Parsons House Preston Hollow - Dallas, TX

Preston Hollow Assisted Living and Memory Care Community is conveniently located on Northwest Highway near Midway, close to shopping, entertainment, and medical facilities. We provide a community of care and support within the privacy of individual apartments. Month to month leases plus a variety of personal care services offered at Preston Hollow enables individuals to create their own lifestyle and, in turn allows us to meet their needs as changes occur. Our secured access memory care residence offers families peace of mind that their loved one is safe, yet allows residents unrestricted access to gated outdoor patios, walking paths, and gardens.

I liked this place a lot. It was small (small dinning area) and not so big and overwhelming as it could be with older loved ones transitioning from their home.

A pleasant tour!

I also touredPArsons House Preston Hollow, and everyone there was nice and welcoming. They took me around the facility and it appeared to be clean. It was a nice place, but not the best for for my mother.

attitude of the staff has been really good

At Parsons House Preston Hollow I am pleased with the overall condition and appearance of the facility. The general attitude of the staff has been really good. There have been a few hiccups of staff forgetting some things but that is to be expected some. Overall the experience has been good.

Toured on Friday, 8/22. Nic...

Toured on Friday, 8/22. Nice place, more expensive than Bethesda Gardens. Only has 2 care professionals on duty at one time. Not sure if they can handle care of 40 residents. Dining staff separate from care staff so that may help. Clean facility.

smaller with good reviews; ...

smaller with good reviews; I like this one***

My experience at the Parsons House Preston Hollow

My mother and father-in-law are current residences of the Parsons House, and they have been there for about three months. One is in assisted living and one is in the memory care unit. Mine own mother is in another elder care facility in their memory care unit, and she has been there for four plus years; however, my experiences with both facilities have been quite different.

Even though the Parson House may not have all the decorative "bells and whistles" in the common areas that other facilities have, the homey feeling of the facility makes up for that in spades. It just feels more like a home, not an apartment building or hotel.

Currently, I pay just about the same amount of money per month for my mother, who's in the fancier place, as I pay for both of my in-laws at the Parsons House so it has been a great bang for the buck. I also feel my in-laws are getting over-all better care than my mother receives. I would move her to the Parsons House, but she is in the latter stages of her dementia and it's not worth making such a big change.

My husband and I have actually gotten to know several of the care givers on a first name basis a first name basis at Parsons. The Parsons staff doesn't seem to change over as rapidly as the other elder care facility which is comforting to us and our parents. I never know who is caring for my own mother from day to day......I'm not to keen on that.

The management is wonderful at Parsons House as it's run by a husband and wife team and they are very "hands on" where as the more expensive facility where my mother is, is run much more corporately making problems and concerns more difficulty to resolve.

All in all, I have been very happy with the Parsons House Preston Hollow and have recommended it to others looking for a great elder care experience.

Parsons House Preston Hollow is home!

Parsons House Preston Hollow on Northwest Highway in Dallas is a small Assisted Living and Memory Care facility, with about 60 apartments, and as of 2014 has approximately 45 residents. The House is small enough to feel like "home." Numerous common areas: dining room, living areas, game room/library, room for chair exercises and lectures, beauty salon. Because this is a smaller facility, there are not as many amenities; however, the residents get more personal attention from the staff than provided in large facilities.

All employees are friendly and professional. They seem to love the residents!

The food is served as a set menu, but the chef makes substitutions for resident preferences. The meals I have eaten there as a guest are delicious.

Apartments range from 300 to 500+ square feet. The nursing staff monitors the resident's abilities and adjusts the care levels as necessary.

Your loved one will not get lost in the crowd at Parsons House.

Would recommend Parsons House to others

My parents chose here primarily because of the staff and the proximity to their home. To be honest, in the beginning things were very good, but then for about 2 weeks we had an issue with two employees that were dropping the ball on insurance stuff and doctor's appointments. Those employees were terminated and we've come full circle. The problem has been resolved and we haven't had any more issues which is why I'd be comfortable recommending Parsons House.

Nice, but not within my budget. Mana...

Nice, but not within my budget. Management was nice but aloof.

Loved it. NW Hwy and Midway. about ...

Loved it. NW Hwy and Midway. about 4k mo. nice room with great view. next to TV room. Took her to see this. She really liked it. In the top running.

liked very much. will return at s...

liked very much. will return at some time