Atria Carmichael Oaks - Carmichael, CA

Mom is very impressed with the amount of closets and room size. Very warm and inviting staff and residents. Lovely grounds. Food options great.

Horrible experience

We toured this community on 10/31/17 and the hard
sale was amazing and we weren't even looking to move till January. But again they SOLD me and I pay the community fee and then November's rent and December's rent. She fell and we thought she was going to be ok and still could move in but she was on the 3rd floor and I kept in touch with them and asked if she would be able to get in her room without issues with a walker. And they said yes she would have trouble so I requested another room and they said they would get back to me and they never did and by that time mom had died and this was November 28th NEVER even moved anything in this place. And they had poor communication skills. They finally refunded me 1/2 of the community fee and kept November rent and will refund December. They had no compassion and was quick to take my money.

Ashley Lee

Thank you for reaching out, and we're very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Our policies regarding move outs and refunds are outlined in the residency agreement -- specific questions regarding this agreement can be directed to the Executive Director. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed].

Very nice tour

This is a very nice community and the staff did a nice job with our tour which was for my dad's respite stay and physical therapy. I thought that the community was nice but a bit too large for what we had in mind for my dad but I would recommend you take the tour.

Ashley Lee

I'm sorry to hear that the community wasn't a good fit for your father and wish you the best of luck finding a place that suits his needs!

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things had went for my loved one during out tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they did a nice job with the presentation and had a lot of useful information to give us.

We had mom her for a little over a year and had to move her because they were not able to manage her medication correctly.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sad to hear that Atria Carmichael Oaks could no longer provide the level of care that your mother requires and I hope that you’ve found the living arrangements that work for her. If you have any additional feedback, you’re welcome to contact me directly at [removed].

Very lovely. Pleasant host Wonderful dining area and food. I give it four stars.

Nice place!

We found that this was a very nice, clean place. Our main concern was that the rooms did not quite cater to our needs, as they did not have showers in the rooms. Overall, this is a good place.

Tour for care

We were very happy to see this great community on the nice tour. We really liked speaking with the staff members that showed up this clean community. The menu was appealing. The activities would have been a good fit for the needs of my mom. We would recommend the care and the value of this nice community to other families.

I really like this community a lot. The staff is very caring. The food is really good. They do offer her to join in on the activities and likes to sometimes join others. We liked knowing that her needs are meet here. I highly recommend this community for the outstanding care and value. Other families would be pleased with everything this community offers.

A nice tour

This community was not a place that I was comfortable with. The staff is nice and the community is clean and taken care of. They did have activities for him., but just did not have a good feeling for this community.

More Care

I am not happy with the management. They do not allow others to play card games. The staff is very friendly. The cleaning needs some improvements in alot of areas. Others might not be please with this community.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. If you'd like to discuss your concerns in more detail, you can email me directly at [removed].

It Feels Like The Best

It's very, very pleasant here, they give my sister-in-law medication twice a day. Clean her unit once a week on Saturday and they have a service that will wash her clothes for a small fee. They have great food, I have ate here 6 times. You get 2 glasses of wine or beer with every meal. The service time is from 7am to 7pm and can order anything you want. They make food like filet mignon, pork, fried chicken, asparagus, baked potato. sandwiches and all kinds of salads. Non residents pay $11 to eat with residents. They have in house Bingo, games, and movies everyday. On Fridays they have happy hour. She is doing fabulous and we are all happy the community.

Needs better management

It started out rocky for mom as there was a change in administration just has she moved but she rode it out and with many meetings things improved. There are lots of staffing turn overs and again she is suffering because some key management have left. Mom loves her care givers and most of the med techs are good. Mom has had to wait up to an hour for much needed pain medication, this is not ok. She has had other problems with her medication. She feels the food has gone down in quality and quantity. It seems that they are lacking in management and run the facility short on staff.

Katy Miller

Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. I'd like to learn more about your mom's experience so I can share with those who are best positioned to address the matter. Please send me an email at [removed].

DISAPPOINTED

i just visited my grandmother today at atria we had lunch and the female server was horrible she could not get the order right and it took 35 mins when her friends said something she argued back to them saying the kitchen is busy ... not happy i got a cheese omelet and toast never got my toast 1 lady asked for a tuna salad it took 45 mins and my grandmother asked for ziti special for lunch with small vegs and the lady said this is what u get nothing special either so deal with it.. i was shocked when we went back to her room the temp was on 82 and i tried to turn it down and and nothing i went to the front desk they proceeded to tell me we will try to get a fan but she will have to deal with the heat... my grandmother in her 90's i was shocked i said she pays for things to work and this will be brought up higher ..... i said she needs her a/c fixed .. there NO NURSE NO STAFF FOR CAREGIVERS AND THE ONES THEY HAVE TALK TO EACH OTHER AND DON'T PICK UP THERE PEOPLE FROM THE DINNING ROOM ONE lady said she's been in the dinning room since 11am and its was nearly 112pm by the time they pick her up.. so shocking ...I DON'T CARE IF THE STAFF KEEPS SAYING KY OWNS THEM IF RESIDENTS PAY FOR THERE LIVING AND HELP THEY SHOULD GET IT . ps why are the assisted living residents only getting 1 shower a day too how wrong ....

THIS PLACE HAS GONE DOWN HILL AND JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS NICE WHEN THE HIGHER UPS FROM CORPORATE COME DOES NOT MEAN IT SHOULD SLACK WHEN THEY ARE NOT HERE ... VERY UNHAPPY WITH ATRIA FOR CARMICHAEL OAKS THEY DO A BETTER JOB AT EL CAMINO GARDENS THERE SISTER COMPANY . THE DIRECTOR AT ATRIA IN CARMICHAEL IS A JOKE .. AND SHE IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE A NURSE OR DO OTHER JOBS OR EVEN TAKE CARE OF A CAT LET LONE PEOPLE AT THE HOME ...

Katy Miller

Hi, Penny. Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. I'd like to help however I can. If you'd like to connect directly to further discuss this matter, please send me an email at [removed].

Starting to Adjust Well

My parents just recently moved into this community and with the help from staff they were welcomed, introduced to the community and assisted in engaging with residents. The food is great and the staff are great too. My parents room receive weekly cleaning that includes changing sheets and laundry service. It was a long process but overall the move-in went great.

Very Cooperative and Helpful Staff

My mother really likes it here. She is doing very well and I'm very happy. They keep the community very clean and neat. The staff have been very cooperative and helpful. She enjoys going down for the meals. She also says everybody is very friendly. The meals are great, they have a good variety of choices. They are always checking on her, I'am very confident about the care she is receiving. This is a community I would recommend.

Very nice place for my mother to live.

Wonderful people and nice facilities.

So far, so good!!

Mom has been here for about a month now. The staff and residents are very welcoming. Food is delicious and Mom likes the open dining concept. There are many activities to choose from. I think this place is like being on a "land based cruise". Staff is very responsive to maintenance issues.

Great experience worth the time

Eating in the dining room was a great experience. We are just not ready to downsize that much. Could only afford a studio.

A Place You Must Look At

Our time with Atria was a very great experience. They made my relative very comfortable for the time being that she was there. The staff was great and very helpful and nice. We were very pleased with our choice. I would tell anyone that Atria is a place you must look at when considering a place to move you loved one.

Thoughtful attention to care

The caregiving staff at Atria Carmichael Oaks has attended kindly and routinely to all the needs of my sister-in-law in the memory care community since her arrival 2 months ago. They work with much thoughtfulness to give her routine exercise and showers, keep her comfortable, be loving companions, get her acclimated, and give her food she likes. She likes the food a lot and her new home!
It is a pleasure to visit her because the staff is very friendly and the environment is very inviting.
I'm thankful for the care she is getting and relieved that she is getting so much better care than I was able to provide at my home.

Things are going good

Things are going good. The staff is great at Atria and they are doing a really good job which says a lot because my loved one is not so easy to deal with. So far, we do not have any complaints about Atria.

Beautiful appointments and warm and friendly environment.

I have found the staff friendly and helpful. The place is beautiful with excellent furnishing in the common areas. The restaurant is very comfortable and the food is excellent. If you don't like the choices for that day there are items that are served on order.

The residents at Atria look genuinely happy to be there and have welcomed my mother with open arms.

Now for a side note: Hopefully this will be fixed quickly but it has been since New Years Eve that the Television system has been down. Unfortunately this was really poor planning on someones part. Especially this time of year when the weather is poor TV may be some peoples cherished entertainment. It is now the 8th and my mother still does not have cable.

Pleasant

Lots of broken promises from the staff . Broken tv service . Feels like she has to solve the problems herself.

Katy Miller

Thank you for your review. I would like to know more about your experience so I can help. If you're willing to share more information, please reach out to me any time at [removed]

Not our favorite place

Our experience at Eskaton rehab on Fair Oaks Blvd was two fold. The caregivers at all levels were kind and compassionate except one. They treated my father with respect and dignity even when he was fiesty. However, they kept forgetting to set the bed alarm, missed several bath times and didn't remember to walk him once PT was over. These issues were huge in my eyes.

Katy Miller

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I’d like to learn more about your experience so I can help. Please email me directly at [removed].

A Good Experience

I really cannot think of anything they can improve on. They have just been really great and have written letters for me that I needed and they have just been super helpful on everything and have bent over backwards. It has been a good experience.

Assess your future finances before moving in

If you are are on a tight budget with little or no increase in your future income, stay away from Atria. This "for profit" company is luring you in at a low rate only to raise it significantly the very next year. They have increased their rates 18% over the past 2 years. The industry norm in the Sacramento area is 2.5-4% a year. The management and staff turnover in the past 18 months is "dizzying" and the dining room/kitchen has yet to "stabilize" due to staffing issues also.

Like d the facility residents appeared happy and engaged, the staff was helpful. on the high side of the price scale but a good value for what is included. upfront monthly pricing

never really had any issues

The biggest problem we've had at Atria Carmichael Oaks is being able to afford it. Actually I do know it is a little less expensive than some of the other places around. We've never really had any issues there. We are having problems with VA to keep her in a nice a place. The facility is really nice and well taken care of. The staff are friendly here. Overall we've really been happy with it, the price just needs to be a little more reasonable.

It's been okay. I don't really have complaints, at this point.

It's been okay. I don't really have complaints, at this point. I've had a couple of meals there, and it was okay, but I wasn't impressed. It's clean, and she does a lot of activities here. It was a little difficult in the beginning, communication was an issue but it has improved since then.

Wonderful Staff

My mother is there at Atria Carmichael Oaks now and they are good. Her only complaint is with the food. Also, the wireless is not working right, but that's not a huge deal.

The staff is really wonderful there, and the intake process was very good and well done.

Kate Vance

We’re honored to have your mother in our community, and want to exceed her culinary expectations. We will pass your comments on to the Atria Carmichael Oaks leadership and maintenance teams. If you’d like to share more, please reach us at [removed] so we can share more detailed feedback with our regional culinary team.

Jenny was outstanding, my dad absolutely loved her and her outgoingness. Thank you Jenny for taking the time with my dad.

don't use them!

My father was only there at Atria Carmichael Oaks for one day before they decided they did not want him there. They took us through the whole process to get signed up and moved in only to have them then reject my father stating that he was not physically capable to live there. If that is the case, they should have discovered that during the initial evaluation phase, before taking our deposit and all the other time and effort we put in to get him there. Not a good experience. So in a word, do not use them!

Katy Miller

Your comments are concerning to us and we'd like to learn more about your experience. If you're comfortable sharing more information with us, please contact us at [removed].

Katy Miller

Your comments are concerning to us. I’d like to learn more about your and your father’s situation so I can help. If you’re willing to provide more information, please contact us at [removed].

Very Happy

My dad there very happy, likes food . He was supposed to be getting some lose dose aspirin but had to have a prescription for it and wasn't informed, but all together it is a very good place

I really liked it here.

We toured here when we were looking into options. I really liked it here. It was a very nice place, and I thought the apartments were adorable. It was a little high for us, as it came in at the top of our price range, and it was a little far for us to travel too.

Great choice for my beloved Aunt

I helped my Aunt recently move into this property after checking out other properties in the area. She has only been there for a couple of weeks but she really likes their restaurant style food service and the fact she can find snacks 24/7 in their cute little Bistro. The food choices and quality are much better than where she was before. The property offers wonderful little alcove spaces with fireplaces and comfortable seating. They have a full activity schedule, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The property is very clean and offers a very comfortable and welcoming environment. Overall, a really great value and I believe my Aunt will be very happy here!

I liked this facility, very clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly and all the residents all seemed happy and healthy. Rooms are very spacious and clean

So far they love it.

So far they love it. In comparing other places in the area, and what the pirce is covering, it's good, but if the rates go up for care needs, I would be concerned. The dining staff is incredible, they liked what they were doing, that says a lot. The food is good, if anything I think they give too many options, so if you are trying to work on decreasing your calories, it might be tempting. Maybe one desert a day would be good. Parking for visitors was a pain. It would be really helpful if they had some kind of chaperone or someone to call them up and invite them to the exercise room, or give a little more encouragement to join in and stay active. We chose them for the cleanliness, and the other residents, there aren't too many people or not enough and they seemed to be pretty happy.

This place was nice. Very ...

This place was nice. Very home-like common areas with 7-7 dining room accessiblity. Lovely grounds with huge oak trees to see from many rooms. Parking is limited for visitors. Rooms are ok, mainly studios. Offering discounts. Just became an Atria. Nice feature of Stat checks where they check on residents routinely in a casual way.

Top Rated

Top rated. We love it, my dad loves it, and we are very happy. The floor plan is very well laid out for anyone. My mom and dad both moved in there; my mom in memory care and dad into assisted living. Memory care and assisted living are right next to each other so my dad could go visit my mom all the time. Memory care is laid out in a very social setting. There are two rooms and it's very inviting; the staff was so welcoming. The whole thing was very well done. My dad has met a lot of people but the best thing is that it's 10 minutes from me so I can go several times a week.

Everything About Them Is Wonderful!

Atria is wonderful. We like everything! The food, the décor, the help, everything is just wonderful and. and they like it too. It's great. It's worked out well.

Too Expensive

It was nice but the cost was more than my aunt could afford. But it was very nice. The people were very nice. Overall, the value was not as good and the food was better at another place too because Carmichael Oaks has this thing were you can eat at anytime during the day but what that really means is there's food sitting around being kept warm. Food sitting under a heat lamp is not good.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant when you last visited, and I would like to address your concern regarding our dining options. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us. We take great care in making sure that the food available has not been left out beyond an acceptable amount of time. We also offer selections that are made to order. I hope that you will visit us again, and please let us know if we can ever answer any questions. We can be reached at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Not As Friendly

I think we saw it just before it was bought by Atria, I'm not sure. It was nice but it didn't have the layout that we wanted and the friendliness didn't seem as good there.

LaDawn K.

We’re so glad you visited us, and we hope that you will stop by again soon. I apologize that you perceived any unfriendliness while at our community. That is certainly not typical. Our staff prides itself on being pleasant and really connecting with our residents. If we can be of assistance to you at any time, please let us know. We can be reached at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Transitional period at Carmichael

It was a family owned business and they sold it to atria recently so I don't know yet how that will work out. All I've seen so far is that they aren't going to have independent living anymore and my mom was in a transitional stage and she was moving to independent living, which they aren't offering as many of anymore. The staff has been wonderful, I think their care is excellent and we haven't really had any problems. They've been good mostly about everything, they know everybody's names and they helped my mom a lot. The did have a problem with their ambassador program, they said they were going to assign her to an ambassador and they never really did. The activities seemed really good, sometimes they cancled them and a thing my mom has complained about it that there aren't any acivities going on after 6 but with the transition going on that isn't at the top of our list.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your feedback on our community and are glad to hear that you have been pleased with our staff. I apologize that your mother wasn’t connected with a Resident Ambassador in a timely fashion, and also for the cancellation of any activities. The latest scheduled activity is generally at 6:00 to allow our residents to have time to themselves or gather with friends to relax and chat. Our community offers independent and assisted living, as well as memory care. We are always happy to answer any questions about each option, as well as consider any suggestions you may be able to offer. Please feel free to contact us anytime at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Great Community

We chose Carmichael Oaks based on all the things they had to offer, the price, and the location. They offer so many activities nearly everyday. They take them out once a week for a country ride and they constantly do run to the grocery store. They have a theatre on the grounds that play old movies but they also do trips to a theatre off the community so they can enjoy something more modern. The community is just very beautiful. We are glad they were conveniently located for our entire family. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Nice people, busy place. Didn't care ...

Nice people, busy place. Didn't care too much for apts, seems dated. Great food.

Looks very nice; has walking paths.

Looks very nice; has walking paths.

Liked the extended dining hours. Loc...

Liked the extended dining hours. Location is ok. They are right next to a skilled care facility if those services are needed.

liked best. nice younger tour guide-...

liked best. nice younger tour guide-knew everyone, toured

Beautiful place, groups around the fa...

Beautiful place, groups around the facility were very green, big open oak wooded area that all the common rooms faced. Had a Independent Living as well. Lots of activities, large rooms, liked the feel of the place. Warm staff.

Atria Carmichael Oaks is a thoughtfully designed community offering lovely surroundings, personal service and just the right amount of support to live independently. Tree-lined outdoor areas are alive with color and beauty. Huge picture windows cast natural light indoors, and spacious common areas beckon you to gather with friends and neighbors. Choose from several distinctive apartment floor plans and three living options tailored to resident needs – independent living, assisted living or Life Guidance® memory care. Comfortable amenities, a 24-hour staff and a full events calendar complete an exceptional senior living experience. Whether sharing a gourmet dinner with friends, tracing their family history in a genealogy workshop or enjoying an outing to Thunder Valley, residents are free to be as active as they please.

Apartments feature walk-in closets, walk-in showers, a kitchen or kitchenette, an individual thermostat control, an emergency alert system, and on-site parking for residents and guests. The pet-friendly environment features vegetarian meal options, outdoor dining spaces, 24-hour staff, and volunteer programs. Amenities include a library, cognitive learning center, fitness center, game room, movie theater, and a wellness center offering checkups and monitoring. A community laundry, concierge, shuttle, and newspaper delivery service are also available. Residents are provided with an emergency alert pendant or wristband for their security.

License #347005251