Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Somerset, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Religious Services
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Speech Therapy
  • Short Term Rehab
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Long Term Care
  • Respite Care
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • 24 hour care
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Dental Care Available
  • Free Wifi

Too short handed of staff, but you do have some excellent staff. They work hard with you and go out of their way.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Estella for your review on the excellent staff we have here at Regency. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, we do our best to accommodate everyone. Your feedback is appreciated.

Regency Heritage Rehab in Somersetwoods

Regency Jewish Heritage rehab center in Somersetwoods is a great place. I always tell everyone that if they need rehab, they should go to Regency Heritage rehabilitation in Somerset, NJ.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review and recommendation to Regency Heritage. We are known to provide our residents with a wonderful experience. We really appreciate your feedback.

There are so many people I'd like to thank for my getting healthier and stronger after having bilateral knee replacement. I admit I was nervous going anywhere after leaving the hospital and going to place for rehabilitation. Regency Jewish Heritage gave me the personal touch I needed, while giving me my own room to relax. I was welcomed by EVERYONE in Administration, physical therapy, nurses, assistants, housekeepers, social workers, etc. Everyone made it a priority to listen to my needs while getting stronger.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We are blessed to have a wonderful group of caring and compassionate staff members here at Regency Heritage. We really appreciate your feedback.

Would Have Been My First Choice

I loved this community it would have been the perfect fit for my sister. The staff was very nice and friendly. As soon as I walked in I got a much homier feel than others that I had been too. The community had decided my sister would not be a good fit for the community. I don't think they gave my sister a fair chance and they made their decision based on past medical history which doesn't represent her at the current time.

Judah Gutwein

Thanks so much for your candid and valuable feedback and we deeply apologize that it seems we were unable to accommodate your Sister on this occasion. God bless you both.

Old World Values and Compassion at Regency Jewish Heritage

The care that my Mother received at Regency Heritage during her relatively short stay will always be remembered. From the Administrator, all the way to the kitchen personnel, everyone seemed to be there at the right time to lend a helping hand when needed.

We were overwhelmed by their kindness and we commend Regency Jewish Heritage for offering old world values and traditions steeped in true empathy and compassion.

[Removed]

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you David and Maureen for your touching feedback. Here at Regency Heritage we are blessed with a wonderful team of caring and compassionate staff members. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Regency Heritage on Somerset provided excellent Rehab for our loved one.
Food could have been better.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Margaret for your review on the excellent rehab we have here at Regency Heritage. We apologize about the food not meeting your taste, we do our best to accommodate everyone. We really appreciate your feedback.

I enjoyed the friendliness of the Regency Heritage. They have been very caring and considerate and therapy is wonderful.
I wasn’t thrilled to find ants in the bathroom but they rectified.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Herbert for your review. We do our best to provide you with the best possible experience here at Regency Heritage. We sincerely apologize for any negative experience you may have had. Your review is appreciated.

I recently toured the Regency Nursing in Somerset. This is a beautiful facility with a great family environment. We will be placing our loved one there for long term care. Currently, they are in Spring Hills Assisted Living and now they need a greater level of care.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Bernard for your review. We are looking forward to providing you and your loved one with the best experience possible. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Horrible care ,[Removed]

God awful ..Never bring a family member here if you love them...I do not believe any of the reviews on this site ...I took my dad out I thought he was making stuff up...I had a few nurses telling me the AIDS were terrible and they were hiring anyone who would work for cheap......Also I talked to many people there and many left cause of the [Removed] and terrible care and [Removed] they got ..I know of many that have left in the last yr ..This place has a bad reputation all over among the medical profession...Just ask around at local hospitals and u will see the look u get ..

Judah Gutwein

We are very proud of our 5-Star reputation and have worked extremely hard to achieve it. Our industry achievements are of public record and in the public domain. We enjoy a close relationship and partnership, with preferred provider status at our local hospitals, including St. Peter's and RWJ/Barnabas. Independent websites like this one, empower consumers to leave their feedback, much the same way it has allowed you to share your own personal experience. We apologize that it seems we were unable to earn your confidence.

[Removed] [Removed],

My special thanks to the staff at Regency Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for their care,attention,support and enthusiasm,working with wife[Removed].Special appreciation to [removed] [Removed][Removed],[Removed] [Removed],[Removed] [Removed],RN,[Removed] [Removed],[Removed] [Removed] and [Removed] [Removed]

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback here at Regency Heritage.

Review of Regency Heritage Nursing And Post Acute Rehabilitation Center Franklin-Township, NJ

My dad was here and we were satisfied with therapy and some of the aides. A few would have had better bedside manner, but by and large, most were excellent. The main thing is, they got me strong, healthy, and back home in time for my granddaughters baby shower!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. Nothing makes us happier then assisting a patient of ours in their recovery. Wishing you happiness and health and congratulations on your granddaughter!

Thank You Juda and Regency Heritage Postacute Care Center!

With our elderly loved one who has been in and out of rehab centers over the last 4 years, our experience has been somewhat of a mixed bag, until we found Juda [removed] and the staff at the regency post acute care center in somerset.

We were originally introduced to regency park care center in hazlet, because our loved one was at Bayshore community hospital in holmdel, which is only minutes away from the regency park location.

There we were introduced to Juda who took over and calmed our fears and even helped us with referring us to medicaid consultants. His demeanor and professionalism were unerrring .

We wound up working with Juda on an admission to this sister facility in somerset and also on a medicaid application with application pros in Jackson nj.

Juda and the regency exceeded all of our expectations in terms of quality care and a beautiful location to help us sleep better at night.

No place is a substitute for home, or homecooking, but regency comes closest.

Jeremiah,

Thank you so much for your wonderful warm words of praise for Regency Heritage.
That you chose our exceptional rehab facility (we like to think of it as the pinnacle of somersetwoods rehab (or the best post-acute care in Somerset woods), is a testament to your research and due diligence. We are quite proud of our stellar reputation for excellence at Regency Heritage Rehabilitation in Somerset Woods and we appreciated the opportunity to do right by you! Best Regards!

Review of Regency Heritage Nursing And Post Acute Rehabilitation Center-Franklin Township, NJ

My dad was a resident here back in February of 2016 and we were pleased with the level of care and the therapy. This is a good place and worthy of consideration.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to have been such a wonderful experience for you and your loved ones here at Regency Heritage. We really appreciate your feedback.

Review of Regency Heritage Nursing And Post Acute Rehabilitation Center-Franklin Township, Nj

My social worker was cooperative, gave me good recommendations, and made me feel like I had a say in my care. Physical therapy was very good, cooperative, and I feel as if we had a good rapport with them. This is my 3rd time here!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are blessed with a team of exceptionally caring and compassionate staff members. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Very happy with the quality of care

I was a patient here at Regency Heritage recently back in Sept 2015. I was very happy with the quality of care and rehab. The food was adequate.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Janette for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are proud to provide you with such a wonderful experience. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Regency Jewish Heritage

I was a patient at the Regency Heritage in Somerset, NJ back in October 2015. I was very pleased with the care and attention I received from all the nurses and therapists.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Patricia for your review. It is our pleasure to provide you with the care and attention you deserve here at Regency Heritage. We really appreciate your feedback.

Regency Jewish Heritage

I was recently a patient at Regency Heritage and couldn't be happier with the care. When I left, I receive a gift basket which is a nice touch.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Audre for your review. Here at Regency Heritage our patients are our family. We do our best to provide you with the care you deserve. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Regency Jewish Heritage

My mother is a resident at this facility. There is one nurse, Kate, who has been taking care of my mom for the last 10 years. This goes to show you that there is virtually no attrition rate at Regency and the caregivers have typically been there for a long time. This is a source of reassurance and comfort to my family, knowing she is in good hands.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Doris for your review. Here at Regency do our best to provide you and your loved ones with the care and attention you deserve. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Regency Jewish Heritage

I spent time in this subacute facility and have nothing but praise for them and their staff, especially their nurses, Sharon, Nelly, and Ernestine.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Peggy for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are blessed to have an exceptional team of caring and compassionate staff members. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Regency Jewish Heritage

We were very happy with the therapy program at Regency Heritage. The staff were cooperative and caring.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you John for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are blessed with a team of caring and compassionate staff members. Your feedback means a lot to us.

Regency Heritage Creates Miracles!

It is probably rare that a business receives compliments instead of complaints. But I feel compelled to comments regarding the excellent care provided to my Sister Phoebe, during her 12 week stay at Regency Heritage in Somerset, for rehabilitation.

My Sister suffered a stroke and was discharged from JFK Rehabilitation Center to Regency.

Prior to her care at Regency, we were concerned about her recovery prospects as a result of her high acuity (she was entirely paralyzed on her left side). We visited 9 local rehab facilities before choosing Regency Heritage in Somerset, mainly because of what appeared to be an excellent program and staff providing physical therapy. In addition, the place just felt right compared to the others.

When she was admitted, we were concerned she would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

However, Regency's physical therapist, Wayne Johnson, never gave up hope on her and worked day after day to help her and motivate her in her recovery.

My sister can be very stubborn and wasn't the easiest patient and was somewhat resistant in the beginning to participate in her therapy.

But Wayne turned her into a believer with his endless patience and dedication.

In the end, my sister was able to walk out of Regency (without a walker)!!

We are forever grateful to Regency Heritage and their staff for their miracle!!

Judah Gutwein

with all our heart we thank you!!!!

Regency Heritage

My stay at Regency after my double knee replacement surgery at JFK, was superb.

The warmth and caring of their staff and therapists during that difficult time will always be appreciated.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Sarah for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are blessed with a team of caring and compassionate staff members to accommodate you with your every need. We really appreciate your feedback.

Regency Jewish Heritage

As a retired social worker I can attest to the wonderful atmosphere that exists at Regency Heritage. From the moment we walked in, it was warm and cheery, just like home. The staff helped me with care and kindness. Being in the field for many years, I am attuned to the empathy and compassion of health care workers, and what I observed and personally experienced was above average to the nth degree.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Dorothy for your wonderful review. Here at Regency we are blessed to have such exceptionally caring staff members. We really appreciate your feedback.

Regency Heritage

From the beautiful facility and grounds, to the amazing staff and caregivers, putting my dad in Regency for his final days, was one of the best decisions we ever made when the staff learned of his passing, several people who had taken care of him were brought to tears, stating that although he had spent only a short time there, he made a lasting impression.

We will forever be grateful.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We are honored to be one of your best decisions here at Regency Heritage. Your feedback means a lot to us.

Regency Jewish Heritage

Mr. Bengio and the entire staff at Regency Heritage, deserve recognition for the care they provided during my mothers recent illness. The subacute wing on G1 was great and therapy was up to the task.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Dr. Michael Unger for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we are happy to provide you and your loved ones with the care you deserve. We appreciate your feedback.

Regency Jewish Heritage

I was transferred to Regency Heritage Nursing Center from the JFK Johnson Rehabilitation institute, after a double knee replacement.

From the very beginning, the caring staff made me feel welcome and special.

I must make special mention of Mrs. Diana Tally, my physical therapist, for her utmost devotion to me during this recovery process.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Sarah for your review. We are blessed to have a wonderful team of staff members here at Regency Heritage. We appreciate your feedback.

Regency Jewish Heritage

My mom was recently at Regency Heritage in Somerset for sub-acute rehabilitation. We could not have been happier with their expert care and compassion!

Mom has regained strength in her arms and legs and is now on the road to recovery thanks to Regency!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Regina for your review. It is our pleasure to assist your loved one in the full recovery she deserves. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage. Your feedback is appreciated.

Review of Regency Heritage

I was recently a patient at Regency Heritage for short term rehab and my experience was stellar. I'd like to specifically thank my nurse, Lisa, and their social worker Phylicia.

This outfit is a class act!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you John and Carol on your review on the care here at Regency Heritage. We appreciate your feedback.

Review of Regency Heritage

My dad was recently at Regency Heritage. The care he received was tremendous.

The aides were great and communication with the head nurse Grabrielle was fantastic as well.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Teresa for the review on the care your loved one received here at Regency Heritage. We appreciate your feedback.

Review of Regency Heritage

I would like this comment to be seen by Regency owner, David Gross. My mom was admitted last May to Regency Heritage under Medicaid. Then in January she inherited what we consider a large amount of money. All parties were notified and we made the transition to private pay very easily. What I really wanted to say to you was that the care is the same, and that is truly a compliment to you and your staff. To know that when my mom had no money her good care was the same as it is now. I do hope you get the jist of what I'm saying and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Ann for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we consider our patients and their loved ones family. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Review of Regency Heritage

I was recently a patient at Regency Heritage. I cannot thank the staff enough.

They were caring, helpful, and very responsive. I would like to single out 4 people in particular. They are: Kimberly, Jane, Ashley, and Angela. You were all great!

Judah Gutwein

thank you so much for your kind words for Regency Heritage postacute rehab center

Review of Regency Jewish Heritage

My mother, Josephine, was a resident at Regency on floor 2L. Several people went above and beyond to make her stay pleasant, including her daily aides, Rosa, Estrella, and Rita.

I can't thank these people enough.

James Chich

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you James for your review. We are blessed with an exceptional team of staff members here at Regency Heritage. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Review of the Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Everyone was very nice. If I ever need rehab, I would like to come here again.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you E. Rainey for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we do our best to provide you with a friendly and comfortable environment. Thank you for choosing Regency Heritage.

Review the Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

What can I say, my experience here was awesome! I don't know where I would be physically without the care that I received here. Rodjena and the PT staff were very inspirational in my road to recovery.

The nursing staff was on point, I never had to wait for anything.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Craig for your review. We do our best to provide you with the best possible care and service you deserve here at Regency Heritage. We really appreciate your feedback.

Review of the Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Everyone was very nice and cooperative. I found the rooms to be clean and well taken care of. Rehab was great. I had a wonderful experience.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Robert for your review. Here at Regency we are known for our comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Your feedback means a lot to us.

Review of Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Without the help of everyone at Regency, I wouldn't have been able to walk again. Because of them I can go home.

Thank you to nurse Sonal, aides Sylanta and Sali, physical therapists Vinia and Arthur and Angela from recreation.

Judah Gutwein

thank you so much for your kind words for Regency Heritage postacute rehabilitation center!

Review of Regency Heritage in Somerset

I was recently a patient at the Regency Rehabilitation Center. The following are my observations that may be of interest to you:

All of your staff were courteous and helpful. The physical therapy was outstanding. My therapist Daisy not only did her job, but did it with a sense of humor that made the hard part of therapy so much easier. I would have to thank the staff for the attention they paid to my needs.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Freda for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we do our best to provide you with the best possible experience. Your feedback is appreciated.

Review of Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

To the staff of Regency Heritage, thank you and bless you for being so nice. Thank you for the care and kindness you gave to my husband, Larry Hughes, when he was a patient at Regency Heritage. I also want to thank you for your kindness to me and my family.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Joan for your review. Here at Regency Heritage we consider our patients and their loved ones our family. We really appreciate your feedback.

Review of the Regency Jewish Heritage Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Somerset, NJ

I just want to thank you for all the help you gave to me during my stay at Regency. I also want to tell you that your rehab staff was extremely competent and caring when I came in. When I came in, I was close to a vegetative state. It took 3 people just to get me to stand, but with their help and professionalism, I was able to pick myself up and walk the halls with a walker. I have had rehab before, but never like what they gave me. On a scale of 1-10, I rate them a 10.

I would also thank the nursing staff, especially Latisa and Edward. Also, the aides were very helpful.

You can be assured that I will recommend Regency to anyone that needs a great facility!

Judah Gutwein

Thank you so much for your kind words for our care and for our facility!
Best Regards

My sister Judy and I wish to thank the staff at Regency Heritage for the service they provided to our Mother, Edith during her 15 year residency there. So many years, so many shifts, so many departments make it difficult to mention all of the individuals who were especially sensitive and helpful during this time and I don’t want to leave anyone out who should be mentioned. Days, evenings, nighttime, weekends, holidays, I have been to the home and found caring people there to help with that moment’s problem. Directors, assistant directors, supervisors, nurses, therapists, dieticians, aides; even doctors and rabbis, all know my name and who my Mother was and what her special issues were. I didn’t always think so in the heat of the moment, but now as I reflect back, it really has been a “home” for our Mother.

Joel,

Thank you so much for this beautiful review.

We miss Edith!

God bless you and best of luck in all that you do.

Judah

The most recent addition to the Regency family, Regency Heritage is centrally located in Somerset, New Jersey, on the beautiful 59-acre Oscar and Ella Wilf Campus for Senior Living. Regency Heritage is committed to bringing advanced levels of skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and quality of life to all those we serve, in an environment that embraces Jewish values and traditions.

A recent multi-million dollar renovation project has transformed Regency Heritage into one of the area’s most elegant and luxurious senior residences. A generous 265-bed capacity addresses both the community’s long- and short-term care needs. Spacious, elegantly appointed rooms, cheery public areas and gracious dining facilities help create an atmosphere of comfort, companionship and community.

Long-term residents benefit from the highest quality, round-the-clock nursing care as well as comprehensive clinical support and personal care services. They also enjoy sumptuous dining, with Glatt kosher menu choices prepared under the supervision of a certified nutritionist. There is also a robust program of recreational and social activities designed to complement a wide range of lifestyles, interests and preferences.

For patients and residents in need of rehabilitation and specialized services, our award-winning Regency Rehab ™ staff utilizes the latest therapies and treatment modalities. Together with our dedicated, state-of-the-art equipped facilities, they work to ensure optimum recovery and the return to the highest degree of independence and quality of life possible.

Regency Heritage is convenient to major highways and easily accessible by both private and public transportation. Five of New Jersey’s finest hospitals are also located right in our area: St. Peter’s Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Medical Center, Princeton Medical Center, Somerset Medical Center and JFK Hospital.

We are also extremely excited to introduce our new cutting edge technology in Healthcare which we will be rolling out in July 2016 at all Regency Nursing and Post-Acute Rehabilitation Centers!

Allow us to introduce MD Live Care! They are a physician based group that provide telemedicine during evening hours, weekends and holidays. They utilize cutting edge video communication technology and digital diagnostic equipment(s) which allows their physicians to interact, evaluate, diagnose and triage our patients at their bedside without leaving the facility.

They are a group of board certified physicians with 10+ years of experience in both hospital and Sub-Acute/Post-Acute care settings and are highly qualified to treat medically complex patients. MD Live Care's main goal is to help Regency Nursing and Post-Acute Rehabilitation Centers by treating our medically ill patients at their bedside. They will provide additional support and guidance to nurses as they care for our patients. They will work hand in hand with our primary care physicians and communicate with our patients and their family members to provide updates and follow-ups regarding care provided.

As an additional courtesy for our residents to enhance the quality of care, Regency will incur all service charges from MD Live Care, as they will not bill our patient's insurance. This initiative is yet another illustration of Regency's commitment to pushing the envelope in Healthcare technologies and advancements and to spare no expense in caring for our residents.

City Info

Somerset is a relatively quiet suburban community where seniors can enjoy nature at their doorstep while still being close to all the amenities and resources that they may need. The town is made up of quite a diverse population. Seniors enjoy calm suburban life, young professionals appreciate the short commute to New York City, and young families take advantage of the modest real estate market.

- Walkability Score: 23/100. Somerset is quite suburban with numerous residential pockets, making it necessary to have a car or another form of transportation to get around.

- Average age of residents in Somerset: 39.

- Number of Senior Housing Facilities in the area: 232

- Number of Veteran Facilities in the area: 0. However, there is one veteran advisor service facility only a 10-minute drive away, and there are three veteran medical facilities within 25-35 minutes of Somerset.

- Somerset, NJ is in a humid subtropical climate with summer temperatures ranging from 61 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit and winter temperatures ranging from 19 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit.

Transportation

Residents can easily get around town on the public buses, trains, taxis, or rideshares. Seniors may take advantage of discounted or even free rides on public transportation.

- Somerset offers three bus transportation programs: New Jersey Transit, Suburban Transit, and Somerset County Ridewise. These services are provided at a discount for senior passengers. In addition to the senior discount, the Somerset Division of Transportation provides ADA Complementary Paratransit service for eligible passengers.

- Taxi services include Somerset Taxi, Liberty Taxicab, Inc., Taurus Car Service, and All Brunswick Taxi.

- Uber and Lyft are widely available in Somerset. Seniors can easily find a ride by downloading either of these apps on their phones.

Health and Safety

With over a dozen hospitals within a 25-minute drive of Somerset, seniors and their families never have to worry about not having access to care.

- Hospitals: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center and has been ranked among the best hospitals in the United States. C entral Jersey Urgent Care provides care to patients with non-life-threatening emergencies seven days a week and is an excellent alternative to an ER visit, as lines are short and co-pays are low. Saint Peter's University Hospital has won multiple awards for its high level of quality care. In addition to the excellent local options, residents are a short drive from world-renowned hospitals in New York City.

- Somerset has a fairly average crime rate on par with the national average.

- The Township of Franklin, which includes Somerset, provides a handy Resource Directory for seniors so they have access to everything they need.

Sports and Leisure

There are many opportunities to be active and get involved through the Somerset and Franklin Township community programs. Seniors can enjoy a number of programs targeted to their demographic.

- There are numerous golf courses in and around Somerset. Tara Greens Golf Center is a family friendly course that offers great discounts every day. Somerset County Park Commission operates a number of courses throughout the county, one of which is Quail Brook. This location is often touted as one of the best public golf courses in Central Jersey for seniors, as it offers seniors a steep discount Monday through Thursday. The Park Commission also runs a Spooky Mini Golf Course if residents are in the mood for some haunted fun.

- While there are not any local professional sports teams, Somerset residents support New York teams. If people want to enjoy some live sports, NYC stadiums, fields, and rinks are about an hour drive by car or two hours by public transportation.

- Seniors can enjoy social time and engage in fun activities at the Franklin Township Senior Center. They can play a game of bingo, bridge, or mahjong, relax with some gentle yoga, or get the blood pumping with some Zumba! Nearby recreation centers also provide more activities for seniors. This includes the New Brunswick Recreation Center and the Sonny Werblin Recreation Center.

- There are many hiking and biking trails for residents that are especially beautiful in autumn as the leaves change.

Shopping and Entertainment

Although Somerset is a small suburban community, there are plenty of shopping and entertainment options available. Plus, with New York City just a short drive away, the choices are endless.

- Residents can easily find what they need at the local Stop & Shop, Kmart, or Easton Mall.

- Enjoy live music at Music in the Somerset Hills, a local organization whose mission is to offer high quality musical experiences to the community. They perform many different kinds of music, so there is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy. In addition to professional performances, Music in the Somerset Hills offers workshops and lessons for children and adults.

- There are five movie theaters in town, which offer senior discount days.

- The Somerset County Library and The Franklin Township Public Library offer many fun activities, such as book clubs, free computer classes, movie nights, board game socials, and even yoga classes!

- Residents can drive or take public transportation to nearby New York City to find countless options for visual arts, theater, opera, ballet, music, and food experiences.

Religious Facilities

Somerset and the Township of Franklin offer numerous places of worship for religious or spiritual practitioners. If residents cannot find an appropriate synagogue or other place of worship in the immediate locale, there are many more options in the surrounding towns.

- Synagogues in Somerset and the surrounding areas: Chabad of Greater Somerset County ; Poile Zedek Synagogue ; Temple Bnai Shalom ; and Temple Beth El of Somerset. There are many more options in nearby New York City.