Pacifica Senior Living Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Everything was EXCELLENT!!! The staff was very helpful, friendly, gentle, and AWESOME!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Even though residents are asked to "order" their menu preferences what you get is not always what was ordered. I cannot complain about any of the staff. They were all wonderful to me. Sometimes drugs are slow coming in, especially in middle of night.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. We will share your comments with the Corporate office ad the Scottsdale team. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website, [removed]). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

All the workers, everyone smiling very pleasent, very friendly. It made a tough situation much nicer for my mom. [name removed] helped me get all my ducks in a row before taking my mom home. Helped w/ in home care.

Pacifica Senior Living

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

I would like to commend your staff for their excellent care. Having been a former Arizona State long term care surveyor, I have spent a great deal of time traveling to and inspecting facilities and records for LTC facilities around Arizona.

Your team were not only kind and respectful to my mother, they treated her with the same care and respect typically reserved for members of ones own families.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Everything was excellent!!! The staff was very helpful, friendly, gentle, and awesome!

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

"The service at Scottsdale Village Square is excellent. I have a lot of fun here. Everyone is so nice. My family wanted me to move in for a while, they talked me into it, and I'm sorry I didn't listen sooner!"

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

"The campus of Scottsdale Village Square is beautiful. The people are friendly and the staff is helpful. I would definitely recommend it."

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

"The rooms are very nice, the dining room is very lovely, and the food is excellent. They've always got things for residents to get involved in - exercise classes as well as music going on, celebration of birthdays every month, bingo, games, and movies. They always have something for the people to participate in and socialize"

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and it was nice and clean. The staff answered all of my answers. This was a bigger place. They had on and off campus outings I liked. All the RN's were memory care trained. I like the set up they had for the memory care unit. It was like they had apartments of their own.

Liked a lot but was worried Dad would get lost going back to apartment

Pacifica Senior Living

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community, but will take this opportunity to improve. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

All types of care in one building

I really like that my Mother is able to go from the beginning of care to the end of care here. You can go from rehab to memory care, assisted living, and so on. It’s very bright and cheery at this community and not once did I feel a sense of gloom. The receptionist is right as you walk in and they have a tea/coffee bar for everyone. The coordinator that gave me my tour seemed knowledgeable and answered all of the questions I had. Not once did she shy away from any of the uncomfortable questions. The only thing I could say that needs to change is they should have more signage at eye level of where things are like the dining room so people didn’t get lost. I would recommend this facility.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your helpful feedback and for entrusting us with your Mother's care! We are glad you have found our community to be welcoming and helpful. Making our community easy to navigate is a top priority so thank you for letting us know how we might improve.

Management needs to better organized!

Overall, a C. They seem to be a bit disorganized--management-wise. Had issues with A/C, toilet, and bedside commode. These issues were not handled quickly, e.g., the first day in the A/C was not operating properly. The nurse and AL coordinator had told us they would see that maintenance was called. Two hours later, nothing had been done. When I went to the AL office to find out the situation, they had "forgotten" to call maintenance. The A/C was not working properly again later in the week, and my mother had a to sleep in an 85 degree room. A bedside commode had been requested at EVERY meeting with the management staff. My mother went in on Friday night and it wasn't until Tuesday that it was delivered. Staff did not know how to turn closed caption on so there were days that my mother had no cc. Toilet ran continuously. Finally, a maintenance person came to replace the flapper, but the staff didn't seem to realize there was an issue. When I went to pick my mother up at the end of her respite stay, the receptionist was not aware that she was leaving. No one had informed her. I feel these are issues that management needs to address with their staff. Would we use Village Square again for respite care? Not sure due to the issues we encountered.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. The concerns you mention have been addressed with our staff and we will work to ensure that our next respite stay on our campus goes more smoothly. I apologize that the response to the issues you mentioned was not handled more promptly and completely.

Lovely Place!!

The staff at this property where very professional during our tour and made sure to answer questions we had for them in detail. I like that I did not feel pressured or pushed into a deal. The property was well maintained and they had an open floor plan that was easy to navigate through for all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my loved one.

Lance Williams

We are so pleased you enjoyed our campus and found our staff to be very professional. We understand that our location is not for everyone. If we can assist in helping you find a better fit, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Pet friendly!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and I could have not picked a better place for her to live. The staff where amazing to work with and very helpful with the transition on moving her in. The facility is beautiful and has an open floor plan which I was most impressed with. Her apartment opens right to the outside and she was able to bring her dog with her. Out of all the different places we had looked at this was the most complete as well as cost officiant.

Lance Williams

So glad to hear our community was such a great fit for your loved one!

Liked this place. The staff were always smiling and the residents seemed to like it there. We were greeted upon arrival and spent time reviewing the various options and level of care available. Rooms were clean, no bad smells. Dining area was very nice, lots of different activities.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your review of our community! We take pride in providing a clean and welcoming community for our residents and are glad you enjoyed your visit!

I do not want to go to Scottsdale so didn't check this out. I have a feeling the prices are high.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community. We wish you well and hope that you found the community that best fits your needs.

My father's care

I am happy with this community The staff is outstanding and keeps me informed on his progress. They do offer him some activities that he does attend time to time. We like the community for also being so clean and taken care of. We do recommend this community for the great care and value to other families.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your review! Our team strives to provide the best person-centered care each day, whether they are directly caring for residents or making sure the property is clean and maintained well. Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your Father.

A positive experience!!

When we first moved my grandmother in she was not too happy, but now she is really enjoying it. She is only there for a short stay, but the staff has been very accommodating. When I first called in, [Removed] went above and beyond in sending me information. They have outings that she is really enjoying and activities such as exercise and singing. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your very thoughtful review! I'm glad your experience was so positive and that our team members and community helped make your grandmother feel comfortable and at home.

We were amazed at the many amenities available for residents suffering with Alzheimer's disease. The nurses and caregivers soon became family to my Dad and us too. Any concern by our family was met with immediate attention. The caregivers for my Dad were gentle, kind, and extremely patient with all the residents in my Dad's area. They know the perfect ways to redirect my Dad and helped him with creative care-giving skills. We saw a desire for excellence in every aspect of our experience.

Lance Williams

Thank you, Sandra! We are so happy to hear that your Dad had such a great experience at SVS. Our team receives specialized training to serve residents with Alzheimer's disease and I'm so thankful to hear that he was cared for so well!

My Visit To The Community

The person who took us on our tour was nice, however the staff we met in the community did not seem friendly. The common areas did seem very inviting. This community seemed clean. It reminded me of a hotel as you have to walk outside to get to your room or the dining room. We did not feel this community would work for mom.

Hello Anonymous,
Thank you for touring our community and for providing feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful outdoor campus but am disappointed that your experience with some on our staff that day was not more friendly. We strive to treat each resident and guest with the utmost dignity and respect, welcoming them to our community with a greeting and a warm smile. We wish you well as you search for an appropriate community for your Mom. If there is anything we can assist with in the future, please let us know.
Scottsdale Village Square

Very nice place!

Our experience with Scottsdale Village Square has been a very good one! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff is friendly and professional. The biggest surprise has been the food, we weren't expecting it to be so good!

Lance Williams

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our community. I'm glad your experience was so positive and I will make sure our chef and his staff hear your appreciation for their work.

Very nice property and Tara was a great help.

Lance Williams

Thank you for your kind reply regarding our staff! I'm glad you enjoyed our community.

Nice Place

Scottsdale Village Square is a nice community. Staff is extremely friendly, sincere and caring. We do not have any complaints. All is well.

Pacifica Senior Living

This is a beautiful adult community with lots of amenities - I wouldn't mind living there myself. I think mom is already at their top level of care and I feel the amenities and planned outings and activities wouldn't be used.

Pacifica Senior Living

I would like to commend your staff for their excellent care.Having been a former Arizona state long term care surveyor,I have spent a great deal of time travelling to and inspecting facilities.And records for LTC facilities around Arizona

Your team were not only kind and respectful to my mother,they treated her with same care and respect typically reserved for members of ones own families.

Pacifica Senior Living

Everything was excellent!!!.The staff was very helpful,friendly,gentle and awesome !.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community!

The service at Scottsdale village Square is excellent.I have a lot of fun here.Everyone is so nice.My family wanted me to move in for a while.They talked me into it,and i'm sorry I didn't listen Sooner !

Pacifica Senior Living

The campus of Scottsdale Village Square is Beautiful.The people are friendly and the staff is helpful.I would definitely recommend it.

Pacifica Senior Living

The rooms are very nice.The dining room is very lovely and the food is excellent. They've always got things for the residents.To get involved in-exercise classes as well as music going on,celebration of birthdays every month,Bingo,Games,and movies.They always have something for the people to participate in and socialize.

Pacifica Senior Living

If you care, don't put them here.

I do not know how the other sections are but unless your loved one is more or less catatonic or can walk around but is completely out it DO NOT put them in vistas east.
The only up side to the place was the staff. They were all very nice and kind but medically they can only do what they are told by the doctors which we never saw. My mom practically had to contact the director and complain that the doctor never contacted her regarding my dad's care.

You pay a lot of money to have them warehoused in a big room where so they can be "watched". There's 1 tv that even if you wanted to watch it you couldn't here over the noise.

The food was edible but more likely cold by the time they served it. I had to ask every time for a bib so Dad didn't get his shirt all food stained.

Many times I had to request that they put a sweater or sweat shirt on my dad because he was cold and several times he didn't have socks on and when he did they weren't his or they were mismatched.

Medically speaking, He had a brain injury but was high functioning (chatted with us, new who we were, enjoyed watching tv and going for strolls with help) and a suprapubic catheter. They drugged him so he would sleep most of the time instead of being "rambunctious" They treated him for a severe uti with an iv without consulting us. They couldn't get it in and when they did he pulled it out (which we told them he would). They turned him black and blue with this but yet didn't address his high levels of co2 until it was too late. Sent him to a pulmonologist without telling us but fortunately he sent Dad to Scottsdale Osborn. From there he went to hospice which was a WONDERFUL for him to spend his last few days.

My heart breaks when I think of the time we wasted having him at SVS.

Save your money (because you'll have to pay extra for a sitter if needed. They don't tell you that in advance either) and your loved ones comfort. DO NOT put them here. This whole experience made me want to open my own group home so elderly loved ones can be treated they way they SHOULD be treated when they can't live "at home".

Pacifica Senior Living

Barbara H., it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. Thank you for your detailed review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Not Enough Going On

It's very similar to Fellowship Square, where I ended up moving, but it didn't seem like there was enough going on. All of the people seemed to like it, but it was like a hotel, where you go through hallways to get to your room instead of being able to get to your room from outside.

This was an interesting place, and I ...

This was an interesting place, and I appreciated seeing the changes that had been made.

very nice this is an option

very nice this is an option

At Scottsdale Village Square you can enjoy a premier location and comfortable accommodations. Residents experience daily the intimacy of private living and assistance is available if needed. Scottsdale Village Square is the best place to experience all that Scottsdale, Arizona has to offer. We are the Lifestyle of Choice!

Retirement Living

Enjoy an adult-focused community that provides the freedom to be as active as you desire, without the responsibilities! Travel, take a class, pursue a new hobby, indulge yourself... or just relax!

Assisted Living
Seniors choosing assisted living enjoy a vibrant, independent lifestyle with assistance customized to fit their individual needs. Residents experience comfort, dignity, and family connectedness. We have a tailored plan of assistance to keep residents as independent as possible. When assistance is required, our caregivers are respectful, well- trained and attentive.

Skilled Nursing/Rehab
Our tailored services are delivered with compassion by professionally trained nurses and specially trained, certified nursing assistants. We welcome the continued involvement of family when developing and delivering a plan of c