Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community- Bellingham, WA

Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community- Bellingham, WA has yet not published prices.

A very nice facility and fair design apt. Best bath area seen. Expense concerns with respect to needs assessment levels & need clarification. Good safety attention/ease of use.
Parking could be difficult. Medicaid not available. Good menus & varied activities communicated well. High entry fee.
Amenities good variety. Revisit.

They Checked Off In All Our Box of Needs

The move is going very good. She absolutely loves being here. The staff are doing a fabulous job taking good care of her. They exceed our expectations. My mom is getting involved around the community. This community was in the closest location to us.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad your mom loves being at our beautiful Spring Creek community and that we continuously exceed expectations!

Everything went well!!

My husband was only at this community for a short stay while I went out of town and everything went really well for him. The staff where very attentive to his needs and made sure to accommodate his needs to the best of there ability. He had no complaints about the meals they served and enjoyed the activities they had throughout the day. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for choosing our Spring creek community. We are super happy that your husband had such a nice stay!

Wasn't the right fit for us

Our experience with Spring Creek was short but the staff and executives were helpful and friendly .I thought the facilities were very nice and we liked her apartment.

Spring Creek Rocks

We moved our parents into Spring Creek about a month ago. Their 2 bedroom apartment is very nice. Always have neat activities taking place. Very clean on folks say the food is good. Highly recommend

Spring Creek

We moved mom into Spring Creek a little over a week ago. After agonizing over this difficult decision, we are pleased to see that for the most part she has settled well. It is not easy taking mom out of the home she lived in for many years.

The staff have been very helpful in making her feel welcomed and comfortable.
She loves the food and says "everyone is really nice".

Overall we are quite pleased with the transition
Having helpful, friendly staff has really helped her and us.
They have been quick to answer our questions and take care of any issues which helps put our mind at ease.

Looks Good, but Needs Serious Staff Changes

The food service is very slow and strange . One waiter was actually extremely rude to the elderly woman he was waiting on at the next table. It takes an hour to get waited on and the food is miserable. The elderly folks at this place have one thing to look forward to in their lives and this is the food. Spring Creek has competition down the road now, so perhaps they will change. A few changes in the staff and a little monitoring to stop abuse is needed. This is very frustrating for my family to witness when we visit. The staff is not certified and the head of care/nursing is not even a CNA. Spring Creek has the potential to be a very nice place, however, staffing and monitoring issues are problematic. There is no-one available if you come by in the evening to visit a family member. The red button to have a staff member buzz you in is never answered. No-one ever comes to the door. If no-one is there at night, who is watching over our family members? Where is the assisted care we are paying for?

I am very pleased with Spring Creek.

I am very pleased with Spring Creek. They are very good at accommodating the families and helping with the process. The food was really good in the beginning, I don't know what changed, but lately she is not happy with the food.

I am forwarding this on because of the complaints, lack of response and follow through on several basic issues from simply getting a television to work in their room to the [removed]in the dining room. My family is paying for services that they are not getting.

1) The meals are the biggest complaint. Our parents go to the dining room to eat and it takes nearly an hour to get their food from the time they order. When they do get it, it is cold, not what they ordered, or their food never shows up. This is unacceptable, particularly for people who depend on this service and are paying for it. Often, this lack of service interferes with doctor and therapist appointments that they will be late for. My parents end up not eating and going hungry. We wrote a letter to relay that this [removed] is unacceptable and there have been several follow up conversations. All of these receive the same response, “We’re working on it.” I did a search on reviews for Spring Creek (included below) and it looks like they have been [removed] their residents and “working on it” for two years now.

2) Basic television service is included in the cost of their room and theoretically we are paying for it. It has been 2 months since my parents moved in and there is still no TV. I have personally asked the onsite facilities to get their TV working and the response was "We have a bunch of old boxes up stairs I will see if I can get one working, they seem to break down a lot." So they brought a box by that doesn't work. This is unacceptable.

3) They were supposed to get an orientation on how the facility runs where things are etc. That took over a month and it was very brief. I guess if you are looking for a place to put your elderly family I would not suggest Spring creek.

[removed]

Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted living is HORRIBLE!

I really didn't want to give Spring Creek a half a star but it wouldn't let me leave it blank.

DO NOT MOVE A LOVED ON INTO SPRING CREEK IN BELLINGHAM!

I just read the latest state report. Five citations were issued 10/18/14. They have been having med aides doing nurse's duties. Insufficient and untrained staff, leading to falls and medication errors. Lack of state background checks on employees. Lack of national background checks on employees. Many staff members lack certification requirements.

I have a family member currently at Spring Creek and we are searching for other facilities. We were promised all sorts of wonderful things. We are lucky if our loved one isn't in dirty clothing, or soaked through with urine. Residents are often neglected due to low staff numbers.

********Stay far, far away!**********

My experience with Spring Creek Retir...

My experience with Spring Creek Retirement and Assisted Living has been good. They made the move in process very easy. They were very accommodating with our schedule. It's been a good experience for my mom.

Good value

Some of the staff is good and some is not so good. Compared to Canada it’s a pretty good value. For my family it’s a good community. We would highly recommend it. It’s clean and the care services are really good.

Very energetic community, p...

Very energetic community, people visiting in the community rooms. Lots to do, everyone friendly. Staff all seem to like their work and want to be there.

An ideal place for my aunt

We decided on Spring Creek because we like the resort atmosphere rather than the old age home atmosphere.
Because the last thing you want is to be reminded that you are in an old age home. The units are condo style - a bedroom, living room, huge bathroom, a walk- in closet and a kitchen sink with cabinets and condo size fridge.
Other retirement homes just have a bedroom and a bathroom. The dining room is large with menus to choose from, and it is free style dining. The unit we picked is 400+ sq. ft. , monthly rent is $2790, which includes housekeeping, 3 meals + snacks, transportation to doctors and outings. in room telephone and cable.
The only thing that I was not told in the beginning was that there is a $2000 one time admission fee. But I was told that most communities have that fee.
My aunt moved into Spring Creek about 2 weeks ago, so far the services have been great, and the staffs seem quite friendly.

Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community is located in Bellingham, WA in a very safe environment. This situation provides the residents with the ability to get out and about to enjoy the many different stores, restaurants and attractions in the area. The residents love to get out and about and make friends with the other people in the community, and this facility provides them with the ability to do so. At the Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community facility seniors will also enjoy the inside activities that are provided for them. They will be able to make friends with the other tenants and stay active and healthy with the fitness equipment that is provided for them. For meals at the Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community, residents will find that they are nutritious and prepared on a regular basis, three times a day. They will be able to enjoy eating in a restaurant style dining room. If special dietary needs are required, this can be arranged for. Seniors will be taken care of on a daily basis when they live in the facility, making them feel safe and happy. Care at the Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living Community facility is provided for by extremely well trained staff members. They are able to assist the seniors living in the complex with the personal care they require. The residentsÆ personal hygiene care will be provided for, as well as their other needs accommodated by the congenial staff members.