North Pointe Assisted Living of Garner - Garner, NC

Care and Management Needs Improvement

My mother is no longer here at this community, and she refuses to go back. She does not feel safe here. Her experience at this community was horrible. She says the staff was very rude and would say things like, " I don't get paid enough for this" and "I'am not going to hurt myself trying to help you". It was totally unacceptable behavior from the care staff. The management and care needs major improvements here.

Nice place, but could use some updates

Our experience with North Pointe has been a good one, overall. The people here are friendly, and they do a good job keeping the place looking well kept and clean. However, it just feels a bit worn down and could really use some renovations.

A PLACE FOR DAD

My dad has been a resident at N.P. For about two month. After visiting other places this seemed to be the best fit all around. This is an older facility with out bells and whistles but what I noticed on the very first visit was the residence were socializing with each other and there were Men. Most of the other facilities I had visited lacked in this area. It takes a while for my dad to warm up to others so this was my main concern when it came to finding him a place to live. My only concern is that my dad is disabled and the rooms do not have calls bells outside of the doors or in the bathrooms. The food most be ok because he has not complained. My complaint is that he has missed a few items since being there ( sticky fingers ) so he was told to close his door when he is not in his room. Overall so far so good.

Affordable. Friendly staff. Convience of care and therapy under one roof. Tasty meals. My mother is a picky eater and enjoys the meals. Transportation provided to medical appointments. Old building. Needs sprucing up outside. Old style communal bathrooms. Needs to replace indoor carpeting with cleaner alternative. Problems with securing personal belongings. [removed] No call buttons in rooms. Overall seems like the staff cares. Not so sure about the owner of the building. So far seems to be a safe place for a loved one on a budget.

I have been very pleasantly surprised.

I think they are doing a very good job. I have been very pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look as nice cosmetically, as the place we were before, but the care is better. They are a flat fee so everything is included in the price. It's clean, and they have more staff than the other more expensive place. The food seems to be great the other day they had beef tips over rice, and it looked and smelled so good. They recently got new owners and they are doing really well. I read that they had a lot of bad reviews, but it really is just the looks of the place. There are also a few men that seem to hang out in front, maybe they could use a few more activities that are interesting for the gentlemen, so they have something to do.

Review of North Pointe Assisted Living of Garner Assisted Living in Garner, NC

Can we do a no star?! This was not an acceptable facility. Roslin, though not outgoing, did her best to present the facility in the best light--but, it was just not a place we would want to take anyone!