Palm Delight II - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Healthy Long-Term Moderate(+)-Memory-Care Environment

This is where my parent needs to be.
The owner, Nancy, cares deeply for her residents.
This is a facility for those who need memory-care with alarms on the doors and 24 hour staffing.
There are 6 beds, and 2 residents to a room.
Care workers provide all the daily needs, meals, medication administration, laundry, housekeeping, and the home NEVER smells like urine, cleaning solutions or strong flowery odor-killers; Palm-Delight II smells fresh and clean (I give them a perfect score for daily, ongoing cleanliness; I don't know how they do it!).
My mother is comfortable here. She doesn't know where 'here' is, but, she has lost the anxiety she had at the last place.
The house supervisor, Nellie, is on top of the individual needs of the residents and the owner is on top of the household needs. The place runs smoothly. The residents are fed, clean, and have a safe, well-landscaped backyard to walk in. The care workers even paint the ladies nails once a week (they are not required to, they just do it to be nice). Once a week the owner brings residents (who can travel and can handle it the change), to the Rancho Cucamonga Senior Center for the day. The owner even has a Doctor who comes out to see the residents (who are his patients) every few months. The owner, Nancy, takes great pride in her 3 facilities, and tries to treat her residents as if they are family.
There is a regular schedule, but visitors are allowed at most hours.
If you are looking for a safe, 'home-environment' for your memory-care-needing family member, this is it!
Nancy also has other homes where it is more 'assisted-living' and residents drive, have no memory issues (are recovering from illness, then move out, etc), but my mom needed this environment.
I would suggest Palm-Delight II for long-term moderate + Memory-Care needs.

Wonderful Caring Home

My grandma stayed at Palm Delight for almost two years. From the beginning process to the time my grandma passed away, we have received the outmost understanding and caring experience. My grandma had Alzheimer's and Nancy, the Administrator, and her caregivers were always patient, understanding, and encouraging to my grandma and the family.

Palm Delight was always clean and inviting. Whenever we came for a visit, the house smelled of some goodies being cooked. Caregivers went out of their way to learn what my grandma liked and didn't like. Nancy would also ask the favorite foods of all the residents so she can make it.

The caregivers always encouraged my grandma to get involved in activities. They also had her walk more. The place she was at before had her always in the bed, but at Palm Delight, caregivers would help Grandma with walking and exercise.

All in all, I cannot say more positive things about Palm Delight and the care my Grandma received.

There are no activities for the residents. The staff provide basic care, but none of the neccessary mental stimulation seniors needs. They just sit around all day watching tv.

More than I could have hoped for

We love this place for mom, and are grateful for their love and care. It is such a comfort knowing mom is in a place where the staff are very conscientious and compassionate toward each resident. I wouldn't have her anywhere else! Would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a beautiful, special place to have your loved ones cared for! Thank the Lord for Palm Delight 2!

Although the caretaker was ...

Although the caretaker was very nice and answered all our questions, she's the only one there to do all the work for six residence.