Mountlake Terrace Plaza - Mountlake Terrace, WA

Had an excellent visit with [Removed] and her staff. Enjoyed the tour. Still thinking about going back for a lunch visit in the future.

aPfM says $2,350
Tour was good and liked the staff. Seemed like the studio would work fine.
Only concern is residence is on the older side, and may be a bit less of a fit for my dad given the small size of the community.

Currently in the middle of remodeling

We’ve been very pleased here. The staff is really pleasant. There have been a few mix-ups, but they try real hard to make things as convenient as possible. The food is unbelievably good and the chef is just excellent. The facility is kept very clean and housekeeping comes by once a week to clean the apartment and wash the linens and towels. There are plenty of activities available with several events a day. Overall, it hasn’t been totally perfect but they’re certainly trying.

I toured this community

This had a very homey feeling. A little to vertical for us though. The location wasn't good for me. It was different and engaging. I tried the food there but seemed packaged. It was a very tight space.

Right fit for dad

The personnel are excellent and on top of things. They communicate well. Dad says the food is fine and he is a little picky. Its nice and clean and always smells good. I would recommend this to people.

Great community but not a fit for us as they wouldn't handle our diabetes issue. (Sliding scale diabetes-no finger prick or injectable insulin given at this facility).

Enormous Comfort for our Family

We moved my Mom - and Dad-In-Law into this site in 2012. They have been extremely happy with the caring staff, excellent food, wide variety of activities and the companionship of so many nice senior neighbors. The location next to the library and restaurants is nice, and it is easy to access from the freeway.
When we needed special help after Mom had a fall, the staff were right there and continue to walk her to and from meals and help he with bathing. That is a huge burden off my shoulders.
When we visit it is like coming home. Everyone calls us by name.
We have been looking into a different apartment at the same site and the manager has been a gem. Very compassionate and forthcoming with information. We could not be happier.
We have recommended this location to 3 other friends, 2 of which moved their parents into the Mountlake Terrace Plaza.
Excellent caregivers, front desk and office staff, activities staff, housekeeping and dining.
They are THE BEST.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Wow, thank you for such a rave review. We appreciate hearing that our dedicated associates, provided you and your mom with such a wonderful experience. We're so grateful to hear we've helped alleviate some of what you shouldering; and it's so nice to know you and your mom are right at home in our community. Thank you for choosing Mountlake Terrace Plaza. We're happy to be of service.

A very good fit!

My loved one is doing very well since her move to Mountlake Terrace Plaza. The meals are very good. What we liked the most while touring was the decorations in the dining room. It is very formal with white table cloths. My loved one is getting involved in some things, which is a step up from the other place she was. It is a good experience so far.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for your kind words about Mountlake Terrace Plaza. We're so pleased to hear that your loved one is feeling at home and getting involved in activities. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Aggressive sales guy !!

My dad was not very happy with how pushy and aggressive the sales guy was that gave us a tour of this community. It made my dad a little uncomfortable and he wanted nothing to with this place after we had left the facility. I thought the overall establishment was very clean and nicely maintained on a positive note.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

As one of our core principles, we embrace open communications. Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry your dad's tour experience was uncomfortable. We'll be certain to address his concerns with our sales associates. Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of the community.

My mom's care

This is a nice community. My mom likes the studio that she has moved into. The staff is very careing and always willing to help her. This community also has a mixture of people who offer more services for differnt needs so that she will not have to relocate.
They take trips to do shopping. They have nice trips for dinner. The community is clean and well taken care of. I highly recommend this community for families and there loved ones

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We appreciate hearing that our dedicated associates are continuously providing your mom a wonderful experience at Mountlake Terrace Plaza. Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation of our community.

The place itself is great and we are very happy with it.

It seems to be fine. The place itself is great and we are very happy with it. The staff is great, they seemed extremely helpful and very attentive, checking in on her. It's still new and takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's working out well.

Need for Improvement

It's definitely an older building and you can tell when you walk in. There's only one elevator for the three-story building and, when my grandparents lived there, it was often breaking down. This would leave people stranded on the 2nd and 3rd floors - sometimes for days. My grandparents are now living in a different community which they like much better.

Very friendly, welcoming community

Very cozy and home-like atmosphere. When I first walked in I noticed that many residents were out and about socializing, eating (their dining room is open from 7am - 7pm) and enjoying each other's company. The staff was also talking with, and interacting with, the residents. There was much laughter and it was overall a very comfortable feel.

The activities and events offered cover a wide range of options. My parents were very impressed when they saw that there were many things they are interested in doing.

After looking at many options, I felt that the price and value at Mountlake Terrace Plaza was better than may communities that are close by. It's an older building but well maintained. It smells good, it's kept clean, and the residents and staff are happy. My parents now live there.

Conveniently located in downtown Mountlake Terrace just 20 minutes north of Seattle. Mountlake Terrace Plaza is known for delivering a service-enriched lifestyle and high-quality care within a warm, friendly community setting. Explore the area's large parks with walking paths and discover why it's known for its natural beauty. The community is close to doctors, shopping centers and other essentials.

Your days at Mountlake Terrace Plaza are as active and carefree as you desire. Our MBKonnection resident enrichment program provides a variety of opportunities to engage your mind, body and spirit in fun and meaningful ways. You just might rekindle a former hobby or pick up an entirely new one. With like-minded people and dedicated caring associates to enjoy each day, you will find the support and friendship that makes our intimate community feel like home. If your needs should change over time, we will work with you and your family to adjust your personal care plan so you receive the amount of attentive care that suits your needs while you continue to feel at home at Mountlake Terrace Plaza.