Memory care takes experience

My mom liked the food here. The problem with Chateau Pacific is that memory care is very new to them, less than a year. They have a very good nurse, but the staff has not been properly trained and don’t know how to deal with the various problems that people with memory care struggle with. They let people sit in their rooms.

Tamra Godfrey

Tamra Godfrey

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad your mother enjoyed the food and I'm sorry that your experience with our memory care was less than desireable. We'd love to talk to you more about your experience so that we can improve our operations for everyone. My name is Tamra and you can contact me at tamra(dot)Godfrey(at)chateaullc(dot)com to talk about your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you!

Chateau Pacific

Both my client, who is now living at Chateau Pacific, and I, are very happy with his new living arrangements. I have found the staff at Chateau Pacific to be truly caring, kind and helpful, and the community is beautiful and very well maintained. I have been very pleased with the outcome of every conversation I have had with any of the staff, and I believe that they truly care about the happiness and well-being of my client.
As an additional note, he tells the foo is really exceptional. He moved from another similar facility and was expecting "institution food". He has been very pleasantly surprised by how delicious the foot is, and their willingness to serve him larger portions.

I am really very happy with this facility and would very willingly recommend it for other clients or others who might be looking for this type of living facility.

Nice but Too Big

That was very nice but it was just too big. There were too many people and multiple floors. It would be too confusing for someone who is in the beginning stages of dementia. It was a very nice place though.

Nice, but too large and mor...

Nice, but too large and more like an 'institution' than we wanted.

We were looking (literally) for A Pla...

We were looking (literally) for A Place for Mom and she decided on the Chateau Pacific. This one, she just clicked with it right off the bat. They're the only ones that I've seen that has a heated therapy pool (not huge, but large enough for laps or exercise or to play with the kids in), plus a hydro tub.

If you want to have a bath, you can go to one of the hydro tubs on each floor - it's used for therapy for arthritis patients. It's one of the few places that I've seen that will allow family to come with residents on outings. I've not seen any other communities that do this. They really facilitate keeping the families involved in the seniors' life.

The sales manager came in on her day off and conducted the tour and stayed late to sign the paperwork when my mother made her decision.

We were just blown away, but the swimming pool was the clincher. It's owned by a local company that owns 3 other properties. The price is comparable or even a little less than some of the other communities that we looked at. The only caveat I have is that the food is not gourmet, but it is good. That's the only thing - they have average cooks, not excellent cooks. They do make things to your specifications, though.

They had welcoming committees, lots of activities and the facility was just beautiful. They're expanding their movie theater with better seating and that tells me that they're still making an investment in the community and in the residents.

Right there in the front, they had 2 computers with oversized monitors available for residents

If your paying for something to be done, and it has to be done than the staff should do it.

After my mom spent four years here I realized Roberta, the Director of Assisted Living, did not know how to direct the caregivers to do their jobs. I liked the caregivers and I liked the Director, I did not like paying for care services that were not provided. At the Chateau Pacific they have a point system and a point costs $75. We paid over $5000 a month for inconsistent care, where mom is now we pay $500 less and get more care services. I had trouble getting caregivers to administer medicine according to the directions. When my brother stayed with my mom in her apartment he asked for a list of the services she was paying for but they refused to give him the list because he didn't have power of attorney. When I talked with him to tell him the services we were paying for he informed me that most were not being done. One time a caregiver told me they did not give my mom her medications because my brother returned from dinner with her too late. When I talked to the Director I was told that medicine can be administered at anytime and the staff should not have denied her medications. My mom goes to bed by 8pm so my brother would not have kept her out much later than that. I wanted my mom's underwear changed in the morning and at night. I was told by a caregiver that she went to bed too early for them to change her underwear at night. When I requested it be done in the morning they said they only change underwear/Depends if it is wet, they did not act on my request. I labeled all the underwear with the days of the weeks and am/pm, and they still did not get it right. I sat down with Roberta and went over the additional services I wanted for my mom that were broken up into am/pm and nocturnal shifts. While visiting my mom a caregiver entered my mom's room and I asked why her shade was not open since that was something Roberta and I had added for the am shift. The caregiver pulled out her list of tasks for my mom and said it wasn't on there. After needing to get Roberta's permission the nurse's station gave me a copy of the task list that the caregiver had and both the am and pm shifts were wrong, only the nocturnal shift was correct. I emailed Roberta the staff's task sheet and the a corrected version that I had made. When I tried to meet with Roberta I was told she would call me, she never did. One time when I went to visit my mom she was sitting in the dark and smelled of urine when I reported this I was sent an email that told me not to talk to the caregivers. I was told by another resident that after a meal a caregiver came to escort my mom and when my mom said she wasn't ready the caregiver was rude to her. Rude enough that the resident made a complaint to management for how the caregiver talked to my mom. The escorts were supposed to take her to activities but most times she was taken back to her room. The food at Chateau Pacific is top notch, but the dining system is not. It reminds me of Olive Garden you have to put your name on a list and line up against the walls in the waiting room for your name to be called. The last straw was when I updated my new contact number with the Director and caregivers then one night I got an urgent call from a caregiver saying my mom was disoriented, they even put my mom on the phone to leave a message. They did not call my new number that I had updated with them, the message was left on a phone that I couldn't get to until the following day. By that point we were done, I immediately started looking for another place. If your loved one has cognitive impairments or may have cognitive impairments further on down the line, I recommend looking somewhere other than Chateau Pacific.

Toured after Bothell locat...

Toured after Bothell location said no openings for 6 months in budget. Lovely and has a swimming pool, family times, trips, gardening area, and more. One opening. Brought Mom in and she loved it. Moving in!

Had the perfect studio apt.

Had the perfect studio apt.

Great bedroom views. Saw only units ...

Great bedroom views. Saw only units with washer/driers. Crowded at dinnertime 4:30 - 6:15.Crystal on tables. Linen and towel service. Two meals. Right off 99 by Mukilteo.

At Chateau Pacific, we actively work with residents to fulfill our promise to "live life on your terms". We are committed to partnering with residents to create an individualized retirement lifestyle. We believe our model of customizing a resident's retirement experience means residents live happier, healthier, longer lives.