Orchard Park Assisted Living - Bellingham, WA

Happy father Happy life

My father in law has been at Orchard Park for one year and has grown to love it there. He will do his won thing and they are there to support him. The nurses in charge always take what I have to say and then act on them.

The best thing to do is to take them there. The moment they walk in, they'll either love it or not. My mother loved it! They're friendly, accommodating, and remember you. My biggest concern is how much they are wasting money on the food. It's not well prepared. That's the only area that needs a lot of work. They have a lot of sodium. Any other area, they excel.

Take caution

They have lost two directors in nine months. On their third, as well as third head nurse. Many Nurses AIDS disappeared as with each new switch. It has been a revolving door, and now appears to have the least caring group of nurses aids.
Mom has been there almost four years, it has been bad the last nine. Nobody trains the next person about her individual needs or habits. The rent went up four times in nine months. Many people have left. Beware.

Beautiful setting, very accommodating!

My Father-in-law is very happy at Orchard Park, he really likes it there. It has a beautiful setting. They are very accommodating for family meals and special events/celebrations. He enjoys the food completely. He does participate a little bit in some of the activities, though he does think some of the movies are too old.

My father-in-law especially enjoys being on the main level. We have placed flowered pots on his deck which helps to brighten up his view. He loves to watch the birds flitter in the bushes and an exploring raccoon made a stop while my husband was visiting.

Toured A lot Of Places And We Loved This One

We got really great results here at Orchard Park they have been really great to my mother. She is still taking some time to adjust with everything but I know with some time she'll be okay there. We looked at about 3-4 places and Orchard stood out to us in terms of the availability of the rooms there and the people there are really great. I happy that she isn't from me the location was perfect for us. Over all they are really helpful to my mother and I would recommend this community to my friends and family.

Friendly staff, and lots of activities!

Things have gone very well so far at Orchard Park! The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they're great at working with the residents! They do a great job informing residents about the activities and subtly encouraging residents to participate (Mom would be against it unless she thought it was her idea!). They also have an excellent dining service, the food is very good! I was surprised at how quickly Mom settled in here, we're very happy with Orchard Park!

They were absolutely fabulous.

They were absolutely fabulous. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. It was absolutely great. They were just wonderful. My mother passed away unexpectedly, and they took care of everything. Everyone there called all of the doctors, that she had appointments with, for me and took care of everything. They have called me a few times and asked if I needed anything. They have been great. We became family. I would recommend them extremely highly. When I walked in it just felt right. Every employee I ran into was awesome.

Orchard Park Assisted Living Community

Even though my Mom only lived at Orchard Park for 18 days, it was a wonderful 18 days. She was treated with respect and love by everyone there -- the nursing staff, the front desk staff, the aides, and the dining hall staff ... I can't say enough good things about all of them. I would highly recommend Orchard Park to any family member looking for care for their loved one.

Very quiet. no one seen tha...

Very quiet. no one seen that lives there. Again loneliness might be a problem.

Fancy

The people were nice. It was multiple floors. They were maybe too fancy for my dad. People that like fancy things, that's for them. There's nothing wrong with them.

An 82 unit Assisted Living facility, Orchard Park provides accommodation to clients ranging from those totally independent to those requiring 24-hour care. Staff includes Licensed Nurses 24 hours a day.

Apartments range from studio to 2-bedroom/2-bath up to 860 square feet. All are fully carpeted, have private bathrooms with walk-in showers, and small kitchenette (refrigerator and microwave). All utilities (except phone) are included. Pets are welcome.

Call systems, with pull cords in bedrooms and bathrooms, activate pagers worn by staff assuring minimal response time. There is also an intercom system in each apartment.

There are two elevators and five guest laundries.

A private dining room is available for guest parties. We will cater, or families can arrange their own catering. Common rooms provide excellent meeting places where residents/family/friends can read, play games, create, or just sit in quiet meditation. The fireside room/library is especially suited to this.

Our goal at Orchard Park is to provide a home like environment where clients can live as fully and independently as they are capable, while knowing, when needed, assistance/care is available. We strive to honor their independence, privacy, and freedom of choice, while preserving their dignity.