Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center - Redmond, WA

Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center - Redmond, WA has yet not published prices.

Good Experience for mom

My mother needed to build strength after multiple falls and a hospital stay. We chose this place as it was close to family. They accepted her medicare/medicaid and treat her well. She's been there a few weeks. The social workers, nurses, and staff we've met with have been helpful and kind. We visit at least 4-5 days a week and every time there have been activities happening. We typically will wheel her around the facility and the only negative is that in the long term side of the facility there is the odor of urine in the hallway in the region of the laundry. Mom also has incontinent issues so that is not an unexpected odor to smell - unfortunate that its a concentrated odor in that hallway area. My mom is in her late 80's, she's difficult and does not mix well. She was a reluctant rehab patient but the nurses and physical therapists and assistants have been patient, kind, encouraging and are helping her transition to using a wheel chair for safety reasons. She often refuses to participate in activities but they come by her room and offer tea or a treat, puzzles, magazines, etc. She likes the food they serve her too. Recently she's even said it might be okay to live there.

great care and great staff

Redmond Care is awesome. The whole staff is great from therapies to nurses to upper management. They all smile at you when you walk in and walk down the halls. They are a true blessing. Everyone was willing to help anytime I went to the front desk or pushed my fathers call light. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to be treated like family and see your loved one feel loved.

Rude uncaring staff

This place is a disaster. No one communicates with each other and everyone is doing their own thing. The receptionist is rude and has a chip on her shoulder. The other staff runn around like chickens with their heads cut off and and never get anything done - The director of nursing does not seem to care about the residents and more about making an impression with her staff.
My mother will never come to this place again and I will make sure that her friends do no either.

Need more help

I would not recommend this place for your loved ones!
It's dirty and has very bad reputation everywhere you go. Mostly anyone had anything good to say about it. It's always dirty. They have really nice aids but poor things they are jammed packed with other task to do. Instead of just focusing on giving patient care.
If management would only get things straighter out. And worry more about actually giving good care to people.

David Welker

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience at Redmond Care. We strive to provide outstanding care and are always looking for ways to improve. As the administrator I have an open door policy for everyone; staff, resident or family member. Anyone can come into my office and discuss a problem concern or to just say hello.

We have an outstanding reputation in the community for quality care and cleanliness. I'm not sure where "everywhere you go" may be but in Redmond and the surrounding areas we have been given high marks. I would gladly show you reports from state agencies that have found our staffing levels to be above average, with quality control reports on the superior cleanliness of our building. I would love to sit down and discuss your particular issues with you rather then try to resolve them generically though an online site.

if you decide to come in and talk to me my door is always open.

Incompetent staff

My mother was referred there after her open heart surgery. (1) the place is a dump. They are supposedly undergoing renovations but in the 10 days that she was there I never saw any work being done. Her toilet that she shared with 4 other people was broken for two weeks and non one fixed it til I told them. (2) there is no security. I walked in at 9:30 at night . There were no staff on the floor at all. (3) no alarms on the glass sliding doors in the patients rooms. I found that my mothers was unlocked.(4) the nursing staff had some nice people, but the ones who were uncaring were very mean and unsympathetic. (5) the nursing staff kept with holding my mothers pain medication for unknown reasons. When I had the staff call the nursing director so that I could report to her about the medication she admitted she had no idea why they were withholding her pain medication!! In fact there were several things I brought up to the nursing director that she seemed to be unaware of.

Mechele Sarieddine

We have to agree that the building was needing changes made and those renovations are in full swing right now. New flooring, exterior and interior paint, furniture, flat screen TVs, wainscoting, new nursing and rehab equipment and more is being installed. We are dismayed to read that your thought pain medication was being witheld! Meidcations are dispensed per a doctor's instructions, not at will. It would be a violation of duty of care to purposely withold a pain med. If any of our staff were to be found doing so, they would no longer be on our staff! Our doors our locked at night; perhaps you came in when we were expecting an emergency vehicle or a family member had made prior arrangements to come in late. it may have appeared to you that there was no staff on the floor because they were actually in the patients rooms. We have never been cited for lack of staff, in fact, we've been commended for our staffing and care levels. 12 of our 50 rooms have sliding glass doors. the residents have control over locking or unlocking their door, so even if we lock them, it is possible that they will "crack" the door open if they prefer it. As far as our staff being uncaring and unsypathetic, when someone is in our care for rehab, our therapists know what someone needs to recover their mobility and freedom. It can seem like they are pushing a patient to work consistently toward that end at the time, when in fact we have a very high success rate in getting our patients back to their prior level of functioning (and sometimes even better). Most of our residents thank us when they can walk out the door after what may have seemed to be a debilitating accident/incident in just a few weeks. It is unfortunate that we were not given the opportunity to resolve any issues during your mother's stay instead of after the fact. Our Administrator and Director of Nursing Staff welcome the input from patients and families. Our doors are always open and we strive to resolve any concerns you have immediately. We strive to give great care to the best of our ability and it's something we work very hard at. We are keeping our promises to improve Redmond Care and Rehab Center in every way possible.Please come in and see the wonderful changes we've made.

We are near Overlake Hospital, Evergreen Healthcare and all major Seattle hospitals.
Our reputation as one of the counties leading skilled nursing facilities is sterling. Doctors and medical professionals in all fields know and respect the levels of care we provide.

If you're going to the hospital soon for any joint replacement surgery, cardiac care or other surgeries, be sure to come in for a tour before your surgery date. Let us show you around our building and explain what we can do for you that others may not be able to. Being informed about your post operative care will put your mind at ease; knowing what to expect is very reassuring and can be beneficial to your recovery! It's our pleasure to explain the admission process, show you our room accommodations and introduce you to our caring, friendly and well trained staff. If your visit to the hospital is an unexpected one, know that social workers helping you find skilled nursing care for your convalescence are very familiar with us. Be sure to ask about Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center!

We look forward to providing you with unprecedented care!