Sunrise of Sacramento - Sacramento, CA

Located just minutes from Loehmann's Plaza, Lynn Village and Pavilions, Sunrise of Sacramento sits in one of Sacramento's prestigious and desirable neighborhoods, just blocks away from the local parks, fine dining and shopping. Our community is just moments away from the "Fabulous 40's", Sacramento State and downtown - combining the comforts of a park-like setting with the convenience of favorite local businesses. We pride ourselves in our sense of community with an emphasis on how we nurture the spirit of our seniors. We are involved in our local community, with great emphasis on having fun, cultural diversity and intellectual stimulation.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Not set up for regular respite scheduling

This is a very nice community and the staff did a great job showing me around. They were informative and answered all my questions the problem was that they were not set up to do Respite care on a regular base. They were not able to accommodate me with the dates I needed as they had no availability

Very Nice Community

This was a very nice community, bright and clean and they offered a lot of amenities for their residents. The staff did a very nice job showing us around and they took their time and answered all our questions.

Found the right place for Mom!

Mom loves her new place. She's especially pleased with the care provided to her as she is virtually bed-ridden.

The personal care has been very good in this first month. She even likes the food!

Care for Mom and Dad

I am pretty happy with the care that we are receiving here at this nice community. The staff are well-trained and helpful. They keep me informed on my parents' progress. The food is very good -- my parents love it! My parents also like the weekly "field trips" to places in the community. The location is good -- close to shopping and restaurants, and it's close to my home. Other than the field trips, my parents aren't very enthusiastic about the activities. I have visited on several occasions, and I rarely see a lot of people participating in the activities, which leads me to believe that the staff don't solicit a lot of input from the residents about the activities they want.

Great place!

We really liked the Sunrise od Sacramento. It was clean and everyone was friendly, but unfortunately by the time that we were able to move my parents in, they had no availability. Other than that, it was a nice place.

Food is fantastic!!

My loved one is very pleased with the food that is served at this community . They are on top of making sure the residents have a clean room and a clean facility to live in. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone in need of a senior living home.

I would recommend Sunrise!!!

The food is excellent and they offer 6 choices for the main meals. They keep the community spotless. Mom has a kitchenette in her studio apartment. They offer various activities such as flower arrangements, memory classes and travel classes. I have good communication with the wonderful staff.

I would recommend this community!!

My stepmom was only at Sunrise of Sacramento for a short respite care. The staff were good and they handled a small medical issue. The head medical person stayed with her the whole time she was being taken care of. The food was good and nutritious. She did not participate in any of the activities offered. The community is clean and well taken care of.

Recovered Great

My mother's stay at Sunrise was great. We are very pleased with everything they did for her. They did everything they were suppose to do, and they were wonderful and compassionate to my mother and her needs. The level of care was right for her at the moment, and she did a great turn around and recovered quickly with the help from the staff. It was a positive experience for us and I would recommend this community.

Absolutely amazing

They have been absolutely amazing here. I love them here. My Mother has been put in hospice care. The staff has been absolutely amazing! Words cannot explain how fabulous they have been. Wonderful.

Satisfied With Sunrise

The move-in went smoothly. They seem to have a good spectrum of activities. My one misgiving is my loved one is in the memory care unit and they have not figured out how to work with him yet, but overall I am satisfied with them.

nice property but a poor value, too expensive [price removed] for a shared room. Deceptive per/day pricing scheme that hides the monthly cost unless you want to calculate it then and there

This is an outstanding smaller facility. The inside of the facility seems like a comfy cozy home and not a residential assisted living facility. The staff was so helpful and friendly and I was a last minute scheduled tour and they were very accommodating. The price of this facility was the only draw back for our family.

very welcoming and open

They are very welcoming and open. I visit a couple of times a week and mom is just thriving there. There was a little nervousness going into it, but it has really turned out to be the best thing. I was in a serious crisis emotionally trying to find a good place for mom, and this has really been a major relief. It's really been a great experience.

Not Going To Work

I knew that wasn't going to work pretty much as soon as I walked in. I didn't get a good sort of feel from it. I guess, to some extent they kind of seemed disorganized. I had made and appointment to go look at it and when I go there, there wasn't anyone at the front. They had a front desk but there just wasn't anybody there. The residents were trying to help me.

In talking to their marketing person she didn't really answer my questions very well. She would start to answer my question and then switch to talking about their other programs and things that weren't really a part of the question that I was asking.

They were the one place that absolutely refused to let me look at the contract before I came in and was going to sign it. That was not going to work for me.

Good Value!

It's a little bit more on the expensive side but I think we're getting what we pay for. We're not overpaying - it's a good value. The caregivers and the staff have just been phenomemal. It's always difficult when older people move, it's hard on them. Everyone from the executive director all the way down to the person at the front desk, they love what they do and it shows. I didn't realize what the difference was between communities until my mom moved to Sunrise of Sacramento. I think Sunrise seeks out people that have a heart for older people and want to be there.

Does needs assessment of new resident...

Does needs assessment of new residents. Facility has resident pet which mom would love. Has shared suites for reduced charge.

She said it is the Cadillac of retire...

She said it is the Cadillac of retirement homes. Very expensive with a number of extra fees. Near Fair Oaks & Watt Ave.