Fair Oaks Estates - Carmichael, CA

Couldn't be happier

Mom had been in a Nursing Home in Paradise CA after having a heart attack in July. With dementia present, we had been looking for an Assisted Living residence for her- one that had Memory Care on site in case it was eventually needed. When the Nursing Home surprised us with a discharge only a week away, Mom began exhibiting strange behavior, which I attributed to stress over not having a place to go. So, we changed our philosophy from checking out every place we could find to finding one as soon as possible near family in Citrus Heights. The next day my cousin came here and said they filled the requirements we had and the price was right. When I got back in town, I stopped in and put down the deposit. At this point, just having a place for Mom was more important than doing an extreme amount of homework.
Mom's mental condition worsened here, through no fault of anyone. From forgetting that she was given meds to coming up with stories of [Removed] (Things we never had in the first place), Mom was a handful. But, [Removed] and the entire staff were so very kind and helped to try and ease any anxieties Mom had. Mom passed away yesterday from an Aortic Aneurysm (A condition unbeknownst to us, she apparently had for awhile), exactly one month to the day that she first entered Fair Oaks Estates.
Even if we had finished with our exhaustive research (And especially considering we toured and made a decision here in one day), we could not have asked for a better place for Mom to have spent her last month. She was 81, a former Head Nurse, and as independent as you can be, struggling to find herself in this new life where the old TV remote that she had for years was a struggle to comprehend. I want to thank the staff- and the Med Tech's whom she was the most hardest on- for all of their kindness and attention. From the bottom of my heart, they were the absolute best and I could not have been happier with our decision.
I love you, Mom. I miss you terribly. RIP

Memory care at its best!

Everything is going very well at Fair Oaks Estates for my wife. They offer the level of memory care that she needs. The staff does an amazing job communicating with me and keeping me updated on my wife's care. The community is well kept and clean. My wife enjoys the variety of food offered.

worth a look!

worth a look!

Located in a gated campus, Fair Oaks Estates can provide senior living at the highest level. Located in Carmichael, CA this is a small facility that can provide assisted living, and dementia care for their residents. Dementia can be hard for many families to manage at some point. For the safety of the affected person, 24 hour care may be required, and this is what you will find at Fair Oaks Estates. There are many different levels of care that are offered. We promote the highest level of independence possible. Residents are simply assisted with all of their activities as they need the extra help. One of the unique aspects of Fair Oaks Estates is that a chapel is on campus. This means that residents have a place to worship on site if they wish. They may also choose to visit a church that is in the area. Residents are not confined to one choice on the menu each day. Residents are able to decide what they want to eat each day based upon dietary recommendations. Social activities on site can help residents get to know one another, and this can be very important in enjoying the home more. Residents often build very strong friendships and enjoy doing things together. There is also a beauty salon on site which is very important to our residents. Some of the other areas where we can be of assistance include offering incontinence products, and transferring if mobility issues are present. This is a place where you will know your family member is safe and happy while you are away.