• Exercise
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Daily up and about check
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day

Dad loves it here

This is a smaller community which we loved. My dad loves it and is happy. They had a nice luncheon for Thanksgiving with all the families. They keep it clean and they have a nice outdoor area. My dad goes down with the ladies to the exercise class. I love that he has some friends there.

Citrus Gardens, the right choice for my mom...

By the time I found Citrus Gardens, I had toured nine memory loss care facilities or houses that had been converted to memory loss homes. I chose Citrus Gardens for my mom (who has dementia) for several reasons. First, Citrus Gardens' Community Relations Director, [Removed], does business like they did in the good ole' days. She returns calls and responds to emails promptly and she always provided me with the information I needed to make the best decision for my mom. [Removed]doesn't use pushy sales tactics. I felt she genuinely wanted what was best for my mother. Second, the facility itself is impressive. When you walk into the lobby, you feel like you're in a nice hotel. Then you walk into a large, grassy courtyard with blossoming trees and music playing - all the hits the residents sitting around tables under big umbrellas recognize and love from the 40's, 50's and 60's. Everywhere you look, you see multiple uniformed caretakers tending to the residents, their accommodations and the facility grounds. Third, Citrus Gardens has a full-time activities coordinator who schedules a full month of activities, all strategically chosen to keep the minds and bodies of those suffering from memory loss as active as possible. It was, by far, the best option for my mother... So I jumped on it.  I understand if you feel the need to shop around. But make sure your first visit is to Citrus Gardens. And if your instincts tell you what mine told me... You should jump too.  Wishing great strength and love to everyone who suffers from memory loss and especially to their loved ones who care for them... [Removed]

Nice community!!

My loved one only lived in this community for a short period of time but while he was there our family was pleased with the quality of care he was provided. He seemed to enjoy the food and company of the other residents. The building was always very well maintained and the staff always where very helpful. He just was not happy and was more comfortable at home.

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your comments! While we strive for well-being and happiness for each and every resident, sometimes a "respite", or temporary stay is a great way for a potential resident to get a feel for a community. We offer respite stays from 3-30 days--also a great way for a family to take a quick vacation,knowing that their loved one is being cared for.

was hard to find parking also although we were scheduled they were unprepared for our visit, Compared to the other properties we visited it was much shabbier

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your comments. We are working on making our community more parking "friendly", and hopefully we'll soon have a solution to this. We apologize for not being prepared for your scheduled tour, and now have a full-time Community Relations Director conducting all tours. She is also responsible for being sure that the community is in tip-top shape, and renovations have been made, much to the delight of touring community. Should you have the need for a community again in the future, we hope that you will give us another chance!

Family Feeling!!

Everyone was really nice during my tour. Everyone was really attentive with any concerns or questions that i had. This place is pet friendly and they offer great outdoor activities. The indoor activities are very limited but are good. The meals that they offer sound nutritious. I thought overall it was very well put together and very clean.

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your kind words!

This place is horrible !!! No comment

Susie Guimond

We're sorry that you had a bad experience. Referral agency advisors that have toured recently have been astonished at the changes to our community, and say that they look forward to referring families to us. This means a lot to us, because we understand that there are many choices for senior living.

So far so good, my family has been pretty pleased with it.

So far so good, my family has been pretty pleased with it. It's not five star fancy, but it's clean and the staff is friendly. So far they have met our expectations.

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your nice comments! It's true...we may not be five-star fancy, but our Hacienda resort-style is very appealing to most families!

Horrible place

This is a horrible community. Our loved one lost most of their clothes here and we would even see other residents wearing it when we would visit. They don't take the residents outside they just put them in front of a TV that is just looping. We knew another lady that moved here and when she did she was walking and talking and when we would come visit we would just see her sitting in a wheelchair and wouldn't be talking. She ended up dying from an infection after she stepped on a nail. They have 6 card tables that look like they are garage sale leftovers as dining tables that make up the dining room. The rooms are very small and you can barely move a wheelchair inside. You can't have any glass items or items that have glass not even picture frames.

Susie Guimond

We have had many changes to our community since this posting. We have enthusiastic, caring staff and have made many renovations to our common areas as well as resident's rooms. We encourage our residents to take advantage of our 6 hours worth of activities daily and weekend outings to the movies, nearby casino--whatever the resident's vote on. Too many improvements made to list here from 4 years ago!

Very nice. really pleased. ...

Very nice. really pleased. I have been to many places, my hope was running out I think I hope this is the place.

Susie Guimond

Thank you for taking time to post this comment!

visited this place. It's nice but Hem...

visited this place. It's nice but Hemet isn't the right location

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your input. We'd love to be able to uproot our communities and put them at the beach, or in the mountains--but obviously, that is not possible. Our location is situated in a nice area of Hemet, at the foothills of the San Jacinto mountains. We are located across the street from a fire station in a safe neighborhood near Florida Avenue, very convenient location.

Liked this place. A bit far to trave...

Liked this place. A bit far to travel. Price was $3250. Problem with it is in order to get to eat would have to go outside in the cold from her room to the dining room. Wasn't too happy about that.

Susie Guimond

Thank you for your input! Our Hacienda-style courtyard does give one the opportunity to feel as if one is on vacation, not in a "facility". I would hope that if the weather was cool, our caregivers would properly dress a resident before taking them to the dining room. Our rates are dependent on a couple of factors--a desire to have a private room, or share a room with another person--also, what level of care a loved one is requiring. A semi-private monthly rate can be as low as $2200.00 per month.

Citrus Court Assisted Living, located in a valley nestled between Southern California's San Jacinto Mountains and the City of Hemet, California, is the ideal lifestyle solution for senior residents with individual and unique needs. The Hacienda style building is reminiscent of a resort, rather than a "facility".

Citrus Court takes great care to ensure a comfortable and secure senior lifestyle, offering basic assistance in the routine activities of daily living to special assisted living services as well as recognizing the additional needs of people with diabetes, stroke, dementia, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's and other memory or physical impairments.

Beyond assisted living services, our community provides 24-hour awake staff care, respite short-term stay and hospice services.