North Pointe of Asheboro - Randleman, NC

A New Normal

My mother has only been a resident at North Pointe of Asheboro for a few weeks, but it has been a blessing!

She needed a facility where her medications would be provided as scheduled and where meals would be prepared. Mild cognitive impairment requires reminders and support. They also check on her throughout the day. The staff has always been engaged with her for physical as well as emotional needs and she has the sweetest neighbors who have taken her under their wing.

Her laundry is done on a weekly schedule or as needed and she receives help with bathing. She has her hair fixed weekly as she has been accustom to for many years. Activities are available for fun, exercise, entertainment, and religious interest. Transportation to doctors is provided and outings are planned for those who wish to partipate. The decor is beautiful and is updated for seasons and holidays. I feel free to talk to any staff member when I have questions or problems and I feel comfortable about moms care. I do not worry throughout the day about mother's safety, needed meds or nutrition as I did when she was home alone. Thank you, North Pointe!

A Special Place to Call Home

It has been five years this month since Mother chose to make North Pointe of Asheboro her home. I was impressed with the staff and facility on my first visit and have continued to value both even more over the years. An inviting atmosphere and home-like environment greets everyone at the door and extends throughout the building. More importantly, the dedicated and professional staff provides a wide spectrum of care to meet the individual needs of every resident. Someone is always available to offer an encouraging word, provide general assistance, host or supervise activities, administer prescribed medications, assist in case of emergency – the list goes on and on. Should a staff member ever notice any area of concern, there is contact with a family member to make them aware and/or keep them informed.
North Pointe exemplifies the environment we expected in an assisted living community. I have a great time “going home” to visit mother knowing when I am not with her she is loved and cared for by a fantastic team of professionals.

My Mom has been at Northpointe for over 2 years. The staff is very good with my Mom. She always feels secure, and they make sure she is well taken care of daily. I don't worry about my Mom or her care at Northpointe. Cheryl does a great job as administrator, and I am thankful for all the nurses that help my mom with her medication. It is wonderful to know that our Mom is receiving great care daily, and we are very appreciate to all the staff at Northpointe for this!

New Phase of Life

My father has been a resident at North Pointe of Asheboro for almost two years. It was a difficult decision for him and family to make. He knew he could no longer keep up with managing his medication and day to day living skills so he chose to go to North Pointe on his own. It took him a little while to ajust, but now he is content and happy. We visit him quite often and love to see how the staff and my dad interacts with each other. I am thankful that the staff has been there for a while so the residents can build trust and a relationship with. The director has an open door policy to bring any concerns to and ready to address them. I can honestly say it is a true blessing to know when I lay my head down at night I know in my heart that my dad is safe, warm, happy, and being cared for during this new phase of his life. I am giving a 4 star rating only because there is always room to continue to grow. Thank you North Pointe keep growing..

Happy with Mother's Care

My mother has been a resident at North Pointe for 8 years. We have been happy with the care that she has received. They do treat their residents like family.

Appreciation for North Pointe of Asheboro

North Pointe of Asheboro has been assisting my 90 year old Mom for seven years now. She needed a facility where her medications would be provided as scheduled or as needed and where meals would be prepared and served and where mild cognitive impairment could be acknowledged. Even when there have been staff changes, the staff has always been engaged with her for physical as well as emotional needs. Her laundry is done on a regular basis and she receives help with bathing and dressing. She has her hair fixed weekly, so she always looks pretty. Activities are available for fun, exercise entertainment, and spiritual interest. Transportation to doctors is provided and outings are planned for those who wish to partipate. The decor is pleasant and is updated for seasons and holidays. I feel free to talk to any staff member when I have questions or problems and I feel comfortable about her care. I don't believe any facility is perfect, but the pluses certainly outweigh any negatives at North Pointe of Asheboro! Thank you, North Pointe!

Excellent assisted living services and great value in this area. There is a family feeling and good activities offered.
Highly recommend if searching for care.

DON'T RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

This place is a joke!! In the last year, my loved one has gone completely downhill because of this place! She used to be so independent and now has to use a wheelchair! They aren't staffed like they should be, they don't care how their residents are. They let the residents who need to be watched a little more than others sit in the parlor in their wheelchairs all slumped over. Have heard by some of the residents that they can't stand the food served and that it is gross. I highly recommend looking elsewhere if you care about your loved one's health.

Not a good fit

We toured North Pointe of Asheboro and I did not get a feeling of being welcomed by the director. I felt like they really didn't care whether we chose their community. I didn't think they offered a lot of variety in their meals.

Understaffed and constant turnover!

They offer an arrangement of activities to participate in. The cleaning staff keep everything fairly well. The Administration staff are friendly. There seemed to be miscommunication or lack of expectations among the staff and the care that they are supposed to provide. Staff ignore requests from residents like helping with care and medications. They line residents up against a wall to receive their medications. There is limited food offered and very rarely fresh. All of the vegetables are canned.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Friendly, open, welcoming staff!

We're very happy with North Pointe of Asheboro! It's a great looking, clean community, and it just has a pleasant atmosphere overall. From the moment you walk in you just get a warm and safe feeling. The staff were friendly, open, and welcoming, and we could tell they take great care of their residents.

North Pointe of Asheboro, a Victorian Senior Care community, is a family owned and operated agency. Victorian Senior Care has been serving the needs of seniors and their families since 1958.
North Pointe of Asheboro is conveniently located off Highway 220 South between Greensboro and Asheboro and is convenient to Randolph, Guilford, Davidson and Montgomery counties.
North Pointe is close to Randolph Hospital and many medical practices in Asheboro as well as hospitals and medical care in Guilford County.
North Pointe features wall to wall carpeting, private baths, whirlpool, fitness room, putt putt golf course and numerous common areas, libraries and parlors.