Phoebe Berks Health Care Center - Wernersville, PA

Phoebe Berks Health Care Center - Wernersville, PA has yet not published prices.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

It's a nice sense of community at Phoebe. The director of wellness is extremely helpful and the wellness department has done really well. They have a nice variety of meals.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We have known the facility for years. Multiple family members have been there, and she'll be going back a second time. They did a great job letting me know everything and the administrator on the floor did too. They called let me to let me know what was going on.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They are very kind and open in explaining things. I am pleased with that. It’s clean. My mom's Italian so the food is a lot different than what she's used to so it's not that it's bad.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My mom is getting good service. They provide very, very good care.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Phoebe Berks provides very good care.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My mom loved it. She looks like she is doing well. Every time I've been there the staff are nice and she likes them. Someone has been calling me too. Everything looked clean when I was there. The meals are very good and she got plenty.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

All the staff has been so friendly, from the dietary to the administrative. The professional services are fantastic. They have accommodated her very nicely for meals. I have gotten the opportunity to meet with many staff members and interact. They have done very well with communication - from the social workers, to the physicians, everyone! The rehab environment was more of a pleasant experience than the skilled nursing side in terms of the environment.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I'd recommend Phoebe Berks Health Care Center.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

So far we are very pleased with the facility. My mother has not voiced any complaints. My mother is enjoying the program they have her on. We are definitely pleased with the rehab therapy.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

One of the RNs on the day shift is exceptional. My loved one likes having a private room and she likes the bathroom set up. The staff all communicate well. The nurses who care for her both communicate really well.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The staff and the facility itself have been wonderful. We feel very strongly that she is in the best facility possible. The communication between staff, nursing and family needs to be better. The staff are very friendly. The menu is lacking and my mom does not care for the food too much. I was told it would improve but hasn't. I tried it myself and was not impressed. There is not a variety of vegetarian options and they have the same menu every week. We've had a few hiccups and we're trying to work with them and hoping it improves.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

At this point and pretty happy with it so far. So far the staff care looks pretty good. It will take more time to give an accurate evaluation. Everything looked spic and span.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The staff are good. They are so short staffed in the longterm side the nurses don't answer the call bell half the time. The food is okay.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

A couple of the aides are very nice. The meals are good. They make the patients come to the gathering room and it gets very congested. Some people are loud. There are a couple that have not been too friendly. I wanted to ask one of the nurses on the night shift something and I had left a folder there and I asked my question and she was very abrupt. I was still speaking and she walked away. No one has reached out to me in terms of the plan for him especially with rehab the social worker had scheduled a meeting for us all to go over.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The staff was very helpful with my wife. The staff are very good. They know me by name and that feels good. I know the administrator there. When I was there one of the staff and I signed 30 pieces of paper and she made copies for me. The lobby looks clean. The meals are adequate. The staff record what she has for each meal and what she consumes. They are overly informative of this. They are so helpful. They are calling me with updates, too. The nurses are very sincere but it depends on who it is and the frame of mind they are in. Some are compassionate and some it is just a job.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The nurses have been great. Now they are checking on my mom more often. One of the night nurses has been wonderful to my mom. She did a great job. She is getting stronger with the therapy. She is coming along. It's very clean. It got much better when I went in and talked to them. I've observed the staff putting food in front of people who cannot pick it up. One woman needed weighted utensils and only once did they give them.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They are helpful and show they care. They helped my loved one get hospice arranged and across the board I'm very happy with it! They make her comfortable and they're adjusting to her needs. Her condition wasn't what any of us were expecting when she arrived from the hospital and they've done great to adjust. Across the board, I'm very happy with it. They have been helpful, friendly, and courteous, and they do their job well. From the top right on down have all been great!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

All I can say is they were helpful. The head of nursing is great. The kitchen is good and it's very clean. A lot of times I'm there or they get my voicemail. All are good at communicating.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I like the staff. I like the facility and it is well run. It is a lot nicer than other facilities. The nursing care is excellent. It is clean. Communication is excellent. I like three nurses in particular. The meals are okay.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We made a decision to get her ready to move and five employees have been wonderful. She is much more mobile now. She did not have good eating habits and she is telling me how good the food is. Many employees communicate well!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

It is very nice and the care is good. He is improving. Everybody has been very helpful and very nice. It's very clean. Whenever I come in everything is very neat and clean. I am surprised at the variety. The food is freshly cooked and everything looks well done. If I have any questions, they answer them.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They have a lovely spirit of kindness, compassion, and help. The staff is very kind, considerate, and helpful. They have wonderful meals and he has eaten it all. They have kept me up to date, and walked me through everything.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I would say the staff is very attentive to me and her. They are wonderful. There is nothing out of place. I do not notice any dirt. The meals are excellent. They always answer my questions.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I'd recommend Phoebe Berks!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I'd recommend Phoebe Berks to a loved one.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The place is real clean, it's real nice. He likes it there, he wishes he would've moved there years ago. The staff is pleasant. Any requests we've made they have been accommodating. They have rules and regulations like any place. They have a good program. The nurses are outstanding and knowledgeable. He does have some people that work there that have visited him from the other side where he lives, they believe in their job and are good people. He likes the food. I don't like the food vouchers, it's only good for one month, and it's pressure on the patients to stock pile in the fridge or eat more. I think it should roll over to the next month.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I'd recommend Phoebe Berks to a friend!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My loved one is doing real good from what they said but has a long way to go. Most of the staff are friendly. The facility looks clean to me. She says the food is very good.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

This is our first time in a rehab. The food is very good!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I'm very disappointed. My loved one has been there five times and this time it is not good. The staff itself is good. They are very friendly and they are very good at communication. They keep me well informed of what is going on. The nursing care is not too good. The attitudes are very very bad - not all of them, but some. It's very clean though.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The nurses here have been fantastic! My loved one has been cleaning his plate for every meal! Also there is no smell. Communication is an area the facility needs some improvement. I have not received any phone calls up until this point. I am especially waiting to be contacted by the doctor. I will say that the therapy department has done very well in terms of their communication.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They have made my life easier. I went through a lot of emotions and the staff at Phoebe Berks have been extremely helpful. The staff are very nice and accommodating. My loved one is getting what she needs in rehab. They showed us some games to play there. The nurses are kind and helpful. Communication is excellent and they call me every step of the way. She eats everything. The food is very good and she likes it very much.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They were good about communicating with me - I found the staff to be very helpful in this area.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The facility was very good about calling and keeping me updated.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The food was great. Visitors said the meals looked really good and wanted to have some too. The staff were very attentive. They are all nice. She suffers from memory problems and they watched her at all times. Rehab was excellent and she only needed one week. We anticipated three weeks. There is only one complaint. My loved one likes folding towels and she helped with that. She ran out of stuff to do and one of the ladies picked up the towels and shuffled the towels and told her to fold the towels again. She got upset about this.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They are good. The nurses and staff are very good. The food is good and my loved one likes the meals. Communication is pretty good when I asks. It can be hard to find the right person to ask.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My loved one seems content. She has no complaints. She said the meals are good.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I would recommend the care at Phoebe Berks. My only criticisms would be it had taken two days to get prescription medications. And at times they seemed understaffed.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Like any other place, it can be slow to get assistance. The rehab is pretty good. The nurses were there when we needed them. Whenever I wanted to know something I would call the office.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The therapists do a great job. The nurses and staff do a good job too. The staff are very friendly. The facility is in good shape.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We like the nurses. The staff are friendly. Communication is excellent and they call every day. It's very clean and the meals are fantastic. However, some aides are good and some not. You have to wait 30 minutes to go to the bathroom They seem short staffed.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Rehab is going well. My mom started therapy and she had OT yesterday and it went well and PT today. She was admitted Friday night and I did not feel they had enough care over the weekend. I do not think we have had much communication. They need to contact us more often with my sister and myself. My mom does not know what is going on with her care. We have to go to the nurses.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My husband loves the meals at the facility! The facility should be very thankful to have our aide. She has been absolutely wonderful to my husband. However it is a little frustrating when the facility calls me at night and advises me to come up with a plan regarding my husband.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

This place is great! They have an actual wheelchair swing that my father and I like to do when I visit. He loves it. My father was underweight, and since coming to the facility he has put on at least 10 pounds, which he gives credit to the great meals here! The environment seems much more homey. You can see deer go by, and my father loves this. Also they are very open with the rest of the neighborhood - people are always walking by and waving. The residents feel a part of the community. They do a good job integrating the dinners and the activities. He is really working hard in therapy, gets a lot of attention from the therapy department. That has definitely helped in his progress. He really likes the cleanliness.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Overall the facility has been as good as it can be. In the assisted living, the staff is so friendly, so helpful, and it was just amazing. There have not been any phone calls or updates made at this point by the facility.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The nurses were very respectful. I felt like my loved one had to wait to go to the bathroom, and he had accidents sometimes. He had some complaints about the food. One aide who got him ready for bed was real nice.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I am happy with the way the staff keeps in touch with me.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everything was nice and good, but far from perfect. My loved one is improving in therapy. The nurses and aides are wonderful. The cleanliness is great.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Some of the coordination issues were a little lacking. The communication with the insurance to the family was a bit confusing, but my mother is fairly content there. The therapists are trying to work with her and doing what they can. The nursing care is top notch, and the nurses are excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful, but the response is not always immediate. My loved one is pleased by the staff, and it can be hard to please her. They do extra for her, and we appreciate this. The facility is very clean, and the maintenance is good outside and inside. My loved one is a tough cookie to please, and she likes the food. The communication is okay, but could be a little better with how the therapy is going. If we did not contact them, they would not contact us for updates. They are forthcoming when we contact them for information on how she is doing.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

So far we are satisfied with the facility and her care she is receiving. The facility seems to be a little dark in terms of appearance; however, it is very clean. She seems to enjoy her meals. I have received one phone call since she has arrived. There is room for improvement here in terms of reaching out to me.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everybody we have encountered have been friendly. I think it is like any healthcare place. It seems a little short staffed. When the patient has to go to the bathroom the help comes late. The therapists did a fine job today; we made progress. The nurses have been very kind with no complaints. At first, they wanted two people to help him to the bathroom and he does not understand and wants to go on his own. He just does not like how they have to get into bed, and he wants to do this by himself. I have not come in contact with the staff that much. We like [name removed]. I have no complaints about the cleanliness. My loved one loves the soup. He hardly eats anything at all. The communication is very good. [name removed] explained everything.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The therapy services are outstanding here. The staff is very communicative and keep me up to date on his care. They have reached out to me to discuss a discharge plan. They are really a great team.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

So far the experience is going well for my mother and our family. Sometimes the staff makes appointments without keeping us in the loop, so there is some miscommunication. The night nurses are excellent. I see the night shift, and they are great.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My loved one says she has to push the call bell several times before anyone comes to help. The bed is uncomfortable, but it is clean. The meals are good. The nurse and doctor both called me.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Phoebe Berks is excellent. My loved one is adjusting and they are helping her get strong faster. They seem to care and are understanding. They seem to be very good with different methods to adjust. They encourage her to get back to a normal life. They are a little understaffed. I think they do a good job. The staff are nice and helpful. She seems to like most of the food. They introduced themselves to me and called me. Communication is good. I liked the case worker and the volunteers!

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We have been to A LOT of facilities in the area. I have to say Phoebe Berks is leaps and bounds ahead of other facilities. I am so grateful that my grandmother is able to be here. When I got the call that she was going I said "Thank GOD" I am just so grateful for this facility. I do have to be pro active about communication. Just a little more communication from the facility would be great.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everything, the people, the care - it's great, we like it here. The rehab therapy is very good.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everybody I have dealt with is very nice, friendly, and helpful. One of the aides is really great. The nursing care in general is very good. The staff is really friendly too. It's very clean.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

All contact I have had with them so far has been very positive. I spoke with the nurses and social workers. They are communicative and resourceful. She is waiting for long term. They are skilled and friendly. They are all doing their job well.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The care is very good there and they keep me updated with what is going on with her. They cooperate when I call in about her. They are very pleasant and she is doing well and is improving. She likes the PT staff. They were not checking on her as often as I wanted but it has improved. It's very clean. My mom says she enjoys the food. We like the the social worker.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I like the people. They take very good care of him. He is getting bathed. They put up with him and he was not real pleasant for a while and he is more adaptable with them now. I have seen improvement from the therapy. The nurses have been very helpful. He seems to enjoy the meals.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Rehab seems to be going well. My loved one is making progress in therapy. The nurses are very attentive. There was a issue trying to get in and settled and no one was helping to get them orientated and getting information. A bit of a bad start. When I'm there, they give information.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

I do not think they helped to get to the bottom of what is going on with her. They were not quick enough to clue us in as family members with not eating. I understand they would not spoon feed her but there were indications that something was wrong. She is improving in therapy. They are all very receptive. I like one of the nurses. She says the food is bland. I like the social worker who is lovely. The director of wellness has been instrumental to help with balancing between my mother and father.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

At first it was good but it is not as good now. I kept asking for certain things like certain medication. He does not like to complain but he tells me. He had an appointment yesterday and the doctor said that is ridiculous and he gave him another prescription. I still do not know what they are doing about this issue.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They have been very nice and helpful to us.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everything is top notch. The therapists are very good. All of the areas are clean. I have had several meals with my wife, and the meals are well prepared. There are a lot of staff members who are very nice and they interact well with her.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We are very pleased. The nurses are outstanding. They keep us updated. They are never too busy to answer a question. They encourage us to ask questions and they are nothing but positive. The only downsides were just little things like things sometimes being left on the floor. My loved one's meals look delicious and smell good.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The therapists are super. My dad thinks the food is very good. The staff there have really tried to keep us informed and done good with that.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

We have found the facility very nice and the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. They do an excellent job of keeping us informed.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My loved one is enjoying it and we have had good communication with them. I would recommend Phoebe Berks to a friend.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The therapy is going really well. My loved one hasn't complained about the meals, so they must be good! The nursing care is very good and they are great about contacting me and keeping me informed regarding my loved one's care. I wish the therapy department would reach out to me a little bit more to keep me in the loop. I tend to have to reach out to them to get information.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Everything was great. When my loved one would call for the nurse it would take too long to get help sometimes. I saw one of them just walk by his room when he rang the bell for help. It is very clean.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My loved one is getting good food and care. I am happy with him there. He likes the food. I like the unit secretary, she has been very helpful.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They seem to be taking good care of my loved one and the facility is clean.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

They have a very homey environment, which is nice. The therapists did very well.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

Things were mostly good, and I would recommend it. But there is a lot of miscommunication up there. The doctors don't communicate well with each other and they don't reach out to me enough. I am not too impressed with the therapy, either. The place my loved one was before was better.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

The staff is very helpful. The food is cold though.

Review of Phoebe Berks Health Care Center

My mother complained she was not getting enough PT. There was miscommunication about the plan for her. They did not give her a special diet, even though she needs one. Some of the nurses were real nice. People did not always get back to me when I left messages.

At Phoebe Berks Health Care Center, our caring family of healthcare professionals is committed to providing high quality skilled nursing and rehabilitative care. Our services are designed for individuals needing rehabilitation following an illness, surgery or injury. We aim to restore original ability levels and prepare patients for independent living.

Our short term rehab wing is designed to meet patient’s needs with a comfortable, home-like space that helps you to focus on healing.