Cristwood - A Crista Senior Living Community - Shoreline, WA

• Diabetic Insulin Management
  • Chapel Onsite
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Resident Family Education
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • 24 hour care
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Adult Daily Living

My Mom's experince

My mom was approved for this Nursing home through Medicaid and her pension. We had our mom there for two and a half years. We had some initials problems when she was placed in the dementia unit and another resident (who was walking the halls) walked into my Mom's room and tried touching her breast. My mom was moved to another area. She was ok initially and was looked after her although we kept a close eye on her care, medications, etc. The doctor was never around (maybe once every 6 month -a nurse was assigned to my mom).
Every time we needed to speak about a medication, we had to speak to the nurse. After the first year, my mom started to decline as her dementia worsened. She was afraid of one aid who yelled at her, although we never saw her. We consistently called the doctor about medications that were given to her and eventually got so bad, the doctor would not receive our calls. We noticed they were not cleaning the room very well and would wash the commode basin in the sink where they brushed their teeth and washed their face. We took pictures of the feces and urine spots on the wall and the dirty commodes that were left for hours. We had a meeting with the administrative staff and gave them copies of the evidence. They insisted they would act upon it and meet with the various staff as to the correct procedures, etc. Although they did speak to a couple of aids and the cleaning staff, they would keep it clean when we were there but when we weren't there or showed up by surprise, the staff continued doing the same things. Also, my mom was a very clean person and bathed every day. Although we knew that could not continue daily at the home, we expected at least 2-3 days
a week. It seemed that if there was no staff available, my mom would go a week without a bath. We complained about that as well. We finally decided to remove mom from the facility when we saw nothing would change and my mom continued to decline. Mom was very happy to leave although she would miss her roommate (which we were extremely concerned about) since she had no family to keep an eye on her. Because my brother and sister in law went to bat for my mom's roommate, they were banned from visiting her so we don't know what happened to her. My mom was extremely happy to be out of there and so were we. I have to say that as far as nursing homes go, this one was better than others in the area but I would prefer to die at home than go to one of these places. Mom passed 6 months later but she was very happy that she was home.

No complaints!!

The staff that gave my loved one and I a tour of there community where very friendly and gave us lots of great information of everything they had to offer. The property was very well maintained and had a lot of great amenities to offer all of the residents. Overall we have no complaints and would recommend this place to anyone.

Wendy Kleppe

Thank you for your review! We love to hear from our residents!

Knowledgeable tour guide!

I thought Cristwood was a nice place. Ther staff were all friendly and gave me a lot of good information. I had a good experience touring, but it did not for my loved one's needs as good as other communities.

Wendy Kleppe

After touring the facility I was told that they had to remove themselves from the running as they have a minimum age requirement of 65 for their assisted care facilities. My sister is 62 and on social security and definitely disabled. What do you do if they need assistance?

Wendy Kleppe

Our apologies for the misunderstanding. Our minimum age is 62 as required by our state license.

Friendly And Welcoming

The friendliness and welcoming nature of the staff and residents is great. It is quiet and not a lot of external noise, nice living conditions. Beautiful grounds and landscaping. The only thing is they are kind of older apartments and could stand some modernization. And it is a long way from the parking lots to the apartments.

Review of Crista Senior Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Shoreline, WA

Commitment to caring and service obvious. Doug Wood gave knowledgeable advice about industry and useful referrals. Clearly Crista has their clinical and geriatric act together. My folks would be well cared for here. Skilled nursing very busy, no private rooms available at moment. In the memory unit, a staff member was peacefully reading a book to a circle of interested and contented-looking residents. Grounds safe for walking, campus large enough for folks to enjoy stuff leaving. What it lacks is the number of apartment choices and spiffy tenant finishes of the newer communities. The buildings are older and rather institutional. Chapels may not be comfortable ambience for everyone. While many newer more upscale places seem try to deny aging, Crista's exterior does not. However I was impressed by the solid values and experience. Definitely will present to my folks as a choice. I believe the intangibles here outweigh the lack of glitz.

Thank you!

Pros and Cons: not happy with care program

Beautiful grounds. Memory care area, Popular Pace, has had a lot of staff turn over, seems now there are some steady care givers, and they do their best to care for residents. Ratio is 1:8. Not enough activities to stimulate residents, mostly just sitting in their rooms. Does not seem staff is very trained in Alzheimer's interaction, though they are kind and caring. Management does not understand what is needed in a good memory care program. Had a good activity director for a few months then "promoted" her to sales. Show where their priorities are. No special diets, food not great.

Wendy Kleppe

Thank you for your feedback. Our desire is to provide a quality and community for residents that is safe and inviting.

Crista senior communities

I am proud to say that I decided to choose Crista as my home, they are so welcoming and everyone is so friendly. Lots of activities to keep the resident busy and accommodate with our needs . The employee is so helpful that they go miles to make sure everything is on your satisfaction. I highly recommend this place than anywhere else.

Wendy Kleppe

With an over 60 year legacy serving seniors in the Northwest, CRISTA Senior Living (CCRC) offers several options to accommodate your lifestyle: residential, independent apartments, assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation and therapy services.
Active Life Plan Community for older adults 62 years or older. Varying living options from studio to two-bedroom apartments, living with assistance, and skilled and rehab care, our communities offers connection and vibrancy at any level of living.
Situated on a peaceful 55 acre, inter generational campus, this CCRC has a Christian commitment to excellence of care as well as vibrant activities that provide joy and purpose to the lives of residents. Beautifully remodeled, open-concept apartments with granite countertops and stainless appliances, private deck and full amenities facilitate an active and meaningful lifestyle. Both entry fee or month-to-month rental options available.