Morningside of Wilmington - Wilmington, NC

• Walking assistance
  • Attend church/worship services
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Free Assessment
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene

Morningside of Wilmington

Morningside of Wilmington is wonderful. Great staff, wonderful programming, and the residents were very happy.

Mom Is Good

Everything is well for my mother here at this community. This is nice community, and we are getting her all settle into the community. Everyone has been kind and and helpful. They are caring for her and her needs very well, and I'am pleased.

Not Satisfied With This Community

We were not pleased with this community at all. They are often under staffed and there is not any activities offered. There is community is not well-kept. The food is not very good, they do not offer a variety of foods. The commutation with the staff is bad, they are not caring for my mother well at this community. We will be moving her to a new community. I would not recommend this community.

no, no, no

I would not recommend this facility after my experience with having a loved one there. I feel we were snowed by the person making the presentation about the facility and what we could expect. We tried to address concerns as they arose but nothing was truly ever resolved. There are a few loving and caring staff there, but they are overworked. At the time we were there it was not adequately staffed. Weekends are the worst, but often the weekdays did not have sufficient coverage. No, no, no. Keep looking.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We invite you and your family back for another tour and see how we have changed for the better.

Kind and friendly staff!

I think they do an excellent job at Pacifica Senior Living. They're not perfect, but they work really hard to make sure that everyone is comfortable and well taken care of. The staff here are all very friendly and kind. I like that the same people are generally always assigned to the same area of the building, which allows the residents to see the same people on a consistent basis and get to know them. I've also heard good things from my loved one about the food!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide!

Awful!

The rooms that they showed us that they were planning on admitting my mother to were dirty and they Smelled! The woman had just coded in the place [removed] and the room was still a mess! It just smelled of urine. It was a bad experience! The staff all talked about when they were retiring. Even the woman who showed us around said she was retiring in three weeks! I just thought I can’t put my mother here!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience on your tour. We have since invested heavily in improving our staff's ability to care for our residents. We have changed the initial requirements to be hired, created ongoing training programs and improving the level of communication with our staff. We would like to invite you back for another tour. Again, we thank you for you consideration and sharing your thoughts that have helped us improve for the better.l

It's a beautiful place, and she is extremely happy.

It's a beautiful place, and she is extremely happy. None of the others that I went to were willing to take medicaid if and when she reaches that place. Other places I tried actually laughed, or just turned cold and changed their tune on a dime. This community would work with it, and they do have an option here. They activities are very good, and she is very active and happy. I've eaten there and the food is good, it's a good balanced diet. Great Place!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, we are so pleased to hear that your mother is happy here with us. We have a wonderful Executive Director who is very involved in the community and our residents. She and the staff and genuinely care, and it shows. We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month! We offer yoga, movies, trivia, bingo and more!

The Best in Town

My mom has lived at Pacifica for five years. This was the best decision that we ever made. They keep her active and healthy. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I like the fact that they have LPNs and a RN there. We try to take her to our house for holidays, but she can't wait to get back to Pacifica. She even loves the food! We are very pleased that we chose Pacifica!

Pacifica Senior Living

We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your mother are happy. Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time to share your thoughts.

Short-Staffed

We did not like Pacifica at all. It smelled and we just didn't see enough staff around.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We want our residents to feel cared for, engaged and to enjoy the days with us. We have recently made improvements to our community and would love for you to return for a free tour to see how we have changed for the better.

Morningside of Wilmington is a beautiful, safe and friendly community offering spacious assisted living apartments and Five Star’s award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery program for people with Alzheimer’s or related dementias. All of these needs can be found in one comfortable, secure, and beautifully landscaped location.