Pinole Senior Village - Pinole, CA

Pinole Senior Village is a 72-unit residential care community for seniors with two distinct assisted living communities. Both communities offer choice of accommodations, meals, and senior focused activity programs. The Terrace, with 41 spacious studios, offers a variety of personal care services, medication management, complete laundry and housekeeping services, and transportation to social outings and doctor appointments. The Gardens, a separate secure community with 31 studios, provides all-inclusive personal care and support for those with memory loss. Pinole Senior Village also offers short-term stays.

Promises not kept

I chose this place for my 87 year old father who is feeble, but his mind is going strong. It was not a good fit for him. I was told by the salesperson that he would be given extra attention when he first arrived, and escorted to the dining room, paired with other residents who have common interests. This did not happen and he wandered the hallways lost for the first few days. The directors were too busy to bother with him, and he did not receive the care that I had requested for him. In all fairness the hands on deck staff people were very sweet, but they did not have the authority to fix things. He was told to sit by himself in the dining room, and the activities that he was promised never materialized. I moved him out after 2 weeks. I could tell that he was quickly getting depressed. I am trying to get our "satisfaction guaranteed" refund that is promised on the Westmont Living website, but my emails and phone calls have been ignored.

very personal

I feel that Pinole Senior Village is very personal. The staff has gone above and beyond, always being very helpful, kind, and welcoming. I don't know what more they could have done.

The only thing I can think of where they could improve would be to have a wider variety of activities (with some more stimulating options) and encourage the residents to get involved.

Dishonest, do not recommend

They just care about money. Dishonest, do not recommend. Had a very bad experience with Azizi.

Great group of residents, and a low income tier.

This was just a short respite stay and I wasn't there much. The most frustrating part was that we didn't get the approval until the last minute. I felt like it could have been handled more expeditiously. When we got there, and being a Sunday, they weren't really ready for her. It's a young group of caregivers, but I do like that they have a low income tier. They have a great group of Seniors living there, really friendly, and funny too. It's a small place, they were very open and accepting. The only thing that was kind of scary was that they happened to have two people with with similar names, that resulted in medication mix-ups.

My experience with Pinole Senior Vill...

My experience with Pinole Senior Village has been great. I like it a lot. It's very affordable. They are well organized. They seem to have lots of experience in the field. Staff is really caring, and friendly, always ready to help. The facility is really cleanly. And one thing I really like is things don't get lost.

Review of Pinole Senior Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Pinole, CA

Fabulous facility. Friendly staff, lovely grounds. Nice activities for seniors.

building is on a steep hill...

building is on a steep hill and requires crossing a very busy street to get to shopping.

Pinole Senior Village

Staff are supportive, attentive, and patient with the residents.

Did meet with Director and it was a p...

Did meet with Director and it was a pleasure visiting that facility. The Staff was attentive,we did have lunch there and the food was wonderful.

I liked the Garden one because it has...

I liked the Garden one because it has a studio instead of shared living. It has all inclusive personal care.