We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Somerset, NJ has yet not published prices.
- Religious Services
- Free Nourishment Stations
- Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Hospice Available
- Short Term Rehab
- On-site physical therapy
- Long Term Care
- Respite Care
- Recreational & Social Activities
- Medical Director on Staff
- Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
- 24 hour care
- Assistance with all aspects of daily living
- Specializing in Alzheimer
- Dental Care Available
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Free Wifi
About Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Somerset, NJ
The most recent addition to the Regency family, Regency Heritage is centrally located in Somerset, New Jersey, on the beautiful 59-acre Oscar and Ella Wilf Campus for Senior Living. Regency Heritage is committed to bringing advanced levels of skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and quality of life to all those we serve, in an environment that embraces Jewish values and traditions.
A recent multi-million dollar renovation project has transformed Regency Heritage into one of the area’s most elegant and luxurious senior residences. A generous 265-bed capacity addresses both the community’s long- and short-term care needs. Spacious, elegantly appointed rooms, cheery public areas and gracious dining facilities help create an atmosphere of comfort, companionship and community.
Long-term residents benefit from the highest quality, round-the-clock nursing care as well as comprehensive clinical support and personal care services. They also enjoy sumptuous dining, with Glatt kosher menu choices prepared under the supervision of a certified nutritionist. There is also a robust program of recreational and social activities designed to complement a wide range of lifestyles, interests and preferences.
For patients and residents in need of rehabilitation and specialized services, our award-winning Regency Rehab ™ staff utilizes the latest therapies and treatment modalities. Together with our dedicated, state-of-the-art equipped facilities, they work to ensure optimum recovery and the return to the highest degree of independence and quality of life possible.
Regency Heritage is convenient to major highways and easily accessible by both private and public transportation. Five of New Jersey’s finest hospitals are also located right in our area: St. Peter’s Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Medical Center, Princeton Medical Center, Somerset Medical Center and JFK Hospital.
We are also extremely excited to introduce our new cutting edge technology in Healthcare which we will be rolling out in July 2016 at all Regency Nursing and Post-Acute Rehabilitation Centers!
Allow us to introduce MD Live Care! They are a physician based group that provide telemedicine during evening hours, weekends and holidays. They utilize cutting edge video communication technology and digital diagnostic equipment(s) which allows their physicians to interact, evaluate, diagnose and triage our patients at their bedside without leaving the facility.
They are a group of board certified physicians with 10+ years of experience in both hospital and Sub-Acute/Post-Acute care settings and are highly qualified to treat medically complex patients. MD Live Care's main goal is to help Regency Nursing and Post-Acute Rehabilitation Centers by treating our medically ill patients at their bedside. They will provide additional support and guidance to nurses as they care for our patients. They will work hand in hand with our primary care physicians and communicate with our patients and their family members to provide updates and follow-ups regarding care provided.
As an additional courtesy for our residents to enhance the quality of care, Regency will incur all service charges from MD Live Care, as they will not bill our patient's insurance. This initiative is yet another illustration of Regency's commitment to pushing the envelope in Healthcare technologies and advancements and to spare no expense in caring for our residents.
Somerset is a relatively quiet suburban community where seniors can enjoy nature at their doorstep while still being close to all the amenities and resources that they may need. The town is made up of quite a diverse population. Seniors enjoy calm suburban life, young professionals appreciate the short commute to New York City, and young families take advantage of the modest real estate market.
- Walkability Score: 23/100. Somerset is quite suburban with numerous residential pockets, making it necessary to have a car or another form of transportation to get around.
- Average age of residents in Somerset: 39.
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities in the area: 232
- Number of Veteran Facilities in the area: 0. However, there is one veteran advisor service facility only a 10-minute drive away, and there are three veteran medical facilities within 25-35 minutes of Somerset.
- Somerset, NJ is in a humid subtropical climate with summer temperatures ranging from 61 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit and winter temperatures ranging from 19 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit.
Residents can easily get around town on the public buses, trains, taxis, or rideshares. Seniors may take advantage of discounted or even free rides on public transportation.
- Somerset offers three bus transportation programs: New Jersey Transit, Suburban Transit, and Somerset County Ridewise. These services are provided at a discount for senior passengers. In addition to the senior discount, the Somerset Division of Transportation provides ADA Complementary Paratransit service for eligible passengers.
- Taxi services include Somerset Taxi, Liberty Taxicab, Inc., Taurus Car Service, and All Brunswick Taxi.
- Uber and Lyft are widely available in Somerset. Seniors can easily find a ride by downloading either of these apps on their phones.
Health and Safety
With over a dozen hospitals within a 25-minute drive of Somerset, seniors and their families never have to worry about not having access to care.
- Hospitals: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center and has been ranked among the best hospitals in the United States. C entral Jersey Urgent Care provides care to patients with non-life-threatening emergencies seven days a week and is an excellent alternative to an ER visit, as lines are short and co-pays are low. Saint Peter's University Hospital has won multiple awards for its high level of quality care. In addition to the excellent local options, residents are a short drive from world-renowned hospitals in New York City.
- Somerset has a fairly average crime rate on par with the national average.
- The Township of Franklin, which includes Somerset, provides a handy Resource Directory for seniors so they have access to everything they need.
Sports and Leisure
There are many opportunities to be active and get involved through the Somerset and Franklin Township community programs. Seniors can enjoy a number of programs targeted to their demographic.
- There are numerous golf courses in and around Somerset. Tara Greens Golf Center is a family friendly course that offers great discounts every day. Somerset County Park Commission operates a number of courses throughout the county, one of which is Quail Brook. This location is often touted as one of the best public golf courses in Central Jersey for seniors, as it offers seniors a steep discount Monday through Thursday. The Park Commission also runs a Spooky Mini Golf Course if residents are in the mood for some haunted fun.
- While there are not any local professional sports teams, Somerset residents support New York teams. If people want to enjoy some live sports, NYC stadiums, fields, and rinks are about an hour drive by car or two hours by public transportation.
- Seniors can enjoy social time and engage in fun activities at the Franklin Township Senior Center. They can play a game of bingo, bridge, or mahjong, relax with some gentle yoga, or get the blood pumping with some Zumba! Nearby recreation centers also provide more activities for seniors. This includes the New Brunswick Recreation Center and the Sonny Werblin Recreation Center.
- There are many hiking and biking trails for residents that are especially beautiful in autumn as the leaves change.
Shopping and Entertainment
Although Somerset is a small suburban community, there are plenty of shopping and entertainment options available. Plus, with New York City just a short drive away, the choices are endless.
- Residents can easily find what they need at the local Stop & Shop, Kmart, or Easton Mall.
- Enjoy live music at Music in the Somerset Hills, a local organization whose mission is to offer high quality musical experiences to the community. They perform many different kinds of music, so there is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy. In addition to professional performances, Music in the Somerset Hills offers workshops and lessons for children and adults.
- There are five movie theaters in town, which offer senior discount days.
- The Somerset County Library and The Franklin Township Public Library offer many fun activities, such as book clubs, free computer classes, movie nights, board game socials, and even yoga classes!
- Residents can drive or take public transportation to nearby New York City to find countless options for visual arts, theater, opera, ballet, music, and food experiences.
Somerset and the Township of Franklin offer numerous places of worship for religious or spiritual practitioners. If residents cannot find an appropriate synagogue or other place of worship in the immediate locale, there are many more options in the surrounding towns.
- Synagogues in Somerset and the surrounding areas: Chabad of Greater Somerset County ; Poile Zedek Synagogue ; Temple Bnai Shalom ; and Temple Beth El of Somerset. There are many more options in nearby New York City.