Prairie Hills at Des Moines - Des Moines, IA

Mom really likes this community and would like to live here. Although she feels it is out of here price range. This is her #1 choice for Assisted Living. There is no Independent Living.

My mother's care

This was a nice tour for care.The staff was able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. They have a good environment. We liked the menu and the list of activities. Families should consider a four for the care of a loved one

A great fit for mom

We are a lot happier with my mother-in-law at Prairie Hills than at Ramsey where she came from.
Prairie Hills is doing a great job, it is a homier environment the staff is pleasant, friendly and they all address her by her first name when they greet her It is secured area so we know she is safe there.
Right now the apt my mother-in-law is in is a bit big but they just told us they have a studio available for her and will be moving her there.
They do have transportation for the residents who need it and they have signed my mother-in-law up with the Mobile doctor who will be seeing her there for regular wellness checkups and medication reviews. They also have a hair dresser visit her every week which she really likes.
There are lots of activities and she does participate from time to time so they do keep the residents busy.
I would definitely recommend Prairie Hills to my friends and family.

Happy with Her Move

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. Everything has worked out great. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This is a lovely community.

A home for my mom

I like the homie atmosphere here for my mom. The community is making it comfortable for her. The staff is very nice and caring. She likes the activities of playing bingo, daily exercises and getting her nails done. The community is very clean and maintained. She is staying active and seems to be enjoying the care that she is getting. I highly recommend this community for great care and value.

Prairie Hills has a homey feel to it!!

They offer a lot of activities including exercise classes. I have tried the food and I thought it was good. They offer a variety of healthy choices. I would recommend this community. The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are very good and friendly. I am pleased with this community.

Truly A Lovely Community With Kind People

My parents are doing very well here at this community. They are doing an outstanding job caring for them and their needs. The community looks great, they do a very good with making sure the facility and grounds is well maintained. There are lovely activities offered. They recently had a state fair party for all the residents and their families. The meals are well balanced. They are being care for very well. I would highly recommend this community.

wonderful

Prairie Hills at Des Moines is just wonderful compared to the other facility we were at. The food is supposed to be wonderful. The people seem very genuine. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They remember my husbands name and are very kind. I am getting more value here that I was previously. I am paying slightly less than the previous location also. The staff are always checking in on him. They do have lot going on as far as activities too. They are very quick to give us information. They help us with anything we need, they don't just leave you on your own. So far everything is going wonderful at this facility.

activities are their best suit

At Prairie Hills at Des Moines the activities are their best suit. There was confusion on cleaning. The staff changed the status of moms room. Originally she was in assisted living and now she is in memory care. So there was some confusion with that, but it has been resolved. We are really happy with this facility.

I would recommend them to anyone.

I think they are good. They are awesome, every single one of them. I would recommend them to anyone. The food is great, and all the people are super nice. My mom was not thrilled to be going there, but she has really grown to like it.

Great Facility

I wouldnt have chosen a better this has exceeded my needs and very happy. The director and the staff are friendly and actually cares about the patients. They help them with day to day things and have some activities. Its not that expensive as you would think.

The agent who helped me was very info...

The agent who helped me was very informative. She took her time to know my loved ones needs. Also helped provide information on some financial ad.

The facility was beautiful, but yet h...

The facility was beautiful, but yet homey. I liked the fact that the memory care unit had all small private rooms. Perfect size for Mom. I did not have the opportunity to eat there.

This one was better set up for elderl...

This one was better set up for elderly people than Windsor Manor--less kitchen in their living space; better shower access; etc.

We were very impressed and Mom would ...

We were very impressed and Mom would like to be here.

Prairie Hills Senior Living in Des Moines prides itself as being Iowa's premier center for senior citizens who are in need of assisted living. In addition, we offer independent living for our clients to enjoy the sunset years of their lives with other elderly citizens. We pride ourselves offering friendliness, compassion, and respect to reassure our residents that they are in a safe, clean, and caring environment. Regardless of each individual's needs whether they live independently in an apartment or require special assistance, attentiveness is our utmost concern to make sure all of our residents have their needs met regardless of how big or small. The families of our residents have likely had to make the difficult decision of placing their elderly parents in a senior care facility. At Prairie Hills, there's no need to worry. One of the things we're proud of most is the staff we hire. All Administrators and staff are hired locally and have an understanding of the communities most of our residents come from. Although assisted living is provided, many of our residents live independently in our many apartments and lead their lives just as they would in their own homes. The apartments are carpeted and appointed with standard amenities you'd expect to find in a comfortable apartment. There are many opportunities to form new friendships with neighbors or at planned activities. And there are many of those! Whether it's a card game or dancing on Saturday night, life is enjoyed to the fullest always.