Not a good first experience to memory care for dad

I felt it to be a bit cold and unclean. The director seemed to be overwhelmed. The residents were everywhere and not enough one on one care. To many wheelchairs and not enough stimulation happening. Felt sterile without warmth.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

throw your money away

The regular staff is great though overworked and underpaid IMO.

At the contract signing we were assured by senior staff that when my Mother's money ran out there would be no trouble to go on Medicaid.

Guess what? All of a sudden when my mother's money is down to about 6 months and after about 70,000.00 there's no medicaid beds and they don't have any idea that there ever will be.

Good at taking your money and when that's gone so are you.

Sometimes They Don't Seem To Care

I moved my loved one here for respite care, and I thought they did a good job, so I changed over to permanent, long term care. Now, things are not good. Sometimes, the staff just don't seem to care. My loved one has had several falls since arriving, and they really don't do anything about it because they are not allowed to retrain or hold residents. I told them I would sign whatever they wanted, that I just wanted my loved one safe, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. He has skin issues and cuts that he didn't have before, and he has been missing clothing and things for weeks now. I worry, because I feel like I never know what to expect when I visit.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Parkside Manor has not lived up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we address your concerns to make this right, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Respectful, Kind Staff

There are things about Parkside Manor that are very good, but there are also things that need improvement. Some of the staff is amazingly attentive and caring. The team is quick to address the issues we’ve had. The director is kind and knowledgeable, and we’ve enjoyed working with her. I find that the families and residents are treated respectfully. Staff genuinely seem happy to see family when they come to visit; they know residents by name, and are always gentle and kind. I think they need more staff on each shift in order to more carefully supervise the residents. My grandfather has had 6 falls while he’s been there, and once, they sent him to the hospital without telling us. (Part of his falling is due to having broken his hip just prior to moving in to the community and not realizing his own limitations) Communication is an area in which they need to continue to improve. We have struggled to be kept in the loop about things and sometimes it seems like they are not all aware of the same things. Overall, while we have had some issues here - partly due to normal adjustments of him being in a facility and giving them time to get to know him and his rhythms - I feel like they are working with us to make a difficult situation (dementia) better and to improve our family's experience at Parkside Manor.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your review! If you find that you have questions or concerns about any aspect of care, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director at Parkside Manor.

Nice Tour

Parkside Manor is a lovely community. The landscaping is beautiful and well-kept. They gave a nice presentation of what they could offer the residents. We had to choose another community that that was a better fit for our loved one.

An Open and Nice Community

I am comfortable and confident with my mom being here and she is doing well. Since she is in a wheelchair, it is very easy for her to get around. The set up is great and open all through the community. She is eating the meals and socializing in the dining room. She was barely eating at her last community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here at Parkside Manor!

Outstanding

We like this community but was not as nice as we wanted. The staff was nice and they have a lot to offer. The menu and the activities would have been offered. We would of like this community but it was more than what we could do at the time. We would recommend others to this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your feedback!

Kind and Caring

My mom has been at Parkside for several months now.

Best things about Parkside:

1. The staff are understanding, patient and really seem to like my mom, which is hard sometimes.

2. The food is great and as that's a high point of my mom's life it's a plus.

3. It's a pretty facility with emphasis on caring for the residents.

My mom seems happy as it's possible for her to be in her condition. I love the staff there.

Time and Patience

I like this community very much. This is a community with excellent staff and are caring to all of the residents. this is a clean community and I like knowing that they take care of the grounds. I like knowing that she is offered to do activites with the other residents. I am happy to know that they work with the residents on being active. I would highly recommend this community for outstanding care for families.

SLC Midwest

Thanks so very much for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your recommendation of our community to others.

Care and patience

My mon is at this community. The staff are nice and the community is clean and maintained. I like the variety of me menu that is served. They offer alot of nice activiites that she enjoys at times. This community has alot to offer and other families should tour the community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review; we appreciate your feedback and your confidence in us! Our goal is to provide the best experience possible for our residents and families, so if there are specific areas of concern that prevent us from receiving 5 stars, please don't hesitate to contact our Executive Director at the community phone number. Thanks!

Excellent choice for supportive living with memory care

We arranged for our sister-in-law to move in. All of the people we've worked with there have been very helpful and friendly through the entire process. They seem to have quite a few activities to try and keep the residents stimulated. The facility seems quite clean although a little worn.

Our sister-in-law's family were her animals. She was able to keep one cat (so far anyway).

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're delighted that your sister-in-law is enjoying her new home!

Best for my mom

Very caring staff and clean surroundings. I just wished I moved my mom here sooner while she was still able to enjoy all that they offer in activities. The staff is top notch and trained well. Would recommend to anyone wishing to place a loved one with memory problems.

Still adjusting but things are going well

My mother moved here recently and so far things are going okay.She still misses home but she is adjusting and getting involved in activities. I have noticed they don't always have enough staff on hand. I rang the call button once and it took them 11 minutes to respond.I don't think that is fast enough in an emergency.

Spoke with rep on the phone. Strictly memory care. They referred me to their sister facility in Kenosha, The Addison, which is AL and MC.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for reaching out to our memory care community. Our goal is to offer excellent customer service. If the referral to a community that offers more than memory care was not to your liking, please feel free to reach out and we will happily offer other suggestions.

Tender Loving Care!!

The Parkside Manor has been a great move for my mother. The place is always clean and tidy. The room she is in is comfortable and also always maintained very clean. When my mother first moved in, she told me the meals were good and hasn't had any complaints since then. Every time I visit, the place has a clean smell to it. The community offers a variety of activities such as watercolor painting, shows, and games. My one complaint is how strict they are with their seating arrangements. Other than that I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

SLC Midwest

We are very glad to hear how happy you and your mother are with becoming a part of the Parkside Manor family. I am sorry to hear that your mother is concerned about the assigned seating. We try to match residents up with others that will provide an engaging and satisfying dining experience. We are always open to finding alternative seating as your mother wishes. Please feel free to meet with our Programming Director or myself to discuss alternative seating. Thank you for taking the time to post an online review and we look forward to many years of being your extended family. We look forward to hearing from you. April Shaeffer, Executive Director, and you can reach me at [removed].

No Problems With this Community

My mother is doing pretty well here at this community. The community looks nice and well maintained. They have a good staff, and they are caring for her very well. I haven't had any problems with this community. Everything has worked out very well. Overall she is being cared for well, and I would recommend it.

They are caring for mother very well at this community. It is a very well maintained community. Her room and the facility is nice and clean. The staff is nice, they have been pretty helpful and accommodating. She is trying many new activities. The food is good, but they aren't really good at accommodating her diabetic diet. I know she is safe and receiving good care. I would recommend this facility.

Would not recommend

My grandmother has been living at Parkside Manor for about 3 months now, and we out very disappointed with the facility. She has dementia as well as Parkinson's disease, and has not been given her medication on more than one occasion. Keep in mind this is a memory care facility. With the exception of a few wonderful staff members, it seems every time we visit most of the staff members are just hanging out talking to each other, rather than taking care of patients. I personally have had to help residents because no one else was paying attention. We have also been lied to about the frequency of showers my grandmother receives, when it was apparent that the shower has not been touched. Same goes for the brushing of her teeth. She has had numerous items of clothing or linen go missing (they are all labeled with her name) and no effort has been made to find them. Recently, we found that the staff were using one of my grandma's own pillow cases to cover her catheter bag, and when brought to their attention, they were extremely rude about the situation. If this wasn't enough, we walked into her room to find and open container of urine sitting on her dresser, 3 feet from her bed. Who knows how long it had been sitting there. I'm sorry, but that is highly unprofessional and disgusting. It seems that decent care and cleanliness is not too much to ask for when paying a generous amount each month. It's a shame that my mother feels like a bother when asking for my grandmother to be better cared for. Although a few of the staff members are phenomenal and very caring, it is very apparent that many of the workers do not enjoy being there. I am very disappointed in the care we are receiving in such a high ranked facility.

SLC Midwest

My name is David Troy, Operations Specialist, and I wanted to thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback based on your experience. At Parkside Manor, we take pride in the comfort and care we offer the residents, and we use this valuable feedback to grow and enhance our training to improve the services your loved one deserves. We take all comments and concerns very seriously, and I would invite you to reach out to me directly at [removed] or by phone at [removed] should you have any additional input you feel we should know. Thank you again, David Troy.

Caring staff, and good food!

I think they do an excellent job overall at Parkside Manor, I really can't say enough good things about them! The place is beautiful, the staff is friendly, and the food is delicious! It's a little far from my family, but it's been worth the extra travel time! My one complaint would be that I think they could use another CNA or two on staff, but otherwise things have been wonderful!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your complimentary review. Parkside Manor is driven to be “best in class”, striving to provide not only quality services and care to our residents, but to delight our families and visitors as well! We will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team. I would like to learn more about your concerns related to our staffing as our entire team is committed to serving our residents and families who have entrusted us with care of a loved one. Please call me, Sarah Searles, the Executive Director, at [removed] to share more information about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you!

Did not Provide Level of Care Promissed

We did not have a positive experience at Parkside. Our mother who was suffering from alzheimer's had a private room there. We visited and evaluated many care facilities prior to choosing Parkside. Although the facility presented itself well during the evaluation stage, it did not provide the level of care that was promised as they were under staffed and some of the staff lacked basic compassion for the patient. We had multiple incidents where the level of care was mediocre at best. When we confronted the staff they reacted and expressed regrets but the problems persisted.

I would encourage anyone considering these type of care facilities for their loved ones to do their homework, ask lots of questions, and have at least one unscheduled visit before before making a decision.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We are disappointed to learn that your loved one did not have a better experience while residing at Parkside Manor, but we appreciate that you shared your concerns so that we can improve. The entire team at Parkside Manor strives to provide the best quality services and care available for our residents. We take your concerns very seriously and are committed to serving our residents and families who have entrusted us with care of a loved one. Please call me, Sarah Searle the Executive Director, at [removed] to share more information about how we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve the quality of our services going forward.

We have only been here a little over a month.
I am extremely pleased how in a short time my Mother has blossomed and become so verbal and part of this community.

It's been very good.

It's been very good. The staff is pretty good. They keep the activities going. My loved one is very happy with the food. The staff is helpful. We like that the shower was in the room, as opposed to down the hall like some places we looked at.

excellent staff, very caring and attentive.

Parkside manor- great facility!!!

Parkside Manor is a great facility with an amazing staff, quality care, and all around welcoming atmosphere. The staff truly cares about the residents and are always willing to go the extra mile to make the residents and family members comfortable. I would highly recommend this facility to those looking for a new home for their loved ones.

so wonderful to work with us

Parkside Manor is going really well. The only thing lacking is the food. My sister is so young and she is used to vegetables that aren't over cooked and more salads. They are really open to working with us though to make it best suited to her needs. Her apartment is beautiful and feels so much like home. They were so wonderful to work with us. Even in her daily routine they have worked outside of the box to keep her engaged.

No improvements needed

There are no improvements they need. I like the willingness of the staff and they how they interact with the residents and their family

commitment to the residents

I would give Parkside Manor seven stars if I could! At this facility they have a real commitment to the residents. The staff doesn't view it as a job but as if they are family. I truly appreciate this attention to service. It really makes the whole process wonderful.

A Fantastic Job

I think what they do really well is they listen to the family to try and determine what the best needs are for the individual. The speak with the resident as well so they get their perspective too. They seem to do a good job of integrating the needs of both in providing a care and communication plan. They seem to do a really good job at keeping you abreast with anything you should know about your loved one.

I have been very impressed with everything..

I have been very impressed with everything. I have been particularly impressed with the security. They have been doing great on keeping the residents safe and secure. Everything has been going fantastic so far. The parking is good as well. I haven't had any problems with the parking. I am just really pleased with the Parkside Manor. I would recommend this community to anyone. It has been an excellent experience.

Our Stay at Parkside Manor

My husband was really disoriented and in bad condition. As you might guess, as his wife, I was very concerned and worried about finding the appropriate place for him to live and get good care. I didn't know what to do, I'd never looked for a care facility before.

The minute I stepped inside, I was greeted by someone at the desk. She made me comfortable right away. Next I had a tour. After bringing my children for yet another tour, we arranged for my husband to move in. Working with Rachel was another very positive aspect of Parkside. She knew how to answer all my questions.

The caregivers are wonderful. They knew just how to speak with him, and what to do and say when it was time for his meds.

The meals are wonderful. They have a chef. The tables are set beautifully, they use cloth napkins instead of paper, usually there is a small centerpiece on the table as well. Most days there is a second option for the main course, and the food is beautifully presented and tasty. After all mealtime is the most important part of the day.

Everything that is done at Parkside, is done with both the patient and their family in mind. Before you realize it, you feel like you are a part of their big family.

After 10 months, my husband was well enough to leave the facility and move to an assisted living establishment. It was difficult to make the decision to leave, because we liked everything about Parkside. His improvement was due to the wonderful staff and their careful attention to his medical needs. We cried when we walked out the door for the last time.

Parkside Manor is the "cadillac" of memory units. Thank you Parkside!

wonderful place!

Parkside Manor is a wonderful place! They have someone sitting with my husband all the time so he is never really left alone. When I come in they get up and leave so I can visit with him. They also all remember my name and have gotten to know me personally as well. They are just very caring.

warm and friendly

i toured this community for my mother-in-law, and was very impressed. It was a saturday, but lots of activity going on. One staff member was playing the piano and residents were enjoying themselves. It was near lunch and tables in dining area had tablecloths and kitchen staff greeted me as well. I felt very welcome. I observed staff talking to residents and families, just a warm and friendly environment. I will bring my mother-in-law back to see for herself.

Not suitable at this time. Eric does not need memory care yet.

Easing the stress,

Their compassion for the residents was first rate. And their willingness to work with the famliy to make the experience less stessful was really appreciate.

Great cookies

They definitely feel like they were doing more than just a job – they seemed like they genuinely cared about the residents. They definitely make caring for people the top priority. The chef made us some cookies that were delicious.

A very nice place

They're a very good community. My loved one is having a difficult time adjusting and settling in, but the staff here are very kind to her, and always caring and patient. The care they provide is good, and they are worth a look if you are looking into memory care options.

Very clean, all residents d...

Very clean, all residents dressed and out in the common area. The ones that were not the staff knew exactly why and what they were doing. Friendly staff. No Rn on 2nd or 3rd shift which is a problem for my father who has a feeding tube. If the tube comes out I think this is a very good option for us.

Extremely clean, very secur...

Extremely clean, very secure, 3 meals a day, both father-in-law and mother-in-law can be in same room a plus. 9.5 out of ten

Large and High Care Level

Very nice, but more hospital-like situation. It might be better for my mom in the future, but it is a little too much for her right now. My preference is a smaller community, and Parkside Manor is a larger set up. They do provide a high level of care. I liked all the activities and they made sure that people would attend. My mom can't make her own decisions and they helped with that.

They Need More Staff

The cost is pretty high but the care is where I have problems. Sometimes I think it could be better. They have enough activities if they want to participate but unfortuantely my husband doesn't want to. I think they could get more help so they could take care of the residents better and give them more attention. I looked at other places and I went with this one because I thouhgt the cost was more reasonable and it was bigger.

Incredible place for the re...

Incredible place for the residents they serve. My father is not at that level yet but if he was, they tend to the clients very well

Private room $5625, Semi-private $450...

Private room $5625, Semi-private $4500 plus Level 1 $930, Level 2 $1275, Level 3 $1640 & Level 4 $1945.

Parkside Manor Alzheimer's/Memory Care and Assisted Living, located in Kenosha WI, is also known as the Gateway to Wisconsin. Kenosha is located on the shores of Lake Michigan and home to two top universities.

With large private and semi-private suites complete with private bathrooms, walk-in showers, wall safes, kitchenettes with refrigerator; Parkside Manor also offers individualized healthcare plans, along with 24/7 supervision by a nurse and nursing assistants in a secured building that includes activity stations and an outdoor walking path and sensory gardens. At Parkside Manor Alzheimer's/Memory Care and Assisted Living, families will find hope, relief, and peace of mind knowing that their loved one is being cared for in a state-of-the-art retirement care community that specializes in Alzheimer’s and memory impairment care.

CRL specializes in operating and managing innovative senior residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. We meet the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer’s/memory impairment care communities. At Parkside Manor, it’s all about Caring, Dignity and Family through healthcare innovation!

Housing Type Alzheimer's, Memory Care and Assisted Living, short term Respite available