Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings - Ridgefield, CT

food excellent - staff & residents were extremely friendly - the room laid outs for 1 bedrooms were strange - well staffed with assoicates that were available at all times.

Absolutly Loved

We toured at Benchmark when we were looking for a place for my loved one. I absolutely loved this community, but the room that they had available at the time was too far down a long corridor for my loved one. He did not like the distance, so we continued looking for a more suitable community.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was nice. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. The rooms were a decent size. It was a little big and thought it would be overwhelming for my mom. I had lunch here and the food was good.

Care for mom

I was able to speak with the staff on the care that is available for my mom's care. They had a nice list of activities and the menu seemed to be appealing. I was informed that the activities would be offered for her to participate. They have small trips away from the community. We would recommend that families our this community on their own to see if it fids there needs of a loved one.

Lovely Staff At This Community

This is a lovely community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. He is safe, and in good hands. The staff very kind, and have been helpful whenever needed. I have heard nothing but positive comments from my father about them. When I visit his room, and the community are nice, and clean. The meals are good, and there are activities offered for the residents. It has been a positive experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Comfortable stay!

This facility is doing an excellent job at caring for my loved one! The staff is very friendly and do what they can to meet my loved ones' care needs. Though there are some renovations being made on the facility, it is still very clean and well maintained. Overall, I am definitely satisfied!

My mother is a smart active person who is extremely independent. Each member of the staff treats her with the utmost respect and kindness. She is able to maintain her independence with a compassionate safety net.

Nice community.

The Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings was a nice community. It was decently clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and answered all of my questions. The residents seemed to be busy interacting with the activities offered. We would consider Benchmark if the time comes for my loved one to move into assisted living.

Above and Beyond

The staff at Ridgefield Crossing have tried so hard to meet my mother's needs. They are always willing to listen to our requests and concerns. They have gone above and beyond when it comes to health needs and social requests. I would highly recommend "The Crossing" as a new home for your loved ones.

Devin Anuzis

Thank you for your review! Our team works very hard to meet the unique needs of each of our residents and statements such as yours mean everything to us. Please reach out to our Executive Director if you ever need anything, [removed].

Ridgefield Crossings_an excellent choice

It's a very big adjustment but both my parents are impressed with the staff, happy with the many amenities the community offers, and getting more comfortable over time with this new lifestyle.

My siblings and I visited many senior communities in the surrounding area and most of them were impressive but, ultimately, this was an easy call for us. There is a different vibe at Ridgefield Crossings and a greater sense of vitality. Hard to say exactly why, but it probably comes down to a combination of both the residents and the staff.

Devin Anuzis

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are extremely proud of our team and the pride they have in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please reach out to the Executive Director if you ever need anything [removed].

Good Experience!

It was a good experience...... a lot of caring took place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Very nice looking, but very expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We are very proud of our associates. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Very nice place, but very expensive

Benchmark Senior Living is a very very nice place, overall. The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and the staff are all very pleasant and attentive. They've done a wonderful job taking care of my loved one. However, they are also very VERY expensive, and unfortunately not a permanent option for my family due to the price.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) to discuss any concerns or issues you may have.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Benchmark at Ridgefield Crossings seemed like a nice enough place overall, the staff we met were friendly and the facility itself was well kept and clean. We saw options in the area we thought would be a better fit for Dad, but I would still recommend this place as being worth a look!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing. We are very proud of our team. Please call us ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Excellent

The Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossin is Excellent. Everyone has been wonderful. We are very pleased with this community. We have had a great experience here. I would highly recommend this place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please feel free to contact us at [removed] if there is ever anything we can do to help you and your family.

Changing your lifestyle for the better

From the original contact to move-in day the staff at RC is always courteous, helpful, personable which is so critical when you are going thru the changes that come with moving to a very new and different lifestyle.... a really good one.

First impressions count and making them exceptional is so very important. RC does a great job recognizing and acting accordingly.

I am so happy that my loved one has people her own age around to share her days vs being alone.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words! Please feel free to contact us ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

I have be here just a Month but they have filled all my needs

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Please let us know ([removed]) if there is every anything we can do for you.

It was a good tour.

I toured here when I was looking around. I liked that this community was able to deal with the medical issues related to Diabetes. They were also able to accommodate both my loved ones, one who needed assisted living and one who is more independent.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ( [removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Ridgefield Crossings overall! The staff here are very friendly, and very accommodating! They've really worked hard to help him settle in and get adjusted! The facility itself is nice as well, it is well kept and clean.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help you and your family. [removed]

So far, great!

My parents haven't moved in yet although they do have an apartment. Ridgefield Crossings has been so cooperative and is making things as easy as possible for them in their moving process. The staff that we have met have been friendly and helpful. If their experience continues as it has been going, I would continue to give them a 5 star rating.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

thank you for you comments! Please feel free to contact us at [removed] if there is ever anything we can do to help you and your family.

Great place

From start to finish this was a wonderful process. We felt very supported without being pressured. There was transparency , and recognition of how difficult this is for most families. I can't say enough good things about them. My mom is very happy there and that is the icing on the cake.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you very much for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us.

Ridgefield Crossings

I was nervous moving my mom in at age 83 after living alone for years but it was the best thing I did. She loves it and has made friends and socializes. The staff are all wonderful and the residents are well taken care off. It is very clean and beautiful!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing! We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

A warm and friendly supportive environment

I found Ridgefield Crossings to be a warm, friendly and supportive environment to both family and residents. My father is difficult to draw out and the staff continues to work hard to make him feel comfortable and accepted at HIS pace. As with all new situations, there are mutual things to learn about expectations and procedures. I found the staff open to suggestion where we had minor shortcomings and exceptionally sensitive to resolving those issues during our first 30 days. I continue to be impressed closing in on our first 60 days.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Your praise, as well as your critique, is extremely important to us. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

Disappointed

My first impression was great! The place is beautiful, clean and everyone was very pleasant and helpful! Shortly after the move I was able to see the flaws and dis function. The staff seems to turn away from extra attention which is dearly needed with the elderly! They ignore there needs and only do what is notably necessary! The laundry situation is a disaster. Cloths, shoes, bedding and personal items are lost or stolen. The cost of the facility is way overpriced for the service! Very disappointed!

Benchmark Senior Living

We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with Ridgefield Crossings. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to not only customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident, but to also ensure their utmost safety and security. We were very pleased with the high scores that our families and residents recently gave Ridgefield Crossings in our annual satisfaction survey, but do understand there are always areas for improvement and we continually evaluate our processes and performance as an ongoing commitment to our residents and families.

A really nice facility and is being cared for very well.

The place is very, very clean. They are very friendly, too friendly, they creep me out. When I did research they are in line for this section of the country price wise. They offer a wide variety of activities. We use the Alzheimers care. The availability of services and their honesty is what made me choose this community. I felt that others were sort of a bait and switch. The staff seems to be just wonderful it's a really nice facility and is being cared for very well!l

It's going pretty well.

It's going pretty well, my mom is a difficult patient. It's beautiful and well staffed. They offer a lot of activities, but my mom doesn't participate. I chose this because the location was good and the aestetics were pleasing. I think the follow through from when one staff member determines whether or not they need something and they need to communicate it to the next person and they have let the ball drop a few times.

A Great Place!

I like that the atmosphere there is beautiful and that the staff really cares. They're really great. I mean, mom has her little quirks and they do a great job accommodating her which is lovely. The care services are very good but sometimes there are certain of the aids and caretakers who don't really do as much as some other ones do. But other than two people or so everyone is fantastic. I think the activities are very good. My mom doesn't really participate but that's just her and her current situation. She can't really participate but there always seems to be things going on. Also, they are always available to take her to doctors appointments and things too which is important.

Wonderful Place!

I give this place a 5+ and a 5++ for the staff! It really is a great place. My brother couldn't be more happy. We like the cleanliness and the warmth of the staff. Starting at the top with the administrative staff all the way down to the servers in the dining area, everyone is great. We also like that it's a very open institution. I mean, the family is welcome to come at any time and that's wonderful.The staff is a very stable staff and I like the amenities. There is always coffee available and fresh lemon water that you can just go and help yourself to. They have a wonderful library and the act are great. Maybe they need to work with the dining room chef because people are not always happy with the selection. They quality of the food is good but the options could be more diverse.

Fine

My mother has only been there for about 10 days, but so far I think they're fine.

Lovely facility. The program directo...

Lovely facility. The program director knew all the patients by name and they seems to respond to her. All the staff was very welcoming and seemed happy to share any information with us. One down side was the advanced state most of the patients were in. I didn't notice a lot of interaction between them although they were in the same room. Didn't see a lot of staff around but there was an outing today so that may be why. Very costly and a lease is involved with a 30 day notice clause (15 in case of death). rent is still expected even if there is hospitalization. Staff ratio is 1:7 in day and 1:14 at night). Great concept for dining options (visual choices) and added benefits of depth perception color choices in decor. Nice menu choices. Will follow up for psyician list as she will need her own.

Looks like housing units are very tig...

Looks like housing units are very tightly clustered giving little privacy or nature views

nice but large

nice but large

Very nice facility, set way back from...

Very nice facility, set way back from road. About 100 residents. Less-homey. The apartment layout is one bedroom with adjoining living room. Kitchenette can include stove. 30 minutes away. 5 minute respond time. Has the reduced fee aid program for financially need residents. 2 - 3 year wait.

Pleasant, friendly atmosphere; accomo...

Pleasant, friendly atmosphere; accomodation very good and more space than others.

Residents of Ridgefield Crossings enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. 24- hour assistance is personally tailored to each resident’s changing needs and is provided for by a caring and professional staff.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Ridgefield Crossings offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed