Atria El Camino Gardens - Carmichael, CA

Beautiful facility however too high for our budget and does not include long term medical care ie feedinng/bathing- out

Top Quality

We were so glad to find this facility for our parents! We were first attracted by the sunlight and windows everywhere in the common areas, all looking over the courtyard gardens. The care staff is friendly and helpful, and the care manager has worked with us as the care needs have fluctuated from "I can do that" to "it would be good to have help with that." We have eaten many meals there and highly recommend the food for its variety and portions. The Two Rivers Grille is an exceptional alternative to the daily dining room and could compete with any "outside" casual dining establishment.

The atmosphere was positive as well as the residents. We enjoyed lunch dinning in one of the three restaurants available to residents living at facility. Very impressed and still want to pursue other senior living facilities.

Excellent facility! Amenities at Atria include three restaurants, large theater for movie watching, community gardening, and gorgeous surroundings. Current specials make it affordable. [name removed] was gracious and knowledgeable as we toured each of the living areas. Really top notch!

Beautiful building, nice apartments, ate in the fine dining side of the restaurant and the food was excellent. Well planned internal activities with good variety. Fewer planned outings than I would have liked. Staff seemed pleasant, caring and competent.

We toured this community

Mom and I went on a tour here. The staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of our questions. This was a bigger community than the ones we had looked at. I think mom was intimidated by it. It seemed to be clean. They had a lot of daily activities. Just not a good fit for mom.

This is a fun, vibrant community full of friendly people. Everywhere we went during the tour, we saw groups of residents in animated conversations. The facility was very clean and only smelled of good food. There are lovely outdoor spaces with inviting patio furniture and fireplaces. We tried the fine dining restaurant for lunch (one of 3 places to eat!) and the pistachio crusted salmon with avocado salsa was very good as was the baked sweet potato, vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash)and spinach salad we started with. We were greeted with a warm hello from both staff members and other residents. The choir was just beginning practice so there was singing and music wafting down the main halls. The salon is open 5 days a week and offers mani/pedi services at least one day. This place had a lot of fun stuff going on during both my visits. For this reason, my mom plans to move here in February 2018.

Big facility

I was looking for a place for myself to live and had toured a couple of different communities before coming across Atria. From the tour I took, it was pleasant, but I could see that I would have had to walk a long way from the entrance to my room and maybe that's because they have a lot of people living there. Every body seemed friendly otherwise.

Nice tour

The staff did a nice job with our tour they knew that we were looking for respite care for my dad along with physical therapy so the tour was catered with that in mind. This is a very nice community and there were a lot of amenities for the residences, we just felt that this was not the best fit for my dad. I would recommend a tour here.

Kate Vance

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm sorry to hear that the community wasn't a good fit for your father and hope you're able to find a place that suits his needs.

My dear friend has recently made the move into this community and I have to say things are just going okay so far for him. He seems to have adapted well and is making friends with the other residents. I just am not happy with the staff at the front desk and the fact that they can never return my phone calls as promised.

Pleasant tour

This is a very nice community, and the staff did a great job showing us around and answering all our questions. The grounds are beautiful, there's a nice patio and everything was clean. Price wise it compared to others that we looked at as well.

Moms needs changed and she needs more care than what's offered.

We have had my mother in law in 5 different communities and this place by far is the best. We have no complaints about anything.
The community is very well kept and clean.
The food is the best the staff is friendly and helpful much more so than any other communities she has been in.
Considering her health conditions she goes down and participates in the activities she can and since being there she has made a few friends.

[Removed] - [removed] - 240 residents, 10% under 75. Very social; lots going on. 3 meals, anytime dining 7am-7pm; Large studios and 1BR - $3000 and $3340. No pool but across the street is a gym with pool - $10 month. Surrounded by hospitals. Been there 35 years but newly remodeled. Staff longevity. She speaks very highly about the care and cleaning teams.

My father's stay is going smoothly!

My father's stay at this facility is going great! The staff is wonderful. They are very nice and polite, and give my father the level of care that he requires. The rooms cater to my father's needs and are very nice. His stay is going as smoothly as it could possibly go, so I couldn't be any happier!

I have no complaints!!

My mother has been very pleased with how things are going so far her at this community. The staff have been very professional and friendly to her since she made the move. Mom has had no issues with the food and is enjoying her dinning experience. The only thing that I wish they would improve on is helping her get involved in the different activities they have available to all of the residents.

My sister care and comfort

This is a nice for my sister. I am happy with the care. The community is clean and has a good feeling being here. They had a nice variety of good activities. My sister is happy with the care that she is receiving her. We would recommend other families to see the good care and value that is offered for the care of a loved one.

Lovely place!

When I toured the Atria El Camino Gardens, I really liked the place. The food was great! Also, the staff was all very nice and welcoming. I highly considered the place before making my choice.

Tour for care

This is a nice community with wonderful staff. The menu seemed appealing and they offer a great variety of great activities and other families would like knowing that this community is very clean. The staff are outstanding and were able to answer all of our questions on the care that is given here. I highly recommend this community for other families.

El Camino Gardens was warm physically and congenially. The place was spotless. The food is excellent! Mom has everything she needs. Workers there are proud to say that they have been working there for years (Happy workers), and that means a lot for the working atmosphere. Prices are reasonable as the competition goes; we always look for the best price. What we get is the assurance that anything Mom needs is available. Great place

New home and friends for mom

My mom has only been there a month and a half but the staff has been so kind and helpful, making her transition as easy as possible. The place is bright and airy, very clean and the new renovation is beautiful. Wonderful food and lots of activities and services along with an inviting community. We are so grateful to have found this place. My mom was only going to stay for a month while she was recovering but she liked it enough, feeling safe and well cared for, that she has decided to make it home.

Excellent Home

A great community for anyone needing great care. The staff is so considerate and friendly. Great activities are offered. The food is excellent and home cooked appeal. I highly recommend this to other families.

The Tour I Had

When I went to take a tour of this community I noticed that it was nicely decorated and looks clean. I also got information that this is for residents who are mobile and independent. I wanted to bring my mom here but it was not a right fit for the level of care she needs.

A loving place for loved ones.

My mom is doing great in a wonderful community. The staff is excellent. The community is under remodeling at this time, but still clean in the process. The food is excellent and comes highly recommended. Activities are offered for those who want to participate. Others families would be happy with this facility.

beginings

It has only been a month but so far Mom is as happy as one can be who can no longer stay in her own home.
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Our only complaint is the "welcome" package did not contain some pertinent information: hours of the restaurants, schedule of activities, no one showed her where her mail box was nor got her a key for it.
The place is clean (barring construction stuff) and the food is good.
I am sure that once the trauma of the move is over Mom will find her place in the social network and star enjoying herself.

I would recommend.

Atria has been very efficient, easy to work with and very helpful. I was very impressed with the entry and the dining room is very nice. They are remodeling but they have it well under control, I wouldn't say it's dirty at all. I have eaten there myself and thought the menu was very nice, I was impressed with the food. I would recommend Atria El Camino Gardens.

Easy Move In

Everything is going well for my father and I am happy with my choice to move him here. The community is very well-kept it looks great. The staff here is wonderful they are very friendly and helpful. I have been a few times to have dinner with him and the food is great. They were very accommodating to us it was a smooth process. So I would recommend this community.

Very helpful and patient staff!

Things are going okay with my mother at Atria El Camino Gardens. She is slowly adjusting. The staff has been very helpful and patient. They try quite a bit to fit her needs. It has been a pretty good experience. I would recommend this community. The food can be hit or miss, but they do aim to please. The young kids who serve the food try to help, they're very patient. She doesn't take advantage of many of the activities.

After looking at at least 10 different communities for my father, we found many that we liked. We chose Atria El Camino Gardens because they had many activities that my father enjoys, like dancing and woodworking. The staff and the residents alike have all been exceptionally kind and helpful and my father is looking forward to making new friends here.

We have had a very good experience thus far at El Cramino Gardens. Nice to see that remodeling is moving along. Appreciate the friendly and willing attitude of the staff.

Transition to El Camino Gardens has been smooth. Staff has been friendly and helpful. Room is very nice.

Thankful for Atria El Camino Gardens

My mom has been in Atria El Camino gardens for less than a month so only have a short time period to review. I will say that everyone has been very helpful with this hard decision to have my mom leave her home of over 60 years. The staff has been very helpful with suggestions and even a hug when needed as I watch my mom try to adjust. Not only support for her but for myself also. They have taken my calls to update me as I live out of town and can not visit on a regular basis. I am happy and pleased to see my mom in a safe place, receiving good meals and being able to participate in activities with others. The facility is very, very clean and the interaction I have seen with staff and residents has been fantastic. Don't feel like I have walked off and left her in a place where they just let them sit or sleep all day and slowly loose what life is about. Hard to write thoughts when your talking about your own parent and what the best but again I feel she is safe and loved.

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're committed to making the transition as smooth as possible for our residents and their family so I'm really pleased to know that you and your mother are happy. If you'd like to share additional information about your experience, I welcome you to reach out to me at [removed]

Compassionate staff

The staff made the adjustment of moving into a retirement community easier. They are very compassionate and helpful and answered all of our questions. This is a nice, clean facility, the activities are fun and appropriate and the food is decent.

Good Experience

They were very helpful and were very clear on what you get for your money and they were very kind to my mom. My mom is sick and they just called today to tell me what's wrong and they are prompt with their responses. It has been a good experience.

Liked the facility residents appeared happy and engaged, the staff was helpful. on the high side of the price scale but a good value for what is included. upfront monthly pricing.

Atria El Camino Gardens is currently under construction.

Atria El Camino Gardens is currently under construction. When my father-in-law passed away we were looking for places close to us for my mother-in-law. When we saw the facility we saw it was being remodeled but we were able to look past that. Well, we thought it would be done a lot sooner. The hallway that my mother-in-law is in is complete so that is nice. The residents are definitely complaining about it and it is unsettling for them. Another complaint I have is they never seem to get our bill right. We got a special deal and they keep sending the wrong amount. Michelle is very lovely there. We had a lot of gripes in the beginning and she has really been on top of things.

wonderful experience

It was a wonderful experience working with everyone at Atria El Camino Gardens. We were given a list of 6 different places and toured 4. Of those the two Atria facilities were in our top two. It just really fit with the service we needed and convenience. The staff was amazingly helpful getting us headed in the right direction. It made the whole process so easy. One main reason we picked this location was the program they had to helped new residents get adjusted and learn the ropes. However it didn't help mom as much as we thought it would. Mom was still having trouble getting around and knowing where everything was. It would help if residents who have been there longer could show the new ones around.

very friendly, need better food

The biggest thing where they can improve is the food. I have had lunch there with mom a couple of times and the food has not been good. The chicken is dry, it's all bland, etc. I have heard residents complain about it as well.

They are doing some renovations that are taking much longer than expected and there have been a few inconveniences that has caused.

Other than these areas I think the place is great. They are very friendly.

Kate Vance

Thanks for your review of Atria El Camino Gardens. Valuable feedback from our family members helps us enhance the service we provide. We will share your comments with our regional culinary leaders and invite you to contact us directly at [removed] with any other feedback.

Adjustment

My mother is had some trouble adjusting to this move. This staff from the housekeeping team to the activity Cordinator's have been amazing. With their tender care and understanding, I'm absolutely certain that she will be like every other resident I've talk to you in this facility and love it.

bad review

Not happy at all, they quoted me ththe price of 2640.,and the price changed to 4470. Without any notification. I am moving my mother at the end of the month. I will tell everyone that I know what they did. I have lived in this area for 50 years and I know a lot of people. Half of the services that were offered have not been given. My mother was there for almost 2 weeks and is paying top dollar and nobody has even offered to help her take a shower.

Atria residents and staff are very happy and helpful. The facility is undergoing a major remodel and will be beautiful and more user friendly when completed. I had lunch while waiting for our tour and the meal was excellent. The amount of activities available to residents is amazing. As a side note I spoke to several residents at other facilities that said they had once lived at Atria and had loved it there, but that their circumstances had changed and they had move.

In the middle of remodeling but definitely a charming place. Lots of natural lite. All the apartments/rooms have a little patio area which I really liked.

Friendly staff and residents

I think they do a good job overall at Atria El Camino Gardens. It's a beautiful community, and the staff are all very friendly and accommodating. She really seems to enjoy the activities here, she has never been a big joiner but she participates in all kinds of things here, and says the people are very friendly and sociable.
We did run into an issue when we moved in where they got her to sign a few days before she moved in, and charged her for those days even though there was still someone else's furniture in the room so she couldn't have used it if she wanted to. I didn't think that was an appropriate way to handle that.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our community and apologize for any misunderstanding with billing during your initial move in. Please feel free to reach out via [removed], including “Atria El Camino Gardens” in your subject line if your concerns have not already been addressed. We are here to help!

False Advertising

I am very disappointed actually, I've heard so many positive and great things about the place but I am very disappointed in the false promises. When I moved my dad in I was promised that my dad could participate in his the he could be driven to his outside activities still and they would drive him, but he bis only brought to one of his many activities. He is diabetic and i was told someone would watch him at the restaurants...however when he calls me and I ask he all tells me how he was eating cake and other high sugar items as well. My biggest disappointment actually was not long after I boarding my plane home from moving him in and he called me telling me that they were denying his dog as a pet after they said it was okay. I jumped on next plane back, and then I had to get his doctors permission to allow his dog to be there. The community is lovely but they definitely oversell

Kate Vance

We appreciate you voicing your concerns and are sorry that you are upset. We strive to always do our best in accommodating requests from our residents’ families and would like to speak with you personally to work out a solution together. Please reach out directly via [email protected] and kindly include, “Atria El Camino Gardens” in your subject line so we may quickly connect. We are here to help!”

Friendly, caring staff

So far we're very pleased with how things have gone at Atria El Camino Gardens! The staff here is very friendly, and they take great care of the people who live here! Everyone from the maintenance to the administrative staff are friendly, helpful, and know each of the residents by name! It's a very nice place, overall!

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. We had some hiccups in the beginning, but they have addressed the issues. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They have an open menu to pick what you want. I hear a lot of people say they like the food better than where they were. The billing was kind of funky in the beginning, but we were just recently able to go through the bills the last few months, and they have made some adjustments, so now it is correct.

They were very kind and very nice.

My loved one lived here close to two years. They were very kind and very nice. She really liked it here. There was one time that it took twenty minutes to get help when she called. They were very good at assisted living but they just don't offer the level of care that we were beginning to need. The building is older and some of the bathrooms aren't very accessible. They had one dining room for everyone so my loved one could mingle with all of the residents, so there is always someone she could talk to. They have a chef here and the food was really good, they are the only place in the area that can say that, I hear. Some of the staff really went out of their way to help her and to be nice. I would recommend it for anyone that doesn't need too much care.

Impressed with this facility.

My husband & I toured this facility last month when looking for a place for his mother. The facility is very clean, bright and cheerful, the personnel are very friendly, and the residents looked well cared for and happy. Our tour guide was very knowledgable, gave us information that was extremely helpful, and arranged for the nurse to evaluate my mother-in-law. Because my mother-in-law has developed dementia, we decided on a small care home that has a maximum of six residents. However, we would have chosen Atria under different circumstances, as we believe the care and atmosphere would create a great place to live.

All of the residents we spoke to raved about it.

Atria El Camino Gardens was chosen because all of the residents we spoke to raved about the place, and how they wish they had gone there sooner. The staff was friendly, and it was clean, and offered nice amenities, but to hear that from EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT we spoke to was great.

Atria is Awesome!!

On the 22nd of July 2014 I went to the Garden Club, Excercise class, Food thru Film w/ Chef, and the Creating Art class -- with my mother in-law (81 yrs. old) -- she skipped the Exercise class so I went to check out how it was done. Every staff member was helpful, encouraging, and made the class fun and inviting!

Had dinner with her in the evening and the food was good as all the meals I've had there.

Great but watch the finance folks

Moved my Mom there a year ago. Much better value than her previous facility in Folsom but the caregivers are not as warm and friendly. Not unfriendly but don't make her feel special. The food is great with long diningroom hours and lots of choices. This is a very important part of most residents' lives and was a major issue at the previous facility. There are so many activities, social groups, classes, etc. I want to live there :-). Recommended Atria to my father-in-law as well and he loved it there for the few months remaining to him. I would recommend this place to anyone. However, keep a sharp eye on the finances. When my Mom was ill last year, they started jacking up the rates without explanation. When I called them on it, they agreed the increases were inappropriate and brought them back down. They also claim to be ignorant of Long-term care insurance policies and procedures and take no responsibility for messing up on claim forms. This is the one area you will really have to watch.

Excellent Accomodations

I have been happy with Atria since my first visit for a tour. Every person has been kind and friendly. It is evident, through my mom's behavior and my lack of stress, that Atria thrives to assist and accomodate their residents. My mom is very happy in her new community.

Really good

It’s very good. Atria is right up there. I was very pleased The food is good. The hours for their meals are seven to seven. You can eat any time. The service in the dining room is excellent. They staff makes it a point to know everyone’s names.

Atria was a nice community

Atria was a nice community, I would have gone here. We found a good deal at another community that was a nicer. The community we found was like a Hilton Hotel, this isn't on that level, but still a nice place.

Great food!

We haven’t used any of the extra care services that are offered. My loved one hasn’t used much of the activities yet either. I would say that the food service seems to be extremely good - the meals are really high quality with a lot of variety - very fine.

Fantastic

They’re a fantastic community. Everything at the community is very clean. The staff has always been reasonably nice to our loved one. It was easy to give them the highest ratings. They have enough activities and we’re happy with the level of care services that are available to our loved one. The cost of service to services provided is okay.

Relieved and happy

My mother just moved into Atria El Camino Gardens. I initially toured Atria and then brought my mom into see it. We were both so taken with how happy the residents and staff seemed. Within just a few days of moving in, my mom has been approached by several residents who have told her (and me) how much they enjoy living at Atria. One man told my mom that he has never heard a complaint about the food. It's a very comfortable environment and everyone is very friendly. I'm so glad Atria was suggested by Caring.com and A Place for Mom. I never would have found it on my own.

I really recommend it.

I really recommend it. The food is very is good. There is a courtyard for residents to use. We always find a spot, but it’s usually pretty full. There is plenty of parking for residents though. We haven’t had any trouble with the laundry or anything like that.

I was very unhappy with this community!

Their staff is very - well - they shouldn’t be in a position to work with families. I was very unhappy with this community! My mother is in a much better community now! If you’re thinking about this community, please visit with them and really make sure it’s a good match for your loved one’s needs.

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear of your unhappiness with our community and any inconvenience as a result. We would like to speak with you personally to get a better understanding your experience and how you think we could improve going forward. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed] and if you include “Atria El Camino Gardens” in your subject line, we can quickly include all the right people on the correspondence. Please do not hesitate if we can be of help to you in the future; we wish you and your mother the best of luck.

Wonderful place!

We absolutely love this place! Our loved one's mood has improved so much since she moved here. When she was just staying at home she was unhappy and lonely, and now we have trouble getting ahold of her since she is always out visiting with friends. Our whole family has been to visit her and we've all been impressed! The staff is warm and welcoming, and always willing to help.

Nice place for those with higher care needs

This place looked very nice, and the staff were all very friendly, but it was not a good fit for my loved one. The care needs of the residents seemed to be on the higher end of things, which limited the social activities. They also raised the rent significantly every year, which started to strain my loved one's finances.

Kate Vance

I am sorry we did not end up being a good fit for your family member. I will certainly pass along your comments to the appropriate directors to ensure that there are a variety of activities available for our more active residents. If you would like information on our other communities in the surrounding area or feel we can be of further help to you, please feel free to reach out via [removed] and be sure to include “Atria El Camino Gardens” in your subject line.

They have been very accommodating. Th...

They have been very accommodating. The food is sublime, and the service people and the waitstaff is wonderful. They have a beauty shop and she thought that was fantastic. I would like to see Wi-Fi access in the community. I was shocked that in the 21st century there was no Wi-Fi access, especially considering the amount of money they charge. I think this is mostly inconvenient for the families visiting the residents.

Kate Vance

It is wonderful to hear that you love the food and our incredible staff. I will be sure to pass along your request for Wi-Fi to the appropriate administrators. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback of our community.

I was not impressed.

I don't know how they can call themselves memory care. They didn't seem to have the level of care that would be needed and if you need a lot of care they hire "companions" and charge more. They gave them the morphine whether they needed it or not. I was not impressed. They did have a good variety for their menu.

Kate Vance

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments regarding our memory care capabilities are very concerning to us as we take the training of our staff and the safety of our residents very seriously. We would like to discuss this matter with you in greater detail to get a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us at [removed], including “Atria El Camino Gardens” in the subject line.

Older Atria, with all level...

Older Atria, with all levels of care. Most Assist Living are studios and Memory care most are shared. Have all on-site services. Common areas seem more institusional, like a school. Cabinets are older, formica countertops, hard surface flooring. Memory care was friendly and caring, the best part of the residence. Also offering discounts.

The apartment is just right for my mo...

The apartment is just right for my mom. I like the cleanliness, service, staff and dining. I am very impressed and would recommend to others. I was pleased to see my mom involved in the exercise class. My moms security and well being is very important to me. This facility meets all of her needs. Thanks!

Good care and friendly staff

This is a very nice place. The facility itself is very attractive from the outside, and it is location in a nice area. The staff have always been incredibly friendly, I'd rate them higher than 5 stars if I could! The caregivers are always happy to help, and there is 24 hour nursing care available. The food is also good here!

Atria El Camino Gardens

Everything is great here: People, staff, good & activities!

Fairly Good!

I wish there was more variety of activites. They have a variety but they do mostly BINGO and singalongs and it would be nice if they did more. I picked them because they were one of the nice ones with what I thought my mom would like. The food is there is really good!.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. I encourage you to visit our website and sign up for our monthly resident events calendar, so you can stay up to date on all of the activities and events that we offer.

Fantastic!

Compared to some of the other places that we looked it, this was by far the best value. My dad is the one that's actually living there. I know there's all kinds of activities but he very rarely participates in them. We've been trying to encourage him but to date we haven't been successful. I know they go on trips to ball games, they do card games, exercise programs - several things. They put out a calendar each month with all the activities. There's a bunch of stuff for them to do. I think they've got a garden club. We just have to get my dad into him. He walks a lot. The best thing that I liked, but they've recently discontinued it is they had a guest apartment where family could come and stay. They recently rented that out but that would be awesome if they would bring that back. Otherwise the place is fantastic!

Nice Restaurant

I thought they were good. They had a nice restaurant and table cloths and all that. Their price was a little higher and it was farther from our doctors that we wanted.

We Loved This Place

We started out with independent living. Then my mother-in-law fell. She was in rehab and we were transferring over to assisted living and there were a lot of pluses on to the cost for assisted living. We loved the place and everything about it but the cost of assisted care was prohibitive for us and we just couldn't keep her there.

Great Staff and Men's Related Activities

The parking lot is pretty uneven. They have lovely trees and that's one of the reasons we love the place but it's a little hard for the elderly walking around on the uneven surface.

One of the really great things that we love about is the wonderful staff and that the management feels open to come in and talk to them anytime. I think that carries through into the enjoyment of the residents. It feels like a happy place and a positive environment. People are happy and friendly and I'd say that was probably the number one thing that makes it a great place.

My dad enjoys the men's related activities. They have men's club, men's brew club, and poker - a lot of women do that too. He also likes the musical events there.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you found our community and staff to be pleasant, and I apologize for the uneven surface of the parking area. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate directors who can evaluate the parking issue and determine where improvements can be made. If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Clean community. Healthful ...

Clean community. Healthful menu and activities. Would have to share room and rent increases in 2015.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to clarify that the shared room option is available in our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood, but residents may also request a private apartment. All of our other apartments for independent and assisted living are private. If we can answer any questions, please call us [removed] or email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Wonderful wonderful place

The atria is an absolutely fantastic place. We were very very very impressed with everything about it. We should have put her here probably years before, she absolutely loved the place. I have to tell ya, the day before she really began to decline, they had some musical entertainment with women in soldier uniforms and they sang songs that she used to sing when she was in the USO and she was absolutely thrilled with it. It was the very next day that she began to go downhill and they weren't equipped to handle the care she needed. The caregivers were compassionate and even went beyond what they should have done but they took to mom and they sat with her and spent time with her. They were so kind to her that I would certainly recommend them to anybody, the food is awesome, they can go to the dining room and eat pretty much whenever they want. I would even go here

Difficult transition

We had a real hard time getting her meds straight and she's giving herself her own meds now but they could not get her meds right. I had written everything down and everyone had a copy of it and they still couldn't get it right. Thankfully shes cognizant so she's aware of when things aren't right but what about people that aren't? We were paying extra for it and it was not very smooth on that end, they did try and we finalyl have things squared away. I had hoped that there would be more trips away and that was the impression that I got on the tour. There are things they do there at the facility but I wish there were more things that they went out and did besides trips to Walmart.
It took awhile to get her squared away and the initial orientation didn't go as [removed] she was really lost and an ambassador came by her table that first week saying he would wait for her to get acclimated and he never came back. Its smoother now but the first month and a half/six weeks were rough.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review. Please accept our deepest apologies for any confusion with the medications during the initial transition with our community. We have addressed this issue to ensure that all medicines are being delivered accurately according to the prescriptions. On the subject of outings, we have ten trips planned for this month, including a visit to the pumpkin patch, lunch at Apple Hill, a trip to the Auto Museum, a multi-cultural lunch, and several scenic rides. We try to make sure that we have a variety of outings planned beyond the general shopping trips according to what our residents are interested in. If there is a place your family member is interested in visiting, please let us know. We are always happy to provide you with a printed calendar, or you can also view a current calendar on our website at www.elcaminogardens.com. If we can help further, please email us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

a lovely place. Steffany ...

a lovely place. Steffany was very informative. This will be at the top of my list when I need to move.

Great community

We have been very happy with Atria. Everything has just been great. The staff is extremely nice and our loved one seems to be extremely happy. Everything has really been good. We are glad A Place for Mom was able to help by providing us recommendations.

Restaurant Style Dining

Atria is a very nice community and they have a lot to offer. We really liked the rooms they have and how nice they were. The grounds are very nice and well maintained. The way the activities are set up is really good. The dinning hall is set up like a restaurant instead of having to go in at certain for breakfast, lunch or dinner it is open and you come in when you want and order off a menu they have. We really liked that because it provides more choices and the freedom of eating when you want rather then when you have to. They have a smaller dining area you can reserve to have a birthday party or something of that nature. With all these extras it is probably the reason it is more expensive then other communities we have looked at.

Pleasantly surprised!!

I like that there are always people around and all seem very happy. 10 stars for the friendliness of the people! The grounds are nice and the food is excellent with plenty options. I was pleasantly surprised!

restaurant dining, Complementary tran...

restaurant dining, Complementary transportation, long trips cost. Greenhouse. Exercise machine like yours. peepholes in door. Liked bedroom. Arthritus exercising

This was nice. The staff was friendly...

This was nice. The staff was friendly and the food program was excellent, as was the food.

Very large (200 residents). Would en...

Very large (200 residents). Would entail a lot of walking to dining room. Nice atmosphere in park-like setting.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and I would like to address your concern about the size of our location. Due to the number of residents, we have a large staff to oversee their daily needs, and there are many opportunities for our residents to find others that share common interests. Physical exercise is immensely important to the well being of all who choose to live with us, and we find that the walk to the dining and activity rooms is very beneficial for those who are able to move about without assistance. However, many residents also have scooters to get around the community. Scooters are often covered by Medicare with a doctor's prescription since Atria El Camino Gardens is located on twelve acres. We have over 200 events and activities each month, two buses to transport our residents for errands and appointments, two large dining rooms and an outdoor patio with restaurant-style dining, and an Executive Chef who creates an extensive menu for our residents. We hope you will come visit us again soon, and if you have any questions, please email us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

WE LIKED THIS PLACE. tHE GUEST SEEM H...

WE LIKED THIS PLACE. tHE GUEST SEEM HAPPY AND COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. THE STAFF IS EXCELLENT.

I could move in here tomorrow. I rea...

I could move in here tomorrow. I really liked the place and Director was most helpful. A;so her follow up was prompt and vwent over the points we covered while on tour.

Absolutely perfect, except for patios...

Absolutely perfect, except for patios and balconies which are bad for our cat! Loved everything though.Lots of activities, big closets and friendly people.Good food too.

close, liked, 2nd fl hallways blank &...

close, liked, 2nd fl hallways blank & hot, greenhouse, lots of activities, salon closet to us.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our community, and I do apologize that you found the temperature on the second floor to be unpleasant. We will be sure to monitor this closely to ensure that our residents are comfortable while keeping our thermostat at an acceptable level for visitors, as well. I encourage your family to stop by again soon and we are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can always contact us at [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Loved the place.. Could not find any ...

Loved the place.. Could not find any rooms with sunshine coming in the windows.(were covered with trees). My mom will want to take a look at this place for sure!!!!!

At Atria El Camino Gardens, you’ll find a new home that’s warm and welcoming. Interesting social activities and morning exercise classes help residents thrive. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Carmichael, Atria El Camino Gardens is just a short distance from downtown Sacramento.

License #347000389