Pinole Senior Village - Pinole, CA

It was very nice and I had a good tour guide.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. If there is anything that we can help you with n the future please let us know by directly contacting our community. -Westmont Living/Pinole Senior Village

We toured this community

We toured this nice community. It was acceptable and It was clean. The staff was helpful and they answered all of our questions. They focused on my mother not us which was nice. They were accommodating to our needs they were very friendly. We just needed something closer to us. And they were a little more expensive here.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

We Are Satisfied With All They Do

My mom is enjoying the environment. It has been going well. It is what she needed and we are satisfied.We chose them because of the staffing it was the right fit. The food is fine, mom is happy and not complaining. She is definitely participating in the exercises and other activities. We have no complaints, I see the community is in order and I don't see anything bad when we visit. It has been nice for someone to manage her medication, which is helping her condition to be more better.

I took a tour!

The Pinole Senior Living was a very nice community. The facility was clean and maintained well. The tour guide that took me around was friendly and knowledgeable. It was a good experience, but not the best for my loved one.

Tammy Lee

Not very impressed with this community!!

I was not very pleased with this community and the things I was told during my visit. The main thing I was concerned about was the lack of staff they had. At night time they only have two workers on staff for over thirty eight residents and that would never be okay with me. I was done after I had heard that and found another facility with better quality of care for my mother.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We apologize that your experience was less than positive and did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in responding to our customers concerns to ensure we can make immediate corrections when possible.

We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns. Please reach out to us. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living Family - Westmont Living

For my Aunt

My aunt has lived in this community for over a year now and I have seen a lot of improvement since she got here. The staff is very friendly and takes great care of her. It is clean and smells good when I visit.

The staff is great

I am blown away by how caring and compassionate the staff is. They work hard but are so gentle and loving. The food is great and I know first hand because I have eaten a lot of the food.
Along with the daily activities they also do weekly outings. A few places I have seen them go to recently is the Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park and the Marin Headlands to overlook the Golden Gate bridge and San Francisco.
Anyone would be lucky to have their loved one in this community.

Good place/good value

Overall, the experience with Pinole SR. Village has been quite good. The place is clean, attractive, well-sited, and quiet. The staff seems friendly and caring. The cost is quite competitive and is one of the few places that we have seen that offers a break if the resident's income is below
$32,000/yr. One of our primary concerns was with the management, most of whom are relatively new-the facility has a reputation for high mgmt turnover. However, those in charge seem to be competent and caring and, hopefully, in it for the long haul. But they seem to lack a sense that one person is in overall charge, though I admit that my concerns were dealt with quickly. Also, the activities, while good, are somewhat limited, especially after 5 pm, and Sundays seem to be unstructured, or scheduled activities do not take place. And often the weekly schedule is not posted on time. But these are minor concerns. We are not looking to move my mom.

Tasty Meals!!

My loved one can't say enough good things about the food they serve at this community. They have a wide variety of healthy options and the proportions are just right for him. He also seems to be enjoying the company of the other residents and the many different activities they offer throughout the day. The only complaint I have is they have already had an increase in cost for his medication management.

A terrible place!!

They did not follow through on what they promised during our tour. The staff are unprofessional and you can tell they do not like their jobs. The community is dirty and they do not offer any type of activities. We are disappointed in the care at this community. They do not offer nurses on site. There is not good communication with this community.

Tammy Lee

The community is located very close to family!

Overall our loved one is doing fine. The Pinole Senior Village is a good facility. The staff have been very helpful and communicate well. They proactively call and keep us updated with our loved ones care needs. The community is very accommodating with the meals served. They offer a variety of healthy options.

There Is Plenty Of Activities

My husband is at this community and I am happy with the care he gets. He enjoys the meals served, he gets double servings if he wants, and he thinks the food taste good. The community is clean and maintained all around. The staff and caregivers are respectful and attentive.

We Like The Place

The experience for my dad is going okay. He gets his exercise, I have joined too. The staff do a fine job keeping the community clean. I know all the staff by name and I feel they are on top of things. They are all nice and respectful. The food is okay for us. My only concern is the trash, he gets weekly cleaning but his trash should be taken out daily.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We have alerted the staff about your concern. -Westmont Living

Sold services they couldn't provide.

We move my mom to this facility after 30 days we had to move out. They are under staffed and could not provide the services we agreed to.
It took 2 weeks to get my mom on the shower schedule.
With out notice the cost for care increased $239. We move in 2/28 and during the contract signing an increase happening in April was never mentioned.

Tammy Lee

Facility under staffed, we're not receiving the services promised.

My mom has been here for a little over a week. The assistance we agreed to is not being performed. I'm giving them a chance to come through.

Perfect fit for Mom!

We moved Mom in very quickly and although she is still trying to get acclimated to things it seems to be the perfect fit. They hold lots of social events for the residents and Mom really seems to be enjoying the food. With time, we're hoping that it gets better and better. The staff have been great and very attentive to Mom's needs!

Promises not kept

I chose this place for my 87 year old father who is feeble, but his mind is going strong. It was not a good fit for him. I was told by the salesperson that he would be given extra attention when he first arrived, and escorted to the dining room, paired with other residents who have common interests. This did not happen and he wandered the hallways lost for the first few days. The directors were too busy to bother with him, and he did not receive the care that I had requested for him. In all fairness the hands on deck staff people were very sweet, but they did not have the authority to fix things. He was told to sit by himself in the dining room, and the activities that he was promised never materialized. I moved him out after 2 weeks. I could tell that he was quickly getting depressed. I am trying to get our "satisfaction guaranteed" refund that is promised on the Westmont Living website, but my emails and phone calls have been ignored.

very personal

I feel that Pinole Senior Village is very personal. The staff has gone above and beyond, always being very helpful, kind, and welcoming. I don't know what more they could have done.

The only thing I can think of where they could improve would be to have a wider variety of activities (with some more stimulating options) and encourage the residents to get involved.

Dishonest, do not recommend

They just care about money. Dishonest, do not recommend. Had a very bad experience with Azizi.

Tammy Lee

Great group of residents, and a low income tier.

This was just a short respite stay and I wasn't there much. The most frustrating part was that we didn't get the approval until the last minute. I felt like it could have been handled more expeditiously. When we got there, and being a Sunday, they weren't really ready for her. It's a young group of caregivers, but I do like that they have a low income tier. They have a great group of Seniors living there, really friendly, and funny too. It's a small place, they were very open and accepting. The only thing that was kind of scary was that they happened to have two people with with similar names, that resulted in medication mix-ups.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community and have alerted our staff about your concerns. -Westmont Living

My experience with Pinole Senior Vill...

My experience with Pinole Senior Village has been great. I like it a lot. It's very affordable. They are well organized. They seem to have lots of experience in the field. Staff is really caring, and friendly, always ready to help. The facility is really cleanly. And one thing I really like is things don't get lost.

Review of Pinole Senior Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Pinole, CA

Fabulous facility. Friendly staff, lovely grounds. Nice activities for seniors.

Tammy Lee

building is on a steep hill...

building is on a steep hill and requires crossing a very busy street to get to shopping.

Tammy Lee

Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

Pinole Senior Village

Staff are supportive, attentive, and patient with the residents.

Tammy Lee

Did meet with Director and it was a p...

Did meet with Director and it was a pleasure visiting that facility. The Staff was attentive,we did have lunch there and the food was wonderful.

Tammy Lee

I liked the Garden one because it has...

I liked the Garden one because it has a studio instead of shared living. It has all inclusive personal care.

Tammy Lee

Pinole Senior Village is a 72-unit residential care community for seniors with two distinct assisted living communities. Both communities offer choice of accommodations, meals, and senior focused activity programs. The Terrace, with 41 spacious studios, offers a variety of personal care services, medication management, complete laundry and housekeeping services, and transportation to social outings and doctor appointments. The Gardens, a separate secure community with 31 studios, provides all-inclusive personal care and support for those with memory loss. Pinole Senior Village also offers short-term stays.