Edgewood Vista Omaha - Omaha, NE

they are very engaged here

Every time I drop of my mother at Edgewood Vista Omaha it’s always good. It’s a very small place with I think maybe 11-12 residents and guests at any time. They’re definitely overwhelmed and not not paying attention over there which makes it better. They provide activities almost every day and they hand out calendar schedules to let you know what’s happening. Today they have exercise video, hydration daily chronical, bowling, Christmas sing along, let’s reminisce, and game of choice. They do a little in the morning, a little more in the afternoon, and I think the last activity ends around 6:30pm because some of them like to go to bed early. They had a professional singer last time I went to pick up my mother. They are definitely more engaged here which I like compared to another facility that I went and toured.

Didn't get a good feeling

My husband and I toured this facility when looking for a place for my mother-in-law and something I didn’t like was that they don’t even have showers in the room. We didn’t get a good feeling right from when we walked in. We had limited interaction with the staff and they really seemed understaffed. Everything looked like it was just in one major open room. I don’t know if they do mainly memory care, because I could understand that if that was all they provided. We talked to some of the people there and they seemed pretty content. When we were there, it didn’t seem like they had a good staff to patient ratio, but that was just my opinion.

Smells bad & needs a lot of updating. Cross this one off list

room to improve

This is a small facility (ideal for ALZ patients, in my opinion) and definitely has a home-like atmosphere. The staff prepares the meals for the residents and the rooms are pretty big. As for the drawbacks, I don't see many activities going on other than painting and puzzles. In their defense, it's hard when the residents are in varied stages of the disease. I think there are better options in Omaha.

Mom

We brought my mom to Edgewood about 3 months ago. They couldn't have made it any easier getting mom settled and welcoming for our whole family. My mom never responded to people like she did the caregivers at Edgewood. They are truly angels for the residents and the families. They bent over backwards to get my mom to eat. If she didn't like what was on the menu, they would make her something else that sounded good to her! You truly have to be a special person to work with memory care and everyone of them are wonderful! When it came to the last days for my mom, they were there for her and all of us every step. I can't say enough about how caring they are there. Thank you for your wonderful support and care!

Not Enough Words To Express My Gratitude

The compassion that Edgewood shows for their residents is above and beyond the call of duty! They make them feel so comfortable. They take away the stigma of a nursing home. My wife, who was deathly afraid of ever going to a nursing home, felt comfortable and at east at Edgewood. There are not enough words to express my gratitude! If they ever need a reference, I would be happy to tell anyone what a wonderful place it is.

A Wonderful Experience!

With the negative connotations of nursing homes, I was so delighted with the experience that my mother and my family had at Edgewood. From the cleanliness, the quality of the food to the nice rooms. However, most importantly, their sincere desire to make my Mother as comfortable as possible. Thank you Edgewood!

Job Wonderfully Done!

We could not have been happier with Edgewood Vista Omaha. We are so thankful that someone suggested the facility for the care of my mother-in-law. Sadly, she passed away. However, while she was at Edgewood, she was looked after with such love and care. Thank you Edgewood for making Rose's final days as good as they could have been.

Review of Edgewood Vista Omaha Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Omaha, NE

A lovely facility with nice, large private rooms, inviting living area, an active game of Bingo going on while I was there visiting after lunch. Onsite director and RN were both impressive (both Cheryl's) outside fenced courtyard in nice neighborhood off Pacific Street. Not far from brothers work. Onsite food prep at night. No pets except for visiting. 8 ladies there now. 2 openings. Nice sunroom for visiting. They also do short term and day care if room is available.

This did not work for us.

This did not work for us. They are considered memory care, but I am not sure how much that covers. They gave medication that I didn't approve of, or give permission for. They just weren't able to handle my loved one. It's clean and they do fine with most of the residents.

I visited my mom practically every da...

I visited my mom practically every day for the eight months of her living at Edgewood Vista. Each visit, I listened and I observed...because this was mom's new home. First-hand, I watched the staff treat their residents with love and with dignity. They were compassionate and passionate. The staff always offered a warm welcome to visiting family and friends. They knew the names of everyone who walked through their front door. They not only opened their door to us, they opened their hearts as well. We laughed together. We cried together. We celebrated together.

Because of Edgewood's love, they became family not only to our mom, but to us as well.

Mom has since past, but the friendships we have with the staff, the residents and their families live on.

Thank you Edgewood. We thank God for your service, your calling, your gift.

I'm pretty satisfied with it.

They are very clean, and the staff is friendly. They do some crafts, and some entertainment comes in. The food looks pretty good. I'm pretty satisfied with it. It was all on one floor, and we really liked that it was less confusing for our loved one.

Palace of Mind

My dad and I knew after a tour and visit with the facility manager that this was the right place for Mom. After 7 weeks in a nursing home for rehabilitation due to a serious illness, we needed to find a place that would provide memory care for her in a homelike setting. We were able to get Mom a private room that we could decorate with items from home. With only 12 rooms, this environment was much quieter with a lot less commotion than the nursing home. The staff is very conscientious about taking care of the residents while providing a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere. Mom is adjusting to this new placement more readily. Although she would rather be at home, we realize that she needs to be cared for by people who understand Alzheimer's patients, and the people at Edgewood Vista do that. We know she is safe and among new friends, which gives our family peace of mind.

Edgewood Vista Facility and Staff Report

My mother-in-law became a resident of Edgewood Vista on September 7, 2013. She was transferred from an out-of-state assistant living facility. In our search for the relocation process, we researched, visited, and observed many options before placing Amy in Edgewood Vista. This has been an outstanding and pleasing decision for us based on the facility, the staff, and serving the needs of our loved one. Our family struggled for several months in order to find at fit for Amy and our thorough research has provided countless rewards and blessings for our family. Amy seems to be thriving as a result of the great care the staff provides. I urge everyone that may be in need for a caring place for a family loved one, to definitely visit Edgewood Vista. The staff just seems to have a great way with residents along with outstanding family communications skills.

Good Staff to Resident Ratio

The care is just about right. What I like about it most is that it's a small facility. There are only 13 rooms so my aunt gets the attention she needs. The ratio of staff to residents is better than the bigger places. They do have activities available. They just had a little Halloween thing last week and they have art projects and things like that. My aunt is not really interested in them but that's just her.

Cheryl was very cheerful an...

Cheryl was very cheerful and cordial. The rooms were large, newly painted, and had decor on the walls. It would have been nice to know it is for memory care before we came.

Very home-like atmosphere. ...

Very home-like atmosphere. Small facility. Does accept Medicaid waiver.

Love the staff response

When my brother, sister-in-law, and I toured Edgewood Vista one of the residents from the Memory Care Unit had wandered into our meeting where we were being presented our options. I was really impressed with how the staff handled the interruption. I love the way the staff responds to their residents/patients. My mom has not been there long so I cannot rate the activities, but my brother really likes the size, it is small and personal. We were all very impressed, though it will take mom sometime to get used to.

Edgewood’s memory care in Omaha is a welcoming community completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. Residents live safely and comfortably in a home-like environment. Edgewood in Omaha also provides day care services for individuals with memory care conditions to support family members who provide their care.