Plaza at Clover Lake - Carmel, NY

My mom did not feel comfortable. It was her emotional feel. The uncomfort was because medications are given out during meals. She is still able to handle her medications at this time

Not the best Looking

I didn't choose this place due to the appearance the place was very old and dirty. There was rust on the metal there and the roof looked like it was going to fall apart. And I didn't want to place my mother-in-law there. She wouldn't have felt safe here

Seems Content

Mom seems to be doing well here. She has settled in nicely. She does what activities she can due to her dementia. As far as I know, she likes the food I haven't heard any complaints about it. The staff has been friendly and good-natured very professional. The community appears clean and well maintained.

Amitay Stern

Thank you for your kind review! At The Plaza at Clover Lake, providing our residents with care in a warm and loving environment is our #1 priority! We will be sure to share your kind words with our dedicated staff!

Review of Clover Lake

Everyone who is employed at Clover Lake is extremely personable, and helpful. The AIDS are to be commended for their service. I can not say enough about the care at this facility.

Sincerely,
[Removed]

Amitay Stern

Thank you so much for your kind words! At The Plaza at Clover Lake we strive to provide our residents with quality care in a warm and loving atmosphere. We will be sure to share your warm words with our staff!

I rated them all 5's. They provide excellent care and the staff is friendly.

My Mom seems fine and seems to like it

My Mom seems fine and seems to like it. My Mom is very social and she likes the people that work there. Some of the residents are not so friendly, but that cannot be helped. Overall, a good experience so far.

Please don't Send Your Mom There

My Mom was at this facility for a year it was terrible Mom did not have dementia or Alzheimer..... she just was unable to care for herself anymore .........The facility is run not with the residents in mind...you can not take your own meds and have to wait on a very very long line..there is no nurse on duty after five...they call 911 there are no doctors on staff you have to take your loved one to any and all Doctors appointments ......the food is institutional at best and not well balanced.........they are understaffed..........and the staff is not trained in geriatric care..

there is really a hard sell for you to come there...the rooms are very far away from the dining room which is on another floor ...so an elevator is required.......no recreation PLEASE DON'T SEND ANYONE THERE

Not at all for us! Too controlling. The contact person was not friendly at all. I would never send my Mom to this place. No independence at all. Must show up for ALL meals, even if you don't want to eat or even get up until noon. Not allowed to take your own meds, even if you do not want assistance with them. Meals appeared to be processed and institutional. YUK!

Seemed like a very nice place, too large for Mom

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for our loved ones. Plaza at Clover Lake was a beautiful, up to date, and overall very nice looking community. However I do not think it would have been a great fit for Mom. It is a big place and there just would have been too much walking for her. It also ended up being one of the more expensive options we saw.

New home for mom

I loved Plaza at Clover Lake, I even joked with Maureen to saved me a room, in 10 years when we took our tour.
The place was clean, they have a gym I observed the residents working out. They also have an old fashion soda shop with music from the 50’s playing in the background. I say other residents reading the paper and you could see how the staff took good care of them.

The other thing I liked about Plaza at Clover Lake was that in the end when the money runs out they would take Medicaid. I know that many communities will ask you to move your loved one out when their options are gone. It was explained to me that I could keep mom here and with some private pay along with Medicaid, they would work with us. It was so refreshing to have a community take that approach.

Maureen did explain to us that they are still remodeling Plaza at Clover Lake. This place is friendly and beautiful, it sits on top of a mountain and overlooks a lake. I could see my mother enjoying her time here.

EH...

Mom there 4+yrs. Since '13, food has really gone downhill. Pretty place. Redone for Assisted Living, value for those who are independent now less. Virus for THREE mths. 1/14 to 4/14 = no rec. gatherings.

My parents are very happy at the Plaz...

My parents are very happy at the Plaza, my only issue is that they need more aids. Since my parents are paying extra for my mother to get more home care there have been times that the aid does not show up or is late. She is mildly self sufficient with the help of my Dad. But they insist that my Dad not help her so we sometimes have a problem with .

They were a reasonable value. They do...

They were a reasonable value. They do work towards Medicaid with out a spend down first which is nice. They do have a lot of activities but they could have a little more. My dad is pretty particular and I haven't had any complaints from him.

Lovely facility, great staf...

Lovely facility, great staff very warm and informing.

Pretty nice facility. Like...

Pretty nice facility. Liked the central arrangement with the resident halls extending from there. Price was about $1K higher per month than APlaceForMom had, plus $1-2K additional for care. Has fairly recently become an assisted living facility after being independent living so they are not quite up to speed with things. No nursing on site which is a concern.

I loved the Plaza but it is...

I loved the Plaza but it is not secure enough for my mom with dementia. I spoke to a wonderful woman there for over an hour about how to best find a place for my mom

Met with the Maintenance manager - ve...

Met with the Maintenance manager - very nice man, good information; will be redoing place; are trying to become assisted living (use 4 outside agencies now); rooms are nice; they have 1-month trial live in using their furniture.