Ravenna Assisted Living - Albuquerque, NM

The staff was friendly. The Facility did not meet my mom needs. Very expensive base price, upcharge of everything. Have to call Uber to get to Dr appoitments. Just not what I am looking for.

Cozy and run by great owners!

My friend is here and he wasn’t happy at first but we put pictures up and that seemed to help. It wasn’t the cheapest place but it seemed to be reasonable. The staff is easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about the kind of care that he needs. The first week, he really liked the food but now he doesn’t really like not being able to have food that isn’t bland. There just doesn’t seem to be any taste to it. He seems moderately happy though. They’ve invited me twice to go do a few activities with them. They have a monthly calendar filled with things to do. Housekeeping is in his room every day vacuuming and making sure the toiletries are filled. They even do his laundry for him. The rest of the facility is kept pretty clean. I think [Removed] (the co-owners of the facility) were really the big reason for us choosing here. They’re friendly and they were more than happy to show me everything they had whenever we were doing the initial interview. I met [Removed] on the walkway while he was unloading his car and he was just a really friendly guy. I don’t care if the service is bad, I’m happy with [Removed] the most. [Removed] is fantastic and answers any questions that you might have and they send me fliers once a month to keep me up to date with everything. The thing that really brought me here was that it’s a smaller facility, only about 38 rooms, and they’ve got 16 staff members during the day and 12 during the night. It just feels cozier. Really, I don’t have a bad thing to say about them!

Much better now

Ravenna Assisted Living is a clean well-kept community. At the beginning, we were having issues with her medications not being administered properly and she had a brief stay at the hospital. She seems to be doing much better now. She seems to be improving and she is now able to use the wheelchair on her own. She has been participating in the activities they offer, she enjoys knitting and the painting classes. She really likes the meals that they provide. We do not live close by but the staff does their best in communicating with the family of what is going on with her care and how she is settling in. She recently was able to go outdoors and enjoy the scenery around the community.

Feels like Home

My aunt is diabetic and immobile. The Ravenna team is caring and kind. I like the fact that so many of the care givers have been there for years. They do not seem to have a lot of turnover. My aunt thinks the food is ok. The activities are fun and varied. She has made friends and feels like she's included in things. She is social and enjoys meeting people, which has helped during this transition. Overall, Ravenna is a good, clean safe place for my aunt. Thank you

The Call Button Is An Issue

My mom is ok and she just started Physical Therapy. I like the activities. The only problem we have is when she presses the call button and no one shows up. I had to call the community and tell them they are not answering her pager. There are many times they haven't got her for dinner even after pressing the call button to get help to the dining room. The director know this issue and we are waiting for improvements. However it is clean and she is getting the care.

Ravenna is a clean, and bright facility. My grandma really enjoys the outdoor courtyard, where she likes to spend quite a bit of time. The caregivers are patient and truly care about their residents. The owners have made the transition to put her in a facility as smooth and seamless as possible.

I would recommend this community.

Mom had a short respite stay at Ravenna. She really liked the people and even got attached to some of the caregivers. I liked the owners. I appreciated the communication I had with the community. They have a lot of nice activities. This community is a modern clean community where I would want her to be.

A Vist To The Community

They had a smell that I did not like. It seemed like a hospital. It seems there were a lot of residents in bed. The location of the community was not close to us.

I would recommend Ravenna Assisted Living!!

The staff are kind, attentive and everyone knows her name. They also get to know the family by name. The food is hit or miss. They had daily activities, however they recently lost their activities director so the activities have decreased. The community is clean and well maintained.

A Nice Tour!!

The Ravenna Assisted Living was a nice community. I would recommend this for a resident that is more dependent. The tour guide made sure i received all the necessary info for the community. The staff that i met during the tour was very nice.

Very Nice Place

My father time at Ravenna was a nice one we had a good experience there. They were really nice and helpful with all my father needs and really helped him adjust to the community. The only problem we had was the food it could be better it wasn't very good. Overall the owners were really kind to us and very helpful with everything. We were help with my father time there at the moment he needed more care then they were able to provide but it was a nice place.

Positive Experience

I thought that overall, the experience has been very positive. They had a little trouble with getting on track with all of her medications and daily activities, but I think very highly of the owners and feel they are problem solving all the time and attempting to set up systems to keep everything running smoothly.

Average

I really like the owner there. We have had a mixed experience.

We had toured this facility a few years ago when my sister broke her leg. At that time, they were not able to provide the level of care she needed. It is very different now! The facility is clean and friendly. We did not like the size of the rooms...they were VERY small. Also, they were not willing to take our little kitty. Some of the ones we have looked at are pet friendly.

Ravenna feels like the closet thing to being at home.

We found Ravenna to be very friendly, clean and just the right size of assisted living facility. They made the whole family feel welcomed, not just my mother. On move in day they made my mother feel right at home, took extra care to make sure she was comfortable and encouraged us to call and see how she was doing in the following days. Everyone made us feel so comfortable about leaving my mother in their care that I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Our building was purpose-built in 2008. It is a single-story, mediterranean style assisted living with high ceilings and windows that allow plenty of sunshine.Ravenna is locally owned and operated by healthcare professionals and an experienced team.