Oak Hill Assisted Living Community - Angier, NC

Mom Still Adjusting, But A Good Community Overall

My mother is still taking some time to adjust to her move into this community. However I do know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff in this facility, and they are providing her with good care. The community is well-kept. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. It is a community I would recommend, I know my mother is in a good place.

My father's tour

We toured this community We liked the staff was able to answer the questions we had on the care. The tour was nice and we liked that is was clean and maintained. YThey do have a lot of activities for the residents to participate. The meals seemed appealing. We would recommend this community to other families.

Accommodating Staff!!

The Oak Hill Living Center is very accommodating. My mother in law had to be moved to a better room and they were very nice about it. The place is privately owned, and the staff is very friendly, most of them seem to have been there a long time, which is a good sign. They are short staffed, though. The place is good, not fancy but clean, decent and affordable. I was there while she had a couple of meals and she likes the food, they eat heavy, but she likes it she hasn't said anything negative. The room she is currently in is nice, she has a roommate, though. She is on the waiting list for a private room. Overall, things are going well so far.

My moter's Care

I really like this community for my mom. This is the cleanest community I have ever been in and I am in the health care field. My mom was active with the activites before she moved out. The food seemed to be good, but there were a few items that she did not seem to enjoy. This is a great community for great care for a loved one and I would recommend this to others for great care.

Mom Is In Good Hands at This Community

This community has provided me a peace of mind. I know my mother is safe and in good hands here. She is doing pretty good, and has adjusted well to this community. The staff has been caring and very friendly. It has been a good experience. It was a hard transition for the whole family, but she in being cared for well. I would recommend this community, so far it is working out well for us.

A Safe Place!

There are various activities offered to the residents at the moment my mother has not been engaging in them, but the staff does try to have her engage in them to a level of comfort. The house keeping does a good job making sure that they maintain everything up-kept and clean. My mother does very well with her meals and one of the things that i like about this community is that it's safe.

I have been extremely please with most every aspect of this facility. I feel comfortable leaving my loved one in their care.

Progressing rather nicely

My mother in law has moved into Oak Hill not too long ago. She is still trying to adjust, but things seem to be going pretty well. She can't see that well and needs to have someone with her when walking. The staff have made it a point to go get her and walk around so that she can get the exercise which we really appreciate. Anytime we go to visit, the staff have always been very nice and welcoming and always address us by name. I do believe that Oak Hill may be a little short staffed, but as I said everything seems to be going well. She loves the food there and has actually said she hasn't eaten this good in years! I'd say she is happy with the place overall and as long as she is happy and getting the attention she needs we're happy too.

RNs much better and MED TECHS???? Give me a break....

HORRIBLE interaction with patients EXCEPT WHEN FAMIY members visit.

Tim was very helpful and informative. The facility and grounds were well kept and airy. The staff seemed to very friendly and the residents seemed to be happy. It presented a positive atmosphere.

I visited with Tim Stephenson at Oak Hill yesterday.

He spent nearly two hours with me. We discussed types of care they provide, with the associated costs. They provide all of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, continence, and eating) covered by my Long term care (LTC) plan. We also discussed required paperwork (forms that would need to be provided by my doctor).

Oak Hill is an assisted living facility, and does not provide skilled nursing care (no intravenous fluids, or feeding tubes, etc.). However, they do administer prescribed medications on schedule as required by my doctor.

We then went on a tour of the facility, which included a look at the different kinds of rooms available, the dining room, game rooms, laundry, and inside and outside sitting areas.

For me, Oak Hill has the advantage of being close by, and the costs seem to be within my LTC plan coverage.

Best home away from home

My Mother-In-Law moved here after her hip replacement. She was treated like one of the family. The management, nursing staff and every employee were exceptional in every way. They stimulated her mind to keep her active, made sure she felt included in activities, as well as helped her toilet and bathe. She often commented on how at home she felt and how she appreciated their smiles and the warm, friendly atmosphere. She lived for only a month after moving there, but it was the best month for her in so many ways. We did not worry about her care. Oak Hill handled her death in a dignified and very professional manner. I highly recommend Oak Hill for assisted living.

Nice place

My loved one has been here a few months now, and so far Oak Hill has done an excellent job looking after her! It's a very nice facility, and the staff have all been very friendly, caring, and attentive. And the food seemed pretty good when I visited!

Very small male population

This wasn't at all what we were looking for. It was really nice, the facility was clean and the people were very friendly, but their residents were almost, not quite, but almost 100% women. They had no residents that were where my dad is as far as ability to have a good conversation and the few men they had were more cognitively impared than my dad is and we were looking for a place where he would be able to develop a few friendships and this wasn't it.

Nothing real fancy, but clean and totally adequate

We've been satisfied, very. Nobody's perfect but the staff has been great, we've been happy and at least when we're there it seems to be consistent. They've even called in hospice; her legs were weeping, they were so swollen; so just thinking she needed some extra care and just her age and her medical history, they had her evaluated and they said that she was a good candidate for hospice. So that's gotten her a little bit of extra attention. The facility also offered "Doctors Making House Calls" as a possibility and they in no way require it or force it and for us it was a really good choice and we're very happy with the doctor we have. It's been great, it's only 12 miles from the house and they also have these bracelets, it's not a lockdown facility, but they have these alarms that if she gets too close to an exit the alarm will go off so at least we feel good about where she is and as far as safety they can't keep an eye on her 24/7 but they have security measures in place.

Oak Hill Assisted Living Community is a 122-bed assisted living community located in Angier, North Carolina. Situated on a scenic 16-acre campus just minutes from Raleigh, Oak Hill has been serving the greater Triangle for over two decades. Since opening in 1997, Oak Hill has undergone multiple expansions and has steadily grown to become one of the largest assisted living facilities in the area, all while remaining family owned and locally managed.

Our caring and trained, licensed staff is on duty seven days a week and twenty four hours a day to make sure that each resident receives the constant care and attention they need to guarantee a safe and healthy lifestyle. We are dedicated to providing our residents with a dignified, safe, and engaged community, where they have the security to live the most independent lives possible. We understand we do not have a responsibility to the resident alone, but to the resident's family and loved ones as well. We are committed to ensuring our residents receive the highest quality care possible.

Our newly renovated and expanded home is licensed for 122 residents, and we offer a variety of room options including companion rooms and several sizes of private rooms. Each resident at Oak Hill is encouraged to participate in a variety of on-site activities as well as the larger community. We are happy to call our residents family, and hope that they are proud to call Oak Hill home!