Ocean View Nursing Home - New Smyrna Beach, FL

Ocean View Nursing Home - New Smyrna Beach, FL has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Short Term Rehab

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are taking good care of my loved one. They are in the room all the time, checking my loved one out and seeing what's going on. They seem to have a lot of care about them. Therapy has been very good. They respond just as soon as I ask for it. They are very exceptional and friendly. The food is very good.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

It was fine for me. The odor was nonexistent. I am sure you heard this, the parking is terrible. Also, If I am ever in a place like this I would not want to be wheeled in the hall to fall asleep on the first floor. It's depressing. It's too bad there is not a lobby for them to go. It doesn't feel like there is a community room.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

The nurses are nice and helpful. We used this facility because we were familiar with it. Just like before, we're happy with the facility!

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

It was good and everything was great. The therapist was really nice. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. If you rang the bell then they came right away 99% of the time. The staff is really friendly. It was clean. The meals they were serving were good but it was cold by the time they brought it up.

Everything was great!

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They have been very good here. The PT people are taking care of her and what is going on. The meals are okay.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are very friendly. I'd stay there myself.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

I cannot say enough about the OT and PT and that is why I went there. All the OT's and PT's put their heart in it and they go the extra mile. They are wonderful people. They all go out of their way to take care of me especially the food people. They went the extra mile. They are constantly cleaning. The guy who buffs the floors was always there doing his job. Some of the meals could have been a little better. I especially like they helped me with the tray and the Bistro with my husband. They need to get the TV working in the Bistro and it did not always work. The communication was good and we would go to the desk and the nurse and always there for us.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

We haven't had any problems. The meals are fine but the meds make things not taste right.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are friendly, professional, and personable. There are no issues at all with the staff! Looks are deceiving and it's old facility so it's really easy to look at that say well it's dirty and it's really not. The floors are buffed to look like a mirror. It's an old building they keep it so clean. The communication has been great with the administrators and the social worker.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

She is very happy there! I couldn't find any place better for my sister to be honest with you. The are very friendly, helpful and thoughtful. They are always clean. My sister says "it is cleaner than my house!". She likes the meals. If there is something wrong or if they need me then they call me! I like the way they operate. My sister she likes it, they are doing a good job.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

What I saw is not bad at all. The room is clean and she is getting good therapy. We carried on a nice conversation, and my loved one seems happy. They seem to be doing a good job. They all seem pretty friendly. The 2nd floor seems pretty clean and no has no smell. The first floor needs a lot of improvement. It smells like urine and you see debris on the floor. You see patients just in wheelchairs sitting along the wall. She said the food wasn't bad and that it is pretty good. She seems to be okay with it. They changed medicine and nobody was notified. Not myself nor the daughter. One more thing, when I went into the elevator was broke. The maintenance man told us to go up the stairs in the back. I went around back and tried to get in the back door. We thought it was locked. I went got the maintenance man and he said: "It's just stuck." What if there is a fire or a need to get in? That's a real danger there. I brought it to the attention to the maintenance man and he said: "Oh we are sorry, I will get right on it to fix." I am sure he did fix it, but still.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

You walk in it smells good, and the floors look great. Everybody I have talked to has been kind. The squeaky wheel gets oiled, and I am the squeakiest wheel. The kitchen works hard to try to get him something he will eat. If I go forward and I ask, everybody is kind and informative. Other than that they are not forthcoming. They did have to change some medications but they called me to let me know, I was very impressed with that. Once we pointed things out, things turned around.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They did very well for us. Therapy was fantastic! CNAs were great. They saw me at like 5:30 in the morning and they were happy and smiling at me and I loved that part of it. I never was that happy that early in the morning! It's absolutely beautiful. It was fantastic. The biggest issue for me was the communication. The big thing was it was overwhelming for us because everybody approach us at once, with all these things we had to do at once. There was no kind of staging. Once again, they did a great job but it was just chaos for us. The food was not the best in the world, but it's hard to make food for so many different types of people. I know it was nutritious for everybody there, but there was no seasoning.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

My mother is progressing. Not their fault but they do not respond quickly. They treat her really well, it's just a time thing. They are all very nice, caring and gentle. They have not really kept me informed but I have not called much to ask.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

My father seems to be happy with the nurses. They are nice to us. The meals are late. Communication has been iffy but we don't ask questions and they talk to him.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are friendly. Therapy is good. The meals are great. It seems like it takes forever to get a nurse to the room.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They run around like a mouse going after its cheese! They are very lively and hopping around. They do a darn good job. They try to take on any complaints and make try to make it better. It's very clean! They clean the bathroom all the time. They always sweep up. The sheets and pillows are always clean. There is no sloop around! Boy, they do a wonderful in the dinning room. It's very clean. They are very fastidious about being clean and proper. They help everyone out in there. It's very nice. They have a nice piano player that comes in the dining room. He sounds wonderful! He is really super good. He plays all the ones they ask him to play. It makes them all so happy! They always let me know what's going on with him. The workers are very good, most of them. But sometimes like on weekends and holidays, they get help and they don't seem to know how to treat the patients. The majority are good hard working nurses. They see exactly what's going on with the patients.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

My loved one likes the meals which is really good because if she's happy that makes me happy. So far it has gone well. It seems clean but the smell is less to be desired pretty strong smell over there.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

My loved one is making progress. Everybody is friendly here. Our friends recommended it to me and I would recommend it to another! They have been good about answering any questions I might have. The only thing that bugs me sometimes is that on weekends they cut out therapy also days like holidays such as on Thanksgiving.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

A lot of them are really good. To be honest with you from what I have seen this one is good. It was all clean without a lot of smell. From what I have seen in the meals and dining there is a lot to be desired. The dietary aspect is off. Flavor wise the meals are good. I get phone calls periodically and they update me pretty good. Some of the nurses do not listen. I am not too happy.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

The physical therapist was absolutely wonderful. They were doing their best. The staff and nurses were amazing. It was clean for an older place. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really bad and unhealthy. They use a lot of salt, to the point that you couldn't eat it. Times were real inconsistent. I felt like there was a lot of missed communication. But there were people there to help, get things done.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are good people and they do their job. My mother has been told she would receive therapy up to 5 times a day and it has not occurred. Disappointed because they only give her rehab once a day and she is capable of twice a day and there is no satisfactory reason why not. The therapist seems pleased with her progress but not giving it more often. The food is not consistent with my mom's selection for meals.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

They are very cooperative. All are very good, friendly, and very helpful. There are way too many people involved in the administrative staff. The finance department has been very, very helpful. The room is clean. The halls are clean. There's been no information from the doctor so we were not able to even have the meeting.

Review of Ocean View Nursing Home

The PT and OT are good. I am alarmed at the medication management. The roommate did not get put to bed until after midnight last night and was making all kinds of noises. I had to clean things. Things on the floor stay there for ages. My loved one could not cut pancakes with a metal knife. They do not keep me informed at all but they do communicate with her.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They are taking good care of my loved one and meeting rehab goals. The staff is excellent and they are all very good and very friendly. They need more Spanish speaking staff because they can't communicate with them. The room has not been mopped.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

The staff is all good. The meals seem to be good. I didn't have any problems with communication.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They do a good job. Everybody seems to be really caring and they keep me informed. Anything that is going on they call and let me know what is going on all of the time. The business office was really good at getting my loved one in there and were really nice. They changed the carpet and they are constantly upgrading it. The meals are good and my loved one does not complain about the food. The nurse or nurse practitioner contact me about what is going on at least once per week and they always let me know it is not an emergency immediately. It is an older facility but it is kept up really well.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They rehab therapy keep in touch with me. My loved one likes all of the therapists. Communication is good. I seek out the social worker and the business office regarding my questions and they are very informative. The staff is nice and they get busy. My loved one does not like the meals but sometimes they look good.

It was excellent.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They take care of any issues right away. All the nurses are pretty good. They are all very friendly. It is pretty clean overall. My loved one seems to enjoy the meals. They are really busy and I am not sure who to contact to see how my loved one is doing at this point.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

The nurse was very good and knew what she was doing and was kind, knowledgeable and efficient. They are very friendly. I thought it was very clean. The meals are pretty good.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

I like that they have upgraded the facility. They have done a lot of renovation from when I was there last. The nursing care is good. It is very clean. The nursing is pretty good. At certain times no one answers the phone and I cannot get through to the nurses center.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

The staff is friendly and the nursing care is great. The meals are good. It's clean.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They know what they are doing. All of the nurses are good. The staff was good and nice. The meals were fine and they try to give healthy food. Everybody communicates well. They would clean but the bathroom should have been cleaned more often. They are short staffed.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

Loving the food and I'm happy because my loved one is getting the proper nutrition. It's such a good thing! The response time is lacking at times.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

I'm very pleased with the rehab therapy! Rehab people stand out for being friendly! Enjoying the meals and they have been very good. The bathrooms need more attention.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

They are good. They help right away. My loved one really likes therapy. The housekeeping was very attentive to cleaning. I go to the desk and they answer my questions. My loved one does not care for the food.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

My loved one is improving with the rehab therapy. They are pretty friendly. Some of the nurses are good and some are bad. My loved one does not like the food. When he needs something he cannot get through to them for help.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

The staff is friendly. Communication is lacking. The meals do not match what is actually served.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

Staff was very good and helpful. They were friendly. It seemed clean. Everything was in order. My loved one had no complaints about the food but it was bland.

Review of Ocean View Nursing and Rehabilitation

We were having trouble with the food selections for dietary needs. The television was not working. We had mentioned it to the staff and it has not been fixed. It took a while for the facility to complete the label clothing.

2018, A resident speaks, I love it.

I am a resident of Ocean View Now for almost two years, and I love it, they, the staff will bend over backwards, to please you. Give you anything you ask for, within reason,

The activites dept, are really creative, and we look forward to what they will dream up next!

I came there on a stretcher, and was able to stand up within 4 days of PT. Now I have a special walker, and leg brace! 2018! and a wheelchair I race in,

Your loved ones will be very happy here, I'm sure!

Protecting our loved ones/becareful

My father in law is in ocean view nursing home in New Smyrna Beach Fl. This place is awful. He is blind, partial amputee and high risk for falling. He kept falling out of the bed so they had the doctor write a order to allow him to sleep on the floor on matts. When we go to visit he is sitting on the matts on the floor, his food tray is put on the end of the bed. So if he can reach it he eats on the floor on Matt. When we lifted the matts up off the floor, the floor was soiled with urine. When I asked about it they said sometimes he has to go to the bathroom and they don't get there in time. He is a diabetic. When we visited him today he has open sores and his leg is purple. His son asked about it, they said they didn't see it. We requested nursing administrator. She came and cleaned it off and acted like no big deal. We requested wound care doctor. She said they didn't have one available. We treat our animals better than he is being treated for the cost of 7000 plus a month. The staff has no communication amongst the departments. Trying to find administrators, or get call backs good luck. These places are deceiving. They sell you a good picture, once you get there it's a different story. The food is awful. Please beware, and do your homework before placing your loved ones.

Ocean View is a skilled nursing facility offering rehabilitation, nursing, and long term care services. We employ innovative concepts of services and technologies to meet the needs of every patient in a warm and caring environment. We use advanced therapeutic techniques designed to help our patients regain, develop, or maintain the skills necessary to live independently.

Ocean View believes that great health begins with caring. We are committed to excellence and strive to serve every patient with the highest level of quality care. Our Admissions officers can help educate you so you understand all possible options regarding complete care for your loved one.