Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood - Lynwood, WA

Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood - Lynwood, WA has yet not published prices.

Need for Change!

My parent has been in this location for a while now and I am frustrated that nothing is being done about the employee turnover rate, the lack of training for new caregivers, the lack of trust the employees have in the new Executive Director, and the basic lack of communication between the caregivers and the head office. There are only 6 cottages, so you would think that the communication about residents, or even work orders for the maintenance staff would be impeccable, but they aren’t. Feedback is also not well received and the only way actions are taken is if someone contacts the corporate office, or writes a review. Moving my parent is not an option, so I just hope we can get these issues figured out. My parent enjoys the community and the caregivers. I am willing to work with anyone to help fix these problems. Partnership and open, transparent communication is key.

Beautiful setting, lovely people, [name removed] is one of the best! Our main concern is distance from family, however, this location would be where I would not mind being!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website, [removed] Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

The community had a really nice feel, especially the remodeled areas which all will be remodeled within the year I believe. Siblings went back and forth trying to decide where to place my dad, but since he had already been living at a community environment we ultimately decided to do a private home.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope that you are happy with the the decision. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help! We hope that you have a wonderful day.

Areas of the place are under renovation and what has been completed is nice. I like the concept of individual "cottages", 10 people to 1 care giver.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We sincerely thank you for the positive review, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

2nd Choice

This community was excellent. The staff was accommodating and answered all of my questions. The commute to the dining room has to be short or my mom can't do it. My mom still may end up coming to this community eventually.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you and your mother again soon! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help and want to do all that we can to be helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood

Pacifica has been great so far. I’d rate it a 4.5, not a five yet because they’re still under construction at this point. Despite the construction, the place is still kept very clean. The staff there is very friendly and helpful, and the food is really good. They’re working out of a temporary kitchen because the old one is being renovated right now, but the food is still tasty, complete, and nutritious. They have lots of activities to keep the residents stimulated like games, crafts, movies, and bowling as well. I’d definitely recommend the community to others.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4.5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Wonderful place, professional staff but more like a dormitory....not for us but that's not in any way a discredit to this community. Our needs are just a bit different. Very responsive staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

Review for Pacifica SL in Lynnwood

A very nice community. Friendly. outgoing. Made me feel real welcome.

Review for Pacifica Senior Living in Lynnwood WA

My mom is well-cared for here. Nice and clean!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback!

Review on Pacifica Lynnwood

The staff were great! Brand new buildings are nice!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

Review of Pacifica in Lynnwood

Not very big, but small is good. Very nice remodeled homes. Residents visiting in Living room.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Review on Pacifica Lynnwood

Friendly staff. Activities being done.

Review for Pacifica in Lynnwood

My mom LOVES it here!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

Review of Pacifica at Lynnwood

Memory care was full of life and conversation. I liked seeing the large group sitting around the table - music in the background. My mom is ready, I'd definitely consider Lynnwood.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Pacifica of Lynnwood review

The staff were all super friendly. Everyone greeted my father with smiles and introduced themselves. They made him feel at home.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Review for Pacifica Lynnwood

A very home like atmosphere. Comfortable, pleasant surroundings.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living - Lynnwood

A great community. Staff and residents very friendly and welcoming.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for your high rating!

Review of Pacifica Senior Living in Lynnwood

Resident and care staff relationship is amazing to watch!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Review of Pacifica Lynnwood

My mother-in-law has been very happy and made lots of friends there.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review have a fantastic day!

Pacifica Lynwood review

Wonderful musical entertainment. My family loved it there.

Review for Pacifica Lynwood

Very nice remodel and friendly atmosphere.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood!

Positive tour

I liked the layout of this community. Each apartment complex is like it's own little village. Every building has its own dining room and social room. The lady who showed me around was very nice. She seemed to like mature adults and understood them.While we walked around she greeted all the residents by name.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

The place that feels like home.

The place and people there are lovely, professional, thoughtful and really give the best comfortable to people. First time we were they was check out the place for my Dad. They made us lunch and showed us the place. Got see the rooms and meet the people. It was a place we knew would be perfect for my dad. The management team there helped us along they way in the process.
I feel very confident and glad we went with Pacifica. My Dad is in good hands :)

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your heartfelt review. It means so much to us that you entrusted us with the care of your Dad and we are delighted that you and he are happy here! Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents!
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

A Successful Transition

We really liked Pacifica Lynnwood for our mother with memory issues. The small cottages meant that she didn't have to learn to get around in a large facility. She has been there for 10 days now and seems very happy when I call her. The first few days that she was there I was staying near Pacifica (I live out of state). Each day I'd visit and Mom would comment about how nice the staff is.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 5-star review. Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a fantastic staff and we care for our residents as if they are our own family.
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Pacifica Senior Living a great place for Mom and Dad

From the time I walked in with my brother to tour the community I was impressed. The staff was friendly, the place clean and just seemed like it would be a great fit for our parents. We toured one other place with our parents and it was also nice but they chose Pacifica Senior Living and the main reason was the staff. They have been there now for a week and are getting used to this being "home" after 55 years in their home. I am so happy with the care that they are receiving. This is a great place and I'm happy my parents are here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5-star review Sue. We appreciate it! We are so happy to hear that you and your brother and parents are happy here with us! Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

The restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.

The staff are friendly and they try to keep the residents active. They do have a nurse around the clock. The food is decent and they offer plenty of it. The main issues we have had is that since this is an older building it seems to be cold in the shared shower. They are trying to improve the community. They are working on updating and progressing things. You do have to go outside to get to the main room for the activities. They have a van that offers transportation on Tuesdays.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 4 star review and constructive criticism. We appreciate the feedback and will keep improving our community!

I didn't really like the set up at all. The staff was very nice and friendly. I didn't like the way he Alzheimer's cottage was set up. I didn't like the communal (?) shower. They will be starting renovating the cottages next year - that will not set well with mom. She gets upset at loud noises and hates hearing the vacuum. I can just see her cringing and all upset when the renovating actually starts!!

Lack of response to complaints, In fact no response at all to a refund due within 30 days (now 6 months) having to involve the WA State AG office.

Good concept, good hands on help, living space OK, but as a responsible business practice they STINK

Pacifica Senior Living

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

Horrible place

We had dad in there for 6 months. It was horrible, they would not shower him, nor shave him. Food was absolutely bland. Even after talking with administrators who promised to take better care of him, nothing changed. They didn't use his new catheter bags, so he got several uti's and to top all that off, his clothes and toiletries were being stolen.

Pacifica Senior Living

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood take our reviews very seriously, and we are sorry to see that you had a negative experience. We are now under new management and taking steps to ensure that our residents and families have a positive experience. If you're willing, please contact our Executive Director to discuss what we can do to help.

A Few Issues But Overall This Is A Good Community

We have a few problems with this community, but they are working to resolve the problems we have. The staff is nice, they have been responsive and helpful. They do a good job with keeping the community and his room nice and well-kept. We know he is safe and receiving great care. This is a community I would recommend.

Review of Brookdale Lynnwood - Lynnwood, WA

Brookdale Lynnwood is a cottage style residence. This wont work for John he needs to be at a larger community where hell be interacting with more people regularly. There is only 1 entree per meal. Having a variety of meal options is important. We want him to have really good food and lots of options so hell be motivated to eat (with the dementia and depression hes lost a lot of weight). Brookdale Lynnwoods buildings and apartments seemed dated. The memory care seemed limited. Not for us.

Pacifica Senior Living

We wanted to reach out to you and let you know that we are now Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood. We have made changes to our community and feel confident that you will be pleased. We would like to invite you back for a personalized tour. We thank you for your consideration and hope to see you soon.

Not recommended!

I would not recommend Brookdale Lynnwood! Not enough staff, young, poorly trained, very little interaction with the residents, who are generally unkept and need a bath and a toothbrush. This place is run on a shoe string, food is poor and residents are not assisted with feeding. We took our family member out of there when he went three weeks with no bath. Worst place I have seen in this type. The whole place seems dirty, needs carpets and painting. Very disappointing, tell the family one thing and then never follow thru. Sad.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear your comments and want to let you know that we are now Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood. We would like to invite you back for a personalized tour to see how we have changed for the better.

Fabulous Community

My ad visor Grace Hanks was wonderful I was simply trilled with all the help she gave us. She highly recommended Brookdale Lynnwood out of this list of places she gave us and we couldn't be happier here. It had been a fabulous experience and it is really a perfect fit for my mother in law who can be hard to please at times. It looks really nice and well kept, and the staff here is wonderful we did have a situation but they did quickly resolve it so that was good. I would say at this community they really have your loved one best interest in mind and that give us a peace of mind knowing she is being well taken care.

A Horrible Experience

Brookdale Alderwood was a complete nightmare of a place to be. After a month of being there Mom fell and nobody could tell me how or when it happened. Rather than calling 911 the staff called me to let me know Mom called and I had to tell them to call 911. Mom ended up having serious injuries to the head and will probably never be the same. Other than that the staff was not very pleasant either and never communicated in a efficient way which is why Mom is no longer a resident there. There was only one nurse that worked weekends that was very pleasant to deal with. Mom also had the last gift my father bought her taken right off of her neck and also missing some slippers I bought her. I would not say I'd recommend.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We encourage you to call our Resident and Family Connections team so we can learn more details about your experience.

Safe, but Tidy?

After being turned down by a couple of adult family style facilities set in individual homes, we were thankful to be approved by Brookdale Alderwood. The staff is friendly and very helpful, always quick to give us a status report when we call.

I think our only concern is how much assistance our mother is given in personal cleanliness and the cleaning of her room and clothes. After being at the facility for more than a week, the mattress that had been provided for our sister, so she could spend the night, was still propped up in the room - taking up a lot of floor space and blocking easy access to Mom's chest of drawers.

We're hoping to find out what level of service we can reasonably expect from the facility for the fees we pay and how many things are the family expected to take care of.

For the most part, we are pleased with the Brookdale Alderwood facility and expect it to provide our mother with a safe and nurturing place to live.

Pacifica Senior Living

Gretchen, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Your opinion is very important to us. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

We liked the cottages/Adult Family Home-style setup of Brookdale, but it ultimately would not have been the best environment for our parent at this time. I appreciated the computer system enabling staff and family to tap into personalized care and entertainment, as well as the team mantra of "inappropriate behaviors often mean unmet needs."

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review.

Great staff and RNs. Appreciated their commitment to training and high standards of care. Did not work out for us to transition our Mom here, but they run a great facility.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review.

Clean and well managed

I think that the staff cares. It seems clean and well managed and taken care of. It has been kind of slow to get the finances straightened out to know exactly how much they are charging. That is frustrating. The people are helpful but the communication between the corporate office and the building my Mom is in is lacking.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

Disappointing

It has been not very good. We were quoted one price and were billed a different price. The lady who quoted us is no longer there. The people were friendly when signing her up. It has been disappointing.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we regret to hear that you had this experience with us. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at [removed] so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around.
Pacifica Senior Living Lynnwood

staff really rush him through

My dad is in memory care at Brookdale Lynnwood. When dad is getting a shower the staff really rush him through it. They are almost ripping his clothes off to get it done. There is quite an odor in his bathroom also. We have had a problem not knowing how often they are changing his sheets. Everything does seem fixable and the staff are willing to working with us.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it.

A supportive environment

I think the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It is a supportive environment. My father seems to really like the people, the food, and the activities. This is a very clean and friendly community that is a great value. The care givers do a great job at taking care of the residents. There is a variety of activities. I would recommend Brookdale Lynnwood for anyone who is looking for a 5 star assisted living community.

We have experienced great difficulty arranging assisted care for my father at Brookdale. I requested specific care for him that did not go into effect and a couple of weeks later was told the resident care director has terminated employment with Brookdale so she had not followed through. I then worked with the new resident care director to set up assisted care but about six weeks later realized dad was still not getting this care (bathing, dressing, toiletry). She was not sure why so she said she would look into it and get back with me. Four days later I had not heard from her so I made an appointment and went in. At this point we updated his care plan and I signed it. That was only last Friday so I am not sure how well this will work. Over the weekend he fell and his emergency button was not functioning so he was not able to summon help. Eventually he was able to tell someone but apparently they did not pass this information on or call me. The facility maintains that dad did not notify any one and that they were unaware he fell however, the nurse tech was giving him Tylenol for back pain. When I went in the next day and found him bruised and in back spasms I took him to the doctor. The doctor order ice followed by heat 3 times a day but this order was not followed last night. Dad called me this morning to say he repeatedly pressed the emergency button last night as well as this morning to call for helpo but no one has responded so I called to tell the director to check on the button and to get a nurse in to help him. We obviously will be moving dad out of here as soon as we can arrange a place that will provide safe care for him that can be trusted. What a shame this place didn't work out but now it has gone from a place that is difficult to get the care you need to being an unsafe place to have a loved one.

I am very happy with them

I am very happy with them, and how everything worked out. The people were so good, they were so nice. Everyone I ever encountered there was very caring. There was a little bit of challenge with caregiver's accents, but the residents seem to get used to it, and they are very caring. I was looking at a lot of stuff, and I was happy with what I saw. So far, we don't have any complaints.

they went out of their way

They have gone out of their way to try to figure out what my dad likes and how to make him fit in and be happy there. The only thing I don't like is that the food could be better. It's sometimes cold and they really can improve the meal quality.

The staff is very knowledgeable and c...

The staff is very knowledgeable and caring. The majority of the caregivers are excellent; however there are a few that are lazy and complainers.

Pleased with their service

We've had an excellent experience with Emeritus so far. We were impressed by what we saw during the tour. It was a clean, well kept community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. We know Emeritus is a large well run company, and that is the sort of security we were interested in for our loved one.

Katri was great. The help a...

Katri was great. The help all represented the site well. Clean, pleasant. affordable (which is a relative term!). We ecventually selected this one after two visits.

Not happy with the care!

The management tells you exactly what YOU WANT to hear. What I got was something entirely different. With no notice, my father was moved to another room after only 2 weeks and charged an additional $500 per month.

Clothes, shoes, personal belongings, etc., were constantly being taken- sometimes returned, sometimes not.

One afternoon I found him soaking wet. When I found an aid, she simply said, "I guess I forgot to put on a new brief when I changed him".

Frequently his bed was missing a sheet, top or bottom- maybe both. There were always clean sheets in his dresser drawer. The waterproof mattress pad was rarely on his bed.

Although I had given 2 days notice, Emeritus did not use my emergency phone number when I was out f town for 3 days. When I returned home, there was a message on my home phone - 2 days in a row- that my father was "OUT OF DRUGS." I immediately called the nurse and she simply said they had not received them from the VA. I called the VA, they told me they had been shipped and gave me the tracking number. Emeritus still said they hadn't received the drugs. I called the Lynnwood Post Office, they checked with the mail carrier and he remembered delivering the package. Emeritus got very defensive but still insisted they "never got them". They were sent and delivered- What happened to them???

We saw a PBS documentary on Emeritus on T.V. that was frightening. I told a counselor at the VA about the "missing drugs" incident and also about the documentary. She looked up the documentary, was very alarmed and fortunately, was able to get him a room in a VA facility fairly quickly.

It has been 5 months and Emeritus still has not sent my father a complete refund.

PLEASE! Watch the July 30, 2013 PBS Frontline Documentary on Emeritus, BEFORE you send your loved one there.

Good place, overall

Overall they do a good job here! The staff are all very friendly and caring, and for the most part do a great job taking care of my loved one. We did have an incident where he fell at night and injured himself but managed to get back in to bed before anyone noticed. The facility itself is a nice looking place, and they keep it very clean. I like the cottage style set-up, as it is much easier for him to navigate.
I've heard complaints that since the food is cooked in a central location and brought out to the cottages it sometimes isn't as hot as it could be when it arrives, which is something they could work on.

Friend Of A Resident

I have visited the lady I know five times from about August or September 2013 through December 2013. This has usually been either on weekends or early evenings so I have not really observed the activities except to read the calendar. but have seen my friend in the eating area and thus residents being assisted.
I am writing this because I was disturbed by the two reviews here that talk about the building being so outdated. I do NOT agree with that. Within the past few years I have been in three different skilled nursing facilities where my mother and/or aunt were. I do not see Clare bridge as being out dated and the private rooms are actually fairly spacious. (I have not seen if there are double rooms.) The lady I visit does not seem to participate in many activities and it would be good if she would, but I think she chooses not to do so. All care facilities can seem short on staff--unfortunately that is how the system is. Most of the time staff have been friendly and helpful.

Outdated Facility with Small Rooms

They took over a building that was originally owned by Manor Care and so the rooms are still like cells. They were very small and the whole facility is outdated like they way all these places used to be. We just couldn't consider this place

Personalized Care

That was our second choice. They have, at that facility, 5 or 6 different cottages with 10 or so residents in each one. I thought that set up was very nice. I felt like a more personalized community with more personalized care.

My Uncle And I Liked It

The care was good. They were all very friendly and very good. My uncle passed away but he enjoyed it there as well. The friendly staff I think was what he really liked and they had him in a cottage with other WWII vets so that was a good placement for him.

Our second choice because o...

Our second choice because of 'cottage style' living which gives a personalized touch.

No. The building they acqu...

No. The building they acquired is too old and not up to today's standards. Rooms too impersonal and too small.

Separate buildings for different leve...

Separate buildings for different levels, 1:5 ratio (good for area) - 10 in a unit. No bathing in room - shower or tub for whole unit. No closets, they provide bed and cradenza. Sm. studio has angle corner with window, lg. has bay type window (can have roommate). No kitchens. Large bathroom sink areas, can have open area under sink. Big on memory care, staff for nursing, activities and memory. Able to do heavier care longer (keep people with lift/2 person care).

As we age, it is important to spend our later years enjoying friends, family, and plenty of activity. It is also essential that we live in facility that is able to accommodate all of our needs while also allowing us to be ourselves. The best of senior living is experienced at Pacifica Senior Living in Lynnwood. Our Lynnwood location is a 100% licensed Assisted Living Facility and Memory Care community with much to offer individuals searching for that comforting place to enjoy their later years. We have 7 cottage-style buildings on nearly 3 acres of beautifully landscaped land. Our facilities have much to offer our residents as we continue to expand.