Regency Retirement Village – Birmingham - Birmingham, AL

Very nice. They have assisted living area at added expense. it's next to MCU which means I could walk to church services 3 or 4 times a week.

We arrived just after lunch had finished and the floor was wet with a Lysol smell--45 minutes later it's still wet. No one expected us, but as our conversation continued the staff remembered talking with my mother. The place looks and feels old. They "might be able" to arrange morning and evening dressing assistance but wouldn't commit to that. Any transition to Assisted Care puts you on the waiting list--at the bottom.

Having no outside area really bothers me and I think it would bother my loved one also. The residents seem to be happy and active. Nice bright colors. Looks cheerful!

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well so far with Regency Retirement Village! They do pretty much everything well, I'd give them top marks across the board! They're great about keeping in touch, I always hear immediately if any issues come up. They're very Johnny-on-the-spot with the care, they notice immediately if anything changes with my loved one. They also do a great job with the food!
One thing they offer that was a big plus for us was the companion room option. Dad loves having a roommate, it makes us feel like he is safer, and it really helps keep the costs down.

Very caring

The people are very caring, very kind, and take very good care of the residents. They have ample parking. They have gardens with lovely flowers. The community is clean and very well kept. There are lots of activities.

Regency Retirement Village

Thank you for your kind words! We love our residents and they are our top priority!

Hard location to get to. O...

Hard location to get to. Only studios in assisted living. One bed room only available in independent living. Price is excellent but by the time you add the additional VIP services to make it closer to assisted living it would not be worth it. Bad odor in the lobby.

Regency Retirement Village

I am so sorry you found an odor in our lobby. We work very hard to not have any unpleasant odors! I would love to talk with you about our community further. We currently have one and two bedrooms available in Independent Living. Give us a call!

Has saved my friends life!

I have a friend at Regency and visit there often. I am currently considering options for my parents. Regency is on the top of my list. They are always helpful and go above and beyond the call of duty. I'm particularly impressed with the care that each resident receives. The staff is always quick to respond to my friends needs. He has been blessed by being there.

Pretty good place....

I have to say, much better than other experiences we have had and people are friendly. Seems that they don't let the small stuff drop. However, after being there for less than a year, they just increased their prices which is not appreciated given the budget. A week later, they wanted Christmas bonuses....bad timing.

Regency Retirement Village

Thank you for your kind words about Regency. Because we don't allow our staff to accept gifts or tips from residents, many of them expressed a desire to show their appreciation during the holidays. We decided to give all of our residents and their families an opportunity to participate. It was never our intent to put anyone in bad position. This is totally optional and staff members are not aware of who gives or the amount. Next year we will try to handle this differently. Sorry again that this caused your family stress during this joyous time.

Mom's experience at The Regency

The Regency is home to mom. When we go out
For any reason she always says "I can't wait to get
Home". It took time for her to feel this way but now
She says how lucky she is to live there and wouldn't
Want to live anywhere else. The staff is wonderful and
Caring. My only complaint would be the time from
Ringing for staff and arrival time which can be a bit lengthy.
We are very pleased with her stay.

Regency Retirement Village

We are so pleased to hear that your Mom considers this her HOME. That is exactly how we want her to feel! She is a special lady and Regency is blessed to have her here.
We will check today and make sure her call buttons are working properly and address the arrival time with the staff. You are correct, our staff is wonderful and caring and your Mom is their top priority. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Wonderful

Regency has been all that is advertised, and more. My mother and sister have been there for eight months and the facility and services are just wonderful. The food is always delicious and healthy. Personnel is tops. They are always encouraging and helpful. Makes everyone feel wanted and worthy. They have gone above the call of duty in providing needed services for us. The community is very friendly and they are encouraging to each other. The facility is conveniently located near shopping, and near the interstate. Without any regrets, we are fully satisfied.

Regency Retirement Village

Dr. Huntley we love your family! Thank you for your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

Top of the line

The staff is just great. They are very capable and friendly. The staff is very efficient and really knows how to get things done. The community it self is very friendly. The actually community is very clean and well maintained. The food here is just great. They are doing everything really great and I am very happy with them. I would recommend Regency to anyone. They are just top of the line when it comes to a senior community.

Friendly residents and staff! The d...

Friendly residents and staff! The director has been so helpful through all of this. I really appreciate her.