Primrose Chateau - Saskatoon, SK

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Primrose Chateau Saskatoon Sk

Management and staff is all 1st class.
Meals are all 1st class, you cannot please everyone excellent cooks. Thank you.
My room is very clean and have no complaints very nice.
This is a very well-run retirement home.
I am very lucky to be here, Thank you.

Perfect Place

Mom is doing very well here. She was able to take her dog which was a good thing. Her back door opens to the parking lot so he is able to go outside and play ball and take him for walks. She is meeting new people and making friends. She enjoys the activities they offer. She likes the food. The location is great for the family because it is close to my work and home.

Review of Primrose Chateau

Primrose is a very nice community. The staff is caring and accommodating and things are going pretty well.

Almost moved in!

Primrose Chateau was a beautiful and clean community that we were going to move my mom into but she tripped and fell so we had to move her to an assisted living community. The staff was very friendly and caring. They answered all of our questions and let us know about all of the activities that she could participate in. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. We really intended for her to move in here.

Mom Still Adjusting, But Overall A Nice Community

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However I'am comfortable with her move here. It is a good community, and she is in good hands. They have good, kind staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. They have nice activities available for the residents, and provide good meals. I would move to this community myself, it is a really nice community.

Great Quality Care!

My Mom is settling in quite well. She is enjoying the nice and clean community. They are taking very good care of her. The staff is a very nice and positive group. They keep us informed on my mom's well-being. They provide activities which she enjoys participating in. I've dined with her a couple of times, they offer well-balanced meals and a lot of great choices. Mom likes the 24-hour coffee bar, there she can also pick up an orange for a snack for later. Mom is pleased with her room it is a nice and comfortable fit. There is a 1/4 mile sidewalk around the perimeter where she enjoys walking around it twice a day for her exercise. There is a pharmacy and a bank close by that she visits on her own. There is also a community bus that takes them to go shopping. I would definitely recommend this place to others. When her sister and her husband came to visit he said, "When can I move in?"

Naturally it took a bit of time to adjust to the routine here but feeling quite comfortable now. Found the staff very helpful and pleasant. The meals here are very good with a good variety. I believe we are getting good value for our money.

Wonderful place with very kind staff

Above and beyond!

The Primrose Chateau has been a good fit for my loved one. The place is very clean and all of the staff are over the top. They really go the extra mile to make their residents as comfortable as possible. They provide good meals there and my loved one is happy.

Home

Very friendly. Management and staff are sensitive to individual need and go above and below to meet the needs. Excellent!!

Home

Very friendly. Management and staff are sensitive to individual need and go above and beyond to meet those needs. Excellent!

A new home

Wonderfu amazing staff!!! A place to call home and where staff go above and beyond!!

A Nice Community With Friendly People

My of tour of this community was a good one. The community looks nice, everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was friendly and nice. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a nice tour, this is a good community. Everyone was courteous.

Great Community

It's been 20 days since I moved into Primrose Chateau. It took my daughter and I 3 months to finally make a decision. This was the only retirement home that didn't pressure us to do anything right away. The management also worked with our budget to come up with the best option for me.

Staffs are friendly, food is great, and I already made new friends.

Primrose Chateau has seen management and catering turnover particularly since the purchase by Atria in 2014. The comments in this review reflect operations predominantly under their ownership in 2014 and onward.

This is not value for money. Poor food quality and lacklustre maintenance undermine what could be a much better product warranting its premium price.

The Negatives
- Despite having reasonable food initially, the quality slipped considerably after the Atria takeover along with ongoing turnover in kitchen staff. These meals are prepared by cooks not Chefs as they claim. Examples include a piece of ham on dry bread being called a sandwich and pea soup being served which was frozen in the centre (not long enough in the microwave). It is with some suspicion we noted the change in policy wherein staff and management ceased eating meals from the kitchen.
- long delays in replacing broken washing machines and attending to maintenance items
- Requirement that doctor appointments be booked in mornings if wishing to use supplied transportation (how often do specialists give an option for times?)

The Positives
- The staff at the time were on top of medical items and kept an eye out for the residents. This will vary depending on the people employed. It gave very good piece of mind.
- The place is clean and nicely appointed.

Kate Vance

Your feedback is so very valuable. I appreciate you taking the time to bring your observations to my attention. We strive to create a quality senior living experience for all of our residents and I’m sorry we’ve let you down in terms of food quality. I am happy to hear that you feel the staff is on top of care services and you find the community clean and nicely appointed. I welcome you to keep communication open with me by directly reaching me at [removed].

Excellent place to live

They were very helpful from the very beginning of my visit. I would recommend this home to everyone.

Very nice place

My experience with Primrose Chateau has been a very good one. The people here are very friendly, the place is nice and clean, and they've got all sorts of entertainment and activities to keep everyone busy. It's a very nice place!

Since 1995, Primrose Chateau has provided Saskatoon-area seniors with a simplified lifestyle of convenience, comfort and choice. Located in a residential district of Saskatchewan, our community is nothing short of charming. Every day offers engaging activities and events designed to make your time here as fulfilling as possible. If you’re in the mood to explore, visit Wanuskewin Heritage Park, stroll around the beautiful university or pay a visit to Berry Barn and enjoy a slice of homemade Saskatoon berry pie while overlooking the river. Here, every day is yours to spend as you please.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.