Creekside Continuing Care Community - Burlington, WA

Though some seniors may be apprehensive of moving in to an assisted living facility, the Skagit Valley Senior Village will provide everything that they need to feel at home. The village offers an extensive list of amenities that will please the sensibilities of nearly anyone who decides to live here. Family members will also be happy to know that the staff here is very experienced with providing almost any type of care. You may want to read through some of the basic information on what it is like to experience life at Skagit Valley Senior Village. Many seniors living here enjoy the fact that they have their own private cottages on the premises. This helps them maintain a sense of independence that they might not receive at other facilities. They can choose to interact with some of the other seniors here whenever they need to. They may even want to take part in some of the scheduled social living activities that are routinely put on by the staff. These are offered in conjunction with memory care programs, which can help prevent the onset of dementia. Finally, you may also want to know about the medical services offered through this home. All seniors living here will have their relevant medical needs well taken care of by the experienced nursing staff. They can help manage their medications and ensure that they receive it in the proper order. Seniors can relax and focus on simply enjoying the life experience provided here.

They are starting a program to work with elementary school kids!!

The staff have been very helpful at this independent living community. The food is good for the most part. They have outings and daily exercise classes. We also play cards nightly and have movie nights. Pets are allowed. The only draw back is they increase your rent 10% every year on your anniversary. I would recommend this community.

Dad thriving in memory care unit

Our 90 year old father lives in the memory care unit. He was becoming very withdrawn at his assisted living facility and was eating only a small amount of food in his room. It was time to find an option tailored to individuals with significant memory issues and some agitation. He has blossomed in this warm, caring facility. He is no longer isolated and always eats In the family atmosphere of the dining room. The facility is very inviting and well maintained. The staff is uniformly kind, cheerful, and communicative with us as a family. The weekly bus tours have been an added bonus.

Nice facility

The thing that my Dad dislikes is that they are very inconsistent with the food in the dining room. You never know what they are gonna do. Other than that, they are really pretty good. It's a nice facility. The staff is pretty good for the most part.

mom is happy

There have been a few challenges and issues here and there but for the most part they have been good. There were some issues with maintenance as my mothers air conditioner was not working and it took a while to get it fixed.

Other than that things have been very good for the most part. The people there are friendly and my mother is very happy and doing well there.

Clean and well appointed

We are very happy with Skagit Valley Senior Village. Our Mom has only been in the memory care section since the end of September and thus far have no complaints. They do a nice job of decorating over the holidays to make it festive and cheery. They go on outings in the van and have activities for those who can participate. They have several options depending on your needs. Independent living, assisted living and memory care so you can stay within the village depending on your situation.

Very nice place, overall

Overall we are pleased with how things have gone with Skagit Valley Senior Village, I'd give them high marks across the board. I wouldn't rate any one particular aspect as "excellent", but they do a pretty good job and I am very confident this is the right place for my loved one. The facility itself is nice looking, the activities and services provided are solid, the food is good, and the price is fair. I also like that they provide both independent living as well as assisted living, so that if my loved one's care needs advance in the future it will not necessitate a move.

Caution - Assisted Living needs improvement

My father lived at SVSV for 5 months in assisted living and loved it. But he has dementia so couldn't understand why I moved him due to the fact the people in charge of his care were not only ignoring problems but also covering up when I brought things to their attention. Many excuses and blaming my father or me instead of taking responsibility for their job. Poor communication between staff.

My Brother is Pretty Happy.

The main reason we choose “Skagit” was because my brother who was the one that was moving in has limited resources and they had the right price. We were a little worried at first but come to find out that this was the right choice, my brother needed a good place to be and he found it. The people are very friendly and everything is nice and clean. They helped to move my brother from Idaho to here, so when we arrived in the room we were surprised to find out that nothing was unpacked. Come to find out they don’t help you to unpack or set anything up. The food is really good, I have had a couple of meals with my brother their and we both like the food. The common areas indoor and outdoor are nice with plenty of seating. All in all “Skagit Valley” was the right choice for him. My brother is pretty happy here and settling in well.

We were given a comprehensive and inf...

We were given a comprehensive and informative tour by a very accommodating and pleasant young woman, the Director of Community Relations, on VERY short notice late on a Saturday afternoon. She showed us around Creekside's main building and one cottage, gave us all the information we were after (such as costs, availability, amenities, etc.), and sent us off (after 6:00 p.m.!) with literature, a box of See's candies (Valentine's Day nearing), and in all an excellent impression of Creekside.