Pacifica Senior Living Hemet - Hemet, CA

Pacifica Senior Living Hemet - Hemet, CA has yet not published prices.

[Name removed] is currently staying here for a week. Respite care in their memory facility during our vacation. [Name removed] has been extremely informative and helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Senior Advisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

Staff, facility, and environment all of the highest caliber. Throughout the painful and often times chaotic process of remodel the staff maintained a peaceful and enthusiastic relationship with my father (94 yr old needing significant care). Very well done!!!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

Much improved over [removed]!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review & we are glad to hear this!!!! We hope you have a wonderful day!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

The staff is caring and attentive at most. The food leaves much to be desired. The cook doesn’t seem to be experienced.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

Good service and very nice staff. The meals are fair.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review & Hope you have a wonderful day!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

A great community to visitors as well. It is nice to see our friend living in a facility as nice, clean and friendly.

Review of Pacifica Hemet

My 95 year old Mother is very happy living here in Assisted Living. The staff is kind, loving and patient. I’m grateful she is so well taken care of!

Review of Pacifica Hemet

From the very first meeting I was so impressed with the staff, [name removed] and [name removed]! They were so knowledgeable and professional. My Dad got the best care you could ask for! I looked at many other facilities and am so grateful we chose Pacifica.

Review of Pacifica Hemet

My mother resided here for 15 years. The staff provided excellent support to her throughout her years here. They always were responsive to my questions and concerns. All were a part of my mother’s family in her declining years.

Review of Pacifica Hemet

it’s a very clean facility, very enthusiastic employees that have warm smiles and are eager to help

Review of Pacifica Hemet

This is a beautiful community with friendly staff and great activities for the residents.

Review of Pacifica Hemet

My first impression of this community is that it looks beautiful and everyone seems very welcoming and kind.

Review of Pacifica Hemet

I was welcomed with very friendly staff! The facility is beautiful and very clean!

Review of Pacifica

Very nice facility. Great rooms. Friendly staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to have provided you with a positive experience! If you need anything, please let us know. Have an awesome day!!

Review of Pacifica

Friendly and helpful staff. They know my moms likes and dislikes. Care givers from past cottages visit her which is nice. Med techs are very proactive when there is a problem. Very good working team of care.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website, [removed] Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Ten stars. Great community

Review of Pacifica

Great community, friendly staff, warm atmosphere.

Review of Pacifica

It's a nice facility, the food is good and the people who work there are friendly.

Review of Pacifica

This community is amazing. It's not only a beautiful property, the trees almost make you forget you are in So Cal. The staff is friendly and accommodating to any and all needs. I would highly recommend.

Review of Pacifica

This place is great. The new ED is awesome, great staff! Good times!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet.

Review of Pacifica

Beautiful community. Friendly staff who provide care and homelike environment to the residents and family members.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Review of Pacifica

Very nice community. Staff are very helpful and respectful.

Review of Pacifica

I have referred many residents to this community and the feedback is always great. The families love the caregivers and the care their family members receive. For this reason, I will continue to refer.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

Review of Pacifica

Doing well- been here 6 wks. Food is good- staff is great. [name removed] is great at her job.

Pacifica Senior Living

Excellent Facility above all my expectations. But Mom wants stay where shes at and move into the Assisted living/Memory care unit at her current location.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Not a good vibe

My sister and I toured this community. It was a big community. The tour was OK they answered my questions. Here you have to bring your own furniture and we didn't like that. I had already chose another place and they called to check back with us and I told them I found something else cheaper and she almost begged me to come back there if they lowered the price. That rubbed me wrong.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review; we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We will pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We are more than happy to assist you if anything comes up in the future. We will you well in your new community.

I love what the new owners are doing. Staff is excellent and caring!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Very helpful.The resident can get their own studio room with their own furniture from home. Very friendly and priced affordable. It's in a nice area and close to stores. Has numerous activities for residents and willing to help families.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

This has been a nice fit for my mother

My mom is doing very well at Brookdale Hemet it's a nice place and the staff is very attentive. really nice. I am very pleased with the care my mom is getting they even brought in some country western singers just for her during one of their special events. My mom was not a very social person but now she is joining in and goes to the exercise classes and the different activities they offer she is fitting in well. She even likes the food.
There is transportation for shopping, field trips and doctor appoints, they also have a resident doctor who check-ins on the residents weekly.
I would definitely recommend Brookdale Hemet to my friends and family.

Mom's Care

This was an excellent community for my mother's care. She liked the staff who extremely cared and helpful. the community was always clean and she was happy here. The meals were outstanding for her. We liked the activities that were offered. We would highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for the great value and outstanding care.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Very pleased

He is doing well, we are hopeful that he will be able to move to another cottage that isn't as advanced in care. He doesn't have much conversational interaction with the other residents. The caregivers are wonderful and I can't say enough good things about them. They are so respectful and understanding of every individual resident. They walk him to another cottage so he can partake in the activities, he beats the memory care directer at checkers and is a top BINGO player. My father is very social and is always looking for something to do. He doesn't complain about the food much but I notice that it's not very colorful. I've tried the food and it was very good they could just use more color on the plate so it is more nutritious and presentable. This was the first place i toured and I immediately felt at ease. I am hopeful that the furniture would be maintained, updated and/or reupholstered in the common living areas of the memory care cottages. The lady who did Sales and Marketing really reassured me that it would be a good place for my father. She was was so kind and understanding. She even sang with my father and he loves to sing. He is happy and I am very happy with Brookdale Hemet.

Pacifica Senior Living

We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear this. If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Care for my friiend

This is a nice community. the staff seemed very nice and caring on our tour. The meals appear to be very good. The community is cleaned and the list of activities are great. We would recommend this community for other families.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up.

This looked like a very nice place, but as soon as they heard that my Mom is bi-polar (though "low-spectrum" and controlled by medication), they immediately ended the tour, and said that they don't take bi-polar. This seems to be true of the other Brookdale facilities, as well.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that it did not work out. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Great visit!!

Our visit to this community was great, my loved one and I have no complaints about our tour that we took. I enjoyed the floor plan and the spacious hallways. The food they where cooking smelled fresh and they offered a great activity program. It was just not the right fit for my mother but overall I have no complaints

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

very impressed with personnel and the physical grounds Would have loved to afford this option

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

A beautiful setting. We loved the little cottages and the intimate feel of them - only 17 residents in each! Food was OK. Rooms were smallish but had everything you would need. Not kept up as well as it could be (stains on chair seats, etc.). Kitchen in the cottage we visited was nice and clean - residents can keep food in them.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Up-Kept Community!!

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of Pacifica Senior Living Hemet. It's a small community with a very lovely dinning setting for the residents. The meals they offered seemed like they would be healthy and the portions would be good. The setting of the dinning would give it a family feeling. They offered outdoor and indoor common areas. The lighting made the community look very bright.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Hemet! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

A wonderful place

I agonized over finding a place for my 97 yr old Uncle when his care became more than we could do at home. After looking at several facilities and having no luck, I was directed to Brookdale. I was amazed to find such a lovely place, with so many caring and experienced people. From the moment I met with Joanne and she showed me around the grounds and cottages I knew this would be the perfect environment for a person who was still very mentally aware and engaging and yet who had physical challenges. His move there was wonderful. All the staff made him feel welcomed and well cared for.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for you positive review and feedback. We appreciate it.

Brookdale Hemet

My mom was moved to her home from Brookdale Carlsbad but her care was not arranged for. The staff at Brookdale Hemet were extremely helpful in getting mom assessed and much of the paperwork transfered as opposed to filling out new paperwork. Their efforts greatly reduced our stress levels caused by this double move. All of the staff that we have dealt with so far have been very gentle and caring, and are making Mom's adjustment to this upheaval in her life as easy as possible.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for you positive review and feedback. We appreciate it.

Rooms

I love the rooms that my dad is in here. They are very nice and they have all the amenities that you can think of.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you. We appreciate it!

Dedicated staff

The people that work there are quite dedicated and pleasant. My Mom is enjoying the place. The food is quite good. There are quite a few activities as well.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review.

We are really happy with them overall.

We are really happy with them overall. The food has kind of gone downhill in the time since he has been there. I would like to see that addressed, but really we are quite satisfied with the community on the whole.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review.

A Good Set-up

I think that they have a good setup as far as individual cottages. Their reaction time is very fast. They have just instituted a system that helps the staff members react quicker. It took them a while to get my husbands medication right though, so I had to have numerous communications with them to get it corrected. But everyone has been very friendly and my husband seems to enjoy it.

Very accomodating and friendly

The facility is very accommodating and they were very good people. My wife did not like staying there and she only stayed for three days, but not because of the facility or the staff. The people there were very friendly.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

Robin gave us a wealth of information and helped educate us in a situation that is very unfamiliar to us. She is extremely compassionate and wants the best for the families that are seeking homes for their loved ones. High recommend this facility!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it.

All in all I am really happy with this facility.

I think the cooperation and the interest has been very very good at Brookdale Hemet . I will say the results are not always tremendous. We have had trouble keeping track of his personal belongings. I attribute this to the type of patients in this unit. They don't know what they are doing and I don't want that to be a reflection of Brookdale because of that. The staff has helped me resolve many issues. All in all I am really happy with this facility.

completely satisfied

It was a short visit for mom at Brookdale Hemet. But in that short time I was very pleased with everything. Mom was very happy there. I am completely satisfied on everything at this facility.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review!

Very Happy With The Care

They did a very nice job of keeping in touch with me if anything came up. It was respit care so I was able to get away for a bit and be away with confidence that my husband would be taken care of. I don't know what I would ask them to improve on, it is all new to me. I was very happy with the care.

First impressionS: Wk. 1

The facility is cheery. The minute you enter you feel at home. No institutional oder. All the staff that I've encountered are positive and helpful in there manner.

They are doing really good job.

They are doing really good job. She really likes the facility. They are very attentive. It's a perfect space. It's like a nice hotel, but there are people there to help with whatever you need, and everyone is really nice, and it's pretty. They did a really good job making it nice, even if it's not in the nicest location.

just excellent!

My husband has been there at Brookdale Hemet for a little less than a month, and so far everything has been great. They are extremely friendly, and really took their time to explain everything. They went through everything that they offer, the activities they do, etc. I am in and out of there three or four times a week, and I am always impressed with how friendly and welcoming everyone is. They really are just excellent!

very good

My mother was there for about two weeks when she fell and broke her hip and had to have a hip replacement. That being the case my experience was somewhat limited, but I was impressed with what I saw during that short time. Everybody there was very helpful and caring.

One suggestion I would make for improvement would be to have carpeted rooms so as to lessen the chance of an elderly resident slipping and falling.

go out of their way

The thing that is really great about Brookdale Hemet is how they really go out of their way to make my husband happy. He struggles a bit with depression and they try really hard and do a really good job going out of their way for him.

A blessing

They really love the residents and always there when needed, The resident absolutely loves the facility and is also able to keep her dog which she will not put down. This is a awesome place and the staff goes above and beyond to make every one feel at home

communication with insurance...

The staff is really friendly. They try to encourage my mom to participate in the activities, which she needs. I really like that about them. They don't communicate with the insurance company as well as I think they should, which has resulted in me not being reimbursed yet as I should have been, though I expect that to be resolved soon. Overall I really like the place.

mother in law is happy

I have seen my mother in law go from not feeling well at all to being happier and happier as time has gone by. This has been our first time dealing with assisted living and it has been a very good experience.

I have been really pleased with the Emeritus.

I have been really pleased with the Emeritus. They have been excellent. It's a little more expensive than we will be able to afford on a long term basis.

She has been doing great here.

My friend lives here, I have come to visit, but it's been a little while. She has been doing great here. She really likes it. We don't have any concerns or complaints or anything. So far she is really happy, and that is the most important thing to me.

They provide good care and excellent communication

I can't rate value because the other places I visited were board and care as opposed to assisted living.

I like the fact that there are people there all of the time, yet she has the privacy of her own room and bathroom. I think she has the best of both worlds. She gets some assistance with getting up in the morning and with her medications.

It seemed like there were more activities at the last place she was at, but she hasn't been there that long yet.

The location is not too far from where my disabled son lives, so it is easy to get to both of them to take care of them.

So far I'm pretty happy with them. I was really happy that they that they called me when she fell; they keep me abreast of things.

Awesome Experience Thus Far!

I placed my mom here on 9-24-14. So far I am very pleased about the care my mom is receiving. The staff is always pleasant, informative, professional and helpful. This is a good fit for my mom.

I have mixed feelings.

I have mixed feelings. They are very clean, and the staff is friendly. It's a beautiful place, and everything else is great. They have her get out of her room everyday to do projects. But it was hard as sin to get her medicine straightened out, but I think we finally got that part. The thing they are still struggling with is her oxygen. They don't seem to know how to work the machine, and they let the bottles run out.

So Happy

Tracy has to be one of the best people I have talked to in this situation. She was caring, loving and very patient with me. It is a hard decision to make when you decide you no long feel you can take care of your parent and you need help. I did a respite care first for a month and then decided to go ahead and place my mom longer. When I visit my mom she always is so happy to see me and I her. I can give better attention because it's not 24/7 anymore. The girls who work at Emeritus at Hemet in the Birch Cottage are wonderful, caring and helpful.
Thank you, thank you!!!

Genuine Care and concern for the entire family

My experience with Emeritus (now Brookedale) has been pleasantly positive. My Mom was placed in memory care.
Every staff member from contractural information, medical staff, resident activity coordinators have worked hard to assess and adjust anything necessary to help my mom in this transition. She is now healthier, eating regularly, medications are managed and "less than before admitting". The cottages are lovely; bright, cheerful, personalized, engaging for residents to have social interaction and stimulation. This has had very positive effect on both my parents now.
My dad now a resident, has managed care and I have peace of mind as we enter the "fall risk" years. We visit regularly and are encouraged by Emeritus to "join their journey". So we attend occasional activities together.
Both parents are out and about more than they ever were. they also respond to the constant interaction of the staff. We have not met one staff that has not been helpful or positive. They also seem to really enjoy their job and the guests. They work hard to help the residents know they are important and care about them. Because we all live a distance away, Our family pops in unannounced often and are always welcomed and leave encouraged ourselves!

The grounds are lovely and meticulous. There is a gazebo center as well as rocking chairs available on all porches and my parents use them often to chat. Our family LOVES Emeritus Hemet. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of our parents.

The communication could be a little better.

The communication could be a little better. They don't send anyone to accompany the residents if they go to the hospital. I looked at a lot of places and most of them were terrible, but I liked the way this was laid out. They have separate cottages so you don't have so many people in one place, some of the places looked like army barracks. I also liked the feeling I got from the staff here, they are the kind of people I would trust with my life.

Well, it is expensive, but long term ...

Well, it is expensive, but long term care insurance certainly helps. I am very happy with this place, and so is my family! Our loved one seems to be doing very well here and is well taken care of! I feel very comfortable with the place, and we all liked this one the best out of the others in the area!

Visited in January - Very ...

Visited in January - Very nice facility, with an interesting layout. Traci was very knowledgeable and helpful. Up to speed on Dementia requirements. All things considered, my #2 at this time.

Good Care

It's very clean. My dad was only there for a week on respite care. He was on the highest level of care is it was very good.

The Best Place in Hemet!

Mom was only there for a week but they took such good care of her. The girls were just so attentive and so kind. They did everything they could do to make her feel comfortable. Even the maintenance guy was great. When we were moving in the maintenance guy was right there to help us. They were all very nice! The cost averages out to the same as everybody else in town. It's good for California. They're the best, you know. We knew she wasn't going to be around long so why not giver her the best? And the really are the best in Hemet!

We Love Emeritus!

We love it! They're awesome. I like the communication. Dad has fallen 3 times and they have a policy of calling us immediately. The food options are really good. They connect with all of their residents. He's doing therapy and they're helping with that on the days that the therapist isn't there. They walk him around the facility and things like that. They're very patient. My dad eats at a snails pace but they never rush him. I think they're great. He's always clean.

It's set up in cottages so there are only like 16 residents in a cottage so it's not overwhelming - it's like a home.
Every Friday they have a happy hour with live entertainment, they go out at least once a week for lunches, they have bingo, flower arranging, etc. There is a doctor that goes to the place and they take care of all the meds. It's great!

Grandma's having a great time

Grandma's loving it there, she's being well taken care of, they're catering to her with every need that she has and they've been wonderful to her. As far as I know I think a housekeeper comes in once a week, she has a pain management where they take care of her pills for her and it's going well. We haven't had any issues with it because they have a person that takes care of it for her as far as prescriptions and things are concerned. My uncle had recommended this place because his wife had a family member who had lived there. My grandma particiaptes in lots of activities, she really enjoys her roommate, she says the food is really wonderful, she has a guinea pig so everyone loves that. All in all she's having a great time there, making new friends and interacting with the community.

Bad Experience

They are just a horrible community on so many levels. It is a bigger community who is a racket. They charge double the price that other comparable communities do. They charge a lot of money and hire at minimum wage. The people are barely trained and the nurses that were here when we were are just idiots. There are too many residents for the amount of staff that they have. The manager is never available and they really only want to cover their own behind.

It's a very, very nice facility - it'...

It's a very, very nice facility - it's very clean, very well taken care of. The staff pays close attention to him and seems to give him a lot of care. The lady who does the marketing seems to be very well-informed, and I was able to do this over the phone (I'm in Kansas and he's in California, so there were a lot of logistics to take care of) very confidently.

They've been very helpful to my mother as well, and helped to re-unite them. She had been taking care of him on her own before we moved him to the Emeritus and they've been very supportive of her since he moved in. I couldn't be more pleased, and I feel really good about this decision. His extended

Top Notch Care

The reason I choose the “Emeritus at Hemet” is because it has a really good atmosphere. The people are really friendly and helpful and it has a good layout. They have plenty of activities to help keep everyone busy. My brother also says that the food is good, no complaints. All in all Emeritus had the whole package with the top notch care that my brother deserves.

My disappointing visit with my mom at Emeritus - Hemet.

I flew out from New Jersey in April to see my mom who was living at Emeritus in Hemet. I came everyday for five days and spent the entire day into the evening with my mother. The first thing I noticed was how badly she had declined since the last time I had seen her in her home in August. She had been living at Emeritus since December and it appeared that she had become nearly completely bedridden in the short span of time that she was there. There were 14 or so rooms in my mom’s cottage and two staff members for each shift…obviously a gross shortage of help. I noticed that most of the staff’s time was spent around the meals. They didn’t cook the meals but there was a lot of preparation and cleanup in the cafeteria area. I borrowed a wheelchair so I could get my mom out of bed for awhile and stroll her around outside. She told me it was the first time that she had seen the outside of the facility. She had never been taken out of her room except for when she was taken to the hospital after a fall. She was afraid to go to the bathroom on her own since she had fallen. Instead of a staff member coming in to help her get to the bathroom they would just put a diaper on her. One staff member in particular was rather cavalier in her approach. She would whiz into the room and say, “It’s time to change your diaper” with absolutely no regard at all for my mom’s dignity. My mom had not brushed her teeth for several days before I got there and the staff made no effort to help her brush her teeth. Her toothbrush was nasty and there was no toothpaste. I went to the pharmacy and bought her a new toothbrush and toothpaste and set up a little pan and water so she could brush her teeth in bed. While I was there, other than meals and medicine, the staff seldom came to my mom’s room. I asked to have the room vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned while I was there, though that was supposed to be done on a regular basis. I also had to ask them to cut my mother’s food so she could eat it and to make sure that she had access to water at all times. I tried to talk to the staff as much as I could while I was there in an attempt to insure that my mother would get more attention in the future. The food is primarily canned and processed foods that I would never eat. The medical attention is nearly non-existent. The daily staff does not have medical training and I never saw a nurse or a doctor. My mother’s medicines had been terribly confused and misappropriated. I noticed the young man handing out the medicines one day and I asked him what he had given my mom. His response was “same as usual”. The staff members were nice to me, but I noticed a lack of compassion for the clients. These are not people that have been trained to care for elderly people. At the end of my five days, I was so saddened that all I could think about was getting my mom into a better living situation. I was shocked that a facility that charges anywhere from $2000 to $5000 a month would provide so little care. My sister moved my mom out of Emeritus a month later. I'm relieved that she is now in a much more caring environment.

Corporate care isn't the best

We moved my Mom into Emeritus of Hemet last October. When she moved in she was able to walk on her own and pretty much care for herself. She did need help with medications which the med techs screwed up right away. My mom is on a blood thinner that requires frequent blood tests. The med techs weren't waiting for the test results and doctor's orders, so her Coumadin level got dangerously high. We probably should have moved her out immediately, but I thought it was going to improve. It did not. My mom fell in the bathroom and fractured a vertebrae in her lower spine in January and became bedridden. My mom does not hear well and when she would ring for help the aides would call her back on a speaker which she couldn't hear. So she would be left to lie there and yell for help -- which of course the aides resented -- and would complain to me about it.

I felt my mom was neglected, mainly due to not enough staff. There are only two aides for 15 rooms -- many of those clients in wheelchairs. Frequently there is only one aide -- and they are expected to run the vacuum and do other cleaning as well as take care of the clients.

My mom was in severe pain one night and the med tech refused to give her any more pain medication (my mom's prescription read "every 4 hours as needed") and for some unknown reason they were making her wait 6 hours. They didn't call the doctor, or even the "wellness nurse" that's on staff. So my mom insisted they call 911. When I called the doctor later that day my mom's prescription was increased. What would my mom have done if she didn't have someone that was checking on her all the time?

If you are looking for a $2,000 room and board situation, with food that is out of cans (no special meals or special requests -- even though that's what they tell you when you're looking at the place), and you don't need any help, then perhaps this will work for you. But if your elderly parent needs a little TLC look elsewhere. The director is often not available. I made an appointment to meet with him, my mom's doctor, and the wellness nurse (after another very serious medication screw-up) and the director didn't show up. He had a "family emergency", which I understand can happen, but I drove an hour to be there and he didn't even call me to say he couldn't come, much less offer to reschedule. When they increased our monthly bill from $2,800 to $5,000 I called and left a message to speak to him and he never called me back. When I gave notice that I was moving my mother I did not receive one phone call from him, or anyone on his staff.

My mom's first name is GEORGIE and when I came to see her after she moved in, they had made a nameplate that [removed] GEORGE. They didn't even know (or care) what sex she was. When my mom was in a nursing home after her injury for a month (and still paying the $2,000 rent at Emeritus) the director said he had sent a get well card and that they "usually" visit but he had been too busy. And yet when asked, he didn't even know which nursing home she was in, and guessed wrong. They didn't send a card -- another lie. This is a FOR PROFIT corporate business.

Toured w/director- Nice!

Toured w/director- Nice!

Beautiful setting. Getting new pain...

Beautiful setting. Getting new paint & furniture soon. Each cabin has own dining room.

Pacifica Senior Living Hemet is an exceptional southern California senior living community that provides Assisted Living and Memory Care. We serve seniors and their families from Hemet, San Jacinto, Green Acres, Valle Vista, Winchester, Menifee, and other nearby towns and neighborhoods in the San Jacinto Valley.

Our campus is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood near the intersection of Palm Avenue and West Stetson Avenue not far from Highways 74 and 79 in the heart of Hemet.