They are doing great! Everything is going along just fine.

They are doing great! Everything is going along just fine. They are very helpful. They are very forthcoming. There have been a few little hiccups and instantly when we brought it up, they were jolly on the spot. We really liked the way the director handled her staff, and was very interactive with the staff and the families, and that's why we chose them. That director is no longer there, which was disappointing, but the new director has done a good job so far.

Was excited at first but having second thoughts. Hope it works out. We selected this facility due to the director but found out the day we moved my Dad in, that the next day she was leaving. That should have been mentioned. The room mate was very quite the first three times I was there, when I moved my Dad in, this man is very loud, filthy mouthed, very disruptive. My father is very upset and demanded we move him out immediately. This also should have been mentioned to us also. Feel like we have been taken advantage of, I would not have moved my father in here under these circumstances, however we have been in this position before. Each place we have seen and chosen, we find out very soon they embellished their services. What a racket, they get your non-refundable admin fee, and your stuck it like us you have to keep moving our parent around. We will work with this community, but I'm not going to be pleasant to deal with, this is the third time in 6 months of being taken advantage of, and my father is out $4k.

Oakwood Senior Home is Great

Everyone at Oakwood Senior Home is wonderful .Bobbi the administrator is a very hard working caring person. The Staff treats my Mom with dignity and respect.The facility smells very clean.The residents are happy and content.
Thank you Oakwood!
LeAnna

Review of Oakwood Senior Home Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Vallejo, CA

Somewhat disappointed that the room is not furnished for the price. When I questioned why, was told that most folks like to bring their own bed and furniture. Most of the people there were just sitting watching TV (sort of mindless). Not a lot of activities taking place.

They do an excellent job.

We are very pleased with them. I feel like I get a good value for my money. They could use a little more variety for the activities. I haven't had any complaints about the food. There really isn't anything that needs to be improved or done better. They do an excellent job.

When my aunt first arrived they assig...

When my aunt first arrived they assigned a staff member to make her feel comfortable and at home. She loves getting a bath every day. She says the food is excellent. The place is very clean and always seems to have a lot of activities going on for the residents.

On the positive side, Oakwood Senior ...

On the positive side, Oakwood Senior Home is a very friendly place. The rooms are a good size and very clean. Before we brought Mom to her new place they even repainted the walls. As far as activities go, the only ones I am aware of are karioki and bingo as well as the occasional concert. So far, I have not seen or heard of any kind of memory care services. On the down side, there have been issues with lost clothing and toiletries. The first week Mom was there most of her clothes disappeared. Eventually (over a week later) they were located in the laundry. It is taking a while, but we are working out the kinks.

THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE FOR YOUR LOVED ONE!!!

I'm very happy and satisfied to have found this place for my father in-law.

I can honestly say that I sleep better at night knowing he is well taken care of. The staff are attentive and passionate toward their patients.

The facility is very clean and organize!!

I've asked them to keep my Dad well groomed, and they do just that.
I appreciate their attention to details.

This is an excellent place and I highly recommend it.

Thanks to Bobbie and her staff for giving such an excellent care of my kid's Grandaddy. God bless them, I cannot thank them enough for going above and beyond their call off duty.

This is an excellent senior home; If you're looking for peace of mind to have someone take care of your loved one...This is the place to be!

A Blessing

Bobbie made us feel at ease and spoke from the heart about her passion and commitment to take care of the residents at Oakwood. My mother in law is adjusting extremely well. The facility is very clean, organized and decorated nicely. The care takers have such a kind and loyal attitude with the residents. They make the families feel welcome any time. The provide and encourage activities daily which is exactly what we were looking for being my mother in law is only 70 with dementia. Thank you also to Debbie the advisor at A Place for Mom for all of the referrals and follow up!

Very shabby and tired furni...

Very shabby and tired furnishings. Not the appropriate home for Mother.

The tremendous quality of life you will find at Oakwood Senior Home – Vallejo is owed more than anything else to our dedicated staff members and the superior care and services they provide. At Oakwood Senior Home you are assured of the care, respect and enjoyment you deserve.

When you choose Oakwood Senior Home, the first thing we do is thoroughly evaluate your care needs. We discuss with you a care plan that will fit your needs. For many residents, the plan includes a schedule of daily assisted living tasks for their caregivers. We regularly monitor our care plans, increasing or decreasing assistance as appropriate. Because family members are well-informed about their loved one’s changing needs.

As part of the monthly fee determined by a resident’s individual needs, Oakwood residents receive the services and amenities listed below.