Sea View Senior Living Community - Brookings, OR

Needs more walking paths

My Mom lives here. The building is fairly new and is solely independent living. There are no places to go for walks because the property is fenced in and there’s a highway that runs right in front of it. The staff seems to be fine and Mom likes her apartment. She has a good view of the ocean from her room. The food they serve is okay; she’s allowed to take her meals to her room, so she takes advantage of that a lot. A lot of the residents can’t interact with her because they aren’t as high functioning, so it can be a bit boring. Overall, I would recommend this place, but they should create a walking path for the residents that want to take walks.

would like to see some gluten free options

Overall it has been a good experience at Sea View Senior Living Community. It would be nice if the food served could be catered to special diets. My mom is gluten intolerant and I would like to see some gluten free options given. Other than that things are good at this facility.

Excellent

My mother in-law loves her new home.

Just No Comparison

I think that the biggest thing for my mom is that everything shuts down so early. I recognize that a lot of it is, half of the residents are independent living who can go off and drive and do their own thing and then their are the others who are assisted living and unable to get out and around, so a lot of people like my mom would appreciate it if things were going on during the evening, even just once in a while. My loved one just gets kind of lonely in the evening. The value of the food is amazing. The quality is really, really good. Another thing they have is a salon which is pretty neat. There is just no comparison. They also have once-a-week maid service. All-in-All I am pretty happy.

Nice place overall, a few ways they could improve

Overall things have worked out well with Sea View Senior Living. In terms of the care and services they provide I think they do a good job. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The marketing person we worked with, Sonya, was very helpful through the whole move-in process and made that very easy. They also do a great job with the food here, it tastes good, the portions are a nice size, and it seems nutritious.
There are a few concerns I've had, however. During the touring process they mentioned that they put a lot of effort into helping new residents get integrated socially into the community, and I haven't seen much of that going on. This was a big selling point for me, so I'm disappointed in that regard. I've also noticed that my loved one's room gets very hot, and the windows in the living room area are not the type you can open.

Sonia made us feel very welcome. We took a tour and had lunch in November.

I'm very satisfied with SeaView Senio...

I'm very satisfied with SeaView Senior Living. I'm pleased with their services. I'm happy with the staff, the cleanliness of the facility, and the care they provide. There have been no issues to deal with, and there are no complaints. I would definitely recommend Sea View to other, in fact, my mother in law is on the waiting list.

Disappointed

My mother-in-law lived here before we moved her to a different community, and we were not happy with the the place. They gave a great first impression, for example, they offered to help her move in all of her belongings. Once she was booked to move in, they did not keep this promise. There was a great lack of consistency and communication. We could never seem to find out what she was up to and the community failed to keep us updated often. In a matter of two years, the community had a change in management three times! We lived over three hours away, and this was difficult without a good level of communication. They even "misplaced" her wheelchair at one time. The food was also dreadful and the wait staff was awful. We ended up moving her and have been much happier since.

Great place

We just placed our 98 year old mother in Sea View and are very happy with the facility, staff and her very nice apartment. Everyone has gone out of their way to welcome mom and help her adjust.