Prairie Meadows Alzheimer's Special Care - Omaha, NE - Omaha, NE

Prairie Meadows Alzheimer's Special Care - Omaha, NE - Omaha, NE has yet not published prices.

Based only on a tour, I was impressed by Prairie Meadows due to its focus entirely on Alzheimers. Where many other facilities have assisted living with a memory care wing, Prairie Meadows is all designated to Alzheimers with facilities dedicated to different levels in the progression of the disease. They also seemed very warm and caring.

Not very impressed

I had recently taken a tour of this community with for my mother and I was not impressed with the experience we had. The fire alarm had went off while we where there and all of the residents where freaked out and where frightened. The staff just stood there and did nothing to comfort them or explain what was going on. I did not like that at all and would not want my mother at this place.

A nice community for memory care

Dad is doing ok at this community. The staff are nice and they interact with him. He is not impressed with the food. The community is neat and tidy and the grounds are well taken care of. This community's memory care only so the activities are geared towards residents with Alzheimer's. I would recommend this community for someone that has memory issues.

Responsible Staff Providing Good Care

I am pleased with the community providing what is needed for my loved one. He is taken good care of by very good staff. I notice that it is pretty clean and from what I see they do activities all the time. The meals are fine and good enough o eat.

Prairie Meadows [Removed] my Mother

To any one considering Prairie Meadows for Alzheimers Care I urge you to reconsider. This facility does not provide levels of care as promised. My Mother was admitted to Prairie Meadows and within 3 weeks was admitted to Methodist Hospital emergency room with pneumonia and a urinary tract infection. Proper care was never given at this facility. Within 3 months my Mother was dead. These so callled experts in demential care [Removed]

A clean nice community.

The staff at this community were really nice and helpful. The food was pretty good and the community was clean. They do not accept medicaid so this community would not work for us.

Good Care

This is a lovely community. My client is doing well here at this community. They are caring for him and his needs very well. I love how attentive they are. They are always going to extra step to help. He is safe and being cared for well.

Experience with Prairie Meadows

The front-page carefiving staff is awesome. Very caring, and they get to know the residents. It's a different environment... Lots of residents and staff in one place, so a long walk for them from one place to the next. The residents doors are all locked, with the staff having the only keys, so if you go with your loved one back to their room, you then need to look for someone to let you in. My mom was not there long, but the front-page staff were truly sad to see her go. It's nice that everything is furnished. She had a private room, but had to share a bathroom with her neighbor. Considering she was removed from her prior placement for hitting, I'm not sure how this would have gone in the long term. Management staff seem very disorganized and not as caring.

A+ Facility with Fabulous Director and Staff

Our mother was physically strong, however challenged with expressive aphasia, hearing loss, and dementia. We moved her from a regular long-term care facility to a memory care facility ~ Prairie Meadows was the perfect place for her! The facility is well laid out, beautifully appointed and very clean. The Business Director and his entire staff were phenomenal in their care and passion for helping residents THRIVE in the environment. Mom was busy attending activities ALL day long and when she first arrived didn't want to eat... the cook spent personalized time finding things she would eat to get her comfortable and within a week she was eating well and taking her medications. They also took residents on field trips!

As family members, we learned a great deal from the compassionate staff on how we could best support our mom. We stepped into her environment vs. forcing her to live in ours. Refreshing! We felt like our mom was family to them as well.

The company's mission, a JEA Senior Living property, was developed based on his own experience with a mother suffering from cognitive challenges and seeing needs unmet. Our Mom has had a higher quality of life having lived at Prairie Meadows in Omaha. Kudos to the Founder and Omaha staff!

Beautiful Community !!

I am very pleased with my tour of this community, the property is absolutely beautiful and is very well maintained. The staff was welcoming and answered any questions my loved one and I had about there facility. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into assisted living for there loved one.

What I experienced when I visited!!!

I did not like the part about the residents doors being locked and needing a key to get in from the outside. My friend needed more care than the community was able to provide. He was only there for a short respite care. The staff were nice. It is a beautiful newer community. He liked the food.

Off to a good start!

What impressed me most was the great communication between the employees. All seemed to be clued in to my wife's needs at the outset. There is obviously a learning curve to care for my wife but things seem to be settling well in place.

The food is tasty and menus varied. The facility itself is very nice and well maintained. I am extremely pleased with my wife's room. The activities director sets a positive upbeat tone for the many activities that are presented.

Lastly the general manager seems very much in touch with his residents and employees. It truly feels like a big family!

Great Care

I am very happy for this community for the excellent care with a excellent staff that are always willing to help out. The food is good and a nice variety to choose from. Alot of great activities are offered to help keep active. A clean and beautiful community for family to enjoy with there loved onces. highly recommended for wonderful care.

Outstanding Care

This is a excellent community with outstanding care to everyone. My mom is very happy here, especially with the staff, who have gone above and beyond to help her get settled, feel welcome and ensure she is comfortable. Everyone on the staff I've met has been very helpful and friendly. They offer alot of great activities to participate in. Meals are good and they have willingly made accommodations to meet her preferences. I highly recommend this facility for everyone in need of care.

Why didn't someone tell me about this place sooner?

This is the third Memory Care facility my father has been at within Omaha. What first drew me to Prairie Meadows was the name; Alzheimer's Special Care. My father was unhappy at each of the other two facilities he was at and spent a lot of time alone in his room; exactly what you DON'T want an Alzheimer's patient to be doing! The other facilities meant well but weren't equipped to handle my dad like Prairie Meadows. They keep him occupied (within reason), and have adjusted his medication appropriately. As such, it's now pleasant to visit him! I don't foresee us leaving any time soon! His being at Prairie Meadows has brought peace of mind for our entire family.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Prairie Meadows. We know that selecting appropriate care for a loved one with Alzheimer's can be a daunting task. We are pleased to know that our engaging environment and commitment to personalized care has made a difference for your dad's quality of life and your peace of mind.

Not happy with Prairie Meadows

Not happy with PM. They were unable to handle my husband even though they evaluated him before accepting him. They were informed of his behaviors yet accepted him. They then sent him, UNATTENDED to the local hospital emergency room.

Lorene Bower

We regret to read the concerns cited in this review. We are committed to meeting the changing needs of residents living with dementia, however, there are times when a higher level of care is needed. We would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and learn more about your experience. Please contact Prairie Meadows to speak with the Administrator or to request contact information for the Regional Director.

Not for my husband

Our experience at Prairie Meadows was OK at best. I chose it over another because it is advertised as memory care. After being evaluated we we assured that they would be able to "handle" my husband. Shortly after he moved in I had surgery requiring in patient rehab. My husband acted out and they sent him, unattended!!!! to the emergency room. Obviously they were not equipped to meet his needs. The activities were unorganized. The meals were awful with no choice. Not until we have moved him to another place did we realize just how much better it could be. Sooooo. Newer isn't always better.

Lorene Bower

We regret to read the concerns cited in this review. The ever-changing needs of people living dementia occasionally will require a higher level of care. We know that can be hard on both residents and families and would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and learn more about your experience. Please contact Prairie Meadows to speak with the Administrator or to request contact information for the Regional Director.

Very happy with Prairie Meadows.

We are very happy with Prairie Meadows. My Mother is doing really well there and adjusting. The administrator there is so helpful and answered all of our questions, and made the whole process seamless. He and the nurse came out to assess my Mother first before her moving there. They were very thorough and professional. The place doesn't seem institutional at all. They offer a lot of activities, that's one of the best things for her, she's more social now. The food is really good, she eats well.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to offer a home-like environment to our residents and we are thrilled to know that your mom's transition has been handled both professionally and seamlessly. We hope your mom will continue to enjoy the benefits of increased socialization in our caring environment.