Park Manor of South Belt - Houston, TX

Park Manor of South Belt - Houston, TX has yet not published prices.

Our staffing ratio ranges from 8-10 patients per nurse aide & registered RN and LVN. At Park Manor of South Belt, we not only offer long term care, but if your mother was to ever need skilled nursing we offer that as well. For example, if Mother was to have a decline in her current condition we could provide rehab in house. We have a full time team of physical, occupation, and speech therapists available for her needs. We also have a full time wound care nurse & team if ever needed.

Would recommend

My father just spent 7 weeks here. Overall the caregivers and physical therapy were great. Areas to improve: losing patient's clothes (even if you wash the clothes, label everything), raise the quality of the linens, (too many frayed hems and holes) and make sure patients aren't left in their beds to sleep away the day if they are there for the rehab side.
There is no separate activity area, just one large dining room and everyone eats together. If your family member has all their mental faculties, it can be a little sad to see those who don't.
When dad wasn't having therapy or eating, nothing was done to keep him alert or active. I realize places like this are always short staffed, so stay very involved with the staff for the best experience.

Quality Care!!

If you are reading this as a caregiver, trying to make the excruciating decision regarding who to trust with the life of your parent, please know that I UNDERSTAND.
You can be confident in your decision to place your loved one in this facility. No place is perfect, but with open lines of communication, this facility gives it their all.
The only issue for me was that I lived on the other side if town and recently moved my mom to be closer to me. Big mistake. I didn't realize how great we had it there.
You can feel comfortable with your loved one being in the care and capable hands of Park Manor of South Belt.

Good communication, but understaffed.

Both my in laws and one of my parents had spent some time here rehabing and it was very good. It was a good experience, we experienced it about 4 or 5 years ago and then probably maybe about a year ago with my father in law but they were always very positive. It's close to us and that was always nice, never really anything bad every happened. Sometimes the response time is slow but in my opinion every facility is understaffed with aids. If there's one aid to sixteen residents you are going to experience a slow response time but I think they did the best the can. They always had regular meetings with the family to evaluate on both sides so the communication was good.