Absolute Care Assisted Living - Angier, NC

Very Accommodating in All Ways

I had to move my mom in a short period of time, at the time she was being discharged from rehab. Although the rehab center was recommending long term nursing care, we wanted to have her continue with therapeutic services, which would not have been possible in LTNC. I reached out to A Place for Mom, and they recommended Absolute Care. The family and I read reviews about the facility and they were only 3-4 negative reviews about them, 1 milquetoast. I had no choice but to use them for my mom's care due to the short time available to make a very important decision. The owner accommodated us, even as I was uncertain about the distance from family. She even went so far as to prorate the fees, as it was not a full month and she was accommodating the move with in 3 days, 2 weekend days included.
Upon my mothers arrival, and seeing the landscape, she rang me immediately, even before entering the facility, to say it was so beautiful with the trees. There were picnic tables with umbrellas and rocking chairs on the porches of the many houses outside. Residents sat on the porch listening to music and chatting with one another. The residents and staff are all extremely nice and it turned out to be a fantastic community. The reality of the pleasantries are in stark contrast to the reviews. I am happy that I ignored them.
Everyone was so accommodating and helpful, they really took good care of my mother by keeping her content and happy. They accommodated her with getting physical and occupational therapy and a visiting nurse to address pressure wounds which she acquired at the rehab facility. There were some good and some not so good meals. She loved their home cooked meals, however did not enjoy a "mystery meat bologna" sandwich. I could not have been more pleased when I picked her up to take her home. It was my first time there as I had to place her, sight unseen ( I am in NYC, and she in North Carolina). I would most certainly use the community again if my mom should need it. They helped her improve physically as well as spiritually. She would have been perfectly fine here had she needed to stay long term and my mother was happy with the experience. I highly recommend the community.
I did make some recommendations however. It would be to the advantage of the facility, to update their website with new photos which better demonstrate the experience overall. They should also reach out to honest satisfied clients and their families for true testimonies and photos. I am confident that those scandalous reviews currently available were written by disgruntled former employees, who were likely fired for poor job performance. They were clearly not reflective of my mothers experience, nor that of the staff which I had the pleasure to interact with on almost a daily basis. They took the time and care to reach out to me and keep me updated on my mothers condition and progress.