A Caring Choice A.F.H. - Kirkland, WA

Dad is settling in

My dad is here and it has been a positive experience dealing with A Caring Choice the professionalism was wonderful. It is very well run. My dad is being taken good care of and it shows. The staff are good with him and know how to deal with dad. This is a smaller community. He has 3 good meals a day. It seems to be clean. I would recommend this to families.

A Caring Choice Choice

My mother was at A Caring Choice for a couple of years and she couldn't have gotten better care anywhere else. [Removed] and her staff were always on top of any changes in my mom's health. They are very friendly and since the passing of my mother I miss visiting with them. The house is light and airy and laid out nicely with a deck for outdoor activities when the weather permits. [Removed] coordinates needs with visiting doctors and nurses, which takes a weight off the family's back. You just always know your loved one is going to get the best care. I have recommended [Removed] house to many people including my ex-wife; her mother is there now. If you go there and meet [Removed] and her staff you won' t look elsewhere.

Blessed beyone measure...

All you have to do is meet [Removed]...she is the key to this lovely home. We had a list of homes to visit the day we met her, and we cancelled them all. Our dad was blessed to be in an environment that was caring, clean and consistent. The Dr's and Hospice nurses associated with her home worked closely and diligently with our Dad to make him comfortable. We felt at home, welcomed and always happy our Dad was there every time we visited. My Dad's time there was short, but so very precious. [Removed] called him "My Peach" ... We don't have words to explain our gratefulness.

No better place to be...

If you are lucky enough to find a room available, look no further! That's what we did. Right from the moment I walked in to her warm, clean, comfortable and friendly household - I loved it. You just have to meet [Removed] to know how caring and genuine she is. She personally takes the time to get to know each house member as well as their families. Her radiant personality never fails. I could go on and on about how much we love this house and [Removed] who do much of the day to day caring.
When we moved Grandpa in over 1 1/2 ago - I didn't think he was going to make it another 1 month, let alone 1 and 1/2 years! His care and companionship has been top notch every single day. Grandpa passed away late in March, peacefully in cozy room, but was not alone, which I am so grateful for. I could tell you about the time last Easter, when we came to visit - and [Removed] came in our room bringing chocolate cake and plates for our whole family to enjoy! Or I could tell you the time, my husband popped in to visit during lunch, and [Removed] served him a cup of soup and tuna sandwich along with Grandpa! Or I could tell you about the time, the staff (to be un-named) let us sneak in our new puppy so that Grandpa could pat him on the head - which brightened his day. Or I could tell you about the time we enjoyed BBQ picnic on the porch during the summer (many of them) and [Removed] went to the trouble to clean off the table, chairs etc so we all could fit. I could tell you about how last Christmas, [Removed] went out and bought Grandpa a nice desk lamp just for him so he could work on his computer better. She would always whisper to me, "I love this Man" - and I know she meant it. He felt it. There are just too many things not to tell you about here.
Instead, I am going to tell you about the last days of his well lived life. The night we had to take him to the ER, we had an option to send him to the hospital overnight, or bring him back. He said to me, "I just want to go home" - which to him was back to [Removed]. It was 11:30pm, and I texted [Removed] to say we will be back soon. [Removed], having 3 boys of her own, had to sneak out of the house to not upset her youngest, who was sick, by the way! The ambulance dropped us off, wheeled him in - and there she was in his cozy room. She had warmed up his room, made a fresh bed, fluffed his pillow, and laid out his flannel jammies. While I was telling her all about his adventure at the hospital, she had dressed him, tucked him into his bed and gave him a big hug. As she gave him his oral medication, I saw him smile before he closed his eyes for the night. The look of relief on his face to be back home and comfortable, made me cry. The pressure of caring for an older loved one is difficult to manage, there are many emotions and struggles with care, medications, diet, etc. You should know that a burden will be lifted once you bring your loved one here. This is where I want to be when I get older. Hmmm, let's see [Removed] will be 90 years old by then - but probably still doing what she is doing with enthusiasm and grace. I'm forever grateful for everything this home has done for Grandpa and our family.
[Removed]

Before we even knew Raluca, she took the time to visit my dad two times in a rehab facility. We learned she fed him and shaved him during her visits. Who does that for someone they aren't even responsible for? We then met her and it was love at first sight. Her home is charming and clean. Her staff is welcoming and accommodating. Between Raluca and myself (mostly Raluca) busting hump on a holiday weekend to get all documents needed, bed delivered, and room ready for the morning of July 5th, my dad was able to move in that afternoon. Sadly, my dad passed away 2 weeks later. It's never easy to say goodbye to a loved one but it sure is comforting to know they are loved and cared for during their last days. Thank you again Raluca and staff for your outstanding service and compassion.

A Caring Choice Adult Family Home is truly a blessing!

I cannot thank Raluca and her staff enough for the wonderful care they provided for my Grandmother during the last few years of her life. When she moved in at 100 years of age, my Grandmother was very spirited and could be very demanding. Mike, Nelly and the rest of the staff were always so professional and worked hard to make sure she was as comfortable and happy as she could be. She recently peacefully passed away at almost 102 years old. Raluca's coordination with doctors, pharmacies and other care providers really made it easy on our family. What a blessing to have found A Caring Choice Adult Family Home!

A Caring Choice is the right choice for your loved one

My mother spent the last three years of her life at A Caring Choice and I cannot imagine any other place that would be more professional, skilled, warm and compassionate. Raluca runs it with competence, precision and love. She treats her residents as family and visiting mother over the years I always had a feeling that she was at home, rather than in an institution. No matter when I visited mother in her sunlit comfortable room she was always well groomed and peaceful. Despite being bedridden for almost 3 years, her skin was radiant and she never developed bed sores. The staff is experienced, energetic and loving.

I feel enormously grateful to Raluca, Mike, Nelly and others for all the hard work which they do day after day with such passion and dedication!

In the past, I considered a number of different options for mother's final years and I do feel that our family made the right choice--A Caring Choice!

I cannot say enough about how pleased I was with the kindness Raluca and her caregivers showed my mother during her stay at A Caring Choice. The home is neat, clean and in a quiet residential location that has great indoor and outdoor space for family and friends to visit. The staff genuinely seem to care about their residents offering a positive place for them to live. They were able to provide her great care from the time that she was still semi-ambulatory all the way until the time that she passed. I was extremely satisfied with how Raluca handled the last days of my mothers life. The skill, compassion and going the extra mile meant a lot to myself and the rest of her family and friends.

Review of A Caring Choice A.F.H. - Kirkland, WA

Raluca and her staff at A Caring Choice did excellent work with my father. He received quality care and genuine affection from everyone in the home. The facility is located in a residential Kirkland neighborhood and is attractive, well-appointed and comfortable. Individual rooms provide privacy and intimacy for visiting family and friends. There is a nice outside deck for sunny days. The staff was skilled and respectfully handled my father's deteriorating condition. This home provided what we sought most - a capable, caring environment that could handle a beloved family member with dignity, delicacy and grace. It felt like a true home away from home, and not a treatment facility. We are very appreciative of their fine job.

Top Marks for A Caring Choice A.F.H. - Kirkland, WA

A Caring Choice review

Mom was in hospice care, so it was good to know that she was in a home that cared. They know their stuff professionally and also very loving to the patient and family.

absolutely fantastic

Our experience with A Caring Choice A.F.H. was absolutely fantastic. We should have moved mom in there before we did. They took incredible care of her during her stay before she passed away. They way they handled her end of life situation was great. She couldn't have been cared for any better than she was. We would highly recommend A Caring Choice A.F.H. I can't say enough good things about them!