Courtyards at Pasadena - Pasadena, TX

Courtyards at Pasadena - Pasadena, TX has yet not published prices.

• Short Term Rehab
  • Respiratory Therapist

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one has been satisfied with everything. It is quieter than other facilities she has been to before. The therapists in the rehab area are respectful and work within her limits. Communication needs a little work but they are very helpful and eager to please. So far it has been fine. The nurse is thorough and communication is good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My mom talks about their nursing care all the time. She's a former nurse and says the nurses at Courtyards are better than what she had in the hospital. It's immaculate. The dining room looks like the dining hall out of a hotel. On the weekends, there seems to be a drop off on the quality of the food, but that's a minor complaint. They called me to let me know the day before they took her to a doctor's appointment.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

We had such an excellent experience at Courtyards! They had very good communication throughout her stay.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

She seems to like it. They've been pretty good so far. They are great. She can't do a lot of things on her own. She says they're prompt on helping. It's very clean. I've looked over her menu and she said the food has been very good. They're doing really good at assisting her eating. They were going to lower one of her medications and they called me right away to ask if that was okay.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

They have been very kind and they keep my loved one clean.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Overall, we had a great experience! It was very clean in the hallways and my brother's room was okay. When I saw my loved one, he was unattended. I asked them to help me and they did. His son and his wife had a problem with a nurse. They waited more than an hour for help. They were gossiping with each other. We did not get any updates from them. They need to improve their communication.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The rehab is very good. The staff is friendly when you get help. The meals are lacking.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Everything is run smoothly here. We came back here because the therapy is good. The physical therapist and occupational therapist are very attentive to what my wife needs are and to make it better for her. I am always asking and I do not wait for them to tell me. They answer my questions.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It's almost perfect. The staff friendliness is good. The restroom areas could be cleaner. They could improve on communication. When I call I don't get the proper response. It's not bad, but it could be better.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It's okay. Yesterday and the day before she said she's in a lot of pain after her sessions, but the rehab therapy is really good. She doesn't like the food. Sometimes I bring her food from home or buy her a taco. There's not a lot of variety and my mom is so picky. Their communication is good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

There was one incident my mother had with a licensed placement nurse. The rest of the staff has really been friendly. It is very clean. That is something that they do an excellent job with. It never has any foul smell. They have been good when I ask for information but I do have to be proactive about it.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The aides do not come around as often as they should when I visit. My loved one has mentioned that the nurses could listen to her more when it comes to the care but I am not sure if they are just doing what is best for her. This pertains to a medication she is taking. The facility looks fine. I read in the reviews about the smell of urine but I have not had that issue at all here. The floor in her room could get a little more attention. My loved one likes to eat healthy foods. I do not think they offer that here. I saw a few meals and I do not think they looked too bad.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

We've used Courtyards at Pasadena for rehab a number of times. This time, with her in the long-term care side, has been a different experience. They are working to improve it. The staff friendliness was excellent! There have been a number of nurses who have gone above and beyond but they don't wear name badges. She is a very picky eater. They were not meeting her dietary needs. Timeliness is a miss, thoroughness is a success with their communication.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

I'm very dissatisfied. They lost some of her required medication and they couldn't get it back. They didn't do anything she needed for her protocols. The smell hits you when you walk in and sticks in the back of your throat.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The facility was a pretty place. Communication was okay.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff has been very accessible. The communication has been very fantastic. They even call me about the concerns they have for my father. They have also been dealing with my father who is dealing with memory issues. Mom sings the praises of every tech she has had! One day there was a tray in her room just swarmed with gnats. They said that the previous resident had a lot of plants, but they took care of it. Everything we have eaten has been great. I like the fact that it feels more like a restaurant than an institution.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The day staff is good, but the night staff is not. They don't change her clothes. They serve all the food with the windows wide open, so anything can get the food. The food isn't that good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The administration is excellent! The staff is very informative. The nurses are excellent! Cleanliness was alright, but when we arrived the room was not swept or ready.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Overall, my loved one's stay was excellent!

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

One of the nurse aides' and LVN are very good and sweet. Cleanliness is fine. The rooms could use more attention. The floor mainly. The meals are a lot of hot dogs, chili dogs, and corn dogs. Communication is fine except it's very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone, especially at night.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Overall, my experience was alright.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The nurses are trying to be good. I know my mother is not the best patient. My loved one has had a lot of problems there. Her arm is bruised and when I go there she is laying on one side and that is not good. It takes two to three hours to get pain meds. The phone and call button is on the nightstand and she cannot reach it. They are trying to get better with my mother. Communication is not the best. When I call there it takes 10 to 15 minutes to connect or they do not always answer the phone.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

I talked to the staff and they are pretty friendly. The whole building is clean. As old as that building is, I was surprised at how clean that place is! It doesn't have the nursing home smell! My sister likes all of the food. There is a caseworker that is overstepping her boundaries. The caseworker thinks they she can evaluate my sister. I told the caseworker that they need to go through me first. To be honest, the therapists did a good job given the circumstances.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff is amazing. They're very helpful and very caring. We are very happy with the facility. They are such amazing people. My mom is always talking about them. They are very sweet. The housekeeping is always on point when I get there. My mom enjoys the food. When the nurse didn't have an answer for me, she actually went out and evaluated the situation and came back with an answer for me.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The ladies at the front desk have been especially friendly. The meals have gone well. The communication is very good.

It has been great.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one talks kindly about the staff. She eats in the cafeteria, and it's nice. The doctor called to tell me she was in the hospital.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

They really all have been friendly, from the admissions to the Medicare counselors. They are very helpful. It is very clean!

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It is clean. There are some Spanish speakers at the facility, which helps.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The nurses that are on the floor seem to be very caring and look out for the patients as far as I can tell. All of the staff has been helpful! The food seems to be good. They have very good communication!

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

They answer my questions.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It was extremely dirty in the room when I visited. There was a puddle of urine. I had to get housekeeping and they said it was the nurses' job to handle the urine. I was not impressed at all with what I saw. A businesswoman tried to get me to sign papers, and when I questioned it, she was rude. She said we were going to discuss the admission and she lied. The people when I got past the business office listened and were attentive. They were a lot better.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

I think it's okay. My loved one is very hard to take care of, and they are good with putting up with him.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The people have been pretty good. They have been very helpful. The nurses are very helpful. One has done everything I asked him to do. He is very helpful. The cleanliness is excellent. I have not gotten any communication.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one is very pleased and they all seem very concerned. They all do their jobs well. I have had a few conversations at the nurses' station and they answered my questions. The aides are great. It is very clean. His room is well kept and the floors are obviously vacuumed every night. He said the spaghetti today was especially good. He is doing well, and I can tell by his attitude they are doing a good job. He has not had one complaint.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It is great. The quality of care is great, and the aides are great with making the patients feel great. They are caring and patient. The nurses provide quality care with the way they attend to the patients. It is clean. The meals are not so great.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It's been great. My loved one enjoys the staff there. They are very attentive. The nursing care has been great. The cleaning is great. It's a very tidy facility. The communication is excellent.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff is good. The cleaning is very good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It is great overall, but there is a language barrier.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The people I have talked to have been very cordial. One of the CNAs is the sweetest and wonderful. She sat with us and reassured us. She made my mom feel good. She is very caring and considerate. The housekeeping staff is very polite and cordial, as well. The nurses have been calling and staying in touch with me. We have very good communication.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff is awesome. The care has been great. One CNA is always attentive to my mom's needs. One person gave my mom a lot of information and was concerned about her care. It is taking a little longer for the aide to come. A few times the cleanliness on the weekends was not there. There was urine on the bathroom floor. She has to go outside the property to smoke. They asked her if she wants a medication she does not need. My mom is not a happy camper with the food. I always have to bring her food. I have to call them and they do not call me. They do answer my questions.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The nurses are doing alright. It is pretty clean. My loved one has not had the therapy that we thought he would have yet. All they got him to eat was some small eggs. The communication is pretty good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The therapy is excellent. The food is not too great.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Everything was pretty good overall. The food was pretty standard. There was an issue at first with the meds, but it was worked out. There were a few issues I did not understand. She had no TV for five days. They needed more entertainment. There was a strong urine smell in the hallways.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The nurses take too long to respond to my loved one, and she has a language barrier with the staff.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The therapy staff is great. They have one nurse to 20 patients, so it's not the care my mother should have. If your meal is taken to your room, it's cold. If I don't ask a question, I'm not told. I greet and speak with the staff instead of them speaking out to me.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one says they treat him okay. He doesn't like the food at all.

Courtyards of Pasadena

Staff is very unprofessional as soon as you walk in especially the secretary vey rude always hanging out with boyfriend [name removed] is really nice. Not sure who runs the place management very unprofessional i still don’t know who is in charge of anything around there. There aides who change and clean after the patient are thugs loud and always eating my moms food. Facility is very clean cleaning crew does well also. The rehab physical therapy department is real nice and good. Food is not good at all for patients I expected better for the amount they charge. Billing department doesn’t have a clue either always sending wrong statements then they want to go back and charge for 3 months back wow. Great job [name removed] and [name removed] special people also. I would not return there if I had to do it all over again.

Run away

An absolute toilet. I showed up unexpected on Christmas day to find my mother laying in her own feces, dead skin all over the floor, covered in scabies, food rotting on her table. I pulled her out the next day and had her treated. Thank god my mother didnt have to suffer another day in that pit. Watched her 6 pm med nurse come in a 9 pm and leave my mother meds on the table and walk out. Mom dropped one pill on the floor and another in diaper. None of her belongings were out, no remote for the TV. Literally in a room with nothing. Vultures even had the nerve to charge my credit card after I pulled her out. If you love your parent, run away from this place as quick as you can!!!!!

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one is doing well. Everything is clean. They come to see what he wants, and even if he does not call, they check on him. They are patient and nice to him here. We are very happy here. He loves the therapy and is doing really well. The nurses are very nice and courteous.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It was not dirty. The food and communication were good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The therapy is excellent and the staff is very nice and thorough. They explain in detail what they will do and what the goals are for the patient. The nurses helped with changes in the meds, and they were given on time with the doctor's instructions. The staff is great and really caring and polite and respectful to my dad. Everyone here is really friendly. We have not had any issues with the cleanliness. Any questions we have asked they have communicated and they keep it private. My dad didn't like the food at first, but we spoke with the nutritionist, and she was very thorough with us. We were able to get the menu submitted in time.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It was such a great experience. This time around, I would definitely recommend the facility to a friend!

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

They do take care of my mom. We had to bring some issues to their attention. There was garbage on the floor because no one was emptying the trash.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It's going well. The nursing is okay. They do well at communicating with us.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

I like that my mom has a private room and the facility is nice and clean. The food seems okay. There have been a few times where she soaked through the diaper she was in. They seem friendly enough, but my mom says they are rude.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one says the therapy is going well. The facility is pretty clean. The environment and everything looks clean, but it is hot on the rehab side of the building. I have no complaints, but she is displeased with hearing the staff is unhappy with her. They told her she's too demanding. She needs assistance with normal things, like wanting the blinds shut, and it seems to be a big bother for the staff on shift. She doesn't know why they are unhappy with her. Every time I visit, she doesn't know what's going on. She asks me questions, but they aren't talking with her. They just are not communicating with her.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

They explained everything very well and answered all of my questions. I did not feel rushed. It was a good process. The nurses are able to provide information when we are there. I like one nurse who is quick to provide information and does not turn me away. We liked the admissions person. It is fairly clean. The building is pretty decent. My loved one is on a specific diet, and her food is bland.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

So far, everything is going well with the facility. We had one incident that raised some concern regarding changing him on time; however, the staff are very friendly, and they have far exceeded my expectations in terms of keeping me informed about his care. It is very clean. There is not a smell. The nurses are not as responsive as they could be.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

I visited one time, and I was very pleased. Everything was great!

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one seems to be happy with the experience so far. The nurses are nice. He is very happy with the meals. He likes everyone on the staff.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

The place seems to be adequately staffed, there's always someone available. The staff seems to be very cheerful. I've not run into anybody who is grumpy. They also seem to be very motivated and work well together. Everything in rehab therapy looks fine so far, and we've been pleased with what we've seen. We have had difficulty getting my wife's medications delivered on time. She's in a lot of pain, and the delay in medication is not acceptable. The facility can get a little messy on the weekends, but that's to be expected. The meals are not very appetizing or visually appealing, but it's institutional food, and we don't expect it to be gourmet. They don't have menus to choose meals from; you just get whatever they make. The director of food services is very nice and worked with us to get my wife's dietary needs met.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

So far, everything is going well at the facility. My only concern is my loved one being able to get his medication.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

The rehab therapy is very good. The facility is very clean. The people are free to roam all over the place, and someone opened the door to his room. It is not monitored like it should be. The nurses are fine. They were supposed to check on him every 2 hours, and this is not happening per the selling point they gave us. The meals are lacking. He went there after a medical procedure, and he needs a special diet. The head chef does not take that into mind. They serve what they serve. Communication has been good.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff and doctors are very helpful. We like my loved one's nurse. We like the social worker. She is great and helpful. It seems nice and clean in the dining area.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one is enjoying the meals here. The food is better than hospital food, but not as good as home cooked meals. The staff are helpful, but when she uses the call light, it takes a very long time to get care.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

The housekeeping people are a little bit overworked. My loved one is not getting enough time with the rehab therapists. It takes a long time to get a hold of a nurse on the phone. It is very difficult to get through to anyone on the phone. The doctor will call occasionally for updates. I get transferred or disconnected at times. Other people have recliners, and I have asked repeatedly for a recliner or if I could stay in the room with my loved one, and they have not accommodated us. I want to stay at night and make sure he receives good care, and I am unable to do this. The bathroom is not clean. The shower is not kept clean. They do not come daily to clean the room or mop floor. I've had trouble getting his bed made at times.

Review of The Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one had an appointment the other day. The specialist was not in her network for the insurance. It was not good.

Review of Courtyards of Pasadena

It is good. The staff is attentive and the facility is clean. The social worker is very good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

My loved one enjoys it here. The meals are very good. The staff is very good at keeping me informed. It's pretty clean.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Everything is going very well at this facility. We have had a much better experience here than the other place we were. It has been very smooth for the most part. The staff is very friendly. It's such a clean place. The meals are good. The staff is good at keeping me informed.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The facility is clean and they are nice and organized. The therapy is good and my loved one is improving. The nurses are good.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It is good. My loved one likes it there and there are no problems so far. She said she is doing okay with the therapy. They keep her room clean. They do call me if she leaves to go the doctor and they call me when she returns to the facility.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

They take really good care of my loved one. All of the staff is very nice.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff is very professional and kind. They keep me informed about my medications and the plan. Everything is good, but they take an hour to respond to the call light. It is mostly clean here. The meals are okay.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Things have been fine. They made sure to call to let me about giving my loved one a new medication. Over the weekend it seems there is less staff.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The employees are great and the care is great. My wife has special needs and they spend a lot of time doing that for her. The nurses are great. The meals are okay.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The rehab therapy is pretty good. The cleanliness is great. The meals are good. The people are not too friendly or professional. The attitude of the nurses could be improved. Overall the staff is not helpful and not friendly. When I ask questions, I receive blank stares from the staff. No smiles. They just call to set up appointments for my loved one, but I get no calls as far as just checking in with me to tell me how he is doing. It would be nice if they could do this every couple of days.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff was friendly. The meals were fine. I do not think they were changing my loved one enough.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

Everybody was friendly. They seemed very busy. The bathroom was not totally clean.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

It's okay. When my loved one asks the nurses to get him some water with ice, and they bring him just a bucket with ice. Other than that, it's fine. I don't know whether his food is tailored to the proper diet. They should be aware that he needs special food.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

I do have a couple of complaints, but most of all it is pretty good. The night shift takes forever to come help.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The nursing is way understaffed, which impacts care. Some specific directions by both the doctor and myself have been neglected by the nurses. Also the staff is not very attentive to the call lights and responding quickly. The therapy is going well. The food is okay as far as this kind of food goes. They could use a lot of improvement on communication. It would be nice to get more phone calls as well as being aware of where she is at in terms of her care is going. When I ask question after question, I seem to get "I don't know" as the response.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

At the beginning, they took too long to help my loved one after she pushed the button for pain medication. It took from one-anda-half to two-and-a-half hours. That has been taken care of now. She is happy with the rehab therapy. She is real happy with most of the nurses. It was all clean. Most of the food tasted terrible.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

The staff listen to our concerns. The administrative staff are great, but the hands-on staff with the patients are not great. There needs to be more cleaning in my loved one's room. Other areas are fine. It would be nice with incoming new residents to have a schedule for things like showers and when they will see the doctor.

Review of Courtyards at Pasadena

This was a respite stay. There were errors and I pulled my loved one out. They did not feed her for 13 hours. When I decided to take her out early, they were all pointing fingers at each other. The staff was friendly, but they did not tell the truth or follow through. The place looked clean on the first day, but when I picked her up it smelled like urine. I left her with five days worth of clothes and she was in a gown when I picked her up.

The Courtyards at Pasadena serves our community with care and maintaining relationships with residents and families. We maintain the highest level of care to help our residents get back into the community or create a healthy, happy long-term living environment. Our dedicated, passionate staff are committed to providing comprehensive care with exceptional service.

Courtyards at Pasadena is dedicated to promoting each patient’s practical level of independence.Therapy treatment is conducted in a fully equipped rehab center with the latest therapy assessment, monitoring, and treatment modalities. Our skilled team provides a full range of services including: mobility and endurance recovery, communication and cognitive augmentation, dysphasia management, orthotic fitting and training, pain management, activities of daily living and community living skills restoration. Our rehabilitative wing offers private suites with half baths with cable TV and telephone. There is a separate parking area and entrance.