Hawthorne Gardens Senior Living - Portland, OR

Welcome,

Thank you for your interest in Hawthorne Gardens.

Home is a place where you find comfort, a feeling of security, and a sense of belonging. We make it our goal to create just that. Hawthorne Gardens is nestled in the historic neighborhood of Southeast Portland, where there is a true feeling of home. The neighborhood charm directly resonates throughout our community.

This quiet and quaint residential setting makes Hawthorne Gardens Senior Living an optimal place to call home. Our residents describe our community as warm and inviting. Most importantly, the residents recognize our staff’s ability to create a family-oriented atmosphere.

Freedom from doing laundry, household maintenance and upkeep, and even changing a light bulb allows residents time to enjoy the multitude of recreational and social opportunities available steps from their front door. When you enjoy weekly housekeeping, linen service, and homemade meals Celebrating the Art of Life takes on a whole new meaning.

The best way to learn about our community is to come in for a visit. We are open seven days a week to schedule a time that works best for you.

Be assured that we are here to assist you through this process. We encourage you to call or visit our community with any questions. Again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

The Team at Hawthorne Gardens

Outstanding Care

My parents are very well taken care of at this wonderful community. the staff is outstanding and are always concerned about there care. All of the meals that are offered and are excellent. I would highly recommend this community for others for outstanding care.

Very Impressed With The Clanliness

My cousin has adjusted very to this community. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. I'am very impressed with how clean everything is. They do a very good job with maintaining the community. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. Everything is going very well. I'am confident about the care she is receiving. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Great place in the city

I am pleasantly surprised with the services provided. The activities are varied with an emphasis on diverse exercise opportunities daily - even Sat and Sun.

The facility has only one small elevator - a big inconvenience for diners on all 4 floors when the dining room is on the first floor. Residents are patient and have learned how to make this work, but at first look this is very upsetting. The fire hazard question loomed large with me until the fire safety measures were explained to me - multiple automatic fire doors on each floor and fire department main lines in the stairwell on each floor.

The facility is also connected several times each year with neighborhood gatherings so residents feel that they belong and are important.

Sidewalks are somewhat uneven, but Hawthorne probably can't do much about that.

The alert necklaces should be replaced with bracelets as residents remember to wear them more when they put on on their watches and bracelets at the same time.

strong advocate for this facility

I am very pleased with Hawthorne Gardens Senior Living. The staff is stable, which is a really good indicator of the facility. I recently understood, that they have sold. So, I am hoping that her rate doesn't skyrocket. The staff are responsive to any requests that we have. She wanted to switch from dairy to almond milk and they were very accommodating to that. The chef even came out and asked her, if he needed to cook with it for the meals. They also added routers to the computers when she first moved in, because she was having some issues. I am a strong advocate for this facility. I just hope it stays the same.

They've been great so far. I would give them a five. The staff is wonderful, and she likes the variety of food, she likes that there is a choice. I don't really have any complaints at this point. They seemed to be pretty comparably priced to other similar quality places in the area.

They were great at the intake process. They were really helpful because it was a stressful situation and they went above and beyond, putting in extra time and helping to make it happen. That was the most outstanding thing, them helping get my step-mother moved in to the residence.

The residents live on floors 2-4. Everyone will be going to the dining room at the same time, and that will jam up the elevator. the rooms were small.

They take great care

They did very well, we never had any complaints about anything. The staff was good, and it was a nice and clean place. It is anassisted living community and it worked great while she was independent. The staff members are extremely conscientious and respond quickly to any issues. They take great care .

I met with Tawnia who was very nice and obviously very experienced. She was able to help me with crucial questions such as whether Medicaid would cover my mom should she need to reside in their memory care unit (sadly, it would not cover her there but only in the assisted living section). The rooms and overall environment here was by far the best I've seen yet and it felt very comfortable to me there. I could pretty easily picture my mom there. It's not as homey as home but for an assisted living situation, it seems really nice. I

It's been a great place so far.

It's been a great place so far. They have a very attentive, and caring staff, and very professional too. There are lots of activities going on, and the apartment is really nice. It's in a nice setting, it doesn't look institutional. It's a very nice white stone building. We are paying about the same for more than what she was getting where she was before. The elevator is the main way to get up and down and there is sometimes some waiting. They are really good people and they care about the residents. I get very quick replies to any questions or concerns that I have about anything and everything. We really are very pleased with them.

Neighborhood Feel and Wonderful Care at Hawthorne Gardens

My mother has only been in Hawthorne Gardens for two weeks so this review is based on a very short experience, please bear this in mind. I like the fact that HG is not a huge facility, it feels very intimate and my mother feels comfortable. I have found staff, admin and service, very friendly and accommodating of any requests or issues that have come up- issues are minimal I might add. There are multiple activities and my mom has participated in many each day. Food is adequate, not outstanding but typical for a facility such as this. The facility is clean, and the outdoor amenities are very inviting. My mom and our family hope to take part in some of the events they have in warmer weather. There is transportation to appointments included in monthly cost and of particular help to my mom HG has a contract with a computer trouble shooting company who got her Internet issue resolved. The neighborhood setting is lovely too with children and families all around giving HG the feel of a group of people sharing a neighborhood home.

I didn't think this was big enough, h...

I didn't think this was big enough, he likes to be around a lot of people. We had a friend who had lived there, she just died, but she loved it there. They did say it was hard to take walks around the neighborhood because there weren't many sidewalks.

All stars. This place is great.

All stars. This place is great.