Regency Park - Portland, OR

Choice, independence and new friends await you at Regency Park. Our lovely two-story building lends lush courtyards, a dedicated staff and many planned activities to our residents. Our friendly licensed nurses and caregiver teams ensure every resident at Regency Park receives the highest quality personal care possible. We also offer care for those with Alzheimer's disease and related forms of dementia in our Kingswood Court community.

Personal care assistance around the clock, medication assistance, weekly housekeeping, and apartment maintenance are only some of the amenities and services included in your basic monthly rent at Regency Park. We have beautiful outside courtyards for taking leisurely strolls and many cozy lounges. A private dining room is also available for families who would like to celebrate a special occasion. Regency Park's activity and Life Enrichment programs are unique in that they are tailored to our residents' interests. From Tai Chi to painting, residents are having fun while improving their flexibility, mobility and emotional well-being.

Regency Park equals compassion and class!

I placed my father in Regency Park on a Respite Care basis. The staff was extremely helpful, caring and the Director Sean was quick to respond to any concern. They offered me a great deal for a daily rate. The room that my father was to stay was not furnished. Regency Park went out of their way to rent beautiful furniture and artwork for the room. When my father ended up returning to the hospital, Regency Park was quick to offer me a refund even though my father was residing their for over half a day. They chose not to charge me for that day. Regency Park is a beautiful facility. The food was wonderful and listening to a resident play the Grand Piano while eating, was a plus!

Satsified with services

Great place and they provide a good level of care. We're pretty satisfied with the services there. The food is okay.

going nicely

Regency Park is going nicely. The caregivers in the memory care are good. The facility is clean. The staff are friendly. Overall it has been a good experience here. The whole situation has been a nightmare because I could not get mom and dad at the same facility. But things at Regency Park have gone well.

It's a very nice place. My mom has a lovely room..

It's a very nice place. My mom has a lovely room. They offer activities. They have exercise and lots of music. I think she could use more guidance. Sometimes it's hard to find a parking spot but I don't mind walking a little. The communication with the staff has been good most of the time, but sometimes I have to push. Basically, I am happy with this facility. I would recommend the Regency Park. It's a nice place overall.

The food was substandard. The lunch choice was a hot dog and beans or a bland chicken burger, not impressive at all. The residents detached and main staff just putting in their time it seems. They did have 3 main level apartments and beautiful hotel style building. the downside was the activity areas were spread out on two floors.

really good

They did a really good job. When they say "assisted living" they really mean "assisted living" as they go above and beyond assisting with everything they can. They have done a really great job coaching my mother, paying close attention to her needs, and proactively keeping me informed each step of the way. It has been a very positive experience and I highly recommend Regency Park.

exceptional

The people that were providing the care were exceptional. They were really great. The head nurse was very patient with my mom. All the folks were outstanding. The fact that they had a respite care is amazing and saved us a couple of times. They were very flexible with us to meet our needs and accommodate our schedule. Mother felt very well treated at Regency Park.

We were very pleased with Regency Park,

We didn't really have any concerns at all. We were very pleased with Regency Park, both with the facility, and the staff. They were very caring, and I would rate them very highly.

My mom lived here until her recent death. The staff at Regency Park was amazing from the moment she moved in. Her apartment was always clean as well as the entire building. The activities always had her engaged (even when she would choose not to go to something, she would have someone spending time with her).

I would recommend them to anybody.

I wish that my loved one had gotten to spend more time here, he would have loved it here. I would recommend them to anybody. They took extraordinarily good care of him. The food was great. It is a good quality facility.

Very nice place!

They've done a fantastic job at Regency Park so far! The care staff are phenomenal! They are friendly, responsive, and very dialed into the residents and their daily routines. It's a great looking facility, the rooms and services they provide are a fantastic value compared to some others we saw in the area. They are a bit more expensive, but you get so much more for what you pay.

very pleased

They have done really well taking excellent care of mom. They have also been really good at listening to our feedback and implementing things to facilitate all our special requests. I live a couple of hours away from there, and if I call one of the managers of the units they set up a time to get mom and put her on the phone for me to talk with her. We are just very pleased with them.

Overall they are doing a pretty good job.

Overall they are doing a pretty good job. The communication with the night shift could be improved a bit. When they say that they are going to do something, they should make sure it's communicated with the night shift. It's a clean place and the staff is friendly. They could use a little more activity in the Alzheimer's unit. I chose it because I liked the location, it is close to the hospital, and it's close to me as well.

He likes all the help that he is getting

My loved one lives here. He likes all the help that he is getting, so that seems to be working out. It is also close to another family members home, so it makes visiting or stopping by if he needs anything very convenient.

We felt the environment is ...

We felt the environment is not energetic enough.

Lovely Place, but Private Pay ONLY

I was impressed by the facility, the atmosphere, the programs, the people and the menus. I did feel the nonrefundable community fee equivalent to a full month rent ($4600 in my case) is really excessive, and twice as high as the next highest fee I found elsewhere. I visited six places, and this fee ranged from $600 to $2500 elsewhere, most about $1000. Why would they need thousands more??
However, the biggest drawback of Regency is that it is strictly private pay only, no Medicaid, you must move out when your money runs out. If you are very well to do, with no risk of money running out, this is a lovely place.

A nice place, with sub-par food

This is a beautiful community, it's clean, modern, and the apartments are nice looking and well maintained. The staff and residents are all very friendly and Mom has already made a few new friends.
They have a few issues, however. The care itself is a bit disorganized and some of their activities will be cancelled on short notice.
The biggest issue I have is the food. It is horrible. As much as we like everything else here the food has made us consider looking in to other options. They've hired a new chef recently, and Mom said things have improved a bit, but it is still not acceptable. The quality of the ingredients purchased by the community is the problem, not the preparation. It appears they do not buy fresh, despite the abundance of produce in our area and the ingredients appear cheap. If they could just do better with the food I wouldn't have any problem recommending this place to anyone.

Huge Place

It's huge. I thought it was just too big for my mother. She has dementia and I thought, because of that, a smaller place might be better for her.

Staff communication and care

Well we were told how they could provide professional care for our Mom. We have been with them just over 2 weeks now and we have had issues with the staff. First they did not know what day we were moving in. Second the paperwork from the Doctors office was not looked at before we came on that Monday, so they could determine where to put mom and what care to give her. So we had to leave her furniture and come back the next day to move mom in. Well now we are dealing with CNA's who do not know who they are caring for. They have forgotten or did not know they were to escort Mom to meals and check in on her every couple of hours. So she has missed a few meals, not ok. We picked this place because they have a good staff ratio, but I am not seeing that at all. We see the CNA's busy on their phones even when in the room with our Mom. Soiled bed sheets were left in the shower one morning. I have address some of these issues and will again. We are thinking of moving her. There non refundable deposit is outrageous, it is one month's fee. I would not recommend this place if your loved one needs to be checked on often.

Communication is lacking

We find that communication has not been great between the shifts as well
As the staff with us.

Assisted Living at Regency Park

Excellent staff, food and facilities. Also a large numbers of activities for those who want to participate. Any issues are dealt with if communicated to the staff. It's a high-quality facility that is regarded highly by outside agencies and caregivers who have clients in residence. I recommend a tour for anyone who wants decorate their apartment with items from home, and have flexibility in their activities and making new friends.

Really nice, all these places are exp...

Really nice, all these places are expensive, but this place is good -