wonderful tour and lunch. Very impressed with the grounds and apartments. Am giving it serious thought. Thank you for referring me.

I love the openness how each resident is made to feel like they have their own personal space yet they are safe! There are many activities and opportunities for my dad to be active and social all pluses in my book! The three this most important to me socialization, friendliness and safety and this place exceed all three!

Waiting list too long for ALF was told possibly two years

Really nice! Thinking about it! Several different floor plans,lots of amenities. Reasonable prices.

Many services on site

We went with Fellowship Square in Mesa, as the meals were not included in the price we were quoted for at another facility that we looked into. They have more services on-site., doctor, Walgreens prescription delivery And more activities and food is better. The other facility that we looked at has really nice people, but it is smaller, so hard to compete…

Absolutely Recommend

So far, our experience with Fellowship Square has been great. I like the people there, and I love that the staff members know everyone's names and they really seem to care about their residents. The people in the dining room as well as the leasing agent who helped us with move in have been especially accommodating and welcoming. They have great food here, and I feel my loved one is very well fed. They also have a full calendar of activities going on as well as transpiration to appointments. My loved one wears an alarm pendent and there are also two in her apartment. I appreciate the peace of mind this provides. Fellowship Square is the kind of community I wouldn't mind living in, and I would absolutely recommend it to other families as well.

Very nice, but very small, rooms

I took a tour of this facility when I was looking for a place for my Mom. It was nice, very busy, but the apartments were smaller than she would’ve liked and were a bit out of our price range. However, it looked nice and had a lot of light. We spoke with the woman that took us on the tour and she presented the place very well. We also ate in the restaurant and the food seemed to be good. The facility looked clean as well.

Looks too much like a mental ward

When I first visited this location I thought it was a beautiful place. However, their memory care area looked like a mental ward. They had big doors that just locked them in. They had their own little bed room, but I wouldn’t necessarily call that a bedroom. It’s just a bedroom with a bed and there’s just no privacy at all to make you feel like your own home. Just makes you feel like your camping out in a school institution. It seemed like everyone there is far gone mentally.

attentive staff

While looking at other options for my loved one, I found that this location is a better fit. Everything has been going good so far. It was a difficult adjustment for him, but I believe that would be the case for anyone. The staff team here is very nice, attentive, they touch base with you, they follow through wither everything, and very supportive. I liked how this is a Christian community and they do a lot for the veterans. I most definitely recommend this location to others.

I have no complaints for this place

So far, it’s been really good. My Mom is really happy here and she’s been in a much better mood since moving in. It’s been really good for her. Her main language is Spanish and she’s been able to make friends and speak with other people in both English and Spanish. They’re really making it easier for her to communicate. The facility itself is very nice and everyone that we’ve worked with has been great. The staff has been very good with her and very helpful anytime she needs them. Housekeeping comes by once a week to clean the room and Mom has even mentioned how nice they are. I really don’t have any complaints and I would recommend them.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was helpful. [Removed] answered all of my questions and was informative. It was going to be a long distance for my mom to walk to the dining room and the laundry facility. We were looking for a convenient spot for my sister and I so we could visit her often. They had a nice open courtyard. Just not a good fit for mom.

The grounds are well kept and the apartment larger than many places. I think they’re struggling to clean up old sloppiness from past exterior painting. However, the living spaice has linoleum flooring and no dishwasher (not really a deal breaker). One minor issue is the color of the walls throughout. The rep is going to check to see if we would be allowed to paint the interior.

My new home

This is a great community for care. I like the care from the staff. The menu is good and a lot of variety to choose from. They offer activities for all of the residents to participate. We would recommend this community for a new place to call home

A tour for care for dad

We toured this community for care. We liked that the community was clean even older we were impressed. The staff was nice and the menu was nice. We would suggest that families tour the community. they do offer activities for the residents. My father would have liked that atmosphere of the community.

Price Was Too High

We toured this community and I didn't care for it. First off the price was higher than other places we had looked at. There just didn't seem to be anything that really stood out that wanted me to move there. The staff was nice but the community over all I didn't care for.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community have been just fine and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing my father since he has made the move.They have been attentive to his needs and have made sure he is safe in his new living environment. I would recommend this place to anyone who is interested.

Not A Connected Building

I did not like this community. You have to go outside to go to the dining room and the laundry room. The apartment was fine and looked nice. The tour guide was was excellent and she did nothing wrong. The available apartment was on the 2nd floor, it was hot and uncomfortable. I had lunch and the food was horrible. The residents said the chef had changed and they were not making good meals. I would have been unhappy her but as for money wise, it was good.

So very Glad I Moved Here!

I am so very glad I moved here to Fellowship Square Brown and Center. It is well organized, they have a lot to offer their residents and the Staff as well as the other residents are all very nice. The staff is very attentive to my needs and they help me in my apt as well. I am in an independent apt and it is a nice size.
They have 2 dining rooms so if you don't like what they are serving in one you can always go to the other and the menus are very good and they do follow my diet nicely.
They offer transportation to my doctor appointments and shopping outings as well. It is nice and clean here and they do help with my apt.
I would definitely recommend Fellowship Square Brown, in fact, my friend is now moving here too.

No rooms available within our timeframe for moving Dad into a facility.

A caring community for my mom

This is a great community for care. The staff is outstanding and attentive and I like that they keep me informed on her progress. I am happy that she is in a clean community and they do like the healthy meals that are available. They do have activities that she does participate in. We would recommend this community for the good care and value to other families.

Having Little Issues But The Care Is Great

The care here is great and mom loves the community. She is not doing a lot of activities and I wish they would encourage or invite the to activities. The food is great, she loves the 3 course meals. She is eating with some friends and getting to know different people. They just started passing out menus with the prices included. [Removed], stood out when we had the tour. He is in the center dining room and he was incredibly accommodating. He helped mom get adjusted to ordering from the menu. We had a lot of communication issues with the front office, we need some thing fixed and we need help with their WiFi.

Friendly Staff!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went for us. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer questions that we had for them. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities to offer all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

I would recommend this community.

The staff at this community has been helpful and answered my parents questions. My parents are happy with the activities. The food is good and the kitchen staff are great. The housekeeping staff do a great job. This community is affordable and a great value for what they offer.

Very nice stay!

My loved one's stay has been very nice! We like the fact that my loved one gets food delivered to her since she is very sick. We also appreciate the fact that there is biweekly housekeeping for my loved one's apartment.

Very good so far!!

My sister seems pretty happy. She is starting to get out more and not sitting around as much, she is more mobile. She will get up a walk to activities and we will take her out to go shopping. The only complaint she has is that some of the oils they use in fried foods upset her. They must not be using the best. I have eaten there 2-3 timers and good choices very good food, just the fried foods are the problem. My loved one got a nice apartment, and they are prompt to fix any issues. When her air conditioning broke down, they were out fixing it the next day and had an alternative way to keep the apartment cool in place.

Not my favorite!!

This was not my favorite tour I had taken of the different communities in the area for my mother. It really felt lower class and run down. They could use some serious updating and improvements throughout the building.
I just do not think my mom would be happy in this environment.

Good place to live.

I love this place but unfortunately it is in an undesirable neighborhood. Poor housekeeping.

A nice community!

I also had a very good tour of Fellowship Square Brown and Center. The facility was clean and everything was in good shape. The person that took me around was friendly and helpful. It was a nice place but not the best fit for my loved one moment.

I really liked Fellowship Square. The rooms I looked at were clean, the staff was pleasant. Even though it's a bigger facility, than were my Mom is currently at, it seems as though you get 'more' for your money.

Adjusting very well!

I really enjoy my life at Fellowship Square! I like my apartment very much. I prefer to read and keep to myself. I go to the dining room and library occasionally and I've made new friends. I even met new people in the laundry room. Jacquelyn does a wonderful job showing potential residents apartments and is very friendly.I would recommend Square Brown!

Care for dad

We like the care of this community.The community is always. The variety of meals is outstanding. They might be unstaffed at times. They offer alot of activities for those who want to participate. We would recommend this community for good care and value.

Best so far - called first. Great amenities. Price is acceptable

Did not like layout of the community

We toured this community when looking for my mother. It was nice but the buildings were detached from the main building. They had a common laundry area that was a walk from where the apartments are. It gets very hot in the summer in Arizona and we didn't feel this would be suitable for my mother.

This facility is perfect for my 93-year old parents who have been struggling on their on. The tour was excellent, [Removed] was patient, friendly and helpful. The areas and rooms were clean, the property and open spaces were well cared for. Throughout the tour, residents greeted me and my husband and seemed happy and involved. The prices are reasonable..additional services are available if my parents need additional care as they live independently. I am hopeful that I can get my parents to make the move..

A tour

This community has three floors and I felt it was just a little to large for mom. The people I met were very nice and answered my questions. I think this community would work better for a younger resident. The community was clean.

I like the care that my brother is getting here in this nice community. He is doing good and likes the staff who are very helpful. They have a good variety of meals. There are a lot of nice activities for him to participate in with the other residents. I am happy we found him a nice community with great care and a good value.

Caring community with great amenities available to the residents.

Over the top!

I would highly recommend the Fellowship Square because the staff and everyone there are amazing. The place is kept very clean, and the meals are great. It is like fine dining every night for my parents. The place is first class all the way and we are very happy.

The place is terrific!!

Our move to the Fellowship Square Brown and Center has been great. The place is great as far as all the meals, cleanliness, and staff. We are very happy and have no complaints so far about this place.

Dad Is Happy He Is Here

This is a clean and very nice community. My dad's favorite thing is the continental breakfast from 7 am to 9 am. It includes fruit, orange juice, and one hot thing like scrambled eggs and he is meeting the residents. We are happy with the professional and friendly staff. He benefits from the exercise class and can join other activities. They had a barbecue in the courtyard and invited everybody, it was a nice was to meet people. The good sign is I rarely hear from him. This is a non-profit community so there are no taxes and I chose them because the rent was less than the other places.

Review of Historic Mesa after being there 1 Month

My Mother-in-Law seems to be thriving in her Independent Apartment at Fellowship Square in Historic Mesa. We have visited her often in the first month to have dinner with her and to make sure she is adapting well to her new place. The other residents are very friendly and even greet my husband and I when we are in the dining room with her or walking the grounds. The meal choices are wonderful and everything we have tried has been very good. They have a wonderful Activity schedule that fits many people's interest.
Things Heritage Square needs to work on:
#1) When you call the Maintenance or Housekeeping Dept. you should get a live person and not voice mail during normal business hours.
#2) They need more Visitor Parking on the West side of Campus by Buildings Y, Z, etc.
#3) Not pleased with the Transportation that was sold to us at sign in. Lot's of limitations, etc. If this is important to you, talk to transportation dept. before you sign your lease.

Helpful Place!!

My father lived in the community for a very short term stay. The staff were really nice and attentive to his care needs. I felt that he was in a safe place with great people. I would recommend Fellowship Square Brown and center to friends and family they had many amenities that were very helpful.

This is a very nice property and Jacqueline was so nice and informative.

Things are going great!

My dad is enjoying his studio here at Fellowship Square Brown and Center. The staff were very helpful in getting a room available for my dad. The dining hall is great and my dad is enjoying the food. The community is well kept and very clean.

Good and Bad

My father lived at Fellowship Square for a couple of years and it was great. Then he moved to the Oasis (memory care facility) and it was terrible. We moved him out of there after a few weeks. They advise you to leave them there for the first 2 weeks without visiting "so they get familiar with everything". Don't do it. Visit often and check up on the care. The daily activities and involvement don't happen. The outdoor area and indoor living area is too small. The daily outdoor activities don't occur. The daily caregivers are great, but the management is not truthful. They didn't expect his multiple children checking in on him so frequently and discovering the lack of care.

Fellowship Square was our second choice!!!

This community was at the high end of my uncles budget. It is a larger community and he does not like a lot of people. The unit they had available was not in a good location for him. The staff that helped us on our tour were nice. Someone I know moved in and likes this community.

My parents love the food!

The staff were very accommodating while we were trying to find the right community for my parents. They were very knowledgeable and helped us throughout the process. The meals are excellent. The table settings are beautiful just like a nice restaurant. The community is safe and was the perfect place for my parents.

Friendly Staff

Very friendly staff and willing to help.

I would recommend the small assisted living side of this community.

Mom is doing good in the assisted living part of this community. The staff are very good and there is good communication with them about the care of my mom. The community is very clean. She gets to order her meals from a menu. They offer good healthy choices and the food tastes good. They encourage the residents to participate in the activities such as bingo.

Horrible Experience

We had a horrible experience here at this community. The room they had my mother in had mold and made her sick. Her room was not a healthy living space. Their service is very unfair. I was very disappointed with this community. Any issues we had they never resolved them. I would give them poor ratings and not recommend this facility.

Medical staff not engaged, equipment marginal (blood pressure) same as you would by at Walgreens. Had to look for a regular one, as it was not readily available.

Unit was lived in for 10 years prior to occupancy. The remodel was OK however, the air conditioning system was so bad with mold and mildew my mother got very sick with an upper respiratory infection. When decided to take her to another facility, we pleaded with the director, to let us pay for only one month but they insisted on 1 and 1/2 months, even though they were at fault. We paid one month then they turned us over to collection......

They are by the book, even though we may have had a good case against them for the air quality.

Sure not Like I was told Leasing should spend a day like a newbe!!

Fellowship Square Brown and Center in Mesa is a lovely and many are very happy here. Most is very clean and neat. The laundry room could use some cleaning, the clock working again and the floor quite a bit cleaner...
There are groups of friendly people but they stay in groupies like in high school. Many who have been here a long time are more friendly.
We are given lots to read about the rules and it is up to you to figure what it all means and where to find places in the books....Housekeeping, forget it, poor job if you let them in unless very necessary...
Activities, many to choose from if you like that sort of thing to keep you busy....
The bus will take you one place only at a time and the scooters and walkers are not tied down, just get dumped around the bus....

Outstanding Everything

I was so impressed by everything at Fellowship Square. The food is great, the other people living there are so friendly, everything is clean and kept up, the services and activities they offer are outstanding!!! I highly recommend this place.

A Perfect Place

I am really enjoying my time with this community. It is pretty much a perfect community, and everyone is genuinely kind to you. This community looks amazing and very clean, it is a beautiful place . The staff is great, they are always willing help to me. They take time to listen to me and really care about me. There are great activities, like a balance class to help me with my balance problem. The food is excellent, all the meals are great. My experience has been wonderful and I would highly recommend it.

We greatly appreciated all the follow up and great contacts that you gave us - Would highly recommend this service to anyone needing a new home for a loved one. A place for Mom is truly a wonderful service.

A great place for dad

From start to finish, getting our dad placed at Fellowship Square was a great experience. We found it through A Place for Mom based on a recommendation from my coworker.
That was the first smart decision - using APFM really helped me narrow down the choices and kept me from feeling overwhelmed.
Once I had about 5 different placement options, the Fellowship Square facility stood out above the rest because of a few key reasons - value, availability, transition options and their overall core mission.
The value compared to other programs was better than most - they allow for transitioning from Independent Living to Assisted Living and they accept programs like ALTCS - not all facilities do and it takes a bit of research to figure that out.
The cafeteria food was good, they have a physical therapy room and beauty shop on site, and the grounds are well kept.
Mary helped me through the process of getting placed and signing a lease, and she was an absolute joy to work with.
I would recommend Fellowship Square and am glad that we found a good place for our dad.

We have had a very pleasant experience with Fellowship Square. The facility is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. I felt lost with the vast options available during a stressful time as we were moving our father from another state to this facility. In some ways it was a leap of faith as we signed up sight unseen. Jacqueline was very helpful throughout the process and our father is happily settled. The meals provided are also quite good and the rates were very reasonable.

Peaceful new home

Mom has been a resident for two months and loves her little new home. It's just the right size to include her most precious belongings, it is very secure and safe and the food choices are amazing! Her health has improved since coming here!

Pretty Good

I think that the food is still good, but it has declined a little. The menu has been changed and it seems to me like they are cutting back a little bit. I think that the hours are a little more restricted now. Other than that, the facility is pretty good.

Everything Has Been Great

Everything has been great, it was what we needed at the time and what we were looking for. Our experience thus far has been great. We needed to make a quick transition and it seems like the staff and the whole facility has it all down. Everybody seems to be very nice.

5 stars

Facility twelfth is great. Clean and safe.

Very Good Experience

It was a very good experience with Fellowship Square Brown and Center. All the staff members were very helpful with us. It was just an all around, good experience we had. It was just really successful with them.

Just A Wonderful Place

These people have gone out of their way to accommodate my dad. and anything I ask of them that is within reason they do it. They have just been wonderful people to deal with. He's had a few incidents where he's had to call for some help, and he pushed the button and they were right there. everyone there is just as sweet as they can be and very helpful. I could not ask for a better place for him to be at.

One of the Elevators Went Out

Over all things are going well at Fellowship Square Brown and Center. Recently one of the elevators went out and my father lives on third floor. It ended up taking them a really long time to get it fixed. It should have taken days not weeks to fix. Other than that my father is very happy here.

I like them a lot so far.

I like them a lot so far. They just changed the menu, so it's yet to be seen how the food will be. Price was a big factor, in choosing this place, it was more reasonable. The staff were all nice from the beginning. The residents have all been very nice as well. I would give them a five.

Very rushed tour. But we liked what we were able to see.
Residents have a lot of choices available for activities,dinning menu, off property trips etc. Medical services come to you!

5 stars on everything!

They put other places to shame! I moved into this apartment and everything was new, new carpet, painted, ground floor. Everything I wanted! I give them 5 stars on everything, so there isn't a thing I would change!

nice place

They were a little more passive than I felt they should have been in helping dad get moved out of his apartment and set up there.

That's been the only area I would criticize. Other than that it has been a very positive overall experience. It's a very nice place with friendly staff.

We are pretty happy with it so far.

We are pretty happy with it so far. It's all pretty clean, probably not perfect, but very good anyway. The staff is very friendly, and I think the value for the money is very good as well. They are really good about being responsive and attentive. They do have a lot of activities, but the couple of thing my mom was interested in, the movie day outing that is supposed to happen once a month, and the casino event haven't happened so far. The food is very good. I would also like to see more of a getting to know you social function happen once a month.

The time I visited my mother there, I...

The time I visited my mother there, I was pleased with the facility and care given. I had lunch on my visit and the food was good. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the facility and friendliness of staff.

Great place to live!

My parents have enjoyed getting settled in at Fellowship Square. The residents are so welcoming and the food is outstanding!

Great community!

They’re great. We’ve had a really good experience with them. The friendliness of the staff though is their best feature. The community is clean and well maintained. There are activities and they’re okay. It’s an okay value for the money.

They really have been very good.

They really have been very good. They are very responsive. She likes the food the people are nice, she seems to be settling in. They have a lot of activities there, I was just expecting they would try to get her more engaged in some of the community activities. She likes the people there.

Great food!

They were one of the more affordable because they’re a Christian community so they’re like a non-profit rather than trying to make money off the elderly. If my loved one had had the financial resources she could have stayed in this community for the rest of her life. They have different styles of apartments. It’s only three floors high. It’s an outdoor entry to each of the apartments, but in AZ with the heat walking outside in the heat can be a stress. They have independent and assisted sections. They have a secure section. Her apartment also had a balcony which gave you a little bit of outdoor living. The food is like you’re at a restaurant.

They are doing a good job so far.

They are doing a good job so far. It is clean, and the staff is very friendly. She doesn't like the cooking. She doesn't like that she is paying for food but doesn't like the cooking. We chose them because we liked the location, and it was a good fit for us budget wise.

So far it's very nice, it's clean. She is very happy there.

So far it's very nice, it's clean. She is very happy there. She is satisfied with the meals. Everyone is very friendly. She is very satisfied. I visited her there for a little while and I may even go there myself.

Just loved Mary. The afford...

Just loved Mary. The affordability of this facility was great. Mary showed us a convenient apartment close to the cafe,laundry room, trash, bus and on ground level. We are concerned about cleaning services only every other week. The room was not as modern as some but we don't think Helen minds. Mesa is the biggest problem for showing Helen. It is quite a ways from our home and would make it difficult to include her in activities with us.

My aunt moved in just over a week ago...

My aunt moved in just over a week ago and in her words, "everything is perfect. I do not want for anything."

I was really impressed with the initial meetings with the representative there.

I was really impressed with the initial meetings with the representative there. They had a real sense of professionalism. The food is fantastic. The price point is excellent. I liked that they had a room all put together that we could see, to really get an idea of what it looked like. It's a nice campus. The floor plans were really nice and open. There really isn't anything I would like to see done better.

Nothing is perfect but I think it is a very good community.

Nothing is perfect but I think it is a very good community. The food could use more seasoning, but with us elderly they try to keep the sodium to a minimum. Dining services and housekeeping are both good.

A very good option for Mom....

A very good option for Mom. Closest to my home and commute route. Susan was a big help in many ways. I know Mom would 'click' with Susan and the place in general. Outdoor walkways to/from dining etc. a big concern for summer.

Pretty nice facility with a...

Pretty nice facility with a follow-on AL option. Nice size apartments. Tenants seemed very happy. Lots of activities.

Very nice looking community, great food

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was very nice overall, the staff were very friendly and kept the place nice and clean. During our tour they invited us to stay for a meal and my aunt was very impressed by the food. The community itself was a bit larger than what we were looking for.

Good Place

My wife is in the Oasis. Only one thing that I would say, and I understand this happens in all these places and that's the laundry situation. The clothes sometimes get mixed up, even with their names in it. The food is excellent, very good. I actually live here myself in independent living. The services are good as far as the mail and the grounds are very clean. The care is just as good, I would think so from what I've heard from other people in other places and what I've seen here. During the day they seem to have a lot of caregivers but at night not as many. It seems like the caregivers are very nice, and the nurse in charge is very nice. All are polite and caring. Doesn't seem to be anybody that is not likable. I think that it is a pretty good little place. I may have chosen another place if I had the finances, but I'm happy with what we've got. Without ALTCS memory care is $3890/month. My wife has ALTCS now, and the caseworker is very, very nice young woman. She explained everything thoroughly. Doctors come in this place, they're mobile and have patients in here which is really good because my wife is getting harder and more difficult to take out.

Great Activities

I go in and out with my wife to visit my mother-in-law. Seems to be a very nice place. They have tons of activities. You name it they do it. Bingo, exercise, lots of different activities. Arts and crafts. Wide open range.

Layout of the building is good. Certain parts are more protected than others depending on the disability of the client. My mother-in-law is in memory care. They are taking good care of her. She is in a locked unit.

Warm and Welcoming Place

They seem to offer a fair amount of things to do but mom chooses not to participate so I'm not really sure how the activities are. As for the care, we're on medication management and I'm still fairly new to this so maybe my expectations aren't aligned with what they actually offer but quite often I've gone there and my mom isn't wearing her memory patch. I think they're doing more reminders than they are actually managing the medications. My expectation was that they would actually dispense the medication. I'm willing to give it a little more time because we are new to this. We chose them because of a combination of affordability and the overall friendliness. It's a good fit for her both in terms of personality and the fact that it's just a warm and welcoming place. It's wonderful.

Like Living in a Resort Hotel

I think the value is quite good. We haven't had to utilize the care services yet but the activites we have participated in have been quite good. They have everything you can imagine. Their bible study is fantastic, the food is excellent, and if you need any service it's done almost immediately. There is nothing that we can complain about. It did not think we would like it and her we are. It's like living in a resort hotel. We're really impressed.

Very Clean, Lots of Activites

I've been here a little over two weeks and I enjoy it very much. I like the meals and the staff. Everybody is so friendly. When I moved in it was completely clean and cleaning ladies come in every two weeks. All the public areas are kept very clean - the dining room, common room, the pool, everything.

I'm in independent living and we have a call button that we can push if we need it and someone will come and check on us right away.

The activities are abundant. There are more than I could possibly take part in. They have card games, shuffle board outside, craps, and chapel services. There are lots of different things.

I have no complaints about it.

Just off 101. Has assisted ...

Just off 101. Has assisted living and memory care onsite. Would not require a huge move from independent living to assisted. Skilled nurses onsite. Older buildings but great services. 25 meals/mo. included. Independent also have to check in and make sure everything is ok. 1-bd start at 1465. One year within the community to transition to medicaid backed assisted living. Nobody takes someone off the street and gives the medicaid benefit.

5 Stars

I selected the Fellowship Square Brown and Center because they provide five-star care in service, as I indicated in the categories ratings. Also, because of their convenient location.

Brand new addition to a fairly large ...

Brand new addition to a fairly large complex of assisted and independent living apts. The new addition will have about 50 assisted care residents, and 15 memory care residents. (Memory care area locked.) If Mom's exit-seeking tendencies were curbed, she could participate in the assisted living activities.... Not many memory-care activities yet, since there's not many residents yet. Non-profit, "faith-based" company, only in AZ (not nation wide). $4K/month (includes med mgt), + $1K move in. Add'l care levels when needed for eating, transfer in/out of wheelchair, etc.

Singing papers today! We're done loo...

Singing papers today! We're done looking.

$1695 per month for one month 25 mea...

$1695 per month for one month 25 meals per month included

Just about perfect. The grounds were ...

Just about perfect. The grounds were nice, staff excellent, residents seemed happy, food was great, lots of activities (sewing!!), excellent food, and apartments right size with storage and balcony. A plus as well is that they are opening an assisted living facility attached to it for easy transition.

Was very nice and accomidatiing to ou...

Was very nice and accomidatiing to our needs has a few more benifits than Citaldel. Was offered dinner but we had just had lunch. Better chance of ground floor near pool also..Even offered our oun laundry facilities also..We are invited to a free dinner and program later in the week. Not sure if we can make it but will try.

Very nice community feel. Residents ...

Very nice community feel. Residents were quite friendly. Staff were present. Apts were well designed. Director was informative and friendly. Amenities are many and the monthly activities clearly posted. Thus far, this is my favorite and would like. Residents were happy and the atmosphere was positive.

Not so sure about this one. The speci...

Not so sure about this one. The specific number of meals monthly seems low. Also, no phone? This is an older facility, but with a brand new Assisted Living Facility (ALF). Being brand new, it was however underdesigned for storage, e.g. storage in exercise room (not unlike most commercial buildings). This was the ONLY facility to email me their price list prior to my arrival which I appreciated. Lots of traffic noise. Outside areas inadequate. Additional meals are available for assisted living; the "one-meal" thing was for independent living.

Best of all. Don't remember the cost ...

Best of all. Don't remember the cost here. Nice size rooms. Kitchen impressed me. Lots to do.

1 bd - $3,095 studio $2,495

1 bd - $3,095 studio $2,495

Director very attentative. Large faci...

Director very attentative. Large facility. Multiple 3 story buildings. More geared to independent living and newly taking on assisted/directed living. pros: larger units, met w/very satisfied resident, ample visitor parking. cons: must go outside to activites and dining area = exposed to summer heat, appears directed care to come from Phoenix facility until new assisted building completed and opened, ala carte pricing can equal more expensive, units dated, very small entry to bathroom.

Spoke with director. The facility lo...

Spoke with director. The facility looked quite nice. and the fee to get in seemed reasonable. The memory unit was 2 persons to a room, but still didn't look too bad. The eating areas were very clean.

Spoke w/ rep, very nice. They have a...

Spoke w/ rep, very nice. They have a 1 bdrm starting at #1390 per month and a deluxe at $1645 (more space). This includes 25 meals per month, every other week housekeeping, check in button, Med mgmt is addl $200 per month, dr visits if within boundaries, No WD in unit but facilities there, elevators easy access, comm laundry is free. Assisted living starts at $3395 + $500 for med mgmt includes 3 meals a day, snacks, showers, trsnsportation, 2 loads of laundry every week. Responsible for phone & extra cable (basic included).

Fellowship Square Historic Mesa is located just a mile and a half from Downtown Mesa, where residents can enjoy the Mesa Arts Center, street festivals, the Arizona Museum of Natural History and a wide range of shopping and dining options. For baseball fans, Hohokam Stadium, home to the Oakland A's during Spring Training, is only a half mile away.With a delicious dining program, housekeeping, transportation, security, home health services, and a wide range of activities - Fellowship Square Historic Mesa gives its residents the freedom from home maintenance and chores so they can spend more time doing what they want to do, rather than what they have to do!

Mesa, Arizona is the third-largest city in Arizona and the 38th-largest city in the US with a population of about 475,274. Mesa combines a major metropolis with a suburban feel. This community is walk-friendly with a score of 62 and a biking score of 77, making this an ideal place for seniors and students. Mesa is located in the Sonoran Desert, so the climate is hot in the summer and mild in the winter.

City Information

- Average age: median age was 35 years old, 45-64 years old 22.4% and 65 and older 16.3%
- Average weather: high of 106 °F and an average low of 77 °F
- Veteran's facilities: Commemorative Air Force Arizona Wing Aircraft Museum

Transportation

Transportation is not hard to find in Mesa, which is connected to the Valley Metro Rain that spans four miles through downtown Mesa. Numerous bus options and schedules keep people on the move.

- Buses: Valley Metro and Valley Metro RideChoice for 65 years and older
- Trains: Valley Metro Rail.
- Taxi: JNR Taxi Service

Health and Safety

Having a hospital close to home in case of emergencies is something that brings peace of mind for everyone. There are many hospitals and medical facilities in the Mesa area.

- Hospitals: Promise Hospital of Phoenix and Select Specialty Hospital

Sports and Leisure

Warm days and cool evenings make sports and leisure times much more enjoyable. From golf to games and activities with friends at an activity center, Mesa offers a lot of choices for fun time.

- Golf courses: Dobson Ranch Golf Course
- Senior Citizens Center: Mesa Active Adult Center, Escalante Senior Citizens which offers senior services for adults 60 and older, fitness, social events and health and wellness programs are available and Red Mountain Multigenerational Center

Shopping and Entertainment

There are a lot of stores to visit in Mesa. Many well known and some mom-and-pop stores that are just exclusively found in the Mesa area. Enjoy restaurants with great reviews or settle for a favorite take-out. Museums, art, and good libraries can all be found in this community.

- Clothes Shopping: The Fiesta Mall is home to Sears and Best Buy and is central to other retail stores and restaurants in the area, such as Marshall's, Catherine's and Burlington Coat Factory

- Grocery stores: Walmart Neighborhood Market and Food City

- Restaurants: Grab a quick bite at Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Subway or for a meal out try El Chavo Mexican Restaurant or Grandma's Kitchen

- Theaters: Mesa Amphitheatre