Autumn Leaves of Orland Park - Orland Park, IL

Autumn Leaves of Orland Park - Orland Park, IL has yet not published prices.

For the best memory care for your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia in the Orland Park, Illinois, area, consider Autumn Leaves of Orland Park assisted living community. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of Orland Park assisted living community. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

The culinary staff at Autumn Leaves of Orland Park is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

At Autumn Leaves of Orland Park, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. That’s why our assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of Orland Park assisted living memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

Our experience was good

This community was nice when we visited. The staff we met were friendly. This community had a larger memory care unit than what we were looking for.

Judy Brown

Thank you for stopping by!

Nice calm setting

I like the staff very much. The food looks nice and the one time I ate there I thought it was good. They have activities all the time. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. This memory care community has codes that visitors need to use to enter and leave the building. I would recommend this community.

Professional Staff!!

I have no complaints of my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very friendly to my father and I. They gave us a very detailed tour of there facility and made sure to answer and questions that we had for them in detail. All of the residents looked happy and content in there living environment which was pleasant to see. It was just not the right fit for my dad and we ended up choosing a different place for him.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Did not get very good information when we toured this facility, the rooms were limited and the cost for us was higher than others we had looked at.

Judy Brown

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the information you received on your tour. We wish the best of luck in your search.

Other options for loved ones.

I was not happy with the care here. They did not have a alarm for my mom for her to get some help. They did not have a bed alarm for here when she needed help.They did not do alot to stimulate people. Since my mother came out of the community the staff has been calling to see how she is doing. My mom had fallen and I was not called right away. They did not have good communication skills with each of the staff members. My mom needed skill living. I would not recommend this community to others for care for a loved one.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Orland Park to share your comments.

Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

I would recommend this community!!

Dad is still adjusting to living at this community. We are happy with the staff. They are interactive and encourage him to participate. He likes the food and they offer a good variety. They offer daily activities. They keep the community clean.

Stay Away

There are some wonderful staff people at this facility, but they are overshadowed by many more who are not properly trained or managed. The leadership is nonexistent, and communication is terrible between management and medical/care staff. The public areas are clean enough, but resident rooms may not be cleaned appropriately. Have seen dried waste left in resident areas on many occasions. If your person has more than moderate dementia symptoms, look elsewhere.

Dad's not playing nice.

Autumn Leaves is really a very nice community for seniors that are willing to cooperate. Because my Dad does not wish to be there he is not completely happy with the place but my experience with them have been great! Autumn Leaves has plenty of activities for their residents and I haven't heard any complaints about the food. I'm hoping that with time things get better for my Dad so that he can actually enjoy everything they have to offer.

Judy Brown

We want you to know that we are grateful that you have entrusted your loved one with us.

Review of Autumn Leaves Of Orland Park-Orland Park, IL

Visited....did all paperwork (which they cannot locate) Had TB skin test....do not have a good feeling about them as they appear quite disorganized. $125/night

Dear visitor:
I’d like to apologize for your disappointing experience while visiting our community. We have already contacted the staff in Orland Park and are taking immediate steps to review the issues you raised.

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your dissatisfaction, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have been in business for more than 14 years and strive to provide the highest quality care for our residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

Overall pretty good

Seems like a high quality facility. My mom has been there for just over 6 months. There was an issue when a few of the senior people left (I don't know why) about a month after my mom arrived. Before a new supervisor came in, my mother's care went down dramatically in quality for about a month or so. So much so that we actually considered moving her to a new place. She was not clean, not given her one-pill-a-day medication, was wearing other peoples clothes and all her socks were missing. Plus we received no communication what-so-ever from the staff. My mom does not need too much supervision, just help get her ready in the morning, and help get her ready for bed at night. But we waited before moving her and I'm glad we did. A new Supervisor came in and acknowledged the many problems and discussed our particular concerns. The issues that concerned us were taken care of, and from what we now see the facility is back to running efficiently and we feel fine with our mother being there. She seems to have adapted well and generally enjoys it there.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. Hearing your subsequent positive comments truly makes our day. Thank you again for taking time to review.

An all-inclusive community

When searching for a memory care community for our mother, we compared pricing. Our mother needed help because of her memory issues and Autumn Leaves of Orland Park provides care for an all-inclusive price. While we felt the price was expensive, you get what you pay for and we feel the value is definitely there for our Mom. The staff is very attentive and are open to our constant contact with them. There's a doctor who comes to the site for individual care. The staff provides medication management and most of the rooms are private. Because Mom has been a fall risk, we feel that she is in a very safe environment. She even receives physical therapy. The community has population of about 40 residents and looks like a beautiful mansion. The are large rooms, sun rooms and alcoves throughout. We used caretakers prior to finding Autumn Leaves, who didn't work out. We are so happy that we were able to find such a wonderful place for our mother.

Judy Brown

Positive comments from family members like you are truly appreciated by everyone in our company. Thank you again for taking time to review.

Iffy

Cleanliness has gone down since my mother first started living here 2+ years ago.Her room now has to be asked to be cleaned. Her caregivers are angels, besides a few rowdy exceptions, who are also new. I visit more at night and let me say dinner is horrible!! The \\chef\\ Marlon fights with me about what I would like for mom and it seems like the CNAs or nurse have to provide a dinner for her, as they go into the kitchen once I ask for an alternative! Although I can say I love the friendliness from the front office and the care staff, but like I said a few new exceptions are a little rowdy and rude to patients and family!! Activities are great, my mother is engaged and loves Michael.

Judy Brown

Great place when you have to make a hard decision

My dad was in Autumn Leaves for a couple of months before his Alzheimers progressed rapidly and passed away. It was extremely hard for my family to see him not only decline with the disease, but see him have to enter a facility.
The staff is truly dedicated and cares about the patients who live there. Activities are abundant. The aides are caring and respectful. In hindsight I think that they should have more aides, because the residents really keep everyone on thier toes! The nurses are amazing. Our nurse walked us through the stages of what was happening medically the day my dad died and was very compassionate and caring. There were 4 siblings who rotated days every week and our experiences were pretty consistent. It made me sad that more family members of the other residents didnt come and visit. They have nice outdoor courtyards that we would often sit outside and let dad get some fresh air. If you can afford it, one of the better type of homes you will find.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind review. We’re always thrilled to hear from family members who are pleased with the care we provide to their loved ones.

A home away from home for your loved one

I had always promised my aunt that I would never put her in a nursing home, but there came a time when I could no longer handle a full time job and being a caregiver. I did have a health care worker staying with my aunt while I was at work, but as my aunt's dementia changed, the health care worker could not handle my aunt. My aunt' s well being was first and foremost to me, so I called Autumn Leaves. I can't say enough about Autumn Leaves, the staff is compassionate, caring and loving. I felt confident that when I was not there, my aunt was being taken care of. She was always treated with respect and dignity. Autumn Leaves not only took care of my aunt, but they also took care of me, always there to talk to about my aunt's condition or a shoulder to cry on. My aunt passed away recently and I know that having my aunt live at Autumn Leaves was the right thing to do, because I don't know of any health care worker who could have taken care of her better then Autumn Leaves.

Judy Brown

First, allow us to express our sincere condolences for the loss of your aunt. When a family places a loved one in one of our communities, that involves a level of trust, and that's something we never take for granted.

Very nice facility, we like...

Very nice facility, we liked the outdoor patios. we also liked the idea of the centralized bathing areas with shower and whirl pool tub. We saw a lot of residents throughout the building but very little personal interaction there was staff interaction. The rooms were nice.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

Wonderful staff, environmen...

Wonderful staff, environment, security, staff to resident ratio.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community and taking the time to post your kind comments.

Choosing Autumn Leaves

My dad has been at Autumn Leaves for over a year and I'm so grateful we found this place. Dad's minister, who has been in the Orland Park area for over 20 years visiting church members in such facilities, told me when we were checking out homes, if it were his parent he would choose Autumn Leaves. While we were impressed with Autumn Leaves ourselves, it really helped to hear from someone who had visited all the places frequently. Dad often tells people who are getting a tour what a wonderful place it is and how much he enjoys the staff. I think that speaks volumes as well.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community. We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Autumn leaves for your love.

My father had Alzheimer's for 7 years and we were unable to care for him for the last 5 months of his life, even with 24 hour help. He changed from a complacent, sweet and gentle man to one who was angry, combative, aggressive, and unwilling to accept care. We were at wit's end.

Upon entering this facility, we knew immediately that my father would do well here and it would help us enjoy him. After several days of adjustment - which were hard for us, my father, and the staff - my father began to change - he improved!! WE discovered that he needed the socialization, the sunlight, the routine, the ranch layout, the appropriate bathroom and showers, and the stimulation. He became sweet, gentle, caring again and he began to WALK with a walker!! He began to smile when we visited him, he began to talk to us in his own way. His appetite also improved and he began to eat.

We visited my father every day for ourselves. We visited at all hours of the day - from 7 am to 10 pm. We saw first hand the care, concern and love given to all the residents there. We were able to call at any hour and always received a report on my father.

Summary: the last five months of my father's life at Autumn Leaves, were the best I had had in the last year with him.

Judy Brown

We’re so sorry to hear about your loss. We want you to know that we are grateful that you entrusted your loved one with us and that it was a positive experience. Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Beautiful Alzheimer's Facility

It was very nice and beautiful, and the staff was extremely friendly. They strictly catered to people with Alzheimer's and my mom didn't qualify. She had several days where she was completely out of it so I wasn't sure quite what I was looking for when I toured, but the confusion ended up being only a temporary thing.

Wonderful volunteer particiaption and memory care

This was a purely memory care facility and it was outstanding. The cleanliness, the quality of the care, the simplicity of the care... They explained to us that they don't have a menu that they're able to pick from, it's just "here's what you're eating today" and if you don't like it they'll make something else for you. They realize that for some people, making these decisions just gets them riled up.
They have a lot of groups activities, and one of the things I thought was amazing over here is that they had volunteers coming in to participate in the group activites. One of the times I was there, they had two kids that were in grade school that were playing catch and other games and these kids, their family member passed away like 5 years ago and they still come to visit. The quality of the people there, their pysical and mental state was much farther gone but that's something you come to expect in places like that.
One of the things about Autumn Leaves is, since it's privately owned, the price is negotiable.

Very Happy With Everything

I'm very happy with it. I'm happy with everything, the cleanliness, the people that work there - everything. They have thier own kitchen and crafts, pysical therapy. She hasn't complained about the food so that's a good thing.

I really liked director, she answeree...

I really liked director, she answereed my questions as they entered my mind,before i could ask them. the facility is really nice and I like the different wings having a theme. The rooms seem nice and bright. and the clients looked happy and comfortable.