Providence Rest - Bronx, NY has yet not published prices.

Not pleased

I thought Providence Rest was very clean. They are very understaffed. There were only a handful of CNAs who were pleasant and very helpful. The rest scattered if I asked for help and most of them wouldn't even make eye contact with me. The physical therapists and occupational therapists were all wonderful, helpful, cheerful, encouraging and very nice. The food is horrible. Most patients sit in the "doom and gloom" dining room all day staring out to space. Very depressing and sad. Most of the nurses were helpful and kind. I found my Mom incoherent one day and I asked a nurse what was wrong with her. She rolled her eyes and said my Mom was lazy and wanted to lie in bed all day. Turns out, after another nurse took her blood pressure, my Mom had very, very low blood pressure and she put my Mom in bed in a decline position. I found my Mom dehydrated for the majority of her stay there. The doctor, [Name removed], never spoke to me about my Mom's health condition. I was at the nurses' station several times questioning my Mom's condition. She heard me and never bothered to turn around to discuss anything. She had a very poor bedside manner and every patient concurred with me about it. My Mom collapsed in the toilet a few times and the nurse who was called each time never wanted to call an ambulance for her. Finally, the social service worker who I dealt with, I believe she was the supervisor of the social service department, was a very cold, disinterested woman. Not helpful to me at all. She seemed annoyed when I dealt with her. My Mom was there twice so far and I hope to God that I never have to put her there again.

Got Rehab Here

Mom needed rehab and someone had advised we check out this place and I'm glad we did. Mom got exactly the sort of care she was in need of and due to them, she is a new person. The staff was wonderful very nice and kind and attentive. Mom said she had a great time there especially visiting and talking to the nuns there mom is very religious and that was a big thing for her to have nuns around to talk too.