Porter Place - Tinley Park, IL

Moved my mother to Porter Place four months ago. After touring several other facilities in the area, this one seemed to stand out. Specifically the cleanliness and how the staff interacted with the residents. Since my mother’s arrival, she has received superior care. Everyone from the person at the front desk to the maintenance man to the nursing staff all seem to have my mother’s best interest top of mind. I would highly recommend Porter Place!

Review of Porter Place

[Name removed] is such a WONDERFUL nurse/CNA. She's a very hard worker and kind.

Review of Porter Place

Everyone has been so kind to my husband [Name removed]. I can't say enough to all of you. Thank you.

Review of Porter Place

We can't thank [Name Removed] enough for being such a kind person and caring.

Review of Porter Place

Thank you for taking [Name Removed] to other side for activities. I'm sure it helps his mind to stay active. God bless you for your hearts and the hard work you do to keep the residents happy.

Review of Porter Place

Helped my mom and dad with the hot tub! You ladies rock! Great team efforts to contribute to the facility!

Review of Porter Place

The staff are very attentive to the residents. In fact all the staff know ALL the residents. Staff is also available to the resident's family.

[Name Removed] - She is very happy to assist and always very genuine

Review of Porter Place

[Name Removed] is the best!! Thank you all very much for setting my mom's hair and keeping her closet so organized. I also appreciate all you do.

Review of Porter Place

Outstanding facility. Staff is so caring and friendly!! Activities for residents all day.

Review of Porter Place

[Name Removed], [Name Removed], [Name Removed], Everyone! Great attitude and smile. Very nice to be around! You all have hearts of gold. Cannot thank you all enough!

Review of Porter Place

[Name Removed] and [Name Removed] - Good team work! They go above and beyond!

Review of Porter Place

[Name Removed] and [Name Removed] always so helpful to everyone and attentive!

Porter Place is top notch

I was so happy to find Porter Place for my mom
The first day I walked in there the professionalism of the marketing women ([name removed]) who showed me around and helped thru the process of moving my mom in.
She made it so comfortable and easy.
My mom has been there since Oct 2018 she loves it and so do I. The staff is amazing and friendly the families that visit are all friendly. The activity director is so much fun the residents love all her activities. Its very clean and the staff is great with everyone.
From the minute you walk in Porter Place it is so warm and friendly from the women that greet you to the full staff.
Thank you Staff for making my mom life easier and my life easier.
I would recommend Porter Place to be the top of memory care.

Carol,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! And even more so, thank you for allowing the staff at Porter Place care for and love your mom. We are honored!

Review of Porter Place - Tinley Park, IL

I have been very impressed with the professionalism shown by [Removed]. Also – [Removed].
They kept in touch with me and cared about my friend. I can’t thank them enough.

Cary Finucane

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are honored to have the chance to care for all our residents.

Cary Finucane replied at 2018-04-23 20:14

Facility was cold and tour guide was vague

I was not impressed with this facility at all. When we went to go tour the rooms didn’t have carpet, the only had overhead lights, and the rooms just felt cold and empty. It is a smaller facility with only 30 people. The woman who gave us our tour was very nice and she really liked to talk. Unfortunately, when we asked questions, she wouldn’t answer clearly and was vague about everything. She just seemed too chatty. The other thing that bothered me was I mentioned to her twice that my Mother had a hard time walking and that she needed a wheelchair. She never once acknowledged it or offered anything. I would not recommend this facility unless things change.

Our tour

This was a clean looking community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly and they do allow pets. This community seemed larger than what we were looking for.

Clean community

Porter Place was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very nice and explained their process and answered all of our questions. At the time we were touring places we were just looking ahead for future needs of possible memory care. Very nice place.

So far so good. [Removed]. coordinated an appointment schedule for me to meet with him and tour the facility . We discussed options for the care of my Grandmother .Although there will be another assigned ED to the facility in the near future , i appreciated the time taken . I hope my Grandmother will have a better experience in this Senior Living Arrangement .Move in date planned - Sept 1, 2017

Good That They Can Handle Him

My dad is in a place that is better for him and they understand dementia and memory care. They are new and opened less than a year ago. It is smaller and very clean. There is a small group of residents here and I'm happy that my dad is in a better fitting community.

My mother stayed at Porter Place for respite as my family travelled for my daughter’s graduation. She stayed for 6 days. The staff was very professional and accommodating towards my mother’s needs. The environment is modern, clean and suited for residence in such a way that it reminds you of home. The entire staff displayed a warm spirit of care concern. I would definitely recommend Porter Place. So thankful to the staff for making my mother feel comfortable and loved.

Cant Miss with Porter Place

Porter Place in Tinley Park, Il is an excellent, above normal clean, facility.

The entire staff is extremely attentive to every aspect of my father's needs.

[Removed] took special roles to help situate my father on a very short notice.

We are very pleased with their services, and highly recommend this facility to anyone who has a family member or friends that need special memory , dementia or alzheimers disease.

We have had my father at several other facilities prior to Porter Place, and nothing else compares or measures up to Porter.

Every meal is prepared by the chef on the premises.

They staff also interacts with every patient, and we have seen a lot of smiling faces when we visit him.

We highly recommend Porter Place. Their pricing is very competitive and you can believe that your loved one will be securely taken care of at Porter Place.

Great place. Good care. Nice room. Good food.

A nice community

This looked like a nice community when we visited. This community offers an enclosed courtyard and a lot of nice amenities. The staff I met were nice and they seem to accommodate the residents dietary needs.

From our 1st visit I felt if our situation was a priority and this was before any commitment was made. We were immediately offered support in multiple areas of concern for our family members who are caring for a person with memory loss. After the move in for my mother in law we received even more support from every staff member that we met!

What an awesome blessing Porter Place is for my mom and me and our family. They are providing the care I was unable to give my mom after doing my “very best” for six years. I am comfortable leaving her when I visit because I know she is in good hands. I am very pleased with the quality of excellent care she is receiving.

Porter Place is excellent all the way around! So happy we found this place. Staff is wonderful and they take such good care of everyone here. Food is great. My father has the best care I never have to worry when I’m not here.

It was a very nice facility. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

We chose this facility, the founders club was a big draw (saving us 500.00) and it is brand new and very nice, the price was in our bracket, we will see how the respite stay goes for a month before signing contact to commit.

Brand new. Only one resident currently there. Kind of expensive, but otherwise, very nice