Brookdale Stock Ranch Road - Citrus Heights, CA

Brookdale Stock Ranch Road - Citrus Heights, CA has yet not published prices.

Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

I toured Brookdale on behalf of my mother, and I thought that the community was nice, but it was a little dirty. They were in the middle of a renovation at the time, so that might be why, but it just didn’t give the best impression. I ultimately chose a different community for my mother’s care.

The staff have done a great job!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things have went. The staff have done a great job on helping with his every day needs and I am comfortable with the care he has been receiving. I had just visited him and he was telling me how much he liked his new living environment and that is what is most important. I think they have a great dinning room experience as well as activity program for the residents.

Kind Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I am sad to say that she has a hard time adjusting. She stays in her room most of the time and I hoping she starts to make her way downstairs for the dinning experience as well as other activities. The staff are kind to her and make sure to bring her meals up to her room as well as accommodate her needs to the best of there ability. I am hoping they can keep a little bit of a better eye on her for she has fallen multiple times.

Father's Care and Comfort

This is a great community for my father. The staff is attentive and caring. The community is clean and a nice environment. The menu is appealing. The menu could use some small improvements. The activities are the offer to my father, but he is not participating at this time.I would recommend this community for the care and value of care for others.

Care for family

This is a nice community for the care for my sister. The community is clean and very beautiful. This is a good home environment for her. The menu is appealing and she has liked the variety. They have activities that are offered to the resident who wants to participate. We would highly recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Enjoyable community!!

My father has recently moved into this company and so far we are very happy with how things are going for him. The staff have all been wonderful to him and have helped him transition nicely into this place. He has had no complaints about the food and has enjoyed participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. I would recommend it to anyone interested in a great place for there loved one.

A good fit!

My mother is still adjusting since her move. Everything is going pretty well and the community seems to be working out so far. I would recommend it.

It is going good so far...

My father is doing well since his move to the Brookdale Stock Ranch Road. I would recommend this community based on what I have seen and heard so far since his move in. It seems to be a good facility.

Care for my mom

I am very happy with the care here for my mom. The community is very clean. My mom says that she is not very happy with the staff, it might be due to short staffed. I am happy that she is now getting active with the activities for others. She would like a few more activities offered. We would recommend this community to other families for great care for love once

Very nice apartments-bright and spacious with call cables everywhere. Other residents were happy. Two thumbs up. [Removed] is very good at his job, too.

Rooms were too small. If dementia is mentioned, Mom has to go to memory care. Mom is MCI with mild dementia but would be denied assisted living. If she were lower functioning, would be a good place.

Comfortable living!

The main thing we wish they could improve on is the meals. I have dined a couple of time with my mother, and the food is bland. I had ribs, and it was mostly fat, it leaves a lot to be desired. The staff is very nice and welcoming. Her apartment is very comfortable and nice, the place is kept very clean. Before we moved in they said they had a welcoming committee but no one has said anything yet.

So far, wonderful!

A loved one was placed here 1 1/2 weeks ago and overall we have been very happy with the care level and the kindness of the staff. The facility is very welcoming and they deal with the memory issues very thoughtfully. My loved one needs every service that is offered so the cost reflects all the additional services being given to her but it is still a better price than most others we evaluated. After being in the hospital she was in a skilled nursing facility in Roseville that costs much more and fails in comparison, so happy with everything at this point in time.

Great Care

This is a great place for my mom. I am happy with staff and how friendly and caring. The community is very clean. My mom is happy with the activities. The food is really good. I would recommend this community to anyone wanting great care

Great people and place

This place is great. The staff is superb. They treated our father (and us, too!) with kindness and dignity. He loved the people, the activities, and the food (we thought the food was awful, though. I had salad twice that was limp and old and the dressings seemed loaded with sugar. Service was always super slow, too.)
Sadly, our father passed away. I am so glad he was staying here and enjoyed many good times and was treated so well while alive. I would recommend this facility to anyone needed assisted or retirement, or even hospice care.

Going very well

Things are very well at Brookdale. There are no major complaints with staff or the facility. We are just trying to get used to their procedures and processes. It is a learning curve for all that are involved.

Very, Very Friendly

They are very, very friendly. The dining room is very nice and that is father's favorite place. We haven't gotten him involved in many of the activities, but it is nice to know that they are there if he changes his mind. He gets along with all the staff members, so it is a positive experience.

has really made it home there

I cant think of any improvements needed at Brookdale Stock Ranch Road. The staff have been extremely friendly and caring. They have gone out of their way to introduce my mother-in-law to new people. She is German so they have introduced her to other German residents. Any questions we have to ask they are there to answer. My mother-in-law just loves it. She has transitioned really well here. It is a real nice population of people and she feels comfortable with the residents. Her studio apartment is just the perfect size for her. She has really made it home there.

very happy

My mother is very happy at Brookdale Stock Ranch Road.

The only thing I have not been totally happy with is that they promised me when we were checking them out that Walgreens would deliver her medication to her there, and that has turned out not to be the case. They have worked to accommodate a solution for us though.

Other than that everything has been great.

This place was nice but didn't actually tour apartments/rooms because none were available. No memory care and the building is designed for more independent or assisted living. I heard the food was great.

Just starting out

Mom has not been there a month yet and the one thing I can say with 100% certainty is the staff - each one of them thus far have been outstanding. With this I am very impressed. As far as actually rating the facility goes it is just too soon for me to tell. She is settling in and getting to know her space and they are just now getting to know her as well. I would like to give it another two months before I can truthfully rate the facility. My overall review is that it is good - so far.

My short term experience with Emeritus

My short experience with Emeritus was a pleasant one. although my brother was rejected by your program due to his age of 61, i was very satisfied with the staff and the director Joyce Perkins who was extremely helpful in my difficult situation with my brother who suffers from Dementia at such a younger age of 61.
I am disappointed that the situation with my brother and the facility didn't work out due to a corporate decision to have him leave. the care nurses and the entire staff was professional.

we couldn't be happier

The people at Emeritus at Citrus Gardens have really done a terrific job. We couldn't be happier with them. Their staff is excellent, and they are more than adequately staffed. They really truly sincerely care for the people, not just medically, but personally. Without them I really don't know what we would have done! I am almost in tears just thinking of how thankful we are!

extremely warm and friendly

The people at Emeritus are extremely warm and friendly. I don't know if they train their employees to get to know every resident well, but they definitely do. And they are very respectful to my dad. I do wish there was a little better communication between the caregivers when changing shifts, but that's about the only area for improvement I can think of. Other than that, they are very good.

Thankful for their Professional Care

The staff are wonderful and they treat their residents like family. I'm so thankful for these caring people and the respect and dignity they give my Dad.

Review of Emeritus at Citrus Gardens Assisted Living in Citrus Heights, CA

Very nice! Felt very welcome and was invited for lunch. The food was excellent and the service wonderful. We saw the studio which was very nice and offered plenty of space for mom.

I had a good friend move into Emeritu...

I had a good friend move into Emeritus at Citrus Gardens. I was impressed with the staff. They were very nice and attentive to my friends needs. The facility is lovely, and very inviting. The food is wonderful, dining room is great. Overall I was pleased with their services.

I'm very satisfied with the services ...

I'm very satisfied with the services at Emeritus at Citrus Heights. Most importantly, my loved one is happy there. I'm pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the care they provide, cleanliness of the facility, and overall services.

Needs more work to get it right

They seem to be struggling with assisted living seems more for senior living didn't have ADA bathroom when moved in also has struggle to get medication on time and ordered I think they are new at assisted living and are overwhelmed but will probably get it right some time. The value is good compared to her last assisted living that my sister in law lived in

Excellence at Emeritus at Citrus Gardens

We couldn't be happier with our choice for my mom! She has been welcomed into her new home with open arms by friendly, helpful employees and residents. There are daily opportunities for her to socialize and meet new friends. The meals have been delicious, with a wide variety to choose from whenever she is ready to eat. From our first visit, we felt "at home" there and knew it was the right place for mom. We are so pleased that she will be able to "age in place" without another major move. Thank you, Cathy Rueger and every staff member, for the warm and caring atmosphere you create at Emeritus.

Acceptable if you don't have a lot of needs.

At first glance, it's a very nice facility. But with the recent change of owners, it seems to be going downhill. When calling for assistance with dressing/toileting, etc. there can be a very long wait with no explanation that there will be a wait (because of an emergency, etc.), leaving the resident to feel forgotten. The food is acceptable, if you don't mind highly processed foods with a lot of pre-frozen choices. There are plenty of choices and they do have a daily fresh salad/fruit bar. If you are concerned about the quality of the food (not fried, processed, preservatives, etc.) this might not be the place for you. Since the change in owners the aides seem to be in charge of everything, including meds management. Pets are welcomed for an additional fee and there are plenty of activities. There is no place for a community garden, nor is there a pool or wood/crafts shop for those who are so inclined. Neither is there an exercise room, although there are regular exercise classes, some of which are self-led with video, resident volunteer-led, or professional fitness instructor-led. The latter has been rare in the past several years.

They are doing a super bang up job.

It's extremely clean and the staff is extremely friendly. Compared to some of the others, it's pretty average price wise, I think it's . They have been pretty good, they call me and let me know what's going on. Communication has been great. They are doing a super bang up job.

My favorite. Nice large 1 ...

My favorite. Nice large 1 bedroom 745 Sq ft. Very friendly staff and great location. Very bright and cheerful. Staff was great. Think Dad would be happy here.

They've been great....

They've been great, it was a hard move, she moved from her own home to there. They have more activities that she can do. I've eaten there, and she's pretty happy with it, and the dining is open all day, except maybe 45 minutes between breakfast and lunch, and she can pick anything off of the menu whenever she wants. Its a beautiful dining room with cloth napkins. We were really impressed with the staff, and she is in independent living and she wanted a little kitchen which she had. When we first took her to see it, we went on a casino night and she met people and played bingo and made friends. They are very responsive to the peoples needs. There was a problem with her heater when we moved her in and they ordered a new heater and installed it that day. They are very nice and help with groceries and that kind of thing, they are just really good.

This facility is very clean...

This facility is very clean - looks brand new. Cathy provided information and tour. The staff was very friendly and greeted residents by name. A lot of activities provided and restaurant looked very nice too. One bedroom included stove and refrigerator. Only drawback noticed was shower only - no tub.

Not Much Outdoor Space

It only had a courtyard in the center- not much outdoor area for the people to go. My dad's an outdoors guy so that's an important factor for us.

Very Light but Not Pet Friendly

It was between this one and Sunrise. This one is all on one level and I liked that. They had a section for memory care. The only thing I would say I am a little bit concerned about is that all the memory care patients are kept together. I see why they do it but you have various degrees of memory loss interacting together and I think that would scare my mother. She is only in the beginning stages.

Besides being all on one level, the other thing I liked about it was that it had a lot of available light coming through the building.

The don't have pets. I asked them about that and they said it was a safety concern.

Very nice

Very nice

I really liked these folks, but they ...

I really liked these folks, but they got a low rating from someone who had been there.

It's a little out of the way, nice pl...

It's a little out of the way, nice place.

Nice, very large yard... he would lov...

Nice, very large yard... he would love the yard. private rooms with a bathroom. can decorate the room like you want. memory lane neighborhoods. four in all. several tv relax rooms. Residents are fairly functionable, and dress nice, as if they are well taken care of. Lots of nice men and women for him to visit with.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®