Oasis at Mesa Palms - Mesa, AZ

Although this is an older property, the apartments are very nice. My friend, however, felt like she was in a funeral parlor due to the dark décor in the main community areas. The location wasn't a good fit either. The price was affordable though and the people were very nice.

I saw everything and had my questions answered. [Removed] was very informative and attentive to my situation, My only disappointment is I would have liked to know in advance that there are no anticipated vacancies until June'18 and there are 6 people on waiting list....However, this facilities has much to offer and I think it has a potential for my families future use.

Well balanced and nutritional food

My Mom lives here and seems to enjoy it. She likes the apartment size and for the price she’s paying, it’s a good value. [Removed], the man that runs the place, seems to be very nice and on top of things. The restaurant staff is very nice as well. The food they serve is good and seems to be nutritious. They have a regular menu with plenty of options and then a special item every day and it all seems to be well balanced. They offer arts and crafts, exercise classes, movie nights, and during the holidays they had entertainers come in. Overall, it felt like the best place for my Mom and she seems to be happy so I would recommend them.

Good place for independent living just not a fit for mom.

Disappointed with the TV stations

I like this facility because I have a nice apartment with a patio. I have more room than other places I had been for a lower cost. I like that my patio is facing the North so in the summer I can sit outside on the patio and not be in the direct sun. I have a full sized kitchen and storage that is included in the rent. I’m happy with the facility and my room. What I am not happy with is the limited TV service. I’m really disappointed in the TV stations I have because I am facing in the wrong direction of the TV station signal. I can’t record any of my shows or stop them when the phone rings. I send a lot of time by myself and my TV is one of the important features. I would recommend this facility but I would caution you on the side of the facility that your apartment is facing.

Not A Dog Person

We love living here but I could do without the dogs. I am not a dog lover and the barking and the noise they make is a little unsettling to me. The landscaping is done very well and they keep up with the mess the dogs make. Our apartment is very comfortable and we have a screened in patio which is very nice. The food is good from what I am told. I am a picky eater so the food is not always what I would desire. The staff is wonderful here from the housekeeping to any other staff member. We have a covered parking spot close to where our apartment is located so there is not a lot of walking to it.

Everything is going well!!

I have recently made the move into this community and so far everything is going well for me. The staff are polite and where helpful with the transition into my new apartment. They have a great activity center where all the residents can go and enjoy different events and games together. Overall things are going fine and I would recommend it to anyone.

Perfect place for my mom

This is definitely the right place for my mom. She moved in about 6 weeks ago and felt like it was home right away.
We toured several places and mom said this was where she wanted to be as soon as we finished the tour with [Removed], the owner.
The best thing so far has been that everything was just as they said, or even better. When mom moved in there were a couple of little things to fix in her unit and maintenance took care of them promptly. Mom loves the food, has made several new friends and is participating in activities because it is so easy. She has taken the bus and has a list of things she wants to try but has been to busy.
Lots of friends from her old condo location and church in Scottsdale have come to visit her and are thrilled for her in her new home

No Pool

I left the tour with a good experience. They were professional and showed me the whole community. However the biggest thing that we needed was a pool. My loved one loves to swim and it was a must when looking at communities.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community of my loved one. The Staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

The Tour

It looked very nice when I had a tour. They had a room available but we were not ready for the move yet.

A good tour!!

We toured Oasis at Mesa Palms, but they were not a graduated service, so it was not a good option for us. Thr your guide was very friendly, though.

Clean property!!

I have no complaints about the care that I have been receiving at this community. The staff have all been very helpful to me and have accommodated my needs to the best of there ability. The meals are nicely presented and I enjoy participating in activities they have available with the other residents. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

We Enjoyed The Tour

I liked the tour we had. The representative was professional with us and they were ready to show us the community. The apartment was more nice looking that was better for a handicap person. The dining arrangement had everyone sit together at the same time. My dad wanted more flexibility. I felt I got all the answers to ensure I was getting familiar with the community.

Wonderful Meals!!

The meals at this community are very impressive and my parents are really enjoying there dinning room experience. They also have a wonderful activity program put together for all of the residents that they like to participate in throughout the week to keep busy. The staff are very kind and I am comfortable with the care they are providing my mom and dad. Overall great place.

This place is Terrific!

Without a hesitation, I absolutely recommend this community to anyone looking into it! I can not say enough good things about them, the staff is attentive and most of the people that live here are positive and upbeat. I love my apartment, I have a screen door to the back patio to keep bugs out when I leave the doors open. I am satisfied with my choice!

A great place!!

The Oasis at Mesa Palms is a beautiful community. The place is clean and my mother's apartment is comfortable. Everyone is very friendly and we have no complaints.

My Thought Of The Tour

This was a nice community and I liked what I saw when I visited. The staff I met were knowledgeable and friendly. This community, however did seem a little snooty. This community did not have any openings at the time of our visit.

My mother's care

I am happy with the care that my mother is getting here. She is really like the staff that is very caring. She is offered activities for when she can participate. I would recommend this community to other families looking for good care and a good value.

Definitely an Oasis

Wow! Beautiful place! We love our apartment, the whole facility and grounds and area! It is peaceful and positive. Flexible restaurant dining is so great. Excellent food choices well-prepared meals are so enjoyable. Multiple types of activities keep you as busy as you want to be. Outings to a wide variety of places including concerts, shopping, library and even fishing are really fun. I love being in the bell choir! My husband and I couldn't be happier!

Time to be Independent!

This community is wonderful and kept very clean. The only reason why my loved one did not stay is because they only offer independent living. i need a little more attention to my loved ones. The dining area is also not to my liking looking for a bit of a restaurant feel. the staff answered all my questions and concerns. I would recommend this place.

Too Independent For Us

My dad liked this community but figured out that it was for more independent residents. He noticed he would have to walk a lot around the community. They had chess going on and they goon outings.

Good place at a good value

We've had very good luck with Oasis at Mesa Palms. They only raised the rent $25 in a year, and staff is very helpful. I would recommend them.
Only downside is they could use a better cook as sometimes the meals are overdone, and selection is not what you'd think a senior would want.

My uncle is doing great at Oasis!!!

There is good interaction between my uncle, the family and the staff. The food is good, however there is a limited variety. The grounds are nice and well maintained. The community is clean. This is a smaller friendlier community that is convenient for us to visit. I would recommend this community.

Comfort For Mom!!

This is the community that i would love for my mother to be in. The price is very good. The tour guide had so much good information to share with me about the community. The interaction between the residents and caregivers was great. It was up-kept and organized. I was offered a complimentary meal during the tour. I would recommend this community.

Very nice community!

The Oasis at Mesa Palms is newer and in great condition. They staff that gave the tour were friendly and able to address all of our concerns. We needed a room right away and they didn't have a room available. They also were more expensive than others we visited.

A nice place to live!!!

The staff are helpful and friendly at Oasis at Mesa Palms. The food is ok and they offer a good variety. There is not a large choice of activities to choose from. They keep the community clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

We Really Like It Here

We are doing very well here at this community. They are taking very good care of us. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. They have a very good job staff, they have been very welcoming and helpful. They offer nice activities. They serve excellent meals. Everything about this community is great. I would highly recommend it.

Mom is Happy

My mother is adjusting with the transition of the move into a new community. She was at her old community for 6 years so this was a big change for her. I have only visited the community once, but from what I experienced from that visit I was very impressed. The community is very well kept and nice and clean. Things worked out for us when a better room opened up for her, so that was a blessing. She is adjusting with things and seems to like to the community, which was important to us. She enjoys the food and says it is very good. They offer activities for the residents like shopping trips. Overall this is a good community to check out.

I love it

I love it i go and do all the activities that we have to offer here. I have made several friends and I have felt safe and that this is my home now.

More like an apartment complex

The unit I was shown was nice and it looks like the rooms are all pretty nice. The dining area looked very nice. I didn’t get a chance to see much of the inner grounds. This looked like a good value facility. Feels more like an apartment complex than a campus, as some facilities do.

Fantastic

This complex that we came and checked out has turned out to be awesome. It is very well maintained. Nice and helpful staff and nurses and doctors. This whole place is fantastic.

Palms!

This property at Oasis at Mesa Palms is beautiful. Between the nice compound and the helpful people there is really nothing to complain about here.

My mother moved from this retirement community a few months ago mainly due to the NOISE created by the neighbor's daughter. The property owner's son informed the neighbor of the disturbance issue three times, but the situation did not change. Also, the fact that the same neighbor brought BED BUGS onto the property caused reason for concern. In addition, the FOOD QUALITY is poor!

Great value

The value here at The Oasis at Mesa Palms is almost unbeatable. I feel like there is a very good value for what you get here , along with the great staff.

My Aunt loves it there

Great. My Aunt loves it and she is still there. There are no complaints that I know of except for the quality of food. Six months after she moved in, the food changed, but she still loves it enough to stay there.

Excellent

You will find it a good retirement place. A lit of things to do, food is good and apartments are nice.

Excellent Caregivers and Providers

They have always taken care of my loved one and have provided what she has needed. If they need to improve anything, I would say they need to have a healthier menu. All in all it is okay though, especially for the price.

It Has Potential

I have been here about a year and a half now and it is definitely independent living. It took a little getting use to. I would like for them to have a place to walk your pets. The management is friendly, but they are not very professional. The rules are kind of erratic. Overall though, the people are friendly. The food is good. They do have transportation for shopping, the activities director is very good. You just can't rely on the management to resolve any issues at all. The apartments themselves are nice, they are well laid out. It has a lot of potential, just not quite there yet.

the staff take care of the residents

So far it's good at Oasis at Mesa Palms. My mom likes the food. We are not having any big issues. We did have a little trouble coordinating the house keeping. Everyone is very friendly at the front desk. The staff take care of the residents. They develop relationships with them. There are places around that are more expensive but offer less. They have bingo on Fridays and shuttle service to restaurants and to other outings. Overall I am pleased with this facility.

I Really Enjoy Everything

I really enjoy everything about Oasis at Mesa Palms. It is a nice facility. I gave it a five-star rating on all the categories for a reason and I feel that it accurately portrays my opinion about the facility.

Can't Think of Anything To Improve

I can not think of anything that needs to be improved upon, everyone was doing a good job on taking care of everything. The manager seemed knowledge and put-together, I did not think he was aloof or anything.

Family owned business was definitely a plus. Was very homelike, Jeramy knew everybody's name that we ran into. This is a big property in a fairly nice location in Mesa.The apartment I viewed for my parents was large and airy with 9 ft ceilings. The elevator was a little bit too far for my mother to walk to and I wouldn't want her to be discouraged in getting out of her apartment.
Definitely on my list of considerations because of location, warmth of staff and price point.

A Great Place

This is a great place. We have no complaints. The manager is really good and on top of things. I would highly recommend it to other people. I wouldn't hesitate since the value is great. This facility has 140 units. Some of them are 2 bedroom units and some of them are 1 bedroom units. Overall, the Oasis at Mesa Palms is a great community. Everyone is very friendly. The staff is nice and the receptionist is friendly as well. The only thing I can't rate is the care services because it doesn't apply because this is an independent living unit.

We feel in love with this place!

My daughter picked this property for me and this was not in a familiar territory, but convenient and a great fit for us. Especially when family and friends come to visit, it’s convenient for them too. The cafeteria is clean and the food is excellent. The staff is attentive and always on top of things. I am happy with all services.

Good Facility

It was a good place really nice staff and great activities. The price wasnt that bad at all. I would consider it for anyone.

Its a really great comfy place feeling like im at home. The rooms are really big they are good at maintenance . ts a great place I have been too. Its a nice environment but only comes with 15 meals with the monthly bill.

Finally a place where service still is the best way to take care of people

I thought this is too good at first
I did it all online sight unseen and I just kept waiting for that unseen problem to arise but the staff was great right off everything better than I expected no bad surprises ! It's nice to find that good service still works !
Iam a very satisfied in every way with special thanks to Jeremy and Marsha
They made every effort to make sure I was happy ! And special thanks to a place for mom it was there first go to place I don't know if I would have found it without them Thanks all !!

Wonderful place!

Our loved one was here for quite a few years before she needed to move elsewhere for health reasons. At first she was very against moving into a "senior community", and fought tooth and nail. But within a few weeks she had fallen in love with the place and asked us why she hadn't moved here years ago! Oasis at Mesa Palms is a lovely independent living community, and we would definitely recommend it!

Off to a great start

My mother-in-law moved into Oasis a few months ago and we've been very pleased so far. The Oasis staff are friendly and helpful and have accommodated her however they could when she needed extra help or support.

There's a wide range of activities every month and while more of them cost money than we had initially realized (buy in for bingo games, etc) she's still finding lots to do.

She raves about the restaurant and food and we love knowing that even when she doesn't want to cook, she's eating well.

The Oasis at Mesa Palms has gone over...

The Oasis at Mesa Palms has gone over and beyond. So far there have been no problems. The facility is clean. Trash cans are never full, and trash is picked up. Overall I'm very pleased, and we would definitely highly recommend this facility to others.

Nice place!

I think they do a very good job here, I enjoy it quite a bit. I haven't had any sort of trouble since I've moved in. It's a nice looking place, and the people are all very friendly.

Great people

The people there are great, so even though we didn’t use much care services, I know if someone needed them they’d be great. The community is very, very reasonable for the elderly parents who are on a budget. The food is a five plus. They are extremely helpful and caring.

I have been mostly happy here.

I have been mostly happy here. The activities are very nice. The staff is very friendly. I think that if there is a conflict or a complaint made from one resident about another, the management doesn't necessarily handle it in the most professional way. This is a small thing though and I have showed my room to others, I think it's a very good place, and people should check it out.

Nice Modern Facility

This community is very clean, and I haven't heard any complaints from my loved one! The care services don't really apply, since this is independent living, and my loved one really hasn't taken advantage of any housekeeping or anything. The activities calendar looks like there are a lot of things to do! The price is really good here! That was a big selling point for us! The apartments are very nice, and it's a newer facility, so it looks more modern than some of the others.

Very reasonably priced, jus...

Very reasonably priced, just a little lower quality facility. Nice size apartments

Very nice place

My loved one seems very happy here, and I'm very pleased with their service. It is a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. The only complaint I've heard is that my loved one said the food could use a lot of improvement, it can be very hit or miss.

Happy Experience

We have my sister safely settled in at Oasis and she loves it. Jeremy and his staff have been wonderful. Everyone is very freindly and helpful.

We are so happy that we chose Oasis.

The food is just okay

It's very nice. My uncle uses the rides to go to his doctor's offices. He's fairly independent still so that's the only care he really uses. They made the move very easy for him and helped him by making sure he was all settled in. The only thing that is not good are the meals. They're okay but they're not exceptional. He doesn't like it enough to use all his coupons all the time. That's the only reason I'm putting any of the values down.

Mesa Palms is conveniently located next to the Mesa Country Club, shopping, health care and recreation in beautiful Mesa, Arizona. Mesa Palms is managed by S.L. Start & Associates. S.L. Start is a leader in the field of services to people and has been providing services since 1979. S.L. Start & Associates is committed to providing high-quality services to meet each persons individual wants.

We offer independent living apartments for active adults. When you select an independent living apartment you are freed from the worries about household chores and home maintenance. With these responsibilities taken care of by the professionally trained staff, you can take time to learn new things, exercise, travel, relax or golf.....the choice is yours! We know how important convenience and comfort are to you, that is why we offer everything from washer and dryers in apartments to flexible dining plans so you don't have to worry about a thing. We believe that the retirement years are a time to enjoy life, so we at Mesa Palms have thought of everything to make your retirement years the very best!