 star facilities or so they said. Legacy Heights stood out from the beginning. When you walk in the front door, it just oozes cozy, warmth, safety, and home. I had a scheduled tour and then I "stopped" in for an unscheduled visit. They were exactly the same! I felt secure that LH would do as they promise in their tour. The tour was not a "fluff" scene, In total I was there for 2 1/2 hours. I stayed for 1 1/2 hours the first time and an hour the second time. I know my aunt is safe here. I KNOW it. She will be engaged and not sat in a room or a chair until the next med's are due, or meal is ready. She will addressed as a person and with compassion.
This is the place for your family loved one too. This is as close to home as we can give them and keep them safe.

This is my favorite I've toured so fa...

This is my favorite I've toured so far. It was Bright, busy, residents were active. Lot's of sensory and activities going on as well as scehduled. Staff that i met were pleasant. One room available now. Uses Montisouri boxes, backed up what they advertised or said they do.

Nice place

Nice place

The home shows very well but we didn'...

The home shows very well but we didn't receivee a follow up call.

Met with the director...non smoking b...

Met with the director...non smoking but she said she would work with dad...go to edge of property...Male activities director...residents were bowling )Wii) when I got there...pby 10-12 in main living room. Set up in neighborhoods. Hall with culdesac, 6 rooms..each hall has it's own dining and tv room. Can eat anywhere they want, view tv any where they want...menu placed on table...residents choose in advance what they want to eat...has an always menu on table, grilled cheese and chef salad on always menu. quite nice choices for meals...end of month having a guys steak and beer night at the grill. rooms very nice...307 sq ft small...I really liked the Studio Plus..almost divided into sleeping area and living room area...lg bathroom, great closet...mail deliver to box just outside door...cable extra, phone also ...slightly larger room with kitchenette (fridge, microwave, cabinet storage, above and below $300 more a month....not worth it...just get fridge...studio and studio plus ovelooked gardent, patio..dad can watch wildlife...studio delux ovelooked back parking lot, but that's where the deer and rabbit show themselves. studio plus is being redecorated, new carpet, paint, but bath has pbm with heat...100 degrees in there. Room was comfortable. No odors, not institutional smell, no cooking smells like cedar land...very clean...everyone friendly...didn't see much staff...one CNA with med cart...will go to dad or he can go to them. must rq night check Room $2050 per month plus personal assistance service diff levels #1 $0, #2 $300, #3 $600, #4 $900, #5 $1200 #6 $1500...they will schedule someone to evaluate DAD in MD and again when he arrives. would need VA assistance

Welcome Home to Legacy Heights of Charlotte. We are located in South Charlotte’s beautiful Ballantyne area, close to neighborhood shopping malls. Our community offers Assisted Living as well as our award winning Bridge to Rediscovery, Montessori-based memory care program. We also offer Respite Care for temporary stays. Our calendar is bursting with activities, outings, and social events. Legacy Heights of Charlotte is all about people….”Wonderful People”.