staff are helpful and friendly food is o.k. residents are friendly for the most part

Great place to live

I like living here. The staff is wonderful.
Couldn't ask for anyone better. They are all great
The price is a little high, I hope I can afford to stay here because we do like it here a lot.
The food is good. I feel safe here..

Lovely property and nice grounds. No stovetop in kitchenette but studio and 1 room apartments were very nice and had an outdoor porch space. Second/Third floor apartments are most reasonable in cost. Seemed to have a nice balance of activities planned. Dining room was pleasant. Hair salon on site. [Name removed] was very helpful during our tour.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for visiting us at Quail Run Estates. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our community. You are correct, our apartments have kitchenettes with no stove tops but dining services offer 3 meals a day to residents. If you have any further questions, please let us know. We are always happy to assist!

very outdated for the price. cottage in the back not on the street. cottage full kitchen apartment small small refrig, laundry shared. Apartments with carport $40 month. 1-3 meals

Holiday Marketing

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on Quail Run Estates. We are sorry to see the 1 star review but appreciate all feedback we receive. Thanks again!

I want to move here when I retire!

My father loves it here so far! They offer many activities and he is slowly getting involved. He likes the food but they push [Removed] often, which he cannot have. The housekeeping comes in once week and does a good job. We chose this community because it's close to home. They were the first one to reach out to us and they had really good reviews online!

mother in law newly residing at Quail Run

The staff and residents at Quail Run are so pleasant and accommodating my mother in law feels very welcomed in her new home. There is a nice sense of community here.
The residents are extremely friendly and genuinely happy. The only issue my mother in law has expressed is that she feels the food is good, but not amazing/not restaurant quality. Over all this is a wonderful place for my mother in law to live and we are very pleased with our decision to move her to Quail Run! We are very grateful for the assistance provided to my husband and I during this process from "A Place For Mom".

Good Community, But Wasn't the One For Us

This is a nice place, but unfortunately my mother needed more care than they were to provide. It just wasn't a good fit for her and her needs. I wish it did work out, because I really liked this community. The staff was caring and kind. They tired their best to care for her. The community looks nice and very well maintained. Even though it didn't work out for us, I would recommend this community.

Staff is really supported for residents

One of the best in the area, caring staff, ADore is a loving care staff member, Adore took care of us with kid gloves , she is fairly new member of staff but it shows she is a leader and motivates her staff and made sure my mom and her apt was premium condition !!! You have change my moms face from a frown to excited to be there !!! There is a lot to say about your happy healthy facility !!! Keep up your good works with residents and staff , my family is proud to be part of a great business and a great new home !!!! Your dining is an great experience and food is great!!! Your staff in the dining room are great !!! And caring solutions is an excellent caring staff !!! Wow very impressed !!!

IT's Been Great

My dad is living here at this community and from what I see, it is always clean and the landscape is immaculate!
The staff are attentive and nice but I do wish someone could provide a little more social interactions. The have some activities like solo painting. For the most part the food is good but needs to prepared more conveniently. The experience all together has been great, easy, straight forward and I love there was no medical discrimination.

Nice place

Overall I'm very pleased with how things have turned out at Qual Run Estates, it is a very nice place! The facility is clean and well kept, and everyone seems very friendly. I would recommend them!

Review of Quail Run Estates - Agawam, MA

staff informative beautiful accommodations nice layout and explanations on finances etc. was helpful. caring considerate staff

Excellent choice.

Facility is clean, staff very considerate and helpful, location excellent.

Food is out of this world

First off, the common areas are spotless. The dining room is spotless. My Mother-In-Law thinks the food is out of this world. She has a hard time believing food is all inclusive. She has a patio apartment that looks out on the very well kept grounds. This place is a great value.

My mother has been at Quail Run Estates for 5 years. She has been in a few different apartments including the cottage and 2 bedroom unit until her sister passed away. Currently the staff is great! It can vary from time to time as managers or chefs move. There is plenty of entertainment from the community. The building is maintained pretty well and any conditions are fixed in appropriate time. There is Caring Solutions that provide a la carte services with certified nurse assistants. They have an office on site so that many residents can receive services. Since that office was set up, those services improved tremendously. The apartments are generally larger in Quail Run than in assisted living places.
My mother has severe dementia and requires about half of the timed services that an assisted facility includes. So I am still realizing a savings.
Things to consider between independent and assisted living.
The State of Massachusetts licensure does not include visiting RNs in independent or assisted. It is a state issue and not related to the facility. The issue is with injectable medications that a CRN is not allowed do. They can only supervise medications and the resident must complete the injection.
Costs may seem expensive but when the alternative is assisted living starting at $3200 per month for a very tiny room with no extra space for a second person to live in that room, there is much more value here.
I read some comments about Norovirus at other facilities. It should not reflect upon the building or the staff. That stuff begins with a sick resident who rapidly spreads it through the building since the resident may not "feel" that their illness is contageous. Yes it has happened before and the staff takes the recommended precautions and cleaning when it occurs.

expensive, but

Very expensive, no real choice for level of care as monthly price is all inclusive. Would prefer a pay plan that allowed inclusion or exclusion of services, such as meal plans, housekeeping, transportation, etc.

Staff is friendly, engaging, efficient. Facility is well maintained, clean and pleasant.

A beautiful community. I believe my mother will be quite pleased.

Clean; good food; friendly staff; could do more activities for blind residents

My brother and I moved my 95 yr. old diabetic and legally blind mom into Quail Run about a month or so ago. So far, it's been great. The food is delicious and has lots of sugar-free entrees. The staff are very friendly. Mom's yet to tap into the activities, but her blindness is a big challenge for doing so (that's why I rated activities as fair.

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job so far at Quail Run Estates! The meals are exceptional, the staff have all been very friendly and accommodating, and they take take great care of the people who live here! The facility itself is very nice as well, the rooms are always well kept and clean!

Was interested in a studio apartment. The smallest studio seemed too small and recently had a big price increase, $1649 to $2049. There was a larger studio, $2149, but did not see. One bedroom was a comfortable size, but was significantly more, $2549. Outside of the dining room, there were few common areas, for folks to gather. Seems lacking in this regard. Caring Solutions was spot on and was an impressive addition.
Independent living for studio and 1 bedroom were at @2550 & $2750. The studio pricing seemed quite steep as compared to the 1 bedroom considering the difference in square footage. Seems this done to force the 1 bedroom choice.

Promised more than they could provide

This is a nice enough place, and may be appropriate for those with fewer care needs, but they are not able to provide adequately for my loved one despite telling us otherwise. l was lead to believe that there is more help here than there actually is. I really get the feeling they just had a room they wanted to fill and they said what they needed to to fill it.
They also have a few other issues that I've noticed. The washers and dryers are not available to residents for most of the day, from 8-4:30, as the staff are using them then. I've also noticed a few general cleanliness issues, carpets being dirty, crumbs on the couches, etc.
Be extra sure that the level of care they provide is appropriate for your loved one before you move anyone in.

Very pleasant surrounds, intentions are good, follow-through not so good

Took my 92 year old dad to Quail Run Estates (QRE)senior living apartments and Don H showed him 5 different apartments that were about to be available. My dad chose a very nice studio with a deck on three sides, lots of light. We heard that keeping the Verizon land line phone was one way to have a lifeline device as it was programmable so that the managers (24x7) at QRE would be called first and could establish if there was need for emergency services. Don mentioned new drapes and blinds for room darkening and a grab bar near the shower. Dad moved in 18 May. Drapes were up, no blinds. Grab bar near shower was not up. The phone was there and we chose to continue it, but as we read in the phone manual there was meant to be a pendant for my father to wear. This was not there and so we made a list of the missing items and brought to management office.
Three weeks later, my father fell somehow and was found by the cleaning lady on the bathroom floor after lunch. He was unconscious, so the EMTs were called and brought him to ER. A week in hospital with no broken bones, 6 weeks in rehab and he's back to QRE. They did expedite the lifeline pendant. They did put in half of the blinds. They did put in the grab bar. The remainder of the blinds remain undone. He now has home health aides doing a wonderful job, but he is less capable than he was when he entered QRE
I see that QRE has been making an effort to engage my Dad, to provide more activities and are planning to reconfigure one room with another large screen TV where they can have more action films (in particular to try to entice the men). Don made an effort to put my father and another tenant together to play cards. I think everyone means well, and if performance were up to the promises, I would rate this top notch. It may be that a single person who is barely making it on his own and is not an outgoing person has more difficulty in a setting such as this.
We know this is not a clinical situation, but QRE knows that there are borderline people and I feel they need to have a way to check in, especially on such people living alone.

A really interesting tour. I think [s...

A really interesting tour. I think [staff representative] gave us a good feeling about Quail Run and it is definitely on my list

The place was beautiful and she liked...

The place was beautiful and she liked it.

Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds on the outskirts of Springfield, you’ll love the comfortable facilities, our friendly staff and the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind